It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - are you ready for your next Civil War?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Sounds like all the other countries in the world doesn't it. Don't think it's just a civil war in the states. It's a world war that's coming, and it isn't between countries or discernable enemies. You're on the front lines already, you're just too blind to see it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
this appears to be one scenario of "the plan" as found by Serge Monast's investigation of project blue beam: civil strife, econ. collapse, fake "alien" invasion, fake "second coming" etc
www.educate-yourself.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm not shooting Americans. Still love my country as imperfect as she is, shes still mine.

And I'm not sorry for saying it.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yeah keyboard warriors, I like the term "The pen is mightier than the sword" best. Revolutions start with simple ideas, that eventually get corrupted yeah yeah. So just sitting here speaking your mind is more heartpounding to the enemy than walking around picketing and justifying a police state. Don't be so predictable, therein lies the root of chaos and its effects on those who wish to control.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The one thing we know is the internet does not in anyway shape or form represent the population at large. If it did Ron Paul would be President, Snakes on a Plane would be the highest grossing film of all time, Sharknadoe would have been the biggest TV ratings buster of all time, Cats doing things would be Americas favorite past time and we would all have millions of dollars from dead Nigerian Princes.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emeraldous
Yeah keyboard warriors, I like the term "The pen is mightier than the sword" best. Revolutions start with simple ideas, that eventually get corrupted yeah yeah. So just sitting here speaking your mind is more heartpounding to the enemy than walking around picketing and justifying a police state. Don't be so predictable, therein lies the root of chaos and its effects on those who wish to control.

So who's the enemy? No seriously.
Is it your sons and daughters and family members, friends in law enforcement, or the miilitary, or maybe the DHS or Government? These are our people in these vehicles and drills and sitting behind desks and in offices ect. and our neighbors, right? so who's to shoot?

Every time someone talks of civil war I have to smirk because civil wars are you just shooting at yourselves. So I'd ask those people who keep using the term, who is the enemy??

If you hate policy, or law, then speak against the policy or law. Not the people.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

Originally posted by Emeraldous

So who's the enemy? No seriously.
Is it your sons and daughters and family members, friends in law enforcement, or the miilitary, or maybe the DHS or Government? These are our people in these vehicles and drills and sitting behind desks and in offices ect. and our neighbors, right? so who's to shoot?

Every time someone talks of civil war I have to smirk because civil wars are you just shooting at yourselves. So I'd ask those people who keep using the term, who is the enemy??

If you hate policy, or law, then speak against the policy or law. Not the people.

Ideology is the enemy. People follow ideology.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

In order to have a civil war, you need two opposing sides

As if we don't have that already. We have people that want to live in a modern society free from religious and traditional dogma, and we have barbarians that would like to shoot everyone who disagrees with their false religion of guns, hate and military suppression.
edit on 3-9-2013 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Don't you think a lot of what you listed is justified? I think military support is waning. Dislike for police is justifies as they have become militarized. Also I think the racial tensions are intentionally beng raised. They are the worst they have been in 50 years since Obama has taken office.

I have been considering making a thread asking people what they thought a revolution would look like in the US. Im working on a movie about that scenario with a friend. We are writing it now and going to post it on ats when we are done. I know any rebels will be called domestic terrorists.

We have tried to think as realistically as possible. We considered that they would likely be up against coast guard, police/atf, and maybe nato. Would it beillegal for them to use the military? Would anyone support rebels or would it be too unlikely? Cartel weapons, military refusing to fight americans, foreign countries? We want to make the film as realistic as possible plus its a fun thought game.
edit on 3-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
I'm asking this seriously, with a healthy dose of respect for you guys across the pond, and it is based on what I read on ATS on a daily basis

America - are you ready for your next Civil War ?

I ask quite simply because when I read the rhetoric on ATS, it appears its coming.

Now I realise that ATS is a microcosm, representing extreme views in some cases, but what I see is kind of scary.

So, how about some considered thought and some answers?
edit on 2/9/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

I agree with some and will clarify others...as best as I can...

