It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we SHOULD demand military action on Syria

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

(Reuters) - United Nations investigators said on Monday they had expanded a secret list of Syrians and military units suspected of committing war crimes

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:38am EDT
Reuters

If I was Bashar Assad,
I would quit killing people
and do what the world says.

Simple.

I guess he likes it rough, well it's coming.
He who lives by the sword dies by the sword.

Mike

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Syria And How To AVOID World War 3

The same way you avoid being mugged
when they have already pulled a knife.

You kick em in the nuts.

Mike

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

the "wreckers" of olden times were looters who, by lighting bonfires along coastlines to resemble light houses, would steer ships off course and cause them to wreck against the shore so they could plunder their remains.

song meanings . com / Rush / The Wreckers

Everyone who doesn't understand just exactly how evil Bashar Assad is,
that thinks they are winning-their-country-back by turning on our
elected officials is following a false light.

Our politicians are trapped by the laws surrounding classified
information. To openly divulge it would be an actual
criminal act that would get them charged
with treason. Look at Snowden,
or Manning. They have
been conditioned
to suffer this
moment.

If the reader
wasn't being played
by their emotions, and
actually wanted to make a
change that mattered they would
demand the declassification of all information.

But it feels good turning on our own representatives doesn't it.

All I know is sometimes you have to be wary,
sometimes the tragedy is you.

Mike
edit on 5-9-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

mikegrouchy

On those terms I can state what I believe.

This Country,

The United States of America

Is our house.

Central and South America are

our front Yard, Canada the attic.

The rest of the world is our Back Yard.

If the reader cannot see it that way,
they maybe this isn't their house,
maybe they are just a hireling,
visitor, or servant.

Only the reader can know for sure.

Mike

This nation, which you erroneously refer to as a "house", was founded on the rights of the individual to live as they see fit, with minimal intrusion by others. It does not give us the right to go shoot our neighbors because they don't live the way WE think they should.

We have title to our own houses and yards. We DO NOT have title to the houses and yards of our neighbors. Not even if we really, really "believe" we do.

When did these other countries give you title to THEIR houses to call your "yard"? We cannot just go over to the neighbor's house, kick over their chair, and claim title to what is theirs. that is a criminal offense called a "home invasion", a forcible and unlawful deprivation of the rights of ownership of others, to own and operate what is theirs.

According to the laws of your own nation, what you are claiming here is illegal. I'm glad I don't belong to YOUR homeowners' association!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

mikegrouchy
The UN is a poker game that we host in our house.

It is not the ruler of our house.

I find it curious how many dyed-in-the-wool conspir-
acy realists who have been against a NWO are now
arguing in favor of UN ownership if this situation.

The remit of the UN is to mediate disputes BETWEEN nations, not the internal disputes within a nation.

We humans have never
had a world war, what there wasn't
a league of nations or a UN there first to shepherd it.

There was no league of Nations before World War I. The League of Nations was a result of WWI, not a cause or "shepherd" of it.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Are you a sheep. Must be got papers prove whats happening no.. Plus the " fsa" already claimed responsability.. #2 how bout we send you over there. Let know how that goes for ya will ya?
and also you really believe everything the news tells ya dont ya? Shows it.. Sorry for speaking reality.. Well if you got money to send them go for it.. you seem to forget how much dept there is on. fake wars

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'd say he's just taking the piss.

He wants us to "own it'.. Own what?

Its a hypocritical deluded argument he's pushin and everyones biting.

Let this thread die.

I'd donate to a fundraiser for a ticket to Syria for for this guy.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

Facinating that one would mention Sun Tzu precisely when the Sovereign
authority of this country (We The People) are meddling in the affairs of the
generals.

Mike

Fascinating that one can so grossly misuse the quoted story.

It is not the generals who are agitating for war.

it is the already defeated "warriors" among the people who are urging involvement in an unwinnable war.

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

Exactly, this about sums it up and why I, (can't speak for any other American) have just about had it with what we hear on the news and from our government as to what is "truth". Could it be that we are worn out and sick of being 'told" what we "should" do only to learn after the fact that the "truth" wasn't exactly true? Been there done that, anyone?

Yes.

