It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Playing Poker (During Hearing on Syria)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
I started a thread but didn't see this one. There is an update to this in which "McCain" replies to the inquires.....check it out!

ATS Thread Update

Thanks for the update.

From your other thread I see that in his Twitter post he was trying to emphasize that the "3+ hours" debate was just tooo rigorous and time consuming for him to keep focus.

What an ass. Serious.

He was better off not replying.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

Yep not trying to compete with threads. Just saw an update and posted. (ATS your search sucks....really it does)....

The fact that he replied removes all doubt but I am sure, as he already has tried, will spin it in favor of bombing another country.

"If we would have bombed Syria, I would have been focused on important things like naming Post Offices, not poker" --- Future Tweet of Senator McCain.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Yep not trying to compete with threads. Just saw an update and posted. (ATS your search sucks....really it does)....

The fact that he replied removes all doubt but I am sure, as he already has tried, will spin it in favor of bombing another country.

"If we would have bombed Syria, I would have been focused on important things like naming Post Offices, not poker" --- Future Tweet of Senator McCain.

No worries. I was hoping that he'd reply to the ordeal, and as I imagined, dig himself deeper.
What a tool.

And kudos on the future quote!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
McCain has consistantly reminded me of why I will never vote for someone who acts and thinks the way he does ever again. I voted for him because he was the closest logical choice next to Obama-But I have known for the past few years that he is just a war mongering ahole who can give a damn about the people.

Hes not a true military man- a true military man has honor and conviction.

I had a BCD from the Marine Corps- but I would have never put people in harms way unnecessarily like he does, I never would have stooped to the level of running around the globe waging war.

I take back what I have said about him in the past- he is no hero- and he is no better than Obama.

Part of me wishes now that he would have never escaped from his prison camp- He obviously didnt learn anything from it.

Give up poker and politics McCain- cause you suck at both.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If he already knows how he is going to vote, than he might as well be playing poker. Maybe he is practicing on his bluffing technique, something congressmen have to keep trying to improve.
edit on 3-9-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
I do not understand why people chose to become an elected official and during important meetings slack off and play games. Don't get me wrong there is hours and hours of work. However, you should take your job more serious.

I can't even pull out my phone while I am at work unless it is my break time. I will be written up and sent home without pay.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

(Photo by Melina Mara/The Washington Post)

Update 6:38 p.m.: After the photo made the rounds on Twitter, McCain tweeted the following in response:

Scandal! Caught playing iPhone game at 3+ hour Senate hearing – worst of all I lost!

— John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) September 3, 2013

Nuttier than Obama playing spades during the Bin Laden raid !!

I wonder how the photographer got tipped off ?

I bet the NSA sent her an emergency email.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I commend McCain, he's awesome.

He knows crap'is already decided, so chill and enjoy your time and make a point that the decision is already made there is nothing else to do but get that high score.

Love McCain only wish he would have won.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito

He knows crap'is already decided, so chill and enjoy your time and make a point that the decision is already made there is nothing else to do but get that high score.

I refuse to just sit back. Are the senators, in this case Senator McCain, even consulting their State they supposedly represent? Does the State of Arizona want to go to war?

I admire your trollness, I do. You make valid points, but it is defeatist

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Why shouldn't he play while Rome burns? McCain has never seen a war that he didn't like. His mind was made up at the first mention of it.
edit on 9/4/2013 by AntiNWO because: blah blah, you know.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito

Because of this man, we have Obama!

He is such a war-mongering, crouchity old man, many of us felt we had no choice but to vote for the new guy (once).

When I see this man speak, I see a man that cares not of anyone or anything, but war and more war. He is now infamous for his consistency.

Just think if we'd only just assisted other UN. countries in rescuing flailing countries, like Australia or france does, we wouldn't be so hated around the world, and we would not have created this quagmire in the M.E.

But then we wouldn't be who we are.....world police. (not that anyone appointed us) What is the U.N. for these days anyways?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Imagine the day politicians are treated the same way as the "normal" working citizen, following rules, showing respect, receiving disciplinary action when appropriate and so on.

It would be a paradise.

Power is a hunger and vice that no one should hold more than another.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's ridiculous. Though I'm somewhat amused him and Obama are BFF's out of nowhere.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceAdam
It's ridiculous. Though I'm somewhat amused him and Obama are BFF's out of nowhere.

They kinda remind me of these rather infamous pals . . . in more ways than one!

edit on 4-9-2013 by GoalPoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Was he playing poker the whole 3.5 hours?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Playing poker??? ... or devising the "new" marketing plan for Syria?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

These guys already know what they are going to do, they are all aligned and nobody is going to stand up and ask a tough question.

There is no reason for McCain or any of them to even be there - it is just theater for the people - to pretend that they actually talk about these things in these kind of forums. They don't - they make secret decisions in secret rooms - this is all just theater.

Better if they were all thrown naked into the street stripped of all property.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The Senate Foreign Relations Committee - Mr. McCain what is your stance on our impending invasion of syria?
John (Big Slick) McCain- Im All In......oh ummm

edit on 4-9-2013 by CPGAMBLA because: Mispelled our lol

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
Actually, I don't. When I'm under a lot of stress, I find myself looking for distractions. I'm sure that's all it is. Like the President and VP playing Golf the other day after the President's announcement. Just trying to de-stress a little.

Clearly they are all taking this matter very seriously..

Maybe he should be watching and listening to the hearing instead of looking for a distraction. Oh, that's right, this is all a show for the public. All he is showing is that the hearings are a farce and no one is listening because they made up their minds already. THIS IS HIS JOB.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Yes,,looks like he is quite relaxed.Probably all doped up on some heavy pain pills so as to not have to worry about what is about to happen to this poor planet. Seems I remember a report about the military forcing our troops to take percocet so as to not freak out when they killed someone and their brain matter splashed back on them. O M G

top topics

<< 1   >>

join