It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - are you ready for your next Civil War?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

OK... so people are wishing for a Civil War?

Why?

And why aren't they doing anything about it?

I think that people that tend be 'thinkers' get bored of the status quo, no matter how well they happen to have it, as to why aren't they doing anything about it? I quote Ice Cube "to all you [SNIP] say I went Hollywood, I'm gangsta! I know when I got it good!"

They're far more comfortable than they'd like to admit.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The internet provides insight into the mind that never speaks in public. The things you would never tell your coworkers and friends. Or, if you do, you are likely considered a lunatic.

People have extreme views. How they curtail those views in public discourse determines how well they work together to meet in the middle.

On the internet, though....its all keyboard commando's saying whats on their mind. In its most extreme form.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Hmm.

What I'm seeing so far is that people are generally of the opinion that what we see here on ATS is just keyboard talk?

People here want change.

It just depends on the person and their idea of change.

Politicians aren't willing to give up their level of authority through elections/policy change. So it'd have to be a revolution to get the change that so many desire.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I see it as inevitable. Our economy can't sustain itself and when it finally collapses it'll be far worse than 2008. When that happens the government won't be able to afford welfare anymore and everything will fall into chaos. To ignore its inevitability would be dumb of us. Not to mention it has happened before, and one thing history teaches us is that time is cyclical. To look towards the future just look at our past.

When everything falls apart, everyone will blame the wrong people and then the right people will sit in the shadows and scoop up all the assets and everything will get worse for everyone. Then we get to repeat a LONG road of regaining all our liberties before they'll be taken from us again. Either that or WW3 at its game over.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I know what you are seeing,and your right.The thing is as some have pointed out,yes we have apathetic people who WILL not open they're eyes to the truth.They bury they're heads in some stupid TV program or read the latest Miley Cyrus Scandal and ignore what our gov. is doing.How do you wake up those people? You can't.What will happen is when things go south they will be the ones standing in the street crying and wondering what happened.They're lives are comfortable and they don't want to let that go.To think of how bad things are for others is too much for them.They put they're heads in the sand and pretend.

We are at a point now where we have the haves and have nots.When that happens you end up with a civil war.Look at France's revolutionary war. It was started by women that had NO food to feed they're children,so they went to the gates of the palace.The rest is history as they say.When people can't get even the most basic of supplies they panic and its ugly.Due to stupid decision making and greed,we have system in place where most goods are shipped long distances to stores.If ANY part of that system breaks down,the shelves will empty fast.Things will get ugly indeed then.I see at my local stores here that now they are going with local grown fruit and veggies.Thats great,but what about everything else?

People tried to be heard at the last election, Ron Paul had supporters and they wanted him to get a fair shake.He was cut off from his own party and kept under wraps.TPTB do not want another Reagan that slipped through surprising them.I think Mr.Paul learned a big lesson himself from it too.

I honestly don't think it will be so much of citizen against citizen, at least not at first,as it will be the gov. against the people.They don't care, they think they have the fema camps and supplies to out last anything.They too will be surprised.Every major emergency I've seen the gov. can't get here till after the fact.Way after.Hurricane Katrina,Sandy,the riots after the Rodney King decision etc.

Americans will do what they always do, hunker down and wait it out.Those that have prepared for emergencys will sit tight.Those that haven't will be out in the street scrounging for whatever they can.I can only say that I truly hope and pray I'm totally wrong on all of this.I wish that were the case.But I feel as if we are a powder keg and are about to be lit.Others in other threads have said they felt like something is coming,I too feel this.I have this feeling of being out of time.I don't think its a matter of wanting to talk things out,you can't talk to those that are comfy where they are.All you can do is keep an ear out to those that aren't comfy.And be ready.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Politicians aren't willing to give up their level of authority through elections/policy change. So it'd have to be a revolution to get the change that so many desire.

Very scary, but wise words my friend!

