It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does exist.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

What is the positive and negative principle that created god?

Expansion and contraction. Rotation and counter rotation. Motion and cessation. The basic operations which enable all of physical reality to function, and thus fuel every other reality as well. This isn't spirituality, this is basic science. Without motion, there is no progress. Without chaos, there is no order. Destruction makes room for construction, the weak must fall for the strong to rise. The old and decrepit must be eliminated for the young and virile to function effectively. Isn't that the rule of survival? The longer you live, the more you must destroy. The more you destroy, the more you are open to creating. The more you create, the more you will have to destroy. And the more you have to destroy, the more you stand to lose. The more you stand to lose, the more you must protect. And the more you must protect, the more you must create. And the more you create, the longer you live. And the longer you live, the more you must destroy...

It's a long and complicated tree, but it all falls under the same theme: eat or be eaten. You want to know the positive and negative principles? Black and white. Yin and yang. The two halves of the endless circle. They feed into one another, and without one, the other would cease to function. This is what people have yet to understand. How death feeds life and life feeds death. How chaos and order, though opposites, are absolutely essential to each other.

To me, it is not a god or a higher power or anything of that nature. It is a perspective which reflects all other perspectives. It is a truth which lends credence to all other truths. It is an emotion which engenders all other emotions. It is the prism which divides a ray of absolute knowledge to form the dozens of windows by which one may attain a subjective awareness of that absolutivity.

As an atheist, this is why I appreciate it. I appreciate this ideaform not for what it is by itself...but for how it defines everything around it. Just as you appreciate the light not for its color or its heat, but because it illuminates your environment. So the light is defined not by its own nature, but how it relates to others. Without the rest of the world, it has no meaning because you can never truly appreciate its function. And without that light, you never truly appreciate the world because you never really see it.

It's a compound miracle. And it frustrates me to see people exalting the Judaic or Abrahamic or Islamic gods as the ultimate truths (with only one truth amongst a pack of lies depending on which person you ask) because each and every one of those gods represents ONE SIDE. ONE ASPECT. ONE HALF OF THE CIRCLE. Just one end of the ideal spectrum. And that just doesn't work. You need the whole spectrum, just like a clock needs the whole range of swing for its pendulum. Imagine if a clock's pendulum swung all the way to one side...and stopped there, never to move again. Or swung down to the exact middle and instantly bounced straight back to that one side, never touching the other. How effectively would the clock operate? Would it tell time? Would its gears turn as they're supposed to, marking the passage of time as determined by the pendulum? Oh wait, the pendulum is cutting corners again. Looks like we're going to be skipping seconds for a while, which adds up to hours and days...eventually, entire years are missing from that clock. I wonder how the clock handles that? Or the people reading the clock? Imagine if our biology reflected that lopsided time-keeping device. Imagine if our circadian rhythm regularly skipped a beat or two. There might be a few hiccups in our biology, yeah?

Nassim Haramein, whose name you might recognize, figured out the Kabbalistic code by taking the Tetragrammaton, replicating it in recognition of the dual nature of the universe, and superimposing it. Had he adhered to the singular perspective that so many are obsessed with, he would have continued to toss that triangle around and never realized the solution. Male and female, black and white. The Tetragrammaton equates mathematically to 72...which, when doubled, equals 144. For the Enoch fans amongst you, is this not enough proof of duality?

Yahuwah, Jehovah, YHWH, Allah, whatever name you call him...is a singular entity. One half of the puzzle. Have you found God? Good, you're still only halfway there. In fact, make that a quarter of the way there because you haven't even figured out exactly who or what God is yet. Start by looking in the mirror. Start by wondering what you can do to change your life for the better. Then, the world. All of the math, all of the metaphors, all of the stories are just layers upon layers of cryptic wake-up calls telling you to be the miracle unto yourself. Then all of us miracles need to get together, hold hands, and be one great mass miracle for the sake of the world.

