It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does exist.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Well if we cant use science. It should be quite clear that it cant be used to clear anything up. It can not be used as argument against creationism.

If creationism cannot be corroborated through science, as you have claimed previously, then clearly it is scientifically impossible. Which just flat-out means impossible. That's a little thing I like to call 'shooting yourself in the foot'. Would you care to revise your claims and maybe salvage your argument?
edit on 10-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

BlackSunApocalypse
If there is no evidence for a creation, it would mean nobody can CREATE anything. If you for example built a plane, is it not evidence of creation?

You are twisting the definition being used for creation in this thread. Building a plane and talking about creationism vs evolution are two completely unrelated concepts.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

BlackSunApocalypse
in·tel·li·gent - /inˈtelijənt/
Adjective:
1. Having or showing intelligence, esp. of a high level
2. (of a device, machine, or building) Able to vary its state or action in response to varying situations, varying requirements, and past--- Does our DNA not contain a high degree of intelligence, and design?

No DNA does not change itself in reaction to varying situations. Addition or removal of genes from the gene pool occur generation to generation but the DNA molecule within an organism does itself not change as in response to stimuli.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

BlackSunApocalypse
Your explanation doesn't sound very convincing. A simple explanation on the origin of life on earth would be accepted. It's either life emerged on earth or always existed on earth. I don't believe any amount of geological investigation can even prove how long the earth has been here.
edit on 8-9-2013 by BlackSunApocalypse because: (no reason given)

This is incorrect, geology provides a rather accurate date range for the formation of the Earth.That data has been corroborated with by samples taken from space debris that was left over from the formation of the solar system (IE space rocks). Can we get an exact date down to the day, month and time, no. I believe the oldest zircon crystal dates to either 3.8-4.2 billions of years old (might be the oldest known rock is metamorphic in the 3.8 range and the zircon crystal, a type of crystal that forms in igneous quartz, dated to around 4.2 range. been a while since I covered it); however, with the massive amount of heat that was moving the early continental crustal type of material, little of the material remains and what does remain is metamorhpic (rock that has been changed to a new type of rock through heat and pressure. It should also be noted that dating of metamorphic rock can only be taken to the date the rock was metamorphosed from even older existing rock if it is volcanic or igneous).

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

BlackSunApocalypse
I would like anyone to try answering these questions.... Where does the wind come from? Who put the wind in motion? Who put the seasons in motion? Who put the planets in motion? Who created the water? Can scientist create water? Who gave humans eyes to see? Where does wisdom reside? Where does knowledge come from?

Here's a real question. Why did any of those things need to be given or provided to us? Why couldn't they just be natural phenomena? Why does it have to be a who? There's your first problem.

The second of course, is that all of the above can be explained naturally, no need for a magic creator.

If you want to believe it was a god, that's cool, but you shouldn't need to justify your faith by asking questions that can answered via google search. You aren't going to convince anybody that way.
edit on 10-9-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Here's a real question. Why did any of those things need to be given or provided to us? Why couldn't they just be natural phenomena? Why does it have to be a who? There's your first problem.

It's interesting to note that in Exodus they follow God who was a "pillar of fire", and the whole of Mt Sinai shakes and quakes. Of course, anyone born a slave in those days and who has not seen an erupting volcano before may believe it was a god.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

spy66

AfterInfinity
reply to post by spy66

A space that is absolutely empty is also absolute neutral. A space that is absolute empty and absolute neutral; must create, because nothing random would ever take place in such a space.

In short, let's not go there because there's no point to going there. Science does not exist where you are going. Speculation does.

Exactly. Science dosent cover that aspect of time. Then how can science be used as a argument against creationism?

Science dont even cover that aspect.

You talk as if creationist are actually trying to do science.

In order for creationist to present intelligent design as science, they need to be able to construct their hypothesis in such a way that it can be tested and falsified. They have failed in this manner being hypothesis-free, even worse their actions and the Wedge Document clearly show, the IDists agenda is not scientific, but rather political and social.

ID and creation science have become the exact same kind of beast, practicing the exact same kinds of deceptions.

