It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name's Nick Pope and I used to run the British Government's UFO project, Ask Me Anything

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
welcome Mr. Pope,
I just have one question ,
Would you tell us something important pertaining to Ufo origin and the future of humanity?
that is if you have something you would like to get off your chest?
and thank you for participating I look forward to reading your responses!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageman
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

You only need to click on the top left part of the post where it says reply to post by to see the original post.

As you can in this post to see your post I am replying to.
edit on 26/8/13 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

Well thats rather smashing is that. I didnt know thank you.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
hello mr pope ,fellow brit here with many many questions but ill keep it simple

nov 1990 my wife and i witnessed a huge triangular flying thing literally a foot above our roof top moving at about 5mph ..we contacted raf manston ..nothing ,then the belgium airforce scrambled jets to intercept over the english channel ..i later found out this is what is known as the tr3b amongst many ..my questions are thus
what do you know about the tr3b
what part does the uk play in this technology
and finally is it from alien technology ?

many thanks for popping in here .

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hi Nick, I've seen and admired you throughout the years
for you level headed stance and passion for all things Aerial &Unidentified.
So thank you for taking the time to talk to us.
And ATS is AWESOME for getting you here!

My question is, what are your thoughts on very large triangular uFO's ?
I say "uFO" because it's my contention the USAF and others have built these
black project craft, some as large as 1/2 mile across. And therefore unidentified
to the public but known to some, hence the little "u".
Way more fun than simply "black projects".

I believe that these craft are something like a giant video screen, able to project
whats around the craft to any of its sides, thereby rendering it" invisible".
Also I think the craft can move around lights at will. And perhaps,
through perspective, make it appear as if the craft left the scene at ridiculous speeds.
All the while, still floating there quietly, & completely hidden.

Like this El Paso Tx UFO
www.youtube.com...
that was so poorly debunked on the SyFy TV
series Fact or Faked . I almost wrote letters haha.
They had to freeze frame their video of night time skydivers to simulate the triangle uFO.
Had the video continued another second the triangle would have fallen apart.
They of course didn't, and instead saved their debunking till the last second the show aired.
Going out freeze framed.

Why hide it? I know why. Its military.
White Sands Missle range is right around the corner in El Paso Tx.
(my hometown btw, my grandfather was a SAC wing commander & B52 pilot)
Maybe Syfy was debunking for the military? But why?
It seems as if the military is doing these encounters on purpose .
Maybe they are getting a read on population vigilance and reaction aftermath ?
I don't know..it's weird, but they could just turn the damn lights off, right?

Point is, these triangles are ripe for disclosure.
There are too many similar accounts to hide it much longer I think
but who knows ?

More examples;
The EL Paso uFO is so similar to a recent Florida case (that I will look for and post)
as well as the Tinley Park Illinois cases, and the Phoenix giant " V " OF '97
or even the the mother craft in the infamous Jerusalem UFO,
there's too many now, something's gotta give haha!
So whatcha think?

Thanks again for being here.
This is soo fun!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Poveglia

Until such time as a craft operating in UK airspace can be identified, I think there's a good case to be made for saying that it should be regarded as a "potential threat". Any unauthorized intrusion into the UKADR is, in of itself, a defense and national security issue. All nations take the territorial integrity of their airspace extremely seriously. None of this means we necessarily think we're dealing with extraterrestrials, and if you'll forgive a sound-bite I've often used, the mindset was "more likely Russian than Martian".

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickPope
there's the point that such technology is doubtless capable of weaponization.

which goes somewhat hand in hand with Maxmar's early mention of the Brookings Report from years back.

my question would be... is it / could it be more an energy source, as opposed to weaponry, that would 'scare' the .govs/corps of the world beyond that of a petroleum-based 'dry up'. (?)

i mean ... it would only seem 'logical' that any interstellar-based propulsion system would have to utilize some sort of 'free' or 'near-free' energy configuration. (?)... as in, they're not carrying 'coal cars'.

(???)

thoughts?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NickPope

Welcome to ATS, Mr. Pope, and thanks for taking the time to talk to us.

That said, do you feel that anyone here should expect you to disclose or confirm any information we are not aware of yet, or isn't already in the open?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

The closest thing there is to any official plan for 'first contact' is the SETI community’s “Declaration of Principles Concerning the Conduct of the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence”. This revised document was unanimously adopted by the SETI Permanent Study Group of the International Academy of Astronautics on September 30, 2010. It states that “In the case of the confirmed detection of a signal, signatories to this declaration will not respond without first seeking guidance and consent of a broadly representative international body, such as the United Nations”. However, none of this covers METI and in any case, the agreement is between individuals and non-governmental organisations, not between States. And needless to say, it doesn't cover other scenarios such as the archetypal landing on the White House lawn!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Greetings Mr. Pope,

Your appearance on ATS is just in time for all eyes on ISON. Is Earth expecting guests ?