Just think about it. Really think about it.

edit on 9-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

Well, other than the fact that childbirth was the leading cause of death among women for 1000's of years, I prefer a diet of solid food and being ambulatory, thank you.

I can revisit my childhood by going to Disney Land, but believing in Micky Mouse is something I'm happy to have outgrown.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

BlackSunApocalypse
When I mean little children, I mean new born babes- meaning, we should be completely harmless, yes, children aren't harmless because their minds become corrupted, but before such external stimuli had corrupted them, they were harmless. Look at your new born babe for example, hold him/her in your arms and tell me they aren't harmless.
edit on 9-9-2013 by BlackSunApocalypse because: (no reason given)

They are, absolutely, and this is what is so important, here, IMHO...for they need another to defend and protect.

And I see you are a proponent of duality, citing positive and negative aspects.

i'm sorry, don't mean to take you to task: but I find that is the nature of the "box" we've been encompassed by, this duality. Surely, there is far more to it than that....
Respectfully,
Tetra

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Trust me bro, you are preaching to the choir on this one. I've had my share of psychotropic experiences

I am just trying to show people that what they are calling god (as some separate entity) is a big misconception and that life is just a natural circumstance. Existence is all there is, all there ever was, and all there ever will be. And although it isn't always in the same form, it is always there, because it is all there can possibly be.
edit on 9-9-13 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
He does. Seek the answers within you and the evidence around you in all surrounding. Seek Truth!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Trust me bro, you are preaching to the choir on this one. I've had my share of psychotropic experiences

Psychotropic? My post had nothing to do with any psychotropic experiences I may or may not have had. It was an effort to share a huge and intense observation I had a while ago but have difficulty explaining through such a clumsy medium as visual characters arranged according to a prescribed pattern. Like translating music into binary. Looking at the code, the series of 1's and 0's, you just can't grasp the majesty of Beethoven's fifth without actually hearing it.

And no, that explanation has no psychotropic origins either.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Haha if you say so

I guess that is just how my realization came about
edit on 9-9-13 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

I will admit nothing.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

BlackSunApocalypse
Faith is something very hard to attain, firstly, in order to have faith you need an astral body- with your astral body you can penetrate the fourth dimension. When Jesus walked on water, he penetrated the fourth dimension. All that was really a display of faith. When Jesus asked Peter to do the same thing, he couldn't- and Jesus said "Oh you are of little faith". Legitimate Christians are those who have genuine faith. The Christians of today who claim to have faith or even be Christians are not Christians at all. Legitimate Christians are those who can perform extraordinary feats- a perfect example of people with true faith are the howling dervishes who penetrate themselves with knives, walk on fire without getting scorched etc. So really, that's what faith is, people mistake faith for belief. It's not the same thing.
edit on 9-9-2013 by BlackSunApocalypse because: (no reason given)

Please show me where in the Christian bible it mentions astral forms or the 4th dimension at all let alone in the context you claim. That's pretty out there and I invite the Jehovah's Witnesses in when they stop over so I've been exposed to some pretty bizarre versions of biblical interpretation.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well I asked God if he existed and he distinctly said, "no."

Twice, actually... and Great Aunt Julia will back me up.

Now what... ?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I read the first couple pages of this thread.. To the OP, are you seriously that ignorant? If you want to believe in god, no one is stopping you. I actually encourage you, if it makes you a happier person. But holy christ man, You are asking some pretty plain out stupid questions, receiving logical answers from other users, and arguing back with things that make literally NO SENSE. Are you a troll? If not, you're doing a pretty good job at it..

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Baddogma

Well I asked God if he existed and he distinctly said, "no."

Twice, actually... and Great Aunt Julia will back me up.

Now what... ?

You so cracked me up with that...thank you so much for that laugh....I need it tonight, especially...
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

A space that is absolutely empty is also absolute neutral. A space that is absolute empty and absolute neutral; must create, because nothing random would ever take place in such a space.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

A space that is absolutely empty is also absolute neutral. A space that is absolute empty and absolute neutral; must create, because nothing random would ever take place in such a space.