That's just it! THEY have the power and if WE (Americans dumb enough to keep re electing them) keep following the scripted MSM driven divisiveness which, in essence "SEPARATES US ALL" into our own little tiny groups, then we obviously consent to keep allowing them to make our lives more miserable????

Unfortunately, I do believe we ARE sitting on a powder keg ready to explode.........

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
I see it as inevitable. Our economy can't sustain itself and when it finally collapses it'll be far worse than 2008. When that happens the government won't be able to afford welfare anymore and everything will fall into chaos. To ignore its inevitability would be dumb of us. Not to mention it has happened before, and one thing history teaches us is that time is cyclical. To look towards the future just look at our past.

When everything falls apart, everyone will blame the wrong people and then the right people will sit in the shadows and scoop up all the assets and everything will get worse for everyone. Then we get to repeat a LONG road of regaining all our liberties before they'll be taken from us again. Either that or WW3 at its game over.

So True , I see you Truely are Aware of the " Big Picture " , BRAVO !

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
In 1860, we had rather clear definitions of each side. Today there is no clear definition...even if you say left/right or democrat/republican there are many conservative democrats or more liberal republicans, plus many independents and those who just don't care about politics. Those who are poor and hate those who are rich wrongfully project that hatred towards the middle class, not towards the CEOs and political leaders who are the elite. We'll have people wanting to wage war on racist terms, people wanting to wage it upon economic terms, and heck even some people that want to wage war on environmental terms.
I fear that in a civil war, we will all be puppets of the political elite, who will be in their mansions laughing at us as they eat lobster and have champagne while millions die.
I believe they are already planning for civil war and sometimes think perhaps that's what they want....The global elites want us conservatives, us christians, and those of us who think freely and think about freedom and liberty gone. I think something will happen, maybe a false flag, to push the image that the conservative, religious, patriotic, freedom loving, conspiracy believing people are bad and need to be eliminated...arrested and thrown in camps, or just killed.

You think it's a civil war, but it is truly a communist revolution that was secretly put in place decades ago

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

Interesting Post here , I think you hit a few Trueful nerves there..........BRAVO !.............

edit on 2-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It won't be a "civil" war. It will be a race war against people of color. At least minorities will feel the majority of the wrath and suffer the most casualties from those calling for a civil war. Scapegoats as it were! The identifiable enemy....

God help us!
edit on 2-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't think you actually need a full blown revolution. If you can just get a few hundred rednecks pissed off to amass and do something it would likely scare the bejeesus out of "them". The spread of "domestic terrorists" is what our government fears most right now.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

seriously England is the size of Louisiana and closest in square mileage with 51,843 square miles compared to England's 50,346 square miles. Your a freaken drop in the bucket compared to what we would have to do to overthrow our government. your whole country is the size of one of our states actually Louisiana is bigger. with military bases in every state and police stations in every city oh and our police have assault rifles, bullet prof vest, tanks, helicopters and in a bit drones and thats just the police that's not even close to what the military has!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

You are on to something. Too bad the politicians are the wrong people to blame. They are just the face of the evil. They are supposed to be the fall guys. They will be the first people lynched. Just like in France when the aristocracy fell. If you want to know who needs to be blamed just follow the money. Here is a nice tale from the true people behind the scenes and how they work.

This is about the Battle of Waterloo.

www.mindcontagion.org...

On June 18th, 74,000 French troops led by Napoleon, sizing up to meet 67,000 British and other European Troops 200 miles NE of Paris.

Nathan Rothschild knowing that information is power stationed his trusted agent named Rothworth near the battlefield. As soon as the battle was over Rothworth quickly returned to London, delivering the news to Rothschild 24 hours ahead of Wellington's courier. A victory by Napoleon would have devastated Britain's financial system. Nathan stationed himself in his usual place next to an ancient pillar in the stock market. Knowing he would be observed he hung his head and began openly to sell huge numbers of British Government Bonds. Believing this to mean that Napoleon must have won, everyone started to sell their British Bonds as well. The bottom fell out of the market. Rothschild had his agents buying up all the hugely devalued bonds.