• There is a certain culture apparent the US that idolises your military and believes it can do no wrong.
    Not really true. As American's we have little to do with the actions and reactions of the American military or it's leaders. Recent NSA threats and spying upon citizens is further keeping the silent majority, silent, for fear of losing one's job, being publicly humiliated via the media, or simply being picked up and 'disappeared.' We support our troops, to no end, simply because of what they really sign on for (in most cases), and that is to uphold the Constitution and protect US citizens from tyranny both foreign and domestic. However, their leadership has kept them mostly focused on 'terrorism' which seems to cloud judgement and create a lot of gray area...an area in which American citizens can be labeled 'Domestic Terrorists' and again...'disappeared', or at least targeted. So, while we support them objectively, we aren't fully briefed on all of their actions...usually not until after the fact, so while we might support their obligation to us as citizens, we don't always support their apparent actions. This is typically reflective in our 'hatred' of our President, as a blame figure. In reality, no one really knows WHO runs the American government...we're constantly confused. We have governmental processes that are suppose to be followed, and IF they're followed, then we have a functioning government. However, with Obama blatantly waging wars without Congressional Approval and committing treason, he's technically impeachable...but his apparent 'regime' or whatever you want to call it is either so obvious we can't see them, or is completely invisible, so Articles for Impeachment are all but ignored...even when levied by the National Black Republican Association.

• Certain parts of your military appear to be starting to base their decision to serve on politics
    If I'm reading this correctly, I'm honestly not sure what you're stating...?

• There is a culture that hates the police.
    There is an overwhelming hatred of oppression in the United States. Police in the USA are to be regarded as armed and dangerous. However, many can be verbally disarmed by a quick re-education if you know the letter of the law and aren't breaking it. Example: You're walking down the sidewalk...doing absolutely nothing but traveling from one point to another. An officer stops you and asks you for your identification...ILLEGAL. You do not have to supply him/her with that ID. However, if you do not know the law and aren't carrying a camera and you object to their requests...you're interfering with a police investigation, failing to comply with an officer's demands, and will probably also get pinned with resisting arrest. These things play out like this all too often and there's VERY LITTLE tolerance for these kinds of 'enforcements.' Another example of completely illegal search and seizure would be to watch the cops raiding homes in Boston after the events of the Boston Marathon. Again...one video is enough to outrage tens of thousands for months on end.

• Your politicial system is very slowly (faster every day it seems) being eroded into a hate fest based on absolutes and there appears to be very little common ground. Presidents are simply hate figures (and that works for both sides, Obama is hated as much as Bush was)
    True. This is the current climate within the American socio-economic environment: In a nutshell, there are the 'haves' who work, the 'have nots' who do not work or are foreigners who do not pay taxes. The 'haves' are typically made up of two groups: the upper and middle classes. Now the upper class of the 'haves' delegates law, uses loopholes, pay little taxes, shelter their incomes, etc. etc. All the while they mandate that the middle class of the 'haves' should pay their taxes and make sure that all of the 'have nots' should have all the same things; houses; cars; social services; etc. but without all the pesky tasks of work. Then the 'have nots' are uneducated, underemployed, unemployed, welfare suckers, etc etc. The middle class does not want the lifestyle of the 'have nots' because they've chose to work for it...so they hate the upper class and the lower class because they are the two taking away what the middle has.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

• You have a deep distrust of government in any form
    We do not trust the government. Our Constitution even reminds us of the threat of government that's too big it oppresses us. Well...we haven't paid enough attention to it as of late and it'll probably lead to a civil war. Obama is also not doing the nation any justice. He's regarded as the most divisive president in US history and will go down in the annals of history as the biggest lying bag of # ever elected to lead this great nation...right down the #ter. Our government is overly complicated, overgrown, and divisive in nature...evil almost. We do not trust them, and the world is beginning to realize and come to the same sentiments and conclusions that 'We The People' have been expressing for years. There is something behind the curtain and no one knows who or what they are...but they aren't good and I think more and more people can sense it now. Luckily...as the world would have it...trust and humility tend to prevail even in the face of utmost fear and degradation.

• You have an economy that is struggling under the weight of what it is carrying
    Well...yes. I live in Texas, and our economy is fine at the moment. However, as more and more people decide to move to Texas from other crappy states like Ohio, Illinois, etc. they tend to arrive...not find a job they thought they would...then begin to milk the tit of society. Same applies to the US...but people move here from Mexico and it's the same type of scenario. So you have this following scenario playing out all over the country:

Family A) Parents went to college, buried in school debt, work two jobs and make $80,000 USD/year and support two kids of which they get limited deductions. They're employers offer partial insurance coverage, that costs them $12k/year. They have two cars...one is a 20 year old paid off import, the other a recently financed used vehicle as they're fiscally conservative. They have aspiration to send their kids to college, but they make too much to qualify for anything so they hope and pray for an academic scholarship...years later...both children are racked in debt and working at Starbucks with a Masters Degree in Physics.

