It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does exist.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Your explanation doesn't sound very convincing. A simple explanation on the origin of life on earth would be accepted. It's either life emerged on earth or always existed on earth. I don't believe any amount of geological investigation can even prove how long the earth has been here.
edit on 8-9-2013 by BlackSunApocalypse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

sperm meets egg, sperm penetrates egg, flagellum falls off sperm, newly fertilized egg travels through fallopian tube and finally implants itself into the uterus.16 days later you've got a multi cellular organism growing consisting of the endoderm, the ectoderm and the mesoderm.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
And you believe such a process requires no intelligence whatsoever? I don't even think you could conceive of how to create an organism as complex as a human being. We for example can create art pieces, drawings etc, we design them and consider them marvels, so what makes you think we aren't designs? We design, does that not mean we were designed? If I asked you to design a human being, to depict such a drawing for me on paper without any sources available, could you draw it? You'd probably spend your entire life drawing every detail.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSunApocalypse
And you believe such a process requires no intelligence whatsoever? I don't even think you could conceive of how to create an organism as complex as a human being. We for example can create art pieces, drawings etc, we design them and consider them marvels, so what makes you think we aren't designs? We design, does that not mean we were designed? If I asked you to design a human being, to depict such a drawing for me on paper without any sources available, could you draw it? You'd probably spend your entire life drawing every detail.

intelligence? not really. Hormones and thrusting are really all that are crucial for this particular function. And no, you're right. I'm not a molecular geneticist so I really don't fully grasp the complex chemistry of creating a human being but I do grasp the basics of it. Again, you keep arguing that because of who we ARE that by default we must be designed, that's an illogical fallacy that bares no evidence. It's your belief and you have faith that you are correct. And yes, since it took roughly 4 billion years for nature to get to the point we are currently at, it would likely take me several lifetimes to accurately depict it without any source material, if I were to be able to do so at all. That doesn't mean a higher power created us let alone designed us. It proves that this is not an area in which I'm fully proficient.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
So we can mindlessly copulate and this is all that's required for a marvelous creation to take place? I don't think a creation can take place without a design, and I don't think our DNA is without the genetic information to design such a complex organism. I'm sure even geneticists don't fully understand the design structure of our organisms. Why do we need to study the design?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So we can mindlessly copulate and this is all that's required for a marvelous creation to take place? I don't think a creation can take place without a design, and I don't think our DNA is without the genetic information to design such a complex organism. I'm sure even geneticists don't fully understand the design structure of our organisms. Why do we need to study the design?

"I don't think" doesn't mean much in scientific terms. We care about evidence. If you can prove it's possible or impossible, then that's what we're looking for.
edit on 8-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

OP is just trolling. He isn't here to discuss things. Just wants to shove his belief down other peoples throats. He counters everythings that people try to explain to him with "I don't think...".

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Okay, I don't think, I know a creation is impossible without a design.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm not trolling. I'm merely trying to understand things from a different viewpoint. If something doesn't seem logical to me, I question it.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

and knowledge being power, what evidence do you have to support said knowledge? something that's not a youtube video or bible quote would be awesome!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You admit that you don't understand genetics and then try to tell those who are explaining it to you that "you know" better than them.

You actions on this thread fit the definition of trolling.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Self-knowledge is definitely power.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
No, I never admitted to NOT understanding genetics. I said I don't understand it that well and that's why ask questions. Am I not allowed to question your point of view? If our views are opposed I would like to understand yours, or do you prefer I pretend to know? I am here to learn, I don't know everything.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Should have never come back to this thread.

I cited something you posted on a previous page from memory so, I may have got the wording wrong but that doesn't change the way you are interacting with the other members.

The simple answer is that you will not find the answer you are looking for. Science doesn't have it for you yet and all you have is "what you think" which, obviously has left you still asking questions.

edit on 8-9-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Self-knowledge is definitely power.

then what would you call making extraordinary statements without anything to back them up? aside from a Televangelist that is.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by peter vlar

OP is just trolling. He isn't here to discuss things. Just wants to shove his belief down other peoples throats. He counters everythings that people try to explain to him with "I don't think...".

Oh I know... sometimes I just can't help myself though.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ServantOfTheLamb
Most people who attend church don't actually study the text themselves, which I think we all agree is dangerous. For example you say there are contradictory statements in the Bible? I do not agree. I believe there are statements that might appear at first glance to be contradictory, but they are all normally verses pulled out of context.

Judging by how this thread has progressed its nowhere near as dangerous as studying the bible on your own with youtube as your guide.
As for contradictory verses I thought we covered this. Many, many conversations over the course of several years talking from everyone from the nuns at school to my Diocese Bishop and even the pros can't deny the issues with translation and multiple authors...Heck, the 4 Gospels disagree on many key points and those are your alleged "eye witness accounts". the book is mumbo jumbo. Especially if you're using the KJV. I have more faith in the drive thru menu at KFC than I do Constantine's bastardized worship cult.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
So much for trolling. If you respected peoples beliefs. You wouldn't call the bible "mumbo jumbo".

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

well, if we are living in a holographically produced and inspired environment, then your "perception" of these things is KEY. If God exists, I want to know his/her stance on the NK prison camps, or women used and sold in white slavery as sex slaves, or where he/she was during Rwanda.....and many other places and times, some very personal to me, I won't go into here, for we all have had our moments of pain, or even spent entire lives living through said pain.....

So, if G-D is real, I am not convinced by that fact for the questions in your OP, for purely technologically speaking, we have the ability, right now, to "fool" your perceptions into thinking all those things you cited exist, when they really may, perhaps, not........at least here, where we are.

I prefer to think we are isolated from the creator spirit; otherwise, I can find no defense herein of him/her, allowing for what I see and experience daily....and see and read of others' and their pain...Frankly, after a while, you begin to wonder, test, trial, or otherwise, what the point is here, other than pure pain and torture, and the devil being G-D here and owning the earth and getting off on what happens daily, as a result.....
Tetra50

Obviously, I have lost faith....but if you can help me find my way back to it, please do, for i miss it so very much....faith..
edit on 9-9-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

So much for trolling. If you respected peoples beliefs. You wouldn't call the bible "mumbo jumbo".

I'm simply expressing my opinion. It's no different than claiming scientists perpetrate hoaxes or that evolution is wrong. That's your opinion, no? I'm pretty sure 'mumbo jumbo' is pretty benign in the grand scheme of things.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join