This man crashed his nation's stock market and the economy just so he could add a fortune to his existing fortune. These people still exist and have even more money and power now. Like I said to know the future, just look to the past.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

it won't be a civil war
it will be a revolt.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, my European friend, you recall what happened in the 1700's, in the Colonies? WE, got fed up with the CROWN'S boot on the back of our necks. Today, OUR government has forgotten they serve us, we are not their subjects. That's it in a nutshell and the people in Washington must wake up to that fact. My friend, our military is filled with Patriots, they will not make war on their own people like some may think. "The People", still have the power, they just don't understand yet, the strength of their numbers and the strength of their resolve. We will get past this period, it won't be easy. "We The People," will prevail against the corruption that is currently, Washington DC.........Stay Tuned........

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

It won't be a "civil" war. It will be a race war against people of color. At least minorities will feel the majority of the wrath and suffer the most casualties from those calling for a civil war. Scapegoats as it were! The identifiable enemy....

God help us!

Oh the weight of that tree you bear on your shoulders must be awful. I don't see a Civil War on the horizon. Too many families are so intertwined with other races, ethnicities, or whatever you wish to call it, brothers will not fight against brothers. Although Al and Jesse would love it, it won't happen. America has much more pressing problems to deal with than a race war. Our life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are at stake here; black, brown, red, yellow, white, and all shades in between.

Our children and young adults aren't made to learn real history, science, math, etc. But kindergarteners are dang sure gonna learn sex-ed. Government, along with mis-guided people, force what they think is education down our children's throats, and we sit idly by and talk about how good the test grades at our schools are. By the time some of us got to high school, we were well prepared for new knowledge, and we got "learnin'", not just tests.

They are our future, and unless American Citizen's act as one people, and either demand change or make the government of The People, By The People, For The People change, Civil War is the least of our worries.

Just my $2 pesos!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is what I think will happen. Not much in America. We'll keep getting our free stuff. Our government, which actually owns the world, and prints all the money, by means of our military might will keep fighting, and terrorizing the rest of the world for the next few decades. After which time our national debt will be about 100 trillion $$ or more. No one will say anything about it though, because if they do they'll be our next target. Then we'll start working on our next 100 trillion $$ of debt. Get used to it, because there's not much any of us can do about it. I feel sorry for the rest of you poor wretches that don't live in America, but if your government sucks up to ours enough, we'll give you some more free stuff too. I don't like it, but it is what it is. It would take someone like Jesus to save us now, and it doesn't seem like he's interested..

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Im incredibly reluctant to talk strategy here.

Talking about it will get us no where.
It is already to late.
A civil war may help there will still be those who slip through the cracks.

There are other ways, ways that take certains skills training and tactics throw in a massive set of balls and a few good men and women, and you will have real change.

However to me the most important question is.

Whos in line to take over if this does happen

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by retiredTxn

Originally posted by olaru12

God help us!

Oh the weight of that tree you bear on your shoulders must be awful. I don't see a Civil War on the horizon. Too many families are so intertwined with other races, ethnicities, or whatever you wish to call it, brothers will not fight against brothers.

Also being from Texas, I just call it like I see it and I'm not deaf to the racist comments either; though subtle here on ATS, much much more blatant on the street.

brothers will not fight against brothers.

How soon we forget our history....
fredericksburg.com...

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" George Santayana

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Honestly...im American..and I think a secession for several states would be great....that can only be done by civil war most likely and unfortunately. But hey if its going to happen I want it to happen in my life time just to see it unfold. Im going to set up a hotdog stand right between the opposing front lines and sell to both sides. Ill change flags whenever either side approaches to show my support for them. Then when the dust settles...ill get the heck out of dodge before they realize the very meat they were eating was themselves!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join