In the end the truth does not matter, intellectual honesty does not matter, their agenda is all that matters.

edit on 11-9-2013 by flyingfish because: link added

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If there isn't a God as in an omnipotent creator there wouldn't be so much heated argument everytime the subject is raised. Think it through. Open your eyes. Balance your being. Take a deep breath or two.
Or close your mind and your eyes, be a sheep, hold your breath until you turn blue.Take an asprin.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Shema

If there isn't a God as in an omnipotent creator there wouldn't be so much heated argument everytime the subject is raised.

If there wasn't a God, I'd be happy not to discuss it.

Unofruntately there is a rather large group of people who think that their god and his apparent "scripture" should be the alpha and the omega of all law, pratice, politics, and morality.

That's why it turns into a heated argument. Certain groups of Christians -- certainly not all of them -- act as if it's the truth and everyone has to obey it. It is an attack against diversity.

Think it through. Open your eyes. Balance your being. Take a deep breath or two.
Or close your mind and your eyes, be a sheep, hold your breath until you turn blue.Take an asprin.

be a sheep

I'm not sure there's a worse site on the internet for you to tell people that.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

TheSubversiveOne
reply to post by Barcs

It's interesting to note that in Exodus they follow God who was a "pillar of fire", and the whole of Mt Sinai shakes and quakes. Of course, anyone born a slave in those days and who has not seen an erupting volcano before may believe it was a god.

Another interesting note on the story of Exodus is that it likely never happened. The Bible claims that 600,000 families crossed the entire Sinai after their exit from Egypt. Now, out of those 600,000 families, we haven't found a single atrifact that would even remotely suggest that this happened.

There is also no historicial evidence of Jews ever being slaves in Egypt at all. You would think that Egyptians would record losing what would have been nearly a quarter of their population at the time.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well I am going to use the argument I see from non-believers all the time. Give Science more time to do its thing, and we will find evidence of Exodus.
edit on 12-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Well I am going to use the argument I see from non-believers all the time. Give Science more time to do its thing, and we will find evidence of Exodus.

If we do, I'm not going to argue. I'm just going to insist that we make damn sure.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

And by "we" you mean scientists because the average members of the church are not out there looking.

Seems like you almost shot your foot off.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

And by "we" you mean scientists because the average members of the church are not out there looking.

Seems like you almost shot your foot off.

Plausible deniability. If you didn't see the total absence of supporting evidence with your own eyes, you can convince yourself the evidence is still there.

edit on 12-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

flyingfish

You talk as if creationist are actually trying to do science.

Of course.. There is no conflict between the two at all.. Watch and learn -

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Then where did God come from? What came before God? How did that come into being? There's a lot of questions no one is willing to answer even as they ridicule evolution for not having all the answers. Come on now, no double standards!
edit on 16-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Uh you did pick up on the fact that I was just being sarcastic, right? That vid is just a bit of light hearted fun, and if you watch it all the way through it makes it's point quite clear..

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

uk.search.yahoo.com...

The above says it all for me.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

KaelemJames
God does exist.

We are to blame for this, because we cave when the deceiver tempts. We follow and trust in our knowledge of flesh. We find it foolish to search in spirit, and don't want to receive spiritual knowledge, 'cause it is a "fairytale". God gave us THE way out, yet, we still fall for temptation. Oh, the desires of the flesh.

He created all and it was good. Lucifer turned and deceived/deceives man. God gave Himself in flesh, died and was risen in Spirit (*TIP) and yet we still follow the flesh.

It is what's inside that counts.

Someone cared so much to create universe and those things called human (in his image) and made first one fail by eating from tree of knowledge blaming all following humans for his failure, but returned later with set of instructions how to live to fix those sins... but than changed his minds and came back not far away from first place givin' some different instructions and couple more times like that... Some even got golden plates with instructions...

...makes sense.... NOT!

this does not makes sense even for bad game... not to mention fictional book...

edit on 17-9-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ReturnoftheSonofNothing

Uh you did pick up on the fact that I was just being sarcastic, right?

As was I. Numerous threads have attempted to ridicule non-theistic theories while consistently failing to answer the questions I raised, which leaves their positions just as unweildy as they claim ours to be. I was poking at this fact.

edit on 18-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join