It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Vs. God

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Phage

What about that Ostrich

Lets stop for a second to do this shall we ?

1. Some are advocating that large reptiles evolved and became birds.

2. While the Bible says God cursed them to the ground to eat the dust for
all of their days.

Which one has more evidence ?

Neither.

Dinosaurs were mammals, not reptiles.

Zero evidence to support that giant spirit in the sky exists or existed at all much less cursed chickens cause he was feeling cranky one day.

If, however, you were going to look for the evidence of giant land mammals slowly evolving into lowly chickens over the course of millions of year, you would find mountains of rather staggering evidence.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You claim to have thousands of pieces of evidence and yet you can't provide any incremental changes in body forms to a new kind in the fossil records. You can't observe this evolution because it takes millions of years by your theory. So, you can't prove your theory anymore than I can prove mine by scientific methods. I can provide thousands of biblical historical and prophetic evidences, I can point to irreducible complexity down to the cellular level, and I can point to the order of nature and symbiosis that exists which means all had to happen at the same time or they wouldn't exist all while your theory says it taking millions of years.

How did trees and plants exist or animals exist without one another? Yet simple life needing oxygen is supposed to exist, and those things are supposed to just happen to have everything they need to function in their complex cells, biological systems, reproduction with male and female. I mean come on, it's obviously a very complex system and if you found something like an egg beater that has a handle, crank, gear, and beaters on mars you would say, "See there was intelligent life on Mars", but you can't look at a cell with it's incredible systems and say, "See, there was an intelligent designer!"

Truly amazing.

Nothing has to happen at the same time ever heard of the old saying how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Evolution is no different you try to make great leaps because you believe it makes it impossible. however evolution doesnt work that way. As far as the old ID argument of the flagellum its gone to save space ill just post the link :

Okay, I was wrong. The flagellum did evolve after all . . .

www.uncommondescent.com...

Also heres the scientific paper explaining the process though i warn you tough read if your not a biologist.

www.talkdesign.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Now lets change things a little im getting bored i keep refuting your claims and explaining the science involved. Remember back at the very beginning i told you not to get your science off creationist websites they lie to you. See you may not realize this but your whole argument for there being a god boils down to it takes intelligence to make intelligence. So assuming god is intelligent who made him?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

Dinosaurs were mammals, not reptiles.

Ok So birds are next week then ?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Phage

What about that Ostrich

Uh, I'll have the chicken please. White wine.

So did chickens just get a raw deal from evolution,
that turned out to be in our favor ? Perfect farm animal
that's for sure.

Lets stop for a second to do this shall we ?

!. Some are advocating that large reptiles evolved and became birds.

2. While the Bible says God cursed them to the ground to eat the dust for
all of their days.

Which one has more evidence ?

Nobody has presented the argument that birds evolved from LARGE reptiles. Dinosaurs like mammals were of many varying sizes From 15 inches long to well over 100 feet long. Where in the bible are Dino's mentioned? They must've skipped over that part in catholic school.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

You went to Catholic school ?
That does explain a few things.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

randyvs

You went to Catholic school ?
That does explain a few things.

How shocking that instead of addressing facts you mock me instead. Good for you. Par for the course at this stage I suppose. Why address facts that address the paradigm you've created for yourself? Catholic school or not, it doesn't alter the fact that you made another insane claim that was patently untrue and don't bother addressing it.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I am watching it atm and I just find it stupid, as Richard Dawkins said in one of his speeches when asked to show examples and observable evidence of evolution from one species to another.

Bacteria is bacteria person on OP video said, but forgot to mention that simple thing as flu is evolving and getting different year after year building defense to flew vaccine and medication... but that is adaptation, not evolution??

If we all are created, including chicken, how do you explain scientist experimenting with genes of the chicken, and turning long time not used genes to recreate dinosaurs?

Follow this link to see Ted's Talk by Jack Horner - Building a dinosaur from Chicken.

