It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto executives and insiders are dumping Monsanto stock in record volumes, sending the stock pri

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
www.naturalnews.com

Monsanto executives and insiders are dumping Monsanto stock in record volumes, sending the stock price spiralling downward. CEO Hugh Grant just sold off 40,000 shares at $97.74, and both Janet Holloway and Gerald Steiner -- both high-level Monsanto executives -- recently ditched more than 10,000 shares each. Tom Hartley also bailed on another 6,000 shares at $100.15. (See sources below.)

Hedge funds, meanwhile, are also dumping Monsanto stock, most likely due to sharply increased "negative sentiment." This means people increasingly don't like Monsanto

Learn more: www.naturalnews....
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-8-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
One can only hope this is the beginning of the demise of Monsanto. Their shares have dropped in value about fifteen percent since the March Against Monsanto earlier this year.
I think people are becoming more aware and do not want GMO foods pushed down their throats.
The company has a history of underarm tactics and misinformation campaigns..

www.naturalnews.com

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think the 'idea' of GMO is not a bad one but the way they do business forcing people and farmers to buy their products while bankrupting anyone who stands in their way will be their downfall.

There need to be many years of testing before anyone would accept what they are selling. Trying to take the farming world by force was never going to work.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Great News that proves the theory of how to take down the Money Monsters...hit them in the wallet.

Now the problem we have is how much damage has been done to our food chain and is it reversible? And if it is, how many generations of re-growth will it take for the poisons to be removed by nature?

This is of course on the assumption that Monsanto will fall...and will they rise under another disguise?

It's a start anyways...

Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

....and pray tell? Will they be too big to prosecute when the public learns what insider info has them all jumping like their butts are on fire? I'm thinking so...given the overlap chart of Government to Monsanto.

United We Stand....against Frankenfood! ! If only we could hope this signaled real downfall for their company. We couldn't be so lucky though. We've done nothing to deserve such a pure gift.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Really?

Stock price: MON (NYSE)$96.31+0.06 (+0.06%)
Aug 23, 3:51 PM EDT

No big signs on drop as suggested by OP.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Thank for reply...The drop I was referring to was this year. What period of time are you looking at.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What if they are dumping stock a la Martha Stewart/K Mart? Maybe the higher-ups in Monsanto know that some damning may be coming out soon, like that their products may have instigated colony collapse in the bees, or that there is an increased risk of cancer, etc. I can't see that they would dump stock like this when their product is so ubiquitous and ever-reaching, as well as politicians helping them out at every corner.

It just doesn't make sense if there wasn't already a sharp downturn in the stock price prior to the sell-off.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

There is some good info here, more details. It seems related to
Hedge Funds.
www.insidermonkey.com...

In any case, I am united with my fellow food freedom patriots, and join them
awaiting for the demise of GMO transgene crops. Check out the movie in my
signature, it is one of the best ever, sheer damnation to Monsanto and its ilk.
edit on 23-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It has actually doubled over the past two years.

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

It is the Hedge funds that are falling...

Monsanto Company (NYSE:MON) has had one of the most up-and-down years of the stocks we track. Shares of the ag behemoth have been unable to get on a run in 2013, as constant drama over GMOs seems to be hitting the newswires daily. With that in mind, it appears that some hedge funds want nothing to do with it.
Read more at www.insidermonkey.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Please always remember this is what the author "wants" to tell you.....

I suspect that it the self-fulfilling properties they seek to exploit. Tell someone something bad so enough people begin to propagate what in reality is only what you want to have happen. Just like election-politics (so-and-so can't possibly win - don't vote for him/her)... er, maybe just like anything having to do with people who deal in selling information, images, etc.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
With the Asian and European markets rejecting Monsanto; they can see their global future.

But nothing will change in the US with the Monsanto protection deal and them buying Blackwater; eat your GMO and stfu.

www.drudge.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

One can only hope this is the beginning of the demise of Monsanto. Their shares have dropped in value about fifteen percent since the March Against Monsanto earlier this year.
I think people are becoming more aware and do not want GMO foods pushed down their throats.
The company has a history of underarm tactics and misinformation campaigns..

www.naturalnews.com

I don't think this has anything to do with public awareness of GMO. There is far more behind this move than something so simplistic and easily dealt with...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

They probably won't buy monsanto stocks at current rate, can't blame them with the future outlook.
But that does not mean that if they have them, they think "ohhhh i want nothing to do with monsanto... lets sell these stocks".
One who bought in to them 3 or more years ago, they made a nice profit.
If they think this is the peak, they will sell and buy other stocks with more potential profit.
But who says this is their peak? although they won't set foot on the asian or european market with their crops, their products are sold everywhere and they seem to do fine.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I believe the selection should be done by Nature as it has been before GMO. Even if GMo temporalily would answer to famine it won´t hold for a long time.

Monsanto

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

could this be a ploy to consolidate the stock after falling prices?

after all.. no matter what happens & can be proved..

Monsanto has a get out of jail free card...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It would be nice to believe that this is a long term trend but there are other possibilities.

Get rid of the stock on a false high.

This action will cause the stock to tumble.

When the low is hit, they will re-buy the stock making a tidy profit.

The question is , how often has this occurred.

It could just be part of the game of the rich get richer.

P

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Sounds like an ENRON repeat. Get out while the getting is good and leave the employees and their stocks hanging dry.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I hope they fail.
They don't believe in consumer choice markets (labeling) so for that alone they should go the way of the dodo bird regardless of the harm their franken food does to people.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join