It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Government Drill Planned to Test Possibility of U.S. Electric Grid Going Down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The U.S., Canada, and Mexico are getting ready for a massive 'Preparedness Drill' that will simulate a power grid attack and shutdown !!!

This will take place November 13 – 14, 2013 (unless Obama has a 'reason' to delay it !) [Ha Ha]

The story warns that in the event of a major power shutdown, you will 'be on your own' and government will be limited on what they can do for you !!

The U.S. Government is gearing up for a major Preparedness Drill that will simulate a Grid Down Scenario, one that will examine what would happen if the county’s electric grid was taken down by both physical and cyber-attacks.

The threat is very real and is something that we’ve covered in great detail in the past. Our electric grid is extremely vulnerable to an attack that could leave our country in the dark for weeks, maybe even months.

In preparation for this type of attack, our government is going to test the grids vulnerabilities, as thousands of utility workers team up with anti-terrorism experts, Homeland Security, the F.B.I. and other governmental agencies.

the GridEx 2013 Preparedness Drill - one of the largest preparedness drills in our country’s history

Let's hope the 'drill' remains only a 'drill' !!

'Drills' always have a way of becoming 'reality' !!

Massive Government Drill Planned to Test Possibility of U.S. Electric Grid Going Down

Hey !! .. wait a minute....

Don't they know all this already ?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
that not for terorist attack..only solar storm can get down power and covering gigantic area..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Pay attention to the female bear Napolitano...pay attention.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

In all reality, this is one scenario that we can do without.

The domino effect that it would have on every day life from simple things like a grocery store to service stations to the more major things such as banks, hospitals, etc. the list goes on.
Life as we know it would crumble right before our eyes.

And if people think that the violence that we see on the news today is bad, just wait until a SHTF scenario like this happens and all hell is gonna break loose.

Many people would not make it.

No, we don't want this to happen.
But if it does, it's good to be prepared.....well try to be.
Protection is top of my list!!!!!

edit on 30-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

This seems very reminiscent of Operation Northwoods.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
My gut reaction to this info,

is RED FLAG..

On one hand,

Anything now days coming out of any form of government with the words "Drill" in it .. just screams "Omg, here we go again"..

but on the other hand,

Maybe its just what we need, turn the power off .. let the people eat them selves with fear.

Its about time we got this party started.

seriously though,

with recent news articles i have read I'm starting to see it all form into one epic event that seems to be just around the corner.

Take extra care people, be safe.

Muzz

edit on 30/8/2013 by Ormuz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The US government wouldn't DARE attempt an actual major shut down of the nation's power grid, for ANY reason, so close to Thanksgiving and the start of the Holiday shopping season immediately thereafter.

The Corporate Overlords would fill the streets of Washington D.C. with the blood and heads of their politician lackeys.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Could this be a test to "out" whoever can survive the drill? Wouldn't they be liable for loss of business? Could be a short drill. If you can survive the duration of the drill we're thinking stay dark.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
If its happening in your area, mark it on your calender, and keep your bug out bags handy on that day, just in case it turns into a reality.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshwarchand777
If its happening in your area, mark it on your calender, and keep your bug out bags handy on that day, just in case it turns into a reality.

How can you find out if it's happening in your area?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky

Maybe they will make some announcement or something?
Or maybe its the entire US, Canada and Mexico. Thats quite too big for a drill, three countries, something doesn't seem right.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky

Maybe they will make some announcement or something?
Or maybe its the entire US, Canada and Mexico. Thats quite too big for a drill, three countries, something doesn't seem right.

Check out the link within the OP link: www.spp.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Ok I have to ask because this just pissed me off. (go figure)

What about medical patients who might need life support?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

If they can allow three aeroplanes to avoid NORAD detection and 'apparently' reach targets within US soil, I'm going to guess that thanksgivings is up for grabs as well..

Remember, nothing is sacred..

Muzz

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Dbl post..

edit on 30/8/2013 by Ormuz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hopefully it will go something like this:

[yvid]

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

edit on 30-8-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
that not for terorist attack..only solar storm can get down power and covering gigantic area..

Not true.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The drill will look at how the three governments react to the loss of the power grid, and a crippled supply chain that would inevitably follow the event.

A few peculiarities doesn't sit well with me...

border crossing during this event.

Plus, the whole idea of what, you just gonna flip a switch, or blow up a nuclear reactor to shut-off the grid, or NK is on board at the ready, floating around above us?

Would I feel better about this coming from a dhs memo to the populace(s)? Certainly not.

I suppose this drill is in line with screw the republic, but keep continuity of gov. alive...?
It states in plain English;

The fact is, during a grid down situation you will be on your own. The government simply doesn’t have the ability, or the resources to help you survive. If you don’t have adequate training, emergency supplies, and the ability to survive this type of situation, your timing might be running out.

I've gone Amish (naked in the wilderness) before, but what about my elderly neighbors?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I read the article... Seems kinda extreme, no? From the sound of this they plan on taking EVERYTHING down... I don't like the sound of that... That leaves a window of opportunity open for anyone with a distaste for the U.S to do "god know's what"...

I'll be buying more supplies. Water, canned foods ASAP... Daddy no likey~
And ammo just in case.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join