It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Vs. God

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Evolution Vs. God

Evolution needs God!!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
Evolution Vs. God

Evolution needs God!!

Evolution is just a theory it doesn't need anything.

Insecure people need god, which is why this thread has reached page 46. They just can't accept that filling in the gaps with "god" isn't really an answer.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Is that like the gaps in cell division?

Biology : Meiosis - cell division
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVMb4Js99tA

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Gaps in meiosis? Care to explain?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I cant think of any gaps in cell division its been observed in labs so i think we have a good idea about what happens. But im guessing you dont?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Did you not watch the video?

It's Magic...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

reply to post by mrphilosophias

I find it funny when science talks about time before the earth or the sun existed in seconds, minutes, and years. Time is a measure of change. Our time is measured by changes in the orbits of the earth relative to the sun. Need I point out the paradox here?
edit on 24-9-2013 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

Eh... That's not a paradox. Just because the two solar bodies that we use to develop our units of time didn't exist then doesn't mean we can't use those units of time to describe changes over time in the universe prior to the sun's formation. It's not like we are traveling back in time to the time before our sun existed and talking to other intelligent creatures about time. We are discussing time with other people in the present who all understand those lengths of time. You know what be funny, and by funny I mean ridiculous, would be defining new units of time to describe changes over time before the sun was formed.

Maybe study up on what a real paradox is.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

flyingfish
reply to post by SuperFrog

Did you not watch the video?

It's Magic...

What is magic?

I call magic process before that... but really, can you please try and be more constructive?

What is confusing you?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

flyingfish
So, basically your method is to assume? It looks designed, therefor God? That is the exact opposite of the scientific method.

For creationists, EVERYTHING looks "designed".

We had the solar system example several weeks ago, but this of course also applies to the appearance of living beings...or basically everything.

One argument given was the fact that planets revolve (or something like that) was evidence for "design".

Of course..the funny thing here is that in a theoretical universe where planets do NOT revolve and would stay in fixed positions to another, they would ALSO argue it's "miraculous" and "by design"...since it would otherwise not be explainable how planets "magically" would always be in constant position to another.

So or so...creationists will randomly pick SOMETHING and use it as evidence for smart design.

"Everything works so perfectly"......but no mentioning of birth/death, diseases, requirements to eat, breathe etc....everything is always "perfect".

Earth is "perfect" since it has a moon, the moon causes tides....certain life-forms depend on the tides..etc..etc...so see how everything is perfect, so "it was designed".

Even on an entirely different (hypothetical) planet, say, a planet without a moon, a planet without oxygen in an atmosphere, where beings would look *entirely* different and would function entirely differently...Creationists would also use the same arguments.

Creationists on planet "Xaximbo" would look at beings with 5 arms, a tiny head and giant feet...beings who live off..say...methane off the atmosphere (because oxygen doesn't exist)..and then say " See, it's all so perfect, it is designed".

And why is everything "perfect"? Because evolution and adaption does not leave any other option than that ANY life-form will evolve/adapt perfectly.

( Take an aquarium as your "mini universe" and throw a bunch of life-forms in it...among them mice, fish, normal plants, under-water plants. etc...some random selection. After a month you check how your "mini universe" has evolved. You will notice that those life-forms who survived, fish etc. are ALL miraculously adapted and well suited to live under water in your aquarium. Those life-forms which cannot live under water have vanished. The entire aquarium is a system where everything works "in perfection", there is no other outcome. A "non under-water" plant cannot exist in an aquarium, neither can an animal which needs air to breathe.

However, you did not "design" your aquarium "mini universe", in fact you only tossed a bunch of random life-forms in it and then waited what will happen over time.

Simplified example of course. )

edit on 52013R000000FridayAmerica/Chicago17AMFridayFriday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

AbleEndangered

Way to miss the point. The difference isn't the gaps but how these are filled. One side fills it with "god did it" and leaves it at that. Science uses a system of placeholders called theories. If a better placeholder comes along then they are switched. If a theory turns out to be the answer that fills the gap then it becomes a law.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Evolution, obviously, as it's backed by mountains of evidence, current observable examples and the like. God is faith based, which is ok if you're into that kind of thing, but by definition means believing in something with no evidence to support it.

