It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired, Active Shooter Reported At Georgia Elementary School

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Just heard on the WSBTV live that shooter stated that he wanted the news channel out there to film cops dying. If that was the shooter's actual intention, then he was using the children as bait. Kind of reminds me of the guy who used a fire to lure in fire and police from a few months ago.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

He didnt really think it through. If you want to kill cops you dont start by having them send an active shooter response team.

The fire guy in NY you reference had the right idea. Call in a fire or medical emergency or a domestic disturbance and wait across the street.

Dont call in armed and armored SWAT teams and meet them head on.

It's a good thing crazy people tend to be stupid.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Neither is a very "right idea" but I get what you're saying. He probably presumed that the police officers would use more caution because children would be potentially in the line of fire and perhaps wasn't aware that the children were quickly exiting the building behind him.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I think you and I might have been going back and forth on that topic actually. I don't remember the title, but I pulled some moon phases and matched them up with some mass shooting dates.

There were quite a few "hits" and a couple of misses. The stats seem to indicate that these types of events are more likley to happen in the day before, of and after a full moon.

Perhaps schools and other public offices should beef up security, or at least keep a more watchful eye on those dates.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It is really incredible how insane the world has gotten. I used to drive to school in my step dads pickup truck (no drivers license) complete with rifle rack and Remington rifle in the back window. It had a trigger lock but was never locked to the truck or rack.

No kidding, I used to be able to park in the school parking lot. Despite being a problem child that got in a lot of fights with other kids and conflicts with school officials. It never occurred to me to shoot someone over being bullied or even beaten up. It never occurred to anyