It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest News on Bosnian Pyramids

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

But it is being excavated. Unfortunately it's by an archaeologist who thinks the Mayans originated in Pleiades and landed on Atlantis. He's also used some rather barbaric techniques like utilizing bulldozers in excavating the site potentially damaging evidence one way or the other. It's being excavated by hacks so we likely won't ever get the real picture. I agree that it needs to be done. Just properly.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Well, I have to admit, I have not studied this man's viewpoints. I would like it done properly and not just hacked up by "enthusiasts", but if he is so bad why is he getting to do this? Why not bring in a real team? I'm sure there are starving archeologists out there who would like to do this work. Then again, if it's political might we just get it all hidden then?

Who owns the land? Shouldn't they be able to say who does the work?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by peter vlar

Well, I have to admit, I have not studied this man's viewpoints. I would like it done properly and not just hacked up by "enthusiasts", but if he is so bad why is he getting to do this? Why not bring in a real team? I'm sure there are starving archeologists out there who would like to do this work. Then again, if it's political might we just get it all hidden then?

Who owns the land? Shouldn't they be able to say who does the work?

Unfortunately starving archaelogists have to be paid by someone - and even in Britain a great many ancient sites are not excavated because ot costs money to do so and people prefer to spend their money on this month's latest iPod rather than unearthing evidence of our ancestors.

We know these hills housed a Roman signal station and that some mining occurred both in Roman and pre-Roman times. There is (or was) a great deal of medieval archaeology in the area,

Sadly, all this has been destroyed/merged into a bizarre alternative history fantasy along with the idea that .ancient sedimentary rocks were made by humans ......

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

The main reason he's allowed to do this is because its a new tourism industry for a country still recovering from a brutal war and genocide less than 20 years ago. Whether they believe his claims of not, ole Sam has convinced many power players in government and the private sector who are thrllled to put up money for his dig because it has the potential to line everyone's pockets if it turns out to be legit. And if it doesn't the amount of foreigners coming to check it out is creating a burgeoning new economy in a cash starved region. It's the usual case if follow the money and Sam isn't working for free.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

That really stinks. Archeology is one of my favorite topics and I guess I am sort of like one of those liberals who rants about funding the arts. The past is amazing to me, and I think we should dig it up, sort it out, learn from it, and know the truth. I guess I'd be all for funding the digs and not funding the latest cow flatulence study which no one really gives a damn about.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by AndyMayhew

That really stinks. Archeology is one of my favorite topics and I guess I am sort of like one of those liberals who rants about funding the arts. The past is amazing to me, and I think we should dig it up, sort it out, learn from it, and know the truth. I guess I'd be all for funding the digs and not funding the latest cow flatulence study which no one really gives a damn about.

But cow farts contribute to global warming don't ya know, he said laughing out loud profusely.

The Bot

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I've posted on this topic before, but here it goes again.

This is not a pyramid. Osmanagic is cleverly excavating the ruins on that site in an attempt to fool others into believing his pyramid hypothesis.

I personally know a number of people that grew up in Visoko and have been back a number of times over the years, every single one of them thinks the idea of the pyramid is hilarious. Its known that the hills were used by past civilisations in various ways, but there were never pyramids.

The Balkans has an extremely rich history, and as the location is a major intersection between East and West it has been populated for many thousands of years. As a result there are vast complexes, underground tunnels, fortresses and the like scattered across the peninsula.

A good example is at Petrovaradin in Serbia. While the current fortress is a few hundred years old, excavations have shown that the area has been constantly occupied for the last 15,000-20,000 years. There are fortifications on site that are 5,000 years old. Following that were Roman fortifications, and after that a monastery. There are many kilometres of tunnels in and around the area.

This also shows the turbulence of the region throughout known history. It hasnt had the kind of stability required to support a civilisation with the strength and stability to put in the monumental effort required to build pyramids. There have always been wars and invaders from all sides; even the slavs only arrived in the last 1500 years or so and it has been a period of virtually constant fighting (the slavs, of course, conquering the previous inhabitants).

You can expect to find the ruins of fortifications and tunnels throughout strategically important areas of the Balkans. But no pyramids.
edit on 29-8-2013 by zvezdar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zvezdar

So they're basically carving or shaping it into a pyramid? I've considered the same thing

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tzdub

the hill has kind of a pyramid shape, and its a naturally rocky area which has a lot of flat and weathered stones. Many of the stone "structure" that he attempts to pass off as man-made are clearly weathered and natural formations. Others appear to be sections of roads or paths; on the hill Visocica was once a medieval fortress and the region has been occupied for at least 5,000 years (and has always had strategic and economic importance, given the intersection of two rivers occurs here). They are also showing excavations of man-made structures that are buried within the hill and passing it off as the internals of a pyramid.

