It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does exist.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

no, the DNA created YOU, not the other way around. the only intelligence behind it is your parents and their combined sequence coming together to create your random genetic code.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If there are gaps in the knowledge that science has accumulated they are filled with "god did it".

So you can't claim with certainty that

Isn't it true that the instructions were put into our genes by a superior intelligence?

Your just filling in that gap.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSunApocalypse
If DNA contains the information required to perpetuate the creations we've become through our first period of gestation. Isn't it true that the instructions were put into our genes by a superior intelligence? Or did you create your own DNA?
edit on 8-9-2013 by BlackSunApocalypse because: (no reason given)

Molecules behave according to their inherent chemical properties. It isn't necessary to interpret DNA as a code with instructions. Genetic information could be just as easily be interpreted as poetry. The information on a DNA molecule is based on its structure. The information is the gene. The gene is the structure. Therefore, there is no need for magic man instructions or principles to account for installation.

Show some evidence that any instructions or code exists. Show us something in the nature of DNA that can not be explained by chemistry.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I see. Parents aren't absolutely clued up about DNA though. From a long line of DNA, when do you suppose the first human/beings appeared on earth?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't have such a good understanding of genetics, but what I suppose is that all our inherited characteristics are found in our genes (okay, this is what I read up), so, if one looks at the first human being for example, where did his/her characteristics come from?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Where you're going with this is basically "how did the first single cell organism originate," correct? Research "abiogenesis" and the evidence supporting it.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I don't have such a good understanding of genetics, but what I suppose is that all our inherited characteristics are found in our genes (okay, this is what I read up), so, if one looks at the first human being for example, where did his/her characteristics come from?

it doesn't quite work that way. its not like to H. Erectus parents had a baby mutant that was magically a Cro-Magnon. the genes have been building splicing and adding since our line diverged from the common ancestor we share with the other apes, and prior to that its the addition of millions of years and 100's of millions of generations of successive mammals. Believe it or not, every living creature is part of a transitional species. with each generation, the combination of genetic variables and environmental stimuli add up and change the code over time. there will not be a half and half/transitional fossil or skeleton found in the sense that most people think of. Things that some people decry as hoaxes or false science are to the people studying them, the transitional species. Lucy for example has many features we would find on a modern chimpanzee or bonobo. She also has features that are not found in modern humans but are found only in archaic apes. Lucy is actually one of the better examples of transition from quadrapedal locomotion to bipedalism.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

If there are gaps in the knowledge that science has accumulated they are filled with "god did it".

Hence the phrase, "God of the Gaps". Not really a valid theory, just something to string it along until a proper answer can be found.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Sounds complex. Thanks for the explanation. What I'm eager to know is our origin though, or the origin of the first species (if indeed we have a common ancestor. What is the first species that had life on earth? Certainly, if all the information required to perpetuate evolution is found in our DNA, there must have been an Intelligent Design within our genes?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Maybe you can answer the questions for us but tell us how god did it

Same way he made life.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Scientific hypotheses about the origins of life may be divided into a number of categories. Many approaches investigate how self-replicating molecules or their components came into existence. For example, the Miller–Urey experiment and similar experiments demonstrated that most amino acids, often called "the building blocks of life", can be racemically synthesized in conditions thought to be similar to those of the early Earth. Several mechanisms have been investigated, including lightning and radiation. Other approaches ("metabolism first" hypotheses) focus on understanding how catalysis in chemical systems in the early Earth might have provided the precursor molecules necessary for self-replication--------rolls eyes---- That has to be the biggest joke of an explanation on the origin of life.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Why must there be an intelligent design behind our genes? I'm genuinely curious as to why that's your stance. it would help me to answer your questions more succinctly.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
in·tel·li·gent - /inˈtelijənt/
Adjective:
1. Having or showing intelligence, esp. of a high level
2. (of a device, machine, or building) Able to vary its state or action in response to varying situations, varying requirements, and past--- Does our DNA not contain a high degree of intelligence, and design?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I wasn't looking for a definition of intelligent, I was asking why YOU believed it had to be so.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
We are human beings with intelligence, are we not?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

We are human beings with intelligence, are we not?

I think in some cases that might be an over generalization but for the most part, sure. But again why do YOU believe that DNA requires an intelligent designer? humans being intelligent doesn't answer that query. there are plenty of other animals across the globe that are also very intelligent.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yes, there are other creatures with intelligence, what I am saying though, is that our DNA contains the information for intelligent design, our bodies were designed very intelligently within our mothers wombs, don't you agree?
edit on 8-9-2013 by BlackSunApocalypse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Scientific hypotheses about the origins of life may be divided into a number of categories. Many approaches investigate how self-replicating molecules or their components came into existence. For example, the Miller–Urey experiment and similar experiments demonstrated that most amino acids, often called "the building blocks of life", can be racemically synthesized in conditions thought to be similar to those of the early Earth. Several mechanisms have been investigated, including lightning and radiation. Other approaches ("metabolism first" hypotheses) focus on understanding how catalysis in chemical systems in the early Earth might have provided the precursor molecules necessary for self-replication--------rolls eyes---- That has to be the biggest joke of an explanation on the origin of life.

You may want to do some thinking and investigating about the actual methods scientists employ to establish confidence in what they know, if you think searching for knowledge and running experiments is a joke.

The initial Miller Urey experiment and much of this work attempts to work out and reproduce reasonable conditions on Earth before life began. It is physics and chemistry, the point of the experiment was never to create life.
What this experiment shows is one way that complex molecules can arise from simple molecules in abiotic environments similar to those of the early Earth.
All it proves is that these processes can happen, not that it was the way that they did happen.

Of course a lot has happened since then, new experiments have been performed, and new data published.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

no, I don't agree. the genetic mix took place before implantation in the womb.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What happens when the genetic mix takes place?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join