Family B) Parents are both unemployed (on paper), zero debt because they don't qualify for any credit, combined household income is below the poverty line (on paper). Household cash income is $35,000/year from odd-jobs. Government subsidized benefits equate to $70,000/year including welfare, food stamps, and others. They have 4 children which net them paying nearly zero taxes. They are awarded free health care by the government, they get a free family cell phone plan, they get fre government subsidized internet, and they have two nearly brand new luxury sedans in the driveway with all the chrome they could ever want. They have no college plans for their children, however, if they did, they would receive government paid tuition to community college and immediate 4-year university acceptance. All the while, they'll vote democratic to ensure they have continued subsides.

Do you see why there's a level of resentment here?

• Unemployment is high in some areas and people are struggling to get by
    See above. Places where "democracy" rules...are the worst places in the US to live (See Detroit). Places where Conservative views and policies hold stake, you find flourishing economies and minimized crime (See Austin, TX)

• Tensions between ethnic groups appear to be at a new high.
    This is true. However, with reason. Unlike in many other countries, certain demographics in the USA have a strong tendency towards crime and violence, along with a selfish and ignorant viewpoint that they are entitled to what the working man has, because of what happened 300 years ago (referring to slavery.) Today, the worst area of any town are of a concentrated uneducated demographic...high crime, low value real estate, low-income, low job-per-capita, etc. While predominately educated areas are low-crime, high-income, high value areas....which would technically suggest, given the governmental handouts, that the "disenfranchised and oppressed" demographics would have the leg up seeing as how they have an easier time getting into college (if they finish high school)...however that's not the case. Tensions are mostly an annoyance in one direction (whites towards others), and a hatred in the other (others towards whites.) In a nutshell, it's not necessarily anyone hating anyone else, but rather hating the policies that liberals have made to 'empower' those who refuse to conform to society. Those who conform and "walk like a duck, quack like a duck...must be a duck" do well...just like anyone else who follows the path of capitalism. Go to school -> Work to pay off school -> Buy a bunch of useless expensive # -> Retire and die old with a bunch of crap you can't pass on to your kids and no real life experience.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I don't disagree with your comments (in general) OP, but my feelings about it are tempered by what seems like the 'the more things change, the more they stay the same' effect.

For example, here are the (definitely applicable to your OP) lyrics to a rock song I once wrote:

Sun goes down on American town
Time slows down for the summertime sound
Well it's a wild surprise, a slow realization
What to make of the wailing sirens, excited conversation
People shouting, people running round
They don't know what's really going down
But lemme tell ya what it's all about:
We're gonna go watch the firehouse burn to the ground

Sun goes down on American way
As the light in the mission fades away
As the kids get better than the old folk do
What the cause of the big insistence on something new
We're gonna watch the flames a reaching for the sky
Feel the smoke burning in our eyes
All the firemen will be surprised - but it's always that way
And there's nothing left to do today
So we're gonna go watch the firehouse
We're gonna go watch the firehouse burn...

Sun rise up on a dangerous land
Where brother to brother fight hand to hand
We got riot cops on the streets well-armed
'Cause Big Unk thinks he's still in charge

It's gonna burn down

-- Red Cairo

[waiting to be added to someone's anarchist-terrorist list now
]

Sounds familiar, right? Sounds like the situation at hand.

But I wrote that song in 1990!

23 years ago! Holy crap!

And yet, what has changed? I was young then. I thought something would. I thought we were doomed.

But while things do seem to have degenerated, it still seems like on the whole we're in the same situation we were when I wrote it.

So maybe it doesn't mean civil war is coming. Hell, there's probably songs from 20 years before mine that have similar content, so maybe this kind of situation is actually not uncommon for countries.

Peace.

edit on 3-9-2013 by RedCairo because: typo

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

You are on to something. Too bad the politicians are the wrong people to blame. They are just the face of the evil. They are supposed to be the fall guys. They will be the first people lynched. Just like in France when the aristocracy fell. If you want to know who needs to be blamed just follow the money. Here is a nice tale from the true people behind the scenes and how they work.

This is about the Battle of Waterloo.

www.mindcontagion.org...

On June 18th, 74,000 French troops led by Napoleon, sizing up to meet 67,000 British and other European Troops 200 miles NE of Paris.

