It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Called My Rep On Syria(He didn't listen)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

What blows my mind is the idea that you thought he would listen and actually care or the idea that you have proper representation in your government.

I could have told you before you called that you were going to get nowhere.

Are you surprised??
I'm not.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I would like to ask all of you U.S citizens a giant favor. With the recent topics here on ATS about how so many U.S citizens are calling their officials to say that they are against action in Syria.

And with a topic like this mentioning how some officials simply ignore it. I would really appreciate it, if you would all fight, unite and work together, to bring these two facts as much media attention as you can.

The American people do NOT want action in Syria. The American people are so sure of it, that an undeniable amount of them are actually calling their officials to let them know this. Yet some officials are ignoring it completely.

Do not let this get ignored by the media, do not let them hush these facts down. The rest of your country and the rest of the world, needs to know this. It needs attention. If you dont get the attention it will be ignored and forgotten.

Trust me, this is a huge stepping stone for you guys over in America. You need this to be focused on. You need this to get attention. Or else it will be forgotten and I am afraid that this is one of your last chances, to stop something horrible which will lead to something even worse.

Please Americans, I know you can do this. Not only for your own sakes, but for mine and the rest of the worlds aswell. You have no idea how important this is.

How can I help?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Dont stop, Dont get discouraged.

My two reps have come out now waffling on the issue, saying they are unsure at this point, that is after a deluge of letters, many sent by groups of people I have been in contact with.

Oregon's two senators, Democrats Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley, said Monday that they are reserving judgment on whether the U.S. should launch a military strike against Syria in retaliation for the regime's apparent use of poison gas.

thats moving from one saying we should get involved, to now being unsure, as small as it is its a victory.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Keep it up! This needs more attention and focus.
The peoples voices needs to be heard. I believe in you America. I wish there was more I could do to help.

Point me in the direction of any petition, any official, anything. I am eager to spend my time helping in any way I can. No matter how little it may be.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
my congresswomen posted on twitter asking what they people felt was the right choice, she also had this posted on her website

“If the last 12 years has taught us anything it is that the American military should not be used as the world’s police force, it should only be used to protect the American people and vital American interests. I am still not convinced that the unilateral use of American armed forces in the Syrian Civil War is in the vital national security interests of the United States. I also have grave concerns with the wording of the proposed resolution allowing the use of force which could be interpreted to be far less limited and much more open ended than the President has suggested. “I will continue to diligently review all of the information put forward and listen to thoughts of my constituents as Congress moves forward in the debate over whether to allow the use of American armed forces in the Syrian Civil War, but at this point I do not believe the case has yet been made.”
Candice Miller

I wrote her expressing my feelings on the matter. I was amused by this portion here

I also have grave concerns with the wording of the proposed resolution allowing the use of force which could be interpreted to be far less limited and much more open ended than the President has suggested.
sure no one will be surprised by that tho. Hope she listens to the people, don't sound like she is to excited about the situation either.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtydonkey

Damn American zip codes. Cant figure them out or find any working adresses.
So I cant write her :/

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Elections are right around the corner. We need to think of someway to publicize who is not representing thier districts, so they get voted out. If this is done in mass, political parties will have less control over them.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Part of the problem with a Republic (you vote for Leaders, not Representatives or Members) is that once they are elected they do not have to respond to the will of the people. They were elected to "lead" the people.

Of course, that assumes leadership ability, which is obviously in short supply.

America needs a strong third party soon. This duality is killing honest decision.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The problem lies in the fact that you as people, do not see the general benefit you will be receiving in this war, while your politicians do. American politicians have always calculated and done whatever they could to maximize their benefits abroad. This is a war for power in the middle east. And the sorry fact is, being a politician means you have to make the ugly choice of choosing your country's benefit over another, even if it means mucking over the other country.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

I admire you for your convictions and your actions.
Godspeed to you!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Sorry folks to not reply sooner as I posted before bed and work an unconventional 4 day 10 hr work week.

Rep Adam Kinzinger

Here he is-

His version of history and , of course, the ubiquitous mention of Ronald Reagan.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I guess I was surprised?