That area of Bosnia is of course quite hilly; the name of the town "Visoko" means high or tall and was once the centre of power in Bosnia. Is there any example anywhere on the planet of a pyramid built in a hilly area? To my mind it kind of defeats the whole purpose...

For reference, this is the location:

maps.google.com...

edit on 10-9-2013 by zvezdar because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2013 by zvezdar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
hi everyone

yes i can confirm there the real deal , we were there last year and going this year , these things are massive , and a man with no eyes could see there man made , step type like in the Mayan pyramids , the pics on the net are what's there, there is a summer camp there were you can work on clearing the underground tunnels , these are the biggest , so history will have to be rewritten ( again ) ,

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Many Archeologists are true scientist from my experience. Many have preconceived ideas of what they are looking for and surprisingly they find that at their sites. Just look at the dating of the great pyramid to see the truth of that.
The Pyramid of Khufu or the Pyramid of Cheops is dated to about 2500BC. How did they get this date? A small kartush was found in the upper chamber with Khufu/Cheops name on it. That’s the only makings in the pyramid. (And yes I have been inside personally) The tomb does not match any of the other tombs in looks or “feel” of the interior. They add this to the fact that they date it also by the findings in the surrounding buildings and sites.
So what do they throw out? One is geological evidence. Many geologists that have studied the Sphinx enclosure have dated the erosion pattern as closer to 10,000 BC. There is also “inventory Stela”. This was found and dates to about 8th century BC. On this it states that he rebuilt the temple. Both these facts are dismissed by main stream archeologist. Why? Because the go against the “facts” that they already know. IE, it was built by Khufu because of the kartush and the items from the outside sites. Also There is no evidence that a culture dating back 10,000BC +.
Let’s think about this for a minute. If he did rebuild the pyramid then maybe he signed his name to it? Also if he rebuilt it, he would have to house the workers doing the work. This would explain why the workers camps where all around the site.
What about the fact that no sign of an ancient civilization dating 10,000BC is on record? Well maybe there is and because it doesn’t fit into main stream archeology it is ignored? There is evidence of much older civilizations in India. The pyramids themselves maybe evidence also. This new pyramids in Bosnia could also be evidence. The writings of the ancient Greeks also point to a civilization older then we think. The war of the Titans? The Hindu text talking about the technological advanced civilization? The lost cities in Peru that no one can explain?
Could it be that there was an older ancient civilization that was destroyed? We see what has happened in the past 2000 years. The pyramids where stripped of their outer shell to build houses in Cairo. The Coliseum and surrounding area was striped to build the Vatican. Many cities where built right on top of older cities. The roots of archeology where laid down in the late 1800’s/ early 1900’s and has not had a major change since then. As a body they are very reluctant to change any of their views and tend to throw out or marginalize any information that does not conform to their views. It could very well be that the signs are there, just not being looked at scientifically.

By the way, just to clarify and give some background. I have a BS in History and a MS in International Studies. I have also taken classes in archeology, but do not have a degree in that field. I have also traveled extensively around the world; and lived in the US, Egypt, Bosnia and currently Greece. I will be back in Bosnia this summer and will see if I can work a trip in to see these Bosnian Pyramids myself.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: trottersonline
hi everyone

yes i can confirm there the real deal , we were there last year and going this year , these things are massive , and a man with no eyes could see there man made , step type like in the Mayan pyramids , the pics on the net are what's there, there is a summer camp there were you can work on clearing the underground tunnels , these are the biggest , so history will have to be rewritten ( again ) ,

Did you take pics? if so can you post them.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc
a reply to: Harte

Many Archeologists are true scientist from my experience. Many have preconceived ideas of what they are looking for and surprisingly they find that at their sites. Just look at the dating of the great pyramid to see the truth of that.
The Pyramid of Khufu or the Pyramid of Cheops is dated to about 2500BC. How did they get this date? A small kartush was found in the upper chamber with Khufu/Cheops name on it.

If it is your desire to argue against Egyptology's date for the G.P., you'd do well to make at least some small effort toward learning where the date comes from.

And, no, it's not the worker's grafitti found in the sealed chambers above the king's Chamber.