Can we stick to actual science here? We'll be running in circles all day and night for the rest of the week if we stray into metaphysical territory because it'll digress to semantics and philosophy before we suddenly realize that we haven't solved a single important scientific quandary relating to the existence of a deity.

In short, let's not go there because there's no point to going there. Science does not exist where you are going. Speculation does.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by spy66

In short, let's not go there because there's no point to going there. Science does not exist where you are going. Speculation does.

Exactly. Science dosent cover that aspect of time. Then how can science be used as a argument against creationism?

Science dont even cover that aspect.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

spy66
Exactly. Science dosent cover that aspect of time. Then how can science be used as a argument against creationism?

But the OP asks about things that science does cover only to later move the goal post.

It was a dud from the start.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

And despite my very reasonable explanation for wanting to avoid that tangent of discussion, you decide that's exactly where you want to go. And I think I know why, too...because it's much easier to argue the existence of an entity when science isn't an obstacle.

Kinda goes right along with that saying - what was it again? "It makes sense if you don't think about it."

Which means it isn't scientifically valid. Are you attempting to prove the existence of a deity by rejecting the necessary use of scientific investigation? Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

daskakik

spy66

But the OP asks about things that science does cover only to later move the goal post.

It was a dud from the start.

Creationists keep thinking they've gotten better at mental fencing, when really they've just gotten better at outwitting themselves. Which isn't really saying much. I wish they'd come up with some really juicy stuff to throw at us - I'd love a legitimate challenge. Something to make me really think. I would rather have no idea than the wrong idea.
edit on 10-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

BlackSunApocalypse
I would like anyone to try answering these questions.... Where does the wind come from? Who put the wind in motion? Who put the seasons in motion? Who put the planets in motion? Who created the water? Can scientist create water? Who gave humans eyes to see? Where does wisdom reside? Where does knowledge come from?

ETA: These questions are being used as an incentive to find answers, and in the process create more questions that could strengthen our desire to understand more instead of just looking at things on the surface
edit on 5/9/13 by JAK because: Clarifying ETA upon member request

Okay time to school you I guess.

Where does the wind come from?
There is a hampster in a fith dimension on a wheel, a leprechaun is riding him. He gives the command to the unicorn princess to heave ho on some paint chips then does a backward upside down donky fart. Boom you got wind baby! What put it in motion? Duh...the ninja chuck norris zombies from the second dimension.

Who put the seasons in motion?

This should be obvious, dont you have your handbook for the recently deceased? Okay, so odin came down one day and queefed, long story short, that created the summer.

Then satan was all like "WTF bro! I came here for the ladies and the drinks, its too damn hot here! Slow this mother fer down dude."

So satan scratched his head and poof you have winter.

Then Jesus was like " Duuuuuudddddddeee, Im way to on high right now to deal with such extreems, you are harshing my mellow, I want it to be nicer I need a new crop dude." Blam you get spring.

Do you wanna know why it rains? Its because God is crying and its something you did

Next question,

Who put the planets in motion?

Well, captain Lone Starr was drunk one night and started to wreck into all the planets, barf got pissed and and dumped in his shoes long story short, thats why!

Who created the water?

Okay, you put a donkyfart on hold, you grab one part leprechaun nutts, two parts crotch cheese, and one part unicorn turd. You squeeze that in your hands pray really hard and FLOP you get water, dang man do I HAVE TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO YOU????!!!!! Pick up your interdimentionalunicornpuffthemajicdragontootingchittychittybangbang transfunctioner!

All the other questions refer to science!
edit on 10-9-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Are you attempting to prove the existence of a deity by rejecting the necessary use of scientific investigation? Good luck with that.

Well if we cant use science. It should be quite clear that it cant be used to clear anything up. It can not be used as argument against creationism.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join