It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acharya S Watch: Josue V. Harari and the “Castrated and Crucified Attis”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

racasan
reply to post by undo

Oh sure no problem
who couldn’t believe a story about a Jewish wizard that makes a magic garden and puts a man made out of mud and a woman made out of ribs and a magic apple tree in it and even though he is all knowing total fails to spot the talking snake who convinces the rib woman to eat a magic apple and so the Jewish wizard has to have himself nailed to some wood 2000 years later so he can get himself to forgive himself for whatever rule it was he feels was broken in the first place

What’s not to believe?

Wow, you really never have studied what the bible really says have you? You seem to be stuck on fables. There was no rib but a curve which alludes to DNA double helix, there was no apple and since they used fig leaves, it's more likely they were near a fig tree which makes since as there are the good figs and bad figs spiritually speaking, there was no snake, but a Nachash which is a shining one. So, since you are error about all those things, then maybe you are in error about the work of salvation Yeshua performed on your behalf. A thank you would do nicely, but I doubt we will hear one anytime soon.

Have you ever wondered that the hatred you feel and exhibit towards Yeshua is all from social programming and ignorant "Christians" who have really upset you? I bet you work with hypocrites everyday and yet you wont' call them out or damn their thoughts and traditions as long as they aren't Christians. Your hatred is well programmed, and certainly was not what God meant for your life. You really are loved more than you could ever know.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Some weird stuff is going on... Why is the moon in the wrong place and turned? Wars, famine, animals dying, disasters all increasing:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

UnifiedSerenity

racasan
reply to post by undo

Oh sure no problem
who couldn’t believe a story about a Jewish wizard that makes a magic garden and puts a man made out of mud and a woman made out of ribs and a magic apple tree in it and even though he is all knowing total fails to spot the talking snake who convinces the rib woman to eat a magic apple and so the Jewish wizard has to have himself nailed to some wood 2000 years later so he can get himself to forgive himself for whatever rule it was he feels was broken in the first place

What’s not to believe?

Wow, you really never have studied what the bible really says have you? You seem to be stuck on fables. There was no rib but a curve which alludes to DNA double helix, there was no apple and since they used fig leaves, it's more likely they were near a fig tree which makes since as there are the good figs and bad figs spiritually speaking, there was no snake, but a Nachash which is a shining one. So, since you are error about all those things, then maybe you are in error about the work of salvation Yeshua performed on your behalf. A thank you would do nicely, but I doubt we will hear one anytime soon.

So because you know the story is complete nonsense you have had to add stuff to it to make it look more presentable – if I asked you to prove any of that could you*?

*Hint I have read the bible and I know you cannot

Have you ever wondered that the hatred you feel and exhibit towards Yeshua is all from social programming and ignorant "Christians" who have really upset you? I bet you work with hypocrites everyday and yet you wont' call them out or damn their thoughts and traditions as long as they aren't Christians. Your hatred is well programmed, and certainly was not what God meant for your life. You really are loved more than you could ever know.

I don’t hate Yeshua for the same reason I don’t hate Skeletor

And just to be clear I grew up in a very secular country and never did any religious stuff growing up – this is why I can see your myth is just the same as every other myth out there

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
well the word nachash is serpent. it does mean, shining one. since it was talking, that means a shining one, not a snake, was talking to eve. see how easy that was? it's callled translation error with a smidgen of metaphor tossed in
edit on 8-10-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

undo
well the word nachash is serpent. it does mean, shining one. since it was talking, that means a shining one, not a snake, was talking to eve. see how easy that was? it's callled translation error with a smidgen of metaphor tossed in

oh ok, so lets take another look

A talking snake >or< this shiny mustache person snuck in the all know Jewish wizards garden (without the all know Jewish wizard knowing about it) and got the woman made out of ribs eat the magic apple which meant the Jewish wizard had to impregnate himself into some bronze age teenager so he could be nailed to some wood so he could get himself to forgive himself for the apple scrumping thing

Riiiight, I have to be honest that doesn’t really didn’t help with plausibility thing

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

racasan

undo

A talking snake >or< this shiny mustache person snuck in the all know Jewish wizards garden (without the all know Jewish wizard knowing about it) and got the woman made out of ribs eat the magic apple which meant the Jewish wizard had to impregnate himself into some bronze age teenager so he could be nailed to some wood so he could get himself to forgive himself for the apple scrumping thing