Nathan Rothschild knowing that information is power stationed his trusted agent named Rothworth near the battlefield. As soon as the battle was over Rothworth quickly returned to London, delivering the news to Rothschild 24 hours ahead of Wellington's courier. A victory by Napoleon would have devastated Britain's financial system. Nathan stationed himself in his usual place next to an ancient pillar in the stock market. Knowing he would be observed he hung his head and began openly to sell huge numbers of British Government Bonds. Believing this to mean that Napoleon must have won, everyone started to sell their British Bonds as well. The bottom fell out of the market. Rothschild had his agents buying up all the hugely devalued bonds.

This man crashed his nation's stock market and the economy just so he could add a fortune to his existing fortune. These people still exist and have even more money and power now. Like I said to know the future, just look to the past.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

You are absolutely correct....while political leaders, corrupt CEOs and bank execs need to fall, for the world to be a better place the Rothschild family, George Soros, and heck all those involved in the trilateral commission, bohemian grove, and Bilderberg groups need to be taken out

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

If america has a war - it won't be a "civil war" - it will be a revolution from the corrupt politicians who line their pockets from the banksters and the millitary/industrial complex.

The only place racism really is a problem is on the MSM, and the race baiters like Al sharpton, jesse jackson, and Calypso Louie.

Most crime in the US is black on black crime - with blacks only being 13% of the population - and that's due to democratic policies in the large urban areas in america (illegal drug trade,poor education, welfare, and big pharma pushing psychotropic meds on 5 year-old, which gives a larger welfare payment, and more "disabled" kids for the teacher's unions salaries)

Americans are not going to shoot other americans in a civil war - except for in the inner cities where they are killing eachother daily anyhow.

There are a lot of americans abusing welfare of many different colors in america - and there are a lot of good, honest, hard working, intelligent americans of every color in america, also.

And, if you pay attention to what the problem really is in america - it's the politicians (both dems and repubs) that are not following the constitution and are more apt to fill their own personal banking accounts with insider trading and lobbyist monies.

Those are the people who should be afraid.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Nice sentiment. If I belonged to that tiny group of corn-fed hicks, collecting arms up the gazoo and waving the confedered flag outside my house every morning, I would agree with your distorted reality view of what you consider being a possible scenario in the good ol´US. But I don´t, and let me tell you why;

I would best describe the current United States, as a service based nation of aging, vain, obese, shallow, financially and politically illiterate pre-programmed bots with bad skin and muscle aches, who love sports and entertainment, but can’t understand each other, and are addicted to their oil based suburban sprawl debt financed lifestyles.

Do you really think these walking, electroncally zonked out, zombies, constituting the greater part of a country, once known and supported by our more fit and well-educated fore fathers ,as USA, will instigate a revolution, or, a civil war?

I don´t think so.

It´s time for you to wake up and smell the coffee of an all ruling "Securocrat" obsessed nation. In this reality, everything is taken care of, and your voice means nothing. So feed your intoxicated brain with that nice gmo prepared corn and remember to stand up, offering a proper salute, when 'der leader' speaks to you through your iPhone or Flatscreen TV.

edit on 3-9-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The boogie man has been unleashed again, I mean all of this talk of conspiracy and unrest have been around for so long it is unbelievable but sadly therein lies much truth, so there has to be something to it, this same playbook is being used once again, whether you want to believe it or not, OP is very on point with his observations and he could be correct.

Rex 84 - Oliver North - Kissinger - Council on Foreign Relations - Nazi Elements

Also for anyone that doesn't pay attention, former supreme allied commander , Wesley Clark let the cat out of the bag, Syria has been in the works and was on the radar, circa 2000 and could be part of the distraction.
Wesley Clark Reveals - The Plan

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

• There is a certain culture apparent the US that idolises your military and believes it can do no wrong.
  • Certain parts of your military appear to be starting to base their decision to serve on politics
  • There is a culture that hates the police.
  • Your politicial system is very slowly (faster every day it seems) being eroded into a hate fest based on absolutes and there appears to be very little common ground. Presidents are simply hate figures (and that works for both sides, Obama is hated as much as Bush was)
  • You have a deep distrust of government in any form
  • You have an economy that is struggling under the weight of what it is carrying
  • Unemployment is high in some areas and people are struggling to get by
  • Tensions between ethnic groups appear to be at a new high.

• True: The US military is likely the most formidable war machine ever built. That is kind of hard to ignore. Right or wrong, we don't get a say in where they go or what they do any more so than the UN.

• True: With the exception of those drafted into service, this has always been the case. America's first army was comprised of colonists declaring independence from the crown. We can call that political motive.

• True: The reverse is also true. It is apparent a culture exists within law enforcement that has animosity for the general public.

• False: The political system was undermined long ago and has been exploited ever since. What you see now is a circus.

