It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Government Drill Planned to Test Possibility of U.S. Electric Grid Going Down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
The US government wouldn't DARE attempt an actual major shut down of the nation's power grid, for ANY reason, so close to Thanksgiving and the start of the Holiday shopping season immediately thereafter.

The Corporate Overlords would fill the streets of Washington D.C. with the blood and heads of their politician lackeys.

Hmm,.
I must say with respect to a long time member,. WHAT?
does 911 ring a bell?
government wouldnt do that would they?
If i remember correctly,. there were drills then also.....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
www.powerenz.com... Best investment ive made in a while.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Retikx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I seem to remember that some times when we are in the middle of drills .. those events actually happen. 9/11 for instance. I'll be interested to see if anything comes of this actually happening on those dates.

umm and the Boston Marathon was a drill also

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
The US government wouldn't DARE attempt an actual major shut down of the nation's power grid, for ANY reason, so close to Thanksgiving and the start of the Holiday shopping season immediately thereafter.

The Corporate Overlords would fill the streets of Washington D.C. with the blood and heads of their politician lackeys.

Hmm,.
I must say with respect to a long time member,. WHAT?
does 911 ring a bell?
government wouldnt do that would they?
If i remember correctly,. there were drills then also.....

I was thinking the same thing.

I remember a certain “drill” that happened during 9/11.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, everything here seems to fit within the scope of the numerous other threads pointing to Martial Law happening withing the Sept-Nov time frame.

edit on 30-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
that not for terorist attack..only solar storm can get down power and covering gigantic area..

Don't forget maintenance workers who decide to ground parts of the grid before isolating those circuits from the rest of the electricity grid. Some guys did that in Silicon Valley. Just about the whole peninsula went down.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This drill is not for the public, they will not shut down power. Incident command and emergency response drills simulate scenarios and then evaluate what went right, what went wrong.
I see they are still asking power companies to join & I don't see my power company's name on there. Most large power companies already do these drills. This one is asking to share command with the FBI etc so I am not sure how many non-US companies will actually join.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by passit

I personally did not think the drill would be real (shutting down electricity), just the act of similations in this scenario is enough to cause wonder.

Too many drills have gone live in the past.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
sure, sure...

where have I heard this before... I know:

www.educate-yourself.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
A drill in November. I wonder if they remember this little happening.

Nov 9, 1965: The Great Northeast Blackout

And not to forget this one.
Northeast blackout of 2003

A tree branch eventually took down Ontario and 8 US states.

And this should be noted too.

Wikipedia list of major power outages.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshwarchand777
If its happening in your area, mark it on your calender, and keep your bug out bags handy on that day, just in case it turns into a reality.

I'd invest in a portable diesel generator and a fuel tank. Guy in my college lived out in a farm. Every winter they would have power outages. Fortunately, they had a diesel generator that provided AC current to keep a few things going like lighting and the fridge/freezer. Cooking was done by gas.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Seems I read that there was an Air Force terrorism response drill on 911, when the towers were hit by planes. Believe I saw this in a copy of the congressional 911 report.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This thread should be stickied to showcase how over-dramatic most people are on this forum. The OP posts an article fully explaining that simple tests will be done to our power grid and most of you, without reading the article, jumped the gun proclaiming something bad is going to happen, people will starve to death and millions will die. Do any of you not see something wrong with that? It's absolutely disgusting how sadistic some of you people are, you should be ashamed.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Really....don't they remember what happened when the real thing happened?

Sheesh.
I remember it well....in 2003.
Basically no radio.
NO cable, no internet, no cell phones.
NO power.
It totally sucked.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EviLCHiMP
This thread should be stickied to showcase how over-dramatic most people are on this forum. The OP posts an article fully explaining that simple tests will be done to our power grid and most of you, without reading the article, jumped the gun proclaiming something bad is going to happen, people will starve to death and millions will die. Do any of you not see something wrong with that? It's absolutely disgusting how sadistic some of you people are, you should be ashamed.

Gettin' a little dramatic there yourself. How hard is it to understand that most people here are aware that many drills have become the real thing in the last 10-12 years.
SandyHook
Boston

Just ones off the top of my head.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by ntech

Really....don't they remember what happened when the real thing happened?

Sheesh.
I remember it well....in 2003.
Basically no radio.
NO cable, no internet, no cell phones.
NO power.
It totally sucked.

Yeah, and you still had a car that worked , stores could get deliveries most likely, and vital services still could be had.
Point being, it could be even worse than what you went through. Yikes.
edit on 31-8-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm sure I heard somewhere that there could be massive solar activity around this time, meybe the only way to protect the grid is to shut it down, maybe we are not getting the full story here ?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Well, no gas stations, I don't know if many stores were open.
Thankfully, it only went on for a couple of days.

But, without gas stations, travel was limited.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
On one hand, I'd bet (or at least hope) that this "drill" is just a planning model - ie: risk analysis / computer scenario / tabletop exercise, not real world. But, again -- where have we heard that before?
(cough-norad-sneeze)

Back to the point though, it would be a really brazen move to actually cut power to millions in the CONUS and also Canada and Mexico.... just for a test. Sure, if you want to gauge how many people just freak the snip out by geographical areas it would be a mighty fine test. Scary when you think about the timeframe, and climate (both political and geographical) for the test. It deserves at least one tin hat for the possibility of conspiracy.

Personal experience:

Going back to the 1996 Northwest Blackout I remember that one.

Our town lost power July 2nd or 3rd, for a total of 4 or 5 days... and it kinda came in waves. Some parts of town lost power completely, other areas were not effected initially. Grocery stores still had power the first day, as did banks and other places. Everything was fully shut off by the second day, IIRC. That day all power was off.

In the following days -
Some areas in town did get power randomly, if for only a few hours at a time.
There were no riots, no shootings looting or mobs here.. but it was an interesting experience for many. (ohh the joys of candle light)

Or Coleman lanterns.

So no, I hope not.
Bet not.

T

edit on 13/8/31 by telemetry because: link not working properly

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Problem is this already happened ........

November 1965 - massive power failure blacks out much of east coast US for several hours causing massive disruption

Later traced to relay in Canadian power plant at Niagara Falls which tripped and shunted power to US side tripping safety relays

en.wikipedia.org...

July 1977 - New York City (sometimes called "NIGHT OF THE ANIMALS" )

Lightning strikes knocked out several High voltage transmissions lines causing massive overload in NYC, grid tripped out, Massive looting and arson followed

August 2003

Short circuit caused by overloaded power lines drooping into trees and software glitch which prevented operators
from recognizing and correcting problem caused cascading failure of grid in easten US and Canada

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Then Hurricane Sandy (2012) last year when knocked out power for days or even weeks in much of NE United States

en.wikipedia.org...

I experienced the above blackouts,,,,,,,

During Sandy lost power for 2 days, some areas lost power for WEEKS. Problem was without power gasoline pumps dont work - result massive gas lines. Supermarkets were closed because did have power to operate
and deliverys were cancelled

No food or fuel.......

Unlike your conspiracy fantasies this has happened multiple times resulting in massive disruptions to economy
and life

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Problem with diesel is that fuel collects water and goes stale or gums up engine

Fuel has to be flused and replaced every few months

After Hurricanes last few years in this area ((New Jersey) many people invested in backup generators which run
om ntural gas or propane

Dont have problems with fuel going bad and clogging up system

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join