It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Playing Poker (During Hearing on Syria)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wow.

Here is America's finest obviously taking the question of whether to send troops to Syria very serious..

What a moron.

McCain Playing Poker during Syria hearing

Anyone else find this despicable??
edit on 3-9-2013 by defuntion because: having trouble spelling. I guess because I am too disgusted...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Actually, I don't. When I'm under a lot of stress, I find myself looking for distractions. I'm sure that's all it is. Like the President and VP playing Golf the other day after the President's announcement. Just trying to de-stress a little.

Clearly they are all taking this matter very seriously..

link   
I do not understand why people chose to become an elected official and during important meetings slack off and play games. Don't get me wrong there is hours and hours of work. However, you should take your job more serious.

link   
reply to post by defuntion

Is this some kind of sick metaphor??

What is next?
Is obama going to break out a game of Battleship?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
Actually, I don't. When I'm under a lot of stress, I find myself looking for distractions. I'm sure that's all it is. Like the President and VP playing Golf the other day after the President's announcement. Just trying to de-stress a little.

I could maybe buy into this if they were talking health care...., but don't you think this is serious enough to demand his full attention?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion

Is this some kind of sick metaphor??

What is next?
Is obama going to break out a game of Battleship?

just be glad he wasn't playing modern warfare..... the media would destroy him as he mercilessly takes out hadji's from his sniper nest lol

on a serious note.... don't these kind of things go on for hours? who among us wouldn't play a few hands of hold'em to pass the time while we wait on a decision that could effect the lives of potentially millions of people...

edit on 3-9-2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
More evidence that our politicians take nothing seriously. I've lost respect for McCain.

Obama golfs and plays cards when he should be in the OO taking care of business.

WTH is wrong these people? Maybe they'd work harder if they were paid less. That's generally how it works.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
How many of you that have jobs are allowed to play online poker while you're on the clock?

Not many, I reckon. Yet, here we have a public servant doing so as he recklessly lobbies to send young men and women into war without a care for their lives or the well being of our country's health.

And yet, people are in here making excuses for this piece of trash. I'm embarrassed to be an American sometimes.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Isn't this whole thing just a game for them anyway?

If normal people got caught playing poker while they were working, they'd get into trouble for it, possibly even fired. But as with everything, the rules do not apply to those at the top.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
And yet, people are in here making excuses for this piece of trash. I'm embarrassed to be an American sometimes.

Right?

Time to vote them all out. Republicans and Democrats alike... All of them.

I believe the country is in the poor state of affairs that it is solely because of career politians like this twit.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
He is doing much better then.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It is nearly all scripted. John McCain already knew what would be said by all. Nothing to see here.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If I was playing games on my phone during such an important meeting at work I'd be sacked.
He was the presidential nominee at one point.. and he's playing phone games?

that should be instant dismissal for a man charged with protecting your country!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Of course he wasn’t paying attention.

He made up his mind about Syria and the ME long ago. He’s just going through the motions now.

McCain is a shill...like the rest of them! I noticed Boehner (BONER) came out today shilling for the war propaganda today, too. It's painfully obvious that there is no evidence Assad is guilty or there would have been video, audio or pictures directly linking the Assad regime. Has anyone seen that evidence???

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It makes me sick. He doesn't care about the men and women he is sending into combat. He cares about his pocket's being lined by his defense contract buddies. There must be new toys to test, new cyber-warfare toys to be more specific to test.

That is the only reason I can see this moving forward. In Iraq/Afghanistan, we evolved the "drone", this war -- we evolve our cybersex----er, cyber-warfare suites and packages (pun wholly intended).

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

At this point I agree with you.

I admit, McCain's military service really persuaded me to believe in the guy. I've since realized the error in my (his) ways. He's a straight TOOL!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I would expect him to at least pretend to care about the discussion.

But

Maybe he was playing against Assad in a winner take all game for Syria.
edit on 9/3/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

McCain is one Unstable Person pandering to Obama's War Cries and who happens to Believe he himself is Commamder In Chief of the Mightest Military on Earth . If that dosen't Scare the beegeezes out of every Sane American , then I guess this Country is LOST........

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I started a thread but didn't see this one. There is an update to this in which "McCain" replies to the inquires.....check it out!

ATS Thread Update

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
McCain is a shill...like the rest of them! I noticed Boehner (BONER) came out today shilling for the war propaganda today, too. It's painfully obvious that there is no evidence Assad is guilty or there would have been video, audio or pictures directly linking the Assad regime. Has anyone seen that evidence???

Thanks Seabag.
I was actually curious of your reaction.

Shill is an understatement.

And to answer your question, NO.

The evidence, if it exists, has not surfaced..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join