That’s the only makings in the pyramid. (And yes I have been inside personally) The tomb does not match any of the other tombs in looks or “feel” of the interior. They add this to the fact that they date it also by the findings in the surrounding buildings and sites.

Try comparing to the tomb next door - Khufu's brother, Khephren.

So what do they throw out? One is geological evidence. Many geologists that have studied the Sphinx enclosure have dated the erosion pattern as closer to 10,000 BC.

One Geophysicist (Robert Schoch) made the claim that the sphinx might date to 6,000 BC. The claim is not supported by "many geologists" and has, in fact, been utterly refuted using the same data that supposedly offers the earlier date.

Rattling off supposed "facts" off the top of your head isn't working for you.

originally posted by: dismanrc There is also “inventory Stela”. This was found and dates to about 8th century BC. On this it states that he rebuilt the temple.

No, I've read it. It states that Khufu "built his pyramid..."
However, since that stela post-dates Khufu by a thousand or more years, it's not all that valuable as evidence.

originally posted by: dismanrc Both these facts are dismissed by main stream archeologist. Why? Because the go against the “facts” that they already know. IE, it was built by Khufu because of the kartush and the items from the outside sites. Also There is no evidence that a culture dating back 10,000BC +.
Let’s think about this for a minute. If he did rebuild the pyramid then maybe he signed his name to it? Also if he rebuilt it, he would have to house the workers doing the work. This would explain why the workers camps where all around the site.

Who do you think provided the very information you have garbled in this post? Mainstream Archaeologists, that's who.
The chambers where Khufu's name can be read were sealed off by the completeion of the Great Pyramid. No one could have entered them before they were blown open with black powder in 1837.

originally posted by: dismanrcWhat about the fact that no sign of an ancient civilization dating 10,000BC is on record? Well maybe there is and because it doesn’t fit into main stream archeology it is ignored? There is evidence of much older civilizations in India. The pyramids themselves maybe evidence also. This new pyramids in Bosnia could also be evidence. The writings of the ancient Greeks also point to a civilization older then we think. The war of the Titans? The Hindu text talking about the technological advanced civilization? The lost cities in Peru that no one can explain?

None of the above approaches even one-fifth of the antiquity you claim (10,000 BC.)

originally posted by: dismanrcCould it be that there was an older ancient civilization that was destroyed? We see what has happened in the past 2000 years. The pyramids where stripped of their outer shell to build houses in Cairo. The Coliseum and surrounding area was striped to build the Vatican. Many cities where built right on top of older cities. The roots of archeology where laid down in the late 1800’s/ early 1900’s and has not had a major change since then. As a body they are very reluctant to change any of their views and tend to throw out or marginalize any information that does not conform to their views. It could very well be that the signs are there, just not being looked at scientifically.

It could be, but it's not the case.

There is a continuous line of artifacts from the Nile valley going all the way back to the neolithic and beyond. Not a single laser gun has been found.

Harte

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

There is a continuous line of artifacts from the Nile valley going all the way back to the neolithic and beyond. Not a single laser gun has been found.

Harte

Hah! I do have that vectron projector I found in a rubble field near Qubbet el-Hawa does that count? I have to admit it's in poor shape and is missing what I think is the power source, the trigger mechanism, handles and pretty much all its electronics and yeah its looks like a rock but I'm sure its real!

Hans

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tzdub

After watching America Unearthed S02E03 I placed a question mark at these pyramids in Bosnia. I recommend you to watch how this mysterious wall in Rockwall, Texas turns out to be a creation of nature. If you have no knowledge of how layers of earth form or how rocks come to be this wall in Texas looks artificial man made. But scientific research prove it to be a natural occurance.

My problem,..I very much --- Want To Belief --- just like Mulder. Scott Wolter is a guy who also would like to believe but his hard scientific facts tell an other story and keep both his feet firmly on the ground. No matter how much I want this Bosnian mountain to be a man made pyramid I think it is just a mountain with some special features.

Scientific conclusions made by scientific discovered facts is not a democratic process. Things are not scientific facts because some popular dude with a fan base says so.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
After researching the subject as thoroughly as possible, without visiting the site, I have concluded that they are natural geological formations of the type that are common throughout Bosnia.

Though I don't rule out the possibility of some "landscape gardening" by humans from the present day back to the neolithic. (It's undeniable that they have been used as fortifications throughout the ages.)

I recently saw the following film and just on the visual evidence alone I find it hard to argue a case for it being "man-made from the ground up".

edit on 7-9-2014 by HotblackDesiato because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join