Being lied into wrongful action, being led around by false or misleading information into doing what ought not to be done in the first place... and having that done to you by the very people who claim to be working "in the interests" of the self-same people you're supposed to be protecting, for their own selfish motivations, is nothing less than a betrayal of your trust.

... and the death of innocence.

There is a dangerous game afoot, and people are being swayed into supporting the very monsters that would kill us dead. Assad doesn't care enough about us to kill us dead, but al-Quaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood have a track record otherwise.

NEITHER side deserves our support. It's a game that can be won only by not playing.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
i have a question ...

has it occurred to anyone that with a majority (notice A not THE) of our assets 'blocked' in this region, should a 'strike' occur elsewhere, like Benghazi or maybe South Korea ? it would make it very difficult for us to respond in any reasonable amount of time ?

does anyone really think that Un is more concerned about basketball than reclaiming SKorea ??

now that Russia and China have joined the party in the Med, Egypt has the ability to close the Suez and Obama is still on the war path, wouldn't you consider taking advantage of the opportunity ??

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I say pursue it to END this PLANET.
(nothing survives)

Its actually more humanitarian than giving returning disabled vets ......pets.

I hope whoever is calling the shots has their way....good or evil. Doesnt matter. JUST END IT.

The whole thing from your Holy gods to your most orgasmic luxuries are all SOUR and in need of replacement or permanent retirement.
edit on 6-9-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
I say pursue it to END this PLANET.
(nothing survives)

Its actually more humanitarian than giving returning disabled vets ......pets.

I hope whoever is calling the shots has their way....good or evil. Doesnt matter. JUST END IT.

The whole thing from your Holy gods to your most orgasmic luxuries are all SOUR and in need of replacement or permanent retirement.
edit on 6-9-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

Hey now! I like the dog I got. and working eith him is a far better use of my time than stripping And cleaning weapons all day like I used to. Though it doesn't keep me off this site so...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me why the answer always has to be a military strike? Why can't Assad be be brought before the War Crime Tribunal?
If there isn't the proof to bring him before a tribunal, then there isn't enough proof to launch a military attack.

For all of you who are screaming for a military attack, if there is one, sign yourself up, your son, your families. I'd like to see if you'd put your lives on the line as easily as you're asking others to...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by meemaw

Why not a good old fashioned assasination?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Nihilism at it's finest.
I can't just give up,I have a wife and a gun collection.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This thread will be discussed tonight at 10pm Est tonight on Reality Remix.

Join ATS Members SheepSlayer247, Adjensen, NoRegretsEver, Druid42 & Beezer for two hours of their take on threads past and present right here on ATS!

Show thread

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Here we are 3 years later, and the UN has finally stepped in.

Gee if we were gonna do this ... why not 3 years ago?

I'll tell you why.

The UN does nothing.
It locks down the area.
Makes sure people stop fleeing.
Then the real genocide of locals by locals begins.

Just like happened in Bosnia, Africa, Iraq, and a whole slew of other places.

This is from yesterday.

75,000 Syrians are trapped near #Jordan’s border. Satellite images show some are dying. -@washingtonpost #Syria

What do you wana bet those are the last Christians of Syria. And the UN will keep that border air tight, while they are systematically eliminated. Did you know that over 400 churches were burned in Bosnia? After the UN dropped a fog of war over the area of course.

Lots of practice killing Christians in the area. Seems to be an old tradition. A cease fire is the perfect cover. Infidels probably don't get cease fires.

Got all those scared innocents corralled really well there,
pinned up against the border of Jordan.
And then we'll never hear from them again.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

3 years later and US boots are in Syria. But now it is happening without our input. Whether we want it or not. Perhaps we should have taken the opportunity when they offered us the chance.

In this video US forces are moving out of a town, and a local Muslim who speaks English is say "we will never accept infidels fighting along side us" and generally posturing as though he is driving the US out.

But don't take my word for it.
Just drop this phrase into any search engine and click on news.
    ''expelled U.S. troops''

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So this Airstrike yesterday that killed 62 and wounded 200,
turns out they may have been Iranian soldiers, and the
Assad Regime is just claiming them as Syrian.

He says, Tehran will know, Moscow will know. Send a message. I guess the message is "we know".

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join