Riiiight, I have to be honest that doesn’t really didn’t help with plausibility thing

actually, the wizard wasn't jewish as jew is the description of a person from a single tribe out of 12 tribes. that is, the tribe of judah, which didn't come along until there was an israel, which didn't come along until there was a jacob, and jacob didn't come along tlil there was an isaac, and none of them came along til after noah. eve was referred to in sumerian texts as lady of the rib. observe:

Now the Sumerian word for "rib" is ti (pronounced "tee"). The goddess created for the healing of Enki's rib, therefore was called in Sumerian Nin-ti, "the lady of the rib." But the very same Sumerian word ti also means "to make live." The name Nin-ti may thus mean "the lady who makes live," as well as "the lady of the rib." In Sumerian literature, therefore, "the lady of the rib" came to be identified with "the lady who makes live" through what might be termed a play on words. (Kramer, Mythologies 103)

you are familar with samuel noah kramer, yes?
the lady who makes live, is referred to in biblical texts as "the mother of all living"

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

undo

racasan

undo

actually, the wizard wasn't jewish as jew is the description of a person from a single tribe out of 12 tribes. that is, the tribe of judah, which didn't come along until there was an israel, which didn't come along until there was a jacob, and jacob didn't come along tlil there was an isaac, and none of them came along til after noah. eve was referred to in sumerian texts as lady of the rib. observe:

Now the Sumerian word for "rib" is ti (pronounced "tee"). The goddess created for the healing of Enki's rib, therefore was called in Sumerian Nin-ti, "the lady of the rib." But the very same Sumerian word ti also means "to make live." The name Nin-ti may thus mean "the lady who makes live," as well as "the lady of the rib." In Sumerian literature, therefore, "the lady of the rib" came to be identified with "the lady who makes live" through what might be termed a play on words. (Kramer, Mythologies 103)

So the only part of the story you have a problem with is the nationality of the wizard – ok

you are familar with samuel noah kramer, yes?
the lady who makes live, is referred to in biblical texts as "the mother of all living"

oh so you aren’t a Christian – right?

If this is the Sitchin thing – I have read all the books and while I found it entertaining I wasn’t convinced – still its interesting stuff
edit on 8-10-2013 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

yes i'm a christian, although i think his identity is confused in the old testament. well, not confused, rather, compacted, combined.

kramer is not related to sitchin's work. sitchin was a guy that came along and wrote a series of books about his translation of sumerian texts. there were already translations of sumerian texts before sitchin came along. in fact, kramer, who was the first assyriologist to decipher sumerian cuneiform, was one of the first to write about the subject.

i agree with the op: the story in the garden is not about a talking snake, it's about the creation of people via dna. the wizard wasn't a magician but rather, a geneticist.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
quote about him from wikipedia

He enrolled at Dropsie College of Philadelphia for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, and became passionately interested in Egyptology

THAT always happens when people start studying these subjects heavily. when you start following the cookie crumb trail, it goes to some interesting places.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

his books are available on line - thanks you may have given me my first reading material for my new ebook reader

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

racasan
reply to post by undo

his books are available on line - thanks you may have given me my first reading material for my new ebook reader

np. can you do a book review of "myths of enki, the crafty god"?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i don't think i can
i have found:
Sumerian Mythology By Samuel Noah Kramer
and
the Sumerians By Samuel Noah Kramer

your 'Myths of Enki: The Crafty God' is still under copy write and the only version I can see available is a hard back copy on amazon for about £450 - that's about $700

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

racasan
reply to post by undo

i don't think i can
i have found:
Sumerian Mythology By Samuel Noah Kramer
and
the Sumerians By Samuel Noah Kramer

your 'Myths of Enki: The Crafty God' is still under copy write and the only version I can see available is a hard back copy on amazon for about £450 - that's about $700

Ouch indeed. Try an inter library loan.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Yes ouch

The inter library ideas ok but I live in the middle of a Scandinavian forest so getting stuff like this can turn into a massive hassle – but I have two of the books so I suppose I can get a sense of what the guy is writing about

any way thanks for the suggestion

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join