It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Called My Rep On Syria(He didn't listen)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
So with Obama's decision to let Congress vote on authorization to use military force against the Assad regime, I decided to see how my local Congressman was going to vote on this issue.

I first searched his website and then his Facebook pages. Nothing!

Then I call his local office and am greeted warmly by the lady answering his local office phone. I ask if my rep has a stance on this important matter. She says that he only held a stance that Obama should ask Congress to authorize any action.

She then asked if I held an opinion on it that I wish to made known to my representative. I said yes, I am strongly against any military action against Syria/Assad.

I then called the following day at the end of the day. The same lady answered my local Congressional rep's phone as the previous day. I explained to her that we'd spoken the previous day and wondered if any of my local fellow citizens had also made their voices heard. She replied, "Yes, the phone call volume has steadily increased all day". I asked if it was possible to find out what the caller's sentiments were. She replied, "About 20-1 against military against". I said thanks and good bye.

Then checked my Rep's Facebook page and saw that he would be speaking at Wed's hearing. Poster's in response were about 15-1 against military action on his page.

Today, he comes out in strong support for military action against Syria.

?????

This man totally disregarded the overwhelming voice of his constituents!

Incredible!

And what makes it worse is he's a young Congressman who continually preaches how he will represent the will of his people.

We the people in this district made our voices heard to no avail!!

Not giving up though, as a sizable rally, is scheduled for Saturday morning at his office.

Hopefully, they won't rush the final vote through before then!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Silly Americans you are going to be false flagged for been so disobedient against Obama wishes,he might just attack and kill every member of congress if you are lucky.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Say his name, people in America need to know who is against them, I am really feeling sorry for all of you, the only way to get through to politicians is naming and shaming.
edit on 5/9/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I was watching the hearings and saw our guy (Chris Coons - Delaware) on TV saying that he was in favor of going in. There wasn't a snowballs chance in hell of getting this guy to change his vote. He's a Democrat from Delaware - Joe Bidens state.

edit on 9/5/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Why didn't you include his name in the OP?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I was watching the hearings and saw our guy (Chris Coons - Delaware) on TV saying that he was in favor of going in. There wasn't a snowballs chance in hell of getting this guy to change his vote. He's a Democrat from Delaware - Joe Bidens state.

edit on 9/5/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

I am from Delaware born and raised
and I am afraid you are correct sir.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I hand wrote and sent a letter, emailed, called, and that didn't do one bit of good.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Letter received. Ignored.
Call received. Ignored.

Further action required.

You Americans may already be in a war with your government. It's a war the people should win, if they realize in time that it's been happening. Your "representatives" are nothing of the sort, and need to be replaced. What mechanisms do you have in place for that? I mean real mechanisms... not the "next election" sort.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Add the names of Kay Hagan, Richard Burr and David Price to the names of congress critters not listening to the phone calls .

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Which bum is he, I'll call that clown.

Just gonna do it anonymously, dont wanna end up on a list FFS.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

And what makes it worse is he's a young Congressman who continually preaches how he will represent the will of his people.

haha...I guess you lost your cherry that day...if you know what I mean.

I have a question for the OP...did you honestly believe that popular vote means something to them ? They have a higher responsibility towards private interests. Going against the old military guard could only shorten his political life span...and that is all he wants from his term...to secure his political career. If you start caring for people's opinions and will...you end up like Ron Paul...on the fringes...and ridiculed.

We are still so romantically, innocently naive about politics.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Having read what the OP wrote, the following can be stated:

Is anyone surprised that the very people that were elected to office ignored what the voice of the people that they are representing are saying? After all this is not new, and it is a fact that those who are politicians will lie to the people. Yet people cry and complain when they are either ignored or it appears as though their congressman is not listening to them.

The problem is that once a person gets into office, they feel secure, well secure for the first 2 years in office, they believe that their decisions that they make will not be held against them. The look to sit in positions of power where they are not going to have to answer for such and that by the time the next election comes up, they are looking to stay there. While they can get away with ignoring calls right now, and all coorespondences as it suits them, the fact is that they still need votes and you can bet come election time they are going to spin a tale to get elected.

The problem is that we the people have become apethetic to who is in power, and really have no clue as to why they vote they way that they do, nor do they share their decision making process with their constituents. Listen sometimes to how they try to change the subject when it is one that they do not want to talk about or not give an answer. And those that do, are often either shot down, or not given the courtesy of speaking in the first place.

These votes and laws that are unpopular, they should serve as warnings to the general public, as not to go with one party or another. When voting find those that match your ideals, but also think, that for those at the federal level are going to have to vote for what is good for the country, not just one part of it.

And above all never relect a person into the same office, or you end up with people like Pelosi and McCain who are unwilling to compromise or view that they might be wrong.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
At least this issue is instructive about who these cretins represent. I think most people can agree that they don't represent *us*.

I wonder what the payoff is to them -- political power, favors, a committee assignment, an increased bank balance?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
He only has 35 constituents? Meaning the rest were undecided or didn't care. He made a judgement call. If more had made themselves he probably would have gone against it. Don't re-elect him next time.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xertious

Did you consider that they were using the 20 to 1 and 15 to 1 as a ratio and not an actual number of people who called?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I e-mailed called and wrote both Senators and my Congressman. I expressed my opposition to US intervention in Syria. Just to kill some time this morning, I went to the facebook page of all three. One of my Senator's (Jeff Sessions, AL R) has comments blocked on his facebook. The other two, both (R), Richard Shelby, and Mike Rogers allow comments on their pages. There were hundreds of posts on Shelby's that I looked at, and didn't notice a single one in favor of US action, fewer on Rep. Rogers but the same ratio against US action.

I'm not naive enough to think that my opinion, or the opinion of thousands/millions of my peers matters to these bastards, especially with the money that they get from the MIC, but I encourage everyone against US intervention to let their Congressman/Senator know we are against it. I hope anyone voting for this war who is up for re-election next year, which includes all Representatives, get's primaried because of it regardless of their party.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have read several posts and replies bemoaning how someone attempted to contact their enected representatives and got no response. I am of the opinion there is but one way to truly get their attention.
While I can not guarantee a real response, they can not say the have not heard from "we the people".

I do not advocate sending either email or snail mail. I would urge anyone wishing to get their attention to use the fax function which is available in most email settings. If each of us sent 10 or even 100 faxes each, it will so overload their fax machines, there will be no denying them getting a message. All that is needed to send multiple copies is to continue pressing the send button. Their machine will print a copy each and every time one is sent. It does not know they are all the same.

I am including below a short message which expresses my thoughts on the matter. I would hope some of those reading this will take the liberty to either use it, or make on of your own, and send as many copies as you will to your elected representatives in congress.

I urge you to vote NO when called upon concerning our
nation becoming involved in Syria.

As you were elected by the majority of the voters with
in this district, it is your job as a member
of Congress to represent the wishes of these people. If,
for whatever reason, you should choose to
ingnore our wishes in this upcoming vote about our
nation's involvment in Syria, you should be
prepared to be removed from the office which you now
hold.

As one of the voters in this district, I promise to do
all within my power to find someone else,
anyone else, to take up occupancy of this office after
the next election. If you choose to represent
the wishes of others, may I invite you to take up
residence with in their district and run for some
office there.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Where did you get the idea they are there to listen to you and act on your behalf?

I'm reminded of one Howell Heflin who was one of the key votes during a certain Supreme Court Justice's confirmation. He said, as best as I can remember, "I have received thousands of calls over the last week, all do not want him confirmed, but I am going to do the right thing."

The United States has not been attacked since pearl harbor and that has been seen was goading, not an attack by choice, yet we have been involved in continuous warfare for 100 years.

On all national matters the government works for the Federal Reserve and takes orders from the Federal Reserve exclusively - not you. The Fed wants Syria to be part of the IMF, with Iran next. They can either go peacefully or not.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
My Representative (R) Brad Wenstrup here in Ohio has a full opened comment session going right now on his Facebook page. He has asked everyone whether they are for or against. He has stated that he can not make any decision without first hearing from his constituents.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So next election, vote him out.

That is the only voice you have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join