(post by hp1229 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

1) How many market years advanced, is the tech that many 1st world governments/military's develop in top secret? Is there a relatively lot of money invested in these programs and how much percentage would you say is weapons verses other potential scientific,technological and medical innovations? For example, cloning, eugenics, futuristic energy, AI, cyborg/android...

2) Are you aware, or is anyone aware of any particular individual, or groups of individuals that undoubtedly and objectively have the most worldly power? Is there an overarching idea of an ideal of a plan to how the future (next 30-100 years and then beyond) will shape out and powerful people who see it as their duty to shape it into their opinionated best, or a group of peoples decided best?

3) What are the most honest and unbiased odds that an intelligent alien life form has been on this planet or in its atmosphere, in the past 100 years?

link   

Obviously you worked for the M.O.D and the key word being defence , was the UFO desk set up to look at UFO's for anything the government could use in a military sense. Why else would the military be looking into UFO's ?

link   
Hi Nick great to see you on here.

I have noticed (and made a thread regarding the following a little while back) that the BBC have been putting an awful lot of effort into filling their children's channel 'Cebeebies' with a ton of alien/UFO propaganda, a show which my children consequently watch often.

What I want to know is: Does this come as no surprise to you? And are they pushing this out to our children to condition them because perhaps the next generation will be 'THEE' generation in which disclosure is undertaken?

Thanks,

Chris.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Welcome to courage in wonderland Mr. Pope.

Two questions.

Do you know of any agency that is infamously called Men in Black that keeps a lid on UFO secrets either in the US or UK?

Do we have the technology to create artificial earthquakes and tsunamis.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Mr Pope: Are you a disinformation agent? Do you believe they (whatever they are) are going to make contact soon? What governments know about UFOs that we don't and should? My respects to you.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

If the mindset was "they are more likely Russian than Martian", then why did you investigate abduction cases and abductees?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Hello Mr. Pope and thank you for your time.

My question would be about the 5% of unexplainable cases. I watched a few of your interviews and it appears that most people are scratching their heads on these. Which would seem to indicate that its not us. I know your stance on extradimensional beings and aliens.

However given our current path of technology and the breakthroughs were are currently making would you be willing to consider the possibility of time travelers??? And the second part of my question is what is the most confusing/amazing piece of evidence in the 5% of cases that had no explanation?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by NickPope
reply to post by Crakeur

In my opinion some of the most interesting and compelling sightings in the last 10 years include the 2006 sightings from Chicago O'Hare Airport, pilot Ray Bowyer's 2007 sighting near the Channel Islands ,and the 2008 sightings from Stephenville, Texas.

For those not aware, there's a very detailed thread on AboveTopSecret.com about the O'Hare sighting, including the only photo that has not been debunked.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting Discussion: Pictures, Witnesses, and Analysis

Skeptic Overlord --

As I posted almost 6 years ago in that O'Hare thread...

Compare the O'Hare image you posted:

To a very similar image that was taken in June of 2006 (according to the blog (albeit he blog is written in Japanese), 5 months before the November 2006 O'Hare incident, showing planes stacked up for landing at O'Hare (the lights in the sky are planes on approach for landing):

Image Source (scroll down to the bottom of the page)

I translated the Japanese blog using "Google Translate", and while it isn't a great translation, it is evident that the Japanese blogger took this picture of planes on approach at O'hare:

Translation:
And to say that it 's eat too much indeed, to walk outside the hotel after dinner. The number of takeoff and landing so near the O'Hare International Airport in the U.S. one, and take a picture of the airplane. Photos, plane taking off in the sunset of columns and airplane landing town leading to the sky.
If he didn't actually take the picture, it was at least posted on his blog in June of 2006 -- prior to the O'Hare sighting.

I think these two images are too similar to just be a coincidence. I think it is possible that the image you posted could have been a doctored version of the one I posted from the Japanese blog.

Here is an overlay comparison GIF:

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread, but if Mr. Pope was going to respond to the image you posted, I was wondering if he also came across the image from the Japanese blog that I posted during any personal investigation of the O'Hare incident that he may have done, and if during that investigation he came across the Japanese blog image that I posted? If so, does Mr. Pope think the Japanese image may have been the possible source of O'Hare image you posted -- which means that O'Hare UFO image may have been doctored.

edit on 8/26/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hi Nick,

Got one for you...

When the RAF receive calls of a UFO at what point do they decide to send out fighters and helicopters? Would they wait till the last second/report/call to go out, so as not to draw potentially unwanted attention, or is it always public safety first?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I do not regard the case for extraterrestrial visitation to have been conclusively proven and I disagree with most of the conspiracy theories on the subject.

Therefore, can you share your perspectives on the matter of 'interdimensional' based non-human interactions with the human race? Do you consider such as existing and valid, and did the superior elements of the Dod also to your knowledge?

Thank you for your time if you opt to address this.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join