It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
reply to post by Amagnon

Your prediction of Syria Iran hitting everything oil related is pretty practical and possible. This will hurt the EU more than the US. It will really hurt the US allies like Saudi, Kuwait, UAE and Qatar.

However, just a phone call from Kremlin to Venezuela will stop the oil supplies to the US. Russia will not blockade anything, too bold of an action. They prefer to be behind the scenes where possible.

In the last 5 years, US has gained lots of self sufficiency in oil and by 2020 it will be a net oil exporter.

However, other scenarios like massive inflation will follow only after certain acts. US will not allow such acts and will threaten nuclear war the moment "one or two" such acts occur.

Better would be call from Kremlin to White House mentioning that Ruskies are going to supply Syria with really advanced stuff. Rest will be for US military to calculate and have a powerpoint presentation to the President. With outside help, Syria war can go on for long long time. Blowing ME in smokes while Russians will laugh all the way to the banks selling their oil and gas at 5 times the prices.

Stopping the oil flow will cripple the US - because the US dollar is supported by oil - thats the main demand for dollars, and with oil shutdown even for a couple of months the dollar will tank hard - and treasuries are already about dead in the water. Its an end move - and it might provoke a nuclear response, but as I said - who knows what these guys (Iranian and Syrian leadership) will dare - and the nuclear response will do nothing to prevent the US collapse.

You are quite correct that damage will not be restricted to the US - such a move will crush the global economy - but Iran and Syrian leaders might think the cost is worth seeing the US fall. The US is already teetering on the edge of a cliff - one quick shove will send it into the abyss.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Does Syria also have a "Samson Option" up its sleeve?

They may not have nukes (who knows, they even might), but if Israel has a Samson Option who says Syria doesnt also with all their chemical and Bio weapons?

Samson Option - basically, if it looks like we are going to be over-run, launch everything you have left against everyone you can reach....basically a suicide country!

The notion has not been mentioned in any discussions.....Syria knows it could not take on the West directly, so if it seems like they are going to be "Ghaddafi'ed", in their shoes....why not?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Let our position be absolutely clear: An attempt by any outside force to gain control of the Persian Gulf region will be regarded as an assault on the vital interests of the United States of America, and such an assault will be repelled by any means necessary, including military force.

Carter Doctrine

Right or Wrong, The US could have went to war any time they wanted to.

That "Doctrine" still stands. BTW, all leaders and Countries can be called criminal, because they all have blood on their hands. Don't make the US this one stop shop for evil Countries. Its intellectually dishonest.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Dollar tanking will actually help the US wipe off all its debts. It will be like a little poke of dental anesthesia injection that freezes up the area for final cure or removal of the decay. Then US can turn around and cancel dollar as a currency and come out with currency named say, Americana.

One thing is for sure, if war erupts in ME, then US allies are in for some hard beating and busting of their oil assets. These countries are the one's fueling civil war in Syria and were also active in Libya and Egypt. Evilness needs some judgement !!
edit on 26-8-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
The US is already teetering on the edge of a cliff - one quick shove will send it into the abyss.

It also sends China and Russia off that cliff. You do know almost EVERY Country is intertwined with the United States?

Jesus.........

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Russia has a fleet parked in Venezuela at the moment, and all US assets are being moved to the ME - Russia can additionally blockage oil from Venezuela

How is disputing this statement a straw man? Please though, tell me what kind of military experience you have that lets you know that they can utterly stop all oil exports from the region, or how long our oil supplies last (which by the way is more than "like a week", so at least get those facts straight first before you start going on about how they can so easily destroy the west).

Going through the Gulf isn't the only way that oil can flow, it's just the easiest way for it to go, which is why they go that way.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Somewhere I read that a SWARM of 14 Yakhont missiles fired simultaneously will kill the intended target with near surety. These KILLs include USN Aircraft Carriers or UKN Type 45 destroyers. These are very advanced assets under multilayer protection. Yakhonts will get to them however !!

Btw, do you know how many Y's can be bought for a million...........2.

So how many would $100M get........200.

Also, Y's can also be launched from a $50K speed boats. Very Mean Missiles !!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Don't make the US this one stop shop for evil Countries. Its intellectually dishonest.

Yep the US isn't the only country:

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores.

"The Saudis have been remarkably upfront and aggressive about Syria. They haven't been this open about supporting and army an opposition force since Afghanistan

www.upi.com...

Wasn't there threads on here about Syrian 'rebels' with their 'made in Saudi Arabia' chemical weapons ?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

The US is already teetering on the edge of a cliff - one quick shove will send it into the abyss.

It also sends China and Russia off that cliff. You do know almost EVERY Country is intertwined with the United States?

Jesus.........

I think China is in a better position then any when the US falls. I don't want this to happen, but realistically, the amount of land they have, and continue to buy, is astounding...most of it farmland too...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

The problem for them is this. Eminent domain.