• True: The US was born of contempt for the ruling class. (As far as we know.) Questioning authority is American as baseball and apple pie.

• True: The economic turmoil in the US is unnecessary. All those unemployed Americans....

• True: Their jobs are in China, Korea, Taiwan... you see where this going.

• True: Racial tension appears to be high. Appearances can be deceptive, and so can the evening news.

If any of this makes one an extremist, well then I don't know what the hell...

From my perspective it does seem a bit like a powder keg waiting blow. For like the last 20 years. I'm beginning to think that it is just part of the culture. There will always be turmoil of some sort. Political, ethical/moral, financial, legal, religious... before even taking race into account it's a big SHTF waiting to happen. But it doesn't. It's like a zit clinging to the inside of your nostril. Just out of plain view, just out of reach, and just will not pop. Eventually it goes away. Only to return.

There may still be a question of 'If' the powder keg blows, rather than 'When'. Happy? Only fools pray for war.

The false right/left dichotomy is a powerful social engineering tool. I quit using that stuff years ago.

I tend to agree with a few others in that "civil war" is unlikely as opposed to widespread civil unrest or citizen revolt. If something like this is going to happen then it will, ready or not.

• posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:38 AM
    link   

I can honestly say that I truly understand why you would perceive things that way.

ATS is a safe way to vent feelings that may be socially inappropriate to express in person and so tend to be a little more extreme.

As for the racial situation, the rhetoric is high. However, I live in the deep south and in person relations for the most part are better than ever. There are pent up tensions, yes, that are completely inappropriate to express to others, and ATS is a sort of steam vent.

The same with political tensions people in society normally don't talk politics with each other. Politics are held privately, and when the subject is broached it is done so quite on tiptoes until one can judge how the other feels. If one feels quite different than you, politics are dropped and not discussed at all. If one feels the same then a political fest begins. However, I have not seen an in person political argument do anything but die quickly.

However and this is my caveat. Once personal liberties are eroded to the point where conservatives feel it everyday or frequently enough to cause enough tension to spill out into the public arena then there might be problems. However, I sense the liberals are too very upset at the erosion of personal liberty. The result may not be within the people, but between the people and the government who more and more frequently thinks it can act without the consent of the people. Even the military, which is generally quite conservative, is chafing at the loss of personal freedom.

Fascinating! AFTER writing my post I went back and read the rest. Seems we are mostly in agreement, the threat if there is one, isn't between the people but between the people and the government. After spending 90% of my entire life within the military (young child through early late adulthood). I know, - which will surprise many, - the military are not mindless robots and I think (as we see on the Syria issue) many, many may refuse to engage. I was intimately involved in military intervention during the LA riots (Rodney King). Many soldiers had nervous breakdowns (more than you would ever imagine) and could not function as soldiers against fellow americans.
    edit on 3-9-2013 by grandmakdw because: addition rather than new post

edit on 3-9-2013 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:18 AM
    link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Also being from Texas, I just call it like I see it and I'm not deaf to the racist comments either; though subtle here on ATS, much much more blatant on the street.

Glad to be talking to a fellow Texan. Anyone can walk out their door or log on to the internet and find racist comments. I just chalk it up to idiots of all colors. They are everywhere, but are they representative of an entire race? Only if we let them be. I choose not to allow others stupidity define who I am, or dictate how I live my life.

Originally posted by RetiredTxn
    brothers will not fight against brothers.

How soon we forget our history....
    fredericksburg.com...

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" George Santayana

I and many others have a firm grasp on the history of America. Because of that, many more people than you may think, understand a Civil War scenario is nowhere in our future. We've seen and learned from history, as well as current events, and find no reason to fight each other. The Constitution does not give us rights, it merely affirms the rights government cannot take away. The Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights together are all we need to return to.

All Americans should focus on that goal, not a war that divides us. If we allow others to focus on hate amongst each other, our out of control government will only become stronger, and more intrusive. I will not stand idly by and allow these warmongers, liars, and corrupt politicians to destroy our country. Nor will I allow others to destroy our country from within by pitting brother against brother. I will fight to the death to insure America is still here for my children and grandchildren. God Bless America...the America we all deserve, and should never allow to be taken from us, or the world.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:32 AM
    link   
    reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Revolution will never utilize vast army's. It will start, there will be a couple of major events in the movement, then it will rot from the inside after being infected by the intelligence apparatus of the US Government.

Look at the Tea Party. Or OWS. They both started by real people, and ended being controlled by government folks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join