It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Called My Rep On Syria(He didn't listen)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
We can add senator Patty Murray and congressman Denny Heck to the list of grunts not responding to phone messages or emails. I have been calling them quite often as well and have not gotten through once in several days.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm surprised! My congressman, Bill Enyart D-IL is skeptical about us going into Syria without support from other nations. He says we shouldn't go it alone. He's a retired General from the Illinois National Guard. Not as hawkish as I expected. Good for him.
www.altondailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Wow this thread blows my mind away. How can so many people get in touch with their representatives AND YET get ignored it seems? I am having a hard time believing any of this. I know the government is corrupt but I always thought it was a handful like kerry, mccain, graham, holder.

I guess the two parties have gotten elected so many times that they have absolute contempt for their base. D and R has become a trustful monopoly. I THINK WE NEED SOME HIGH PROFILE LAWFIRM FILLING A CLASS ACTION *ANTI-TRUST* LAWSUIT ON BEHALF OF THE AMERICAN PUBLIC ASAP! Seriously, enough is enough.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I sent this message to Prez at the WH:

PLEASE do NOT attack Syria. It is clear from Russia's and Iran's response that it WILL trigger a major war. Is the killing of millions really worth "saving face"?
Our troops are war weary, we already can't fund another war and how can you even consider letting our troops be mercenaries for some middle eastern country? Now it looks like you are even afraid to hear from congress as it is being considered to drop the vote on the issue. It is quite clear from the calls and messages from the American people that 99.9% of the American people OPPOSE getting involved in a 3 year old civil war. I question the sanity of considering going ahead with this in the face of Russia and Iran threatening to get involved and the ENTIRE world saying don't do it!

We the people can not give up! I sent a similar message to my congressman and senator today, my second message to this this week. I asked they demand a vote in congress since it looks like congress is chickening out because the vote will be no.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Who the hell in their right mind would support this with blind, unwavering, faith? This latest episode is brought to you by the same clowns who said without a doubt Saddam had WMD's.

As it turned out those WMD's obviously had the power of invisibility, because they were never found, but the lies to engage our military were eventually exposed.

Even the braindead "Dancing with the stars" TV vegetables among us wouldn't fall for this again...or would they???

Note to Obama Administration & Congress: You lose all credibility when you've already been exposed in the past fabricating info & intel to accomplish your nefarious goals.
edit on 6-9-2013 by nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
So with Obama's decision to let Congress vote on authorization to use military force against the Assad regime, I decided to see how my local Congressman was going to vote on this issue.

I first searched his website and then his Facebook pages. Nothing!

Then I call his local office and am greeted warmly by the lady answering his local office phone. I ask if my rep has a stance on this important matter. She says that he only held a stance that Obama should ask Congress to authorize any action.

She then asked if I held an opinion on it that I wish to made known to my representative. I said yes, I am strongly against any military action against Syria/Assad.

I then called the following day at the end of the day. The same lady answered my local Congressional rep's phone as the previous day. I explained to her that we'd spoken the previous day and wondered if any of my local fellow citizens had also made their voices heard. She replied, "Yes, the phone call volume has steadily increased all day". I asked if it was possible to find out what the caller's sentiments were. She replied, "About 20-1 against military against". I said thanks and good bye.

Then checked my Rep's Facebook page and saw that he would be speaking at Wed's hearing. Poster's in response were about 15-1 against military action on his page.

Today, he comes out in strong support for military action against Syria.

?????

This man totally disregarded the overwhelming voice of his constituents!

This war has already been written. We are not at the precipice of war, but somewhere past the initial stages, where our covert agencies have used terrorist assets to destabilize and begin the syrian civil war.

They have no intention of listening to anyone. Our "democracy" is a complete farce, and the left / right paradigm is a long dead invention used to distract the masses from the big issues. And, they use it to great effect.

The truth is the war has already begun and most people just don't realize it. Obama, and the republicans as well, have no intention of listening to the American people. Their only quibble is how quickly to escalate this into the full on assault.

Sadly, this is probably the most dangerous time since the Cuban missile crisis.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Mine responded with an email

"Dear Adam,

Thank you for contacting me to share your concerns and views about the events unfolding in Syria and the proposed American response. I appreciate hearing from you.

President Obama, as required under the War Powers Act, is consulting Congress before taking action related to the use of chemical weapons by the Government of Syria. I applaud him for pursuing this consultation, since various Presidents have at times ignored this requirement.

I take the events in Syria and the consultation process extremely seriously. There are many aspects of this that I am reviewing. One is to understand the full scope of evidence pertaining to the reported use of nerve agents by Syria. In addition, why isn't there more of a coordinated international response since, as President Obama has pointed out, the "red line" on chemical weapons is an "international" red line?

Another aspect is to understand the full range of potential policy instruments that might both bring the international community together and deter future use of chemical weapons. Have we fully explored non-military options including statements of condemnation, ejection from international organizations, economic sanctions, and war crime tribunals?

Moreover, what are the risks of escalation and retaliation of largely unilateral actions? And what is the consequence of the U.S. and the international community failing to respond substantively, whether in a military or non-military manner, to the use of chemical munitions?

These are some of the issues that I am intently examining to understand the pros and cons of the options before us. I deeply appreciate knowing your views on this very important issue.

All my best,

Jeffrey A. Merkley
United States Senator"

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudwlke

Gave his name in post of few above yours.

In case you missed it, Adam Kinzinger. Also posted a video of his speech.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fenson76

Oh, I gave his office my address as the woman I talked to asked for it.

She said they would be sending me something.......probably his re-election campaign material.

I have made it very clear with them, that Mr Kinzinger will not be receiving my vote next time.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Waiting for replies from all the reps I emailed and called. Just to throw a little humor your way...something just dawned on me that anything negatively said against this president and the racial card is pulled. Well, biologically, he is white American and also Black American.....so which one went to Washington???? LOL

I am also a so-called half breed...white/native...and from day way I have said to my friends I am just one half-breed calling another half-breed a liar. Now who gets to pull the racial card? LOL I believe I do because we are smallest minority. He he!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nativeshaman

That would make him the first bi-racial president and not the first Black American president. Forgot to mention that. Let the history books be re-written...LOL

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join