Threads like this make me glad I live in the UK and not US. Over here people who believe in creation are few and far between and generally considered nutjobs; whereas it appears quite common in the US (no offence to Americans, this is just my observation and may not be the case).

The strangest aspect is it's usually god loving types who believe in intelligent design; if they've ever banged their funny bone, been kicked in the balls or tried to see in the dark they'd realise they're saying god is an idiot.
edit on 27-9-2013 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

bastion
Evolution, obviously, as it's backed by mountains of evidence, current observable examples and the like. God is faith based, which is ok if you're into that kind of thing, but by definition means believing in something with no evidence to support it.

Threads like this make me glad I live in the UK and not US. Over here people who believe in creation are few and far between and generally considered nutjobs; whereas it appears quite common in the US (no offence to Americans, this is just my observation and may not be the case).

The strangest aspect is it's usually god loving types who believe in intelligent design; if they've ever banged their funny bone, been kicked in the balls or tried to see in the dark they'd realise they're saying god is an idiot.
edit on 27-9-2013 by bastion because: (no reason given)

Id say no more actually believe in creation in the united states then the UK as far as percentage there just alot more vocal. As far as belief it can blind you of some logical conclusions and part of faith is in itself demanding that. religion relies on faith ive found beliefs can change but very rarely dose a person change there faith. With faith excuses are made to justify it for example well ok god didnt do that but hey still doesnt explain this and he could have done this instead. With a belief if they are shown to be wrong most people go oh ok i didnt understand that now it makes sense. So i guess in some sense faith can blind you from the truth weird when you think about it.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

This video is to show you guys the gaps in cell division. So you can understand, that humans don't understand the gaps!!

I thought people knew this!?!?

Eukaryotic Cell Cycle | Biology | Genetics
www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3_PNiLWBjY

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You guys are here for someone to prove to you there is a God.

No other reason, Your struggling and torn within yourselves!

Don't worry guys, I was sent here to help you all understand!!

No other reason to waste your life in this thread, other than waiting on me!!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
Evolution Vs. God

Evolution needs God!!

That is correct.

It is odd that no one pick up on what the Bible is saying. In genesis chapter 1. God says: Let earth bring forth all living things.

God does not create life. Earth does.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

AbleEndangered

Biology : Meiosis - cell division
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVMb4Js99tA

When trying to claim that there are gaps in cell division, it's probably best not to cite a video that shows how there are no gaps in cell division.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

yeah I kinda linked in the wrong video, it just shown how shallow people were to not further investigate the GAPS!!

Just because the gaps weren't in the first video, doesn't mean they don't exist!!

This video describes the Gaps!!

The first video of meiosis is still pretty fascinating, I guess people dont know til you sit them down and show them!!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by dragonridr

This video is to show you guys the gaps in cell division. So you can understand, that humans don't understand the gaps!!

I thought people knew this!?!?

Oh I see.

"I don't understand this facet of nature, therefore invisible man in the sky created everything in 6 days, started hundreds of wars, claimed one race to be his and guaranteed them physical land and wealth, destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah because of homosexuality, but saved the holiest man who zealously offers his daughters up to be raped, flooded the earth while saving 2 of every animal -- but neglecting to mention any animals which weren't known to bronze-aged mesopotamians -- created a man without the use of contraception, he was that man, and is separate from that man; oh and there's a third one who he is and isn't, too."

How could I have possibly thought this theory was ridiculous before? I must not have investigated cell division, which clearly leads to this conclusion.
edit on 27-9-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

Speaking of Flood, do you notice all North American Large Mammals being wiped out 10,000-15,000 years ago?

Did you know, that during the Ice Age melt, sea levels rose 40 feet in a single day, not once, but twice?

Did you know that many low land civilizations were wiped out?

Did you know that Humanity can be traced back to a single female about 10,000 years ago??

An evolutionist just said the Gaps in cell division can be observed in a lab, but this is false, no one observes the gaps but God!

Your not going to convince me there isn't a God, its gonna be the other way around!!
edit on 27-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: typo: good to God

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Look,

Humans are like the white blood cells of Earth. If we don't do our job, someone else has a job to do!

If Humans fail, another system takes over to repair and correct and set things right!

Our Solar system is just a molecule in a much larger universe!!

We are so small, but think we are so big!!

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join