I've never seen more people here in the US against something and have a Congressman go totally against the people he's supposed to represent.

We will have a smallish group gathering at to voice our disapproval at the local office of Kinzinger on Saturday. Looks like anywhere from 100-500 folks now say they're going to be there , but if many more than 100 show, I'd be shocked.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

This is a war for power in the middle east. And the sorry fact is, being a politician means you have to make the ugly choice of choosing your country's benefit over another, even if it means mucking over the other country.

I don't condone a military strike in Syria, but let's face it, the Sunni extremists are going to make sure that every country that isn't run by Political Islam get mucked up anyway.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Make sure hrs voted out, try to support someone real and not owned. Anf never, ever let this rep live this down. Remind him on facebook daily and spread it locally and at rallies even well into the future. He is the broken system.

Also, I used to see a girl briefly that lives in LaSalle. If you are from there you may know her (her and I are both 27).
edit on 6-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Make sure hrs voted out, try to support someone real and not owned. Anf never, ever let this rep live this down. Remind him on facebook daily and spread it locally and at rallies even well into the future. He is the broken system.

I say BRAVO!

You have just given us the answer which should start getting this government back on track.

Everyone should go to every rally and town meeting any of these guys hold today, tomorrow, and in the future.

At every opportunity they should be reminded of their stance on this issue and even after they are voted out of office because ot it.

They should be reminded for the rest of their lives.

I would add a few years to that if possible, my self.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Over the last many years more and more people have come to realize that the people we elect, even if they start out with good intentions, are quickly brought in-line with the party's agenda. Both parties --- Republicans and Democrats --- answer to the same benefactors. It's those benefactors that set the agenda. We will NEVER regain control of this country if we insist on electing people from those two parties. The parties, and by extension the politicians within them, are all owned and have been for a long time. Every election it's the same thing yet naively we expect a different outcome.

The only option open to us with any chance of making a REAL difference is to refuse to vote for any Democrat OR Republican in ANY election EVER. Short of taking this to the streets and facing the same reality as Syria that is the only way to short-circuit the system and get the message across en masse. We need to make every member of either party a pariah.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
First of all it's awesome you voiced your opinion. Second, vote him out when the time comes!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

It takes a lot of money to get elected and re-elected and its far easier and more effective to be given what you need than campaigning and fund raising. All you got to do is play ball, and that is what they are doing. They know the majority don't want another war, that is why they are marketing this via the MSM.

In addition, since our politicians are human (besides the reptilian ones, I have seen the youtube evidence
) we can't be really surprised that they are not immune to the billions spent in lobbying each year that is thrown at them.

Also look at the Genetically Modified Organism GMO bill that passed, that was something that was not asked by the constituent and was something that only benefited the lobbyist. In my State (FL) Republican Rubio went against the basic republican ideals. He voted to not allow for state rights , by denying states to decide if it should label the lab experiments as GMO versus natural. He also went against the basic Republican ideal of letting the market decide when he voted to not inform the public of what they are eating. We now have no choice as a consumer but to accept GMO.

Bottom line, as long as we don't address the lobbying issue and the fine line of how money touches our politicians from special interest groups , don't expect them to have our best interest in place. That is why regardless of Democrat or Republican in congress we get bigger gov't, more taxes, more global conflicts, and the issues that the general public complains about is the industries with the biggest lobbyist and biggest profits.

We don't need to do away with lobbying since its a way for our gov't to hear our concerns. However, we do have the technology available to change it from the highest bidder to a more accurate representation of what the general public wants.

/soapbox

edit on 6-9-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Wow. Things like this make me wonder what the point of voting is anymore. These scumbags don't care that they were elected to represent people other than themselves. Their personal opinions are worthless. You should have your man kick him in the groin. I know here where McLame is, there are many who'd like to take his cane and beat him with it. (Not really, but an amusing mental image considering his war-mongering ways and DB-like demeanor, not to mention deaf to the will of his constituents.)
It really is a shame that we throw our votes at these people thinking that they will effect change in congress, and then turn out to be just as corrupt as the ones they replaced. Our political system is broken.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So what is your local congressman's name? Unless your afraid of repercussions you should expose him for not following his citizens requests.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join