Would this be possible if there was no evolution from one specie to another one?

ps. Newest evidence show that even meteors have organic mater required to start life on planet... Follow link - Scientists Discover Organic Molecules on Sutter's Mill Meteorite

edit on 11-9-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

How shocking that instead of addressing facts you mock me instead. Good for you. Par for the course at this stage I suppose. Why address facts that address the paradigm you've created for yourself? Catholic school or not, it doesn't alter the fact that you made another insane claim that was patently untrue and don't bother addressing it.

Partner, apparently I can't even keep track of what Dinos are now.
I know at some point they were reptiles and they remained so long enough
for me to become quite comfortable with that. Then someone thought
they saw feathers, or just imagined they did and before you know it ?

The Dinos didn't go extinct at all ! Because they became birds.
But not before they were mammals.

QUACK !

edit on 11-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

randyvs

Partner, apparently I can't even keep track of what Dinos are now.
I know at some point they were reptiles and they remained so long enough
for me to become quite comfortable with that. Then someone thought
they saw feathers, or just imagined they did and before you know it ?

The Dinos didn't go extinct at all ! Because they became birds.
But not before they were mammals.

QUACK !

Yeah, it seems asthough it's a bit over your head randyvs

But that's ok, not everybody can understand everything

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Just pay close attention, Randy. You might learn something!

edit on 11-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

This has already been answered on many creation vs evolution threads, and as there are so many going it's rather hard to tell where one starts and another ends.

God wrote about dinosaurs in Job.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Ok, lots to address in your short post. 1. Scientists manipulating things is intelligence.

2. show me the chicken turning into a dino.

3. show me life evolving anywhere and not just speculating some meteor did it. I mean according to Darwin you and a banana are related.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

So, let me get this right. One of you pro-evolution guys like vlar cries everytime Randy gets a tad bit picky and snippy and yet it's ok for evolutionists to do it?

Either we can be snide, snappy, jackasses or not. People need to decide, because I'd really enjoy civil discussion without personal insults and ridicule.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

So, let me get this right. One of you pro-evolution guys like vlar cries everytime Randy gets a tad bit picky and snippy and yet it's ok for evolutionists to do it?

Either we can be snide, snappy, jackasses or not. People need to decide, because I'd really enjoy civil discussion without personal insults and ridicule.

Here is what Prezbo said:

Yeah, it seems asthough it's a bit over your head randyvs

But that's ok, not everybody can understand everything

Prezbo never called Randy snide or snappy or a jackass. You are putting words in his mouth in a poor effort to try and paint pro-evolutionists as bad guys. Nice try.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

This has already been answered on many creation vs evolution threads, and as there are so many going it's rather hard to tell where one starts and another ends.

This is one of those parts where your double standards show very clearly. You want all the answers regarding evolution before calling it a hoax and returning to your beloved theory that HAS no answers.

When we're finished examining evolution, let's go through the Bible and pick out all of those inconsistencies too.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

UnifiedSerenity

Thanks, I'm familiar with Job. However calling the behemoth a dinosaur is a stretch. You're inputting your mortal views on gods word no? If Job was written over a period of time encompassing at least 200 years, why did god take so long to write it? isn't he omnipotent? And if god wrote it why is it an near complete analogue of Ludlul bēl nēmeqi, an older Sumerian text? Also, if God wrote Job as you say, why along with Ecclesiastes, does it seem to dissent from the rest of the OT/Hebrew books? and finally, why is the Christian interpretation of Job superior to the traditional Hebrew view of it?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Ah, so you think an animal with a tail a 100 feet long describes something other than a dinosaur?

Ok.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Wow, you really can miss a point.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Wow, you really can miss a point.

What point? The point you tried to make about dinosaurs supposedly being referenced in the Bible, as though it were a noteworthy observation? Particularly given the rather strange implication that dinosaurs and humans lived side by side? And you apparently decided that was a good piece of support for your case.

I don't think I missed the point at all. In fact, I think you shot yourself in the foot. Again.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join