Dont think the US wouldn't do it, especially if WW3 breaks out. That goes for all the lands owned by those here in the US, on foreign soil.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Absolutely the truth, but I was more talking about Africa and their ghost cities. I'm not worried about all the land in Canada and the US. If the government wants to take them back in time of war, they will if needed.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

China wants to keep its Military close to home. They have Taiwan, and Islands they want. Africa is a wet dream for the Chinese. You could see South Korea get attacked. Now will the Chinese help their NK brothers? They did in the past...... We are talking WW3 scenarios......

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

The P800 is a big threat to ships, but that's one reason that the defenses of a carrier include fighters out at a distance to intercept launching platforms, E-2s and E-3s to identify anything coming into the area that could launch them, and a layer of Aegis equipped ships. And now longer ranged missile systems for close in support instead of CIWS.

The USN couldn't stop every one of them, but they have a good chance of stopping most of them, unless it's a huge swarm. Now that the SeaRAM is installed on their ships, the P800 is less of a threat. As of 2003, in 10 scenarios, the SeaRAM was able to defeat Vandal target missiles (which fly at Mach 2.5, the same speed as the P800) in all 10. The tests with the Block 1 included sea skimming targets, diving targets, maneuvering targets, and stream targets. They achieved first shot kills every time. As of the time of that series of tests, they had fired 180 SeaRAM missiles, and hit over 95% of their targets.

The Block 2 is in testing. In October of 2012 two Block 2 missiles were fired at a target, with a direct hit on the target. The Block 2 improves kinematic performance, guidance, and airframe capabilities.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Zaph, really how hard would it be for the US to start outfitting some of its "hidden" tech it hasn't pulled out?

I have a funny feeling that the amount of black projects is astounding. Just think of how much money the US spends on the Military.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I know the black projects are astounding. I know of several that are either in testing or operational in some form or another. If the need arose, it wouldn't be hard to bring some of them at least into the grey world to use them in that region.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Like I said earlier. The Carter Doctrine is still alive.

That region is tinder box ready to burn. Someone used those weapons. I dont know who, but I dont know why the Arab States cant take care of this one.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The Arab States military is still somewhat overrated. Yes, they have great equipment (the Abrams, and F-15s/F-16s, etc), but they still have the problem of rank, and pride. They've improved a lot in recent years, but if it were to come down to a fight, I'm not sure I'd want them backing me up.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Of course a leader is going to vow to never be forced to step down, but unfortunately his time is short and unfortunately Syria WILL become another puppet state for the west.

People seem to underestimate the damage that Syria and Iran can cause should the US and criminal forces attack them.

They can cut off the flow of oil - that will crush the US dollar almost immediately - the US will fall in months.

What part of "Oil" do you think this action would end with. The end game would certainly not stop with anyone shutting anything off, it continues to a very bad scenario, and exposes the real agenda that we want to unfold. This is not a consideration if the US really does get into this. It scares the # out of me.

Your concerns are a bit vague - anyhow I'll address the oil situation.

Syria and Iran can hit everything oil related from Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi, Iraq and so on. They can also close Hormus, and threaten shipping through the Suez - they can literally turn off oil flow from the ME.

Russia has a fleet parked in Venezuela at the moment, and all US assets are being moved to the ME - Russia can additionally blockage oil from Venezuela - US strategic oil supplies last like a week. Then gas stops flowing in the US - people start starving - and they will know it is the US govt and financial cronies that caused the disaster.

The domestic chaos would only be part of the problem - with no oil flow, and severe internal disruptions - the backing for the dollar has just vanished, there is no longer oil demand to support the dollar - and everyone would take the opportunity to dump US treasuries - especially China, and Japan would have no choice but to do so.

The US would go into massive inflation, headed for hyperinflation as well as have a crushed bond market, sky high interest rates, a smashed stock market and collapsing real estate prices. It would be the end.

Now, even if the US responded with nukes it would be meaningless - if the ports and pipelines are already destroyed there is nothing the US could do at that point to gain an upper hand - they are literally wiped out.

This is not a game of Risk. This is the U.S. you are talking about. You must be too young to know what we have been through in the past, or to naive to contemplate all of all the other possibilities that exist in this scenario. Basically, the rest of the world is in deep # without us, so it is not going to go down the way you envision it, but I have to give you a few points for imaginative thinking. We are way beyond this kind of domino game, but one thing that is really true, is we need to stay the hell out of this, for internal reasons, not external.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I agree to a point it is a tinder box ready for a match to be lit, the reason is to bring the US er west in there , the whom is not important rebels/ Assad does not matter , what matters is that we stay the heck out of it!!!! Yes it is a sad thing for them er anyone to go through , sadder still to cause more deaths is a 3rd world war -military-intervention-action-syria-without-un-violates-law-russia-lavrov here is link www.france24.com... we the west have done so well to bring stability in all our war spats...not

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Agree.

We need to stay the hell out of it.

But...... do we have buyers remorse, like Rwanda, Bosnia, etc........? Something needs to be done. I would hope those in the Middle East can handle their own conflicts but "religion" certain "sects" in the religion have heavy sway in making those decisions. Plus animosity towards Petrol Nations and those without.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join