It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto executives and insiders are dumping Monsanto stock in record volumes, sending the stock pri

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Thanks for posting this. I don't care where it came from or what is behind it, for once. I'm so sick of the lies we're fed in our dailies - all I want people to remember from this article is the proverbial 'seed' that was planted: monsanto execs are either scamming, running, or both.
If this is the actions of their head honchos, how trustworthy are they when seemingly in charge of our food.
Looking forward to forwarding this one.

I saw a post on youtube I thought was proactive, and common sense.
Want those gmo foods labeled at your grocery store?
Want a gmo-free section?
Don't want them at all?
Fill out those customer cards at the major store chains.
They say they want to know what their customers think.
Turn the tables. Tell them like it is.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Now watch what happens to food prices. Those that increase are obviously related to Monsanto.
But how many of those foods, at that time, are previously considered ORGANIC?

Ya just got to laugh sometimes!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

www.naturalnews.com

Monsanto executives and insiders are dumping Monsanto stock in record volumes, sending the stock price spiralling downward. CEO Hugh Grant just sold off 40,000 shares at $97.74, and both Janet Holloway and Gerald Steiner -- both high-level Monsanto executives -- recently ditched more than 10,000 shares each. Tom Hartley also bailed on another 6,000 shares at $100.15. (See sources below.)

Hedge funds, meanwhile, are also dumping Monsanto stock, most likely due to sharply increased "negative sentiment." This means people increasingly don't like Monsanto

Learn more: www.naturalnews....
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-8-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

Is that Hugh Grant from 4 Weddings & a Funeral?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Maybe this is why the Nasdaq Halts All Trading it was to stop

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you own any of these ?? get out now

www.morningstar.com...

edit on 23-8-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think if you do some research you will find that CEOs and "high up" executives in most publicly held company's which enrich their peeps by stock options (less taxes) are all cashing in this summer. When every person in the entire world paying attention to what is going on knows that our stock market is fixing to loose 25%-30% or more, maybe much more, it only makes sense that the intelligent people are actually making preparations. I have a good friend who works for a fortune 100 company and was a couple of months ago in a meeting with reps from dozens of other fortune 100 companies, they are ALL preparing to hunker down and bunker themselves from what is inevitably coming. Monsanto is not worried about public sentiment, it's worried that America can't by all it's crops in order to feed the world as its been doing for the past handful of decades.
edit on 24-8-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Monsanto is but one of them, Simplot is now trying to get their GM potato's on board with Mcdonalds.

The thing is, if we do not want GMO's, than don't buy it, that is the best answer to GMO and the best action we can undertake against these corporations.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

That's what I think - Monsanto is cashing out - only to come back on some other name.

They have the US gov't protection -

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

This, the name is associated with evil, change name, pull out a new "green" company and all will work out.
The idea that Monsanto gives up lol.

Edit: People aren't getting more awared, tell people to stop eating kellocks ( the cereal) Because those are loaded with GMOs
edit on 24-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000

....and pray tell? Will they be too big to prosecute when the public learns what insider info has them all jumping like their butts are on fire? I'm thinking so...given the overlap chart of Government to Monsanto.

United We Stand....against Frankenfood! ! If only we could hope this signaled real downfall for their company. We couldn't be so lucky though. We've done nothing to deserve such a pure gift.

You realize that insiders trade stock all the time right? That is why it gets carried by articles, blogs and newspapers. Because legally, they all have to be disclosed!

Often in the 10k share range like this, having a meaning a variety of things. It's not "Insider trading" as long as it's disclosed, and it's done properly, otherwise an executive would not be allowed to trade in their own stock.

You guys are hilarious sometimes... You can see all the inside trades (which are legal and publicly disclosed):

Aug 6, 2013 STERN MICHAEL K
Officer
10,000 Direct Statement of Ownership N/A
Aug 6, 2013 FRANK MICHAEL J
Officer
2,415 Indirect Statement of Ownership N/A
Aug 6, 2013 FRANK MICHAEL J
Officer
5,000 Direct Statement of Ownership N/A
Aug 6, 2013 STERN MICHAEL K
Officer
16 Indirect Statement of Ownership N/A
Jul 26, 2013 CHICOINE DAVID L
Director
24 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $100.51 per share. 2,412
Jul 26, 2013 MOELLER JON R
Director
12 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $100.51 per share. 1,206
Jul 26, 2013 IPSEN LAURA K
Director
15 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $100.51 per share. 1,507
Jul 26, 2013 STEVENS ROBERT J
Director
188 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $100.51 per share. 18,895
Jul 26, 2013 PARFET WILLIAM U
Director
180 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $100.51 per share. 18,091
Jul 26, 2013 KING GWENDOLYN S
Director
145 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $100.51 per share. 14,573
Jul 26, 2013 HARPER ARTHUR H
Director
38 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $100.51 per share. 3,819
Jul 26, 2013 BOYCE GREGORY H
Director
2 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $100.51 per share. 201
Jul 26, 2013 POSTE GEORGE
Director
109 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $100.51 per share. 10,955
Jul 26, 2013 FIELDS JANICE L
Director
56 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $100.51 per share. 5,628
Jul 26, 2013 MCMILLAN CHARLES S
Director
180 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $100.51 per share. 18,091
Jul 19, 2013 STEINER GERALD A
Officer
11,293 Direct Option Exercise at $58.71 per share. 663,012
Jul 19, 2013 STEINER GERALD A
Officer
12,293 Direct Automatic Sale at $104 per share. 1,278,472
Jul 10, 2013 MIZELL STEVEN
Officer
80 Direct Sale at $101.70 per share. 8,136
Jul 9, 2013 HARTLEY TOM D
Officer
6,000 Direct Option Exercise at $16.19 per share. 97,140
Jul 9, 2013 HARTLEY TOM D
Officer
6,000 Direct Automatic Sale at $100.15 per share. 600,900
Jul 8, 2013 HOLLOWAY JANET M
Officer
10,700 Direct Automatic Sale at $98.80 per share. 1,057,160
Jul 8, 2013 HOLLOWAY JANET M
Officer
10,700 Direct Option Exercise at $29.22 per share. 312,654
Jul 3, 2013 GRANT HUGH
Officer
40,000 Direct Automatic Sale at $97.74 per share. 3,909,600

finance.yahoo.com...

The article (as Natural News frequently does) is manipulating available data and trying to say something is there in an empty field. There has been about 12 Mil shares sold off in the last year. About the exact same number of PepsiCo shares that were sold off (which is nearly the same price). And I am guessing, you will probably find that across the board by many of the higher ups.

Which means maybe they are out buying up real estate while numbers are low, maybe they all want liquidity, maybe they all know stocks are gonna take a hit. Who knows? I sure don't claim to...

Although with a company this size it's not like they are sending out life rafts because of it.

edit on 24-8-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
I think if you do some research you will find that CEOs and "high up" executives in most publicly held company's which enrich their peeps by stock options (less taxes) are all cashing in this summer. When every person in the entire world paying attention to what is going on knows that our stock market is fixing to loose 25%-30% or more, maybe much more, it only makes sense that the intelligent people are actually making preparations. I have a good friend who works for a fortune 100 company and was a couple of months ago in a meeting with reps from dozens of other fortune 100 companies, they are ALL preparing to hunker down and bunker themselves from what is inevitably coming. Monsanto is not worried about public sentiment, it's worried that America can't by all it's crops in order to feed the world as its been doing for the past handful of decades.
edit on 24-8-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: Spelling

Finally someone who gets it in this thread. ATS is a little embarrassing whenever there's financial dealings and a name like Monsanto is attached to it. Instantly everyone has to accuse a dozen unsubstantiated accusations out of their hat simply because of the pariah status.

Hugh Grant, the CEO and poster boy for Monsanto did indeed dump about half his stock this year. Cashing in a cool 40 million.

Grant makes around 15 Million a year, including bonuses, which leads me to believe this was just a well calculated time to cash in.

The stock was trading at a measly $50 2 years ago, so if he's been piling up his stock to trade it close to $100, he probably earned a lot more than if he had took a payout at the time of receiving it, so it seems more like knowing when to cash your paycheck rather than anything else.

The rest of the trades are on par with other organizations similar in size and scope.

I guess the real irony here is that FMR, LLC ... Vanguard Group, Inc. (The), and State Street Corporation are the major share holders. Which is funny because if you search all three, you see they all have majority holdings in each other.

It's kinda like a bunch of race car drivers at the track and they all own each other's cars. But the really ironic part, since they are all investment firms they handle mutual funds and other investing business, they are probably managing a good number of people's savings and investments (should they have them).... so, the whole "they are evil" lines.... A good number of those people ought to look in the mirror.

Throw in JP Morgan Chase into that mix too by the way.
edit on 24-8-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Really? Ya think? Do they really trade stock on a daily basis and in a legal way? Whoda thunk it. (sigh)

Now on this one? I was reading the OP with terms like 'record volumes' and 'spiraling downward' and 'negative sentiment'. It also has just a teeny bit too do with the fact I dislike Monsanto enough to have protested their headquarters some 200 miles away, personally. You ought to see the St Louis HQ sometime. It has more in common with the CIA at Langley than it does a mild mannered corporate center.

Perhaps natural news made a tempest in a teapot with it and it wouldn't be the first time for that source. Still, I think the presentation of the story was reasonable to infer something SLIGHTLY beyond the normal, day to day background trading was occurring here. At the very least, the writer presenting it sure thought so..and offered a few examples to support that hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Humanity has been growing crops organically for thousands of years. Why do we need Gmos anyway? The reasons given for creating gmos is totally bogus. Nothing these crops are supposed to do actually work. Why screw with something that took nature millions of years to perfect? This is a extreme and dangerous case of doing to much.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The funny thing is if you are against GMO's, you are a dirty, Eco-terrorist hippy. All rubbish. Its the fact that their products will eventually limit our selections and I really think that goes against what we are here in the US. Freedom of choice. I think their Corn is a crime against humanity but I can see where engineering might e a good thing if done responsibly and by those who are in it for the good of us all. I am seeing soooo many new Organic and Labeled Non-GMO products in mainstream stores these days that it's going to be a big punch to Monsanto soon enough. People want to Boycott the supermarkets and that confuses me. The best way to protest gmo's is by buying the non gmo products so that it becomes financially beneficial for the stores to stock them. Money speaks louder than words.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is a 4 Min. Synopsis of the GMO/Monsanto issue!
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This shows me that there may be some upcoming news about flaws in their technology. The execs are trying to make sure they have some more personal money in their coffers. It is possibly that the government has found some bad evidence that it has to release, giving some people a heads up through leaks. It is not inside trading if the execs sell their stocks because of advanced knowledge, they are exempt from this law.

I'd watch this more, something may be coming to light in the future. I just hope that they did not screw up our ability to sustain real food production in the future. It is strange how a corporation can screw up a whole lot and the execs are not held accountable because there was no verified proof that was accepted by the government to show that their food was causing problems. Verified evidence and accepted are the key words here.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Now on this one? I was reading the OP with terms like 'record volumes' and 'spiraling downward' and 'negative sentiment'. It also has just a teeny bit too do with the fact I dislike Monsanto enough to have protested their headquarters some 200 miles away, personally.

My point I tried to lay out in a previous post. Simply because its an emotionally charged subject, Natural News gets away with lying or twisting the facts.

So did PepsiCo sell off 12 million inside shares because it's "spiralling downward", and has "negative sentiment" towards it, or perhaps NN is just misrepresenting the facts like always...

You ought to see the St Louis HQ sometime. It has more in common with the CIA at Langley than it does a mild mannered corporate center.

Biotech companies need stringent security measures because of nut jobs, there is a long recorded history of radicals sabotaging or trying to cause major infrastructure damage too them, etc. If that's what you're referring to.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
This shows me that there may be some upcoming news about flaws in their technology. The execs are trying to make sure they have some more personal money in their coffers. It is possibly that the government has found some bad evidence that it has to release, giving some people a heads up through leaks. It is not inside trading if the execs sell their stocks because of advanced knowledge, they are exempt from this law.

With that logic this means my iPhone 5 is about to implode on itself since apple sold twice as many shares off through insider trades than Monsanto! (And they are worth 5 times as much!!)

Net Shares Purchased
(Sold) (29,136,300)

Or perhaps economic data suggests the entire market is suffering so people have been pulling out their wealth tied up in stocks and moving it into other types of investment, or keeping it liquid.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Must be my avatar 😂

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Apple stock can crumble to nothing in a week if investors lose faith in it or something is found to be corrupt in the company. I have seen many corporations crumble in my lifetime, some going from a hundred bucks a share to par value within days. The stocks values are based on belief, not reality as they were long ago. Stock value used to be based on value of a companies assets. Most corporations have little assets today, not a penny on a dollar of their stock value.

This is reality, even most of the stock we own is like this today, and it had a real good asset value thirty years ago. The stock market today plays with estimated growth potential, that is something that is not real.

I have lost money in the stock market even after doing extensive research on the company. I found out after the company flopped that the company leased everything and had no real value, they lost their contracts and the growing company fizzled. So I lost a grand on an investment so I researched more finding that many companies have no real value.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Great News that proves the theory of how to take down the Money Monsters...hit them in the wallet.

Now we just have to hit the government wallet to get them to stop funding endless agencies the public obviously contends with. Too bad nobody knows how to 'un'volunteer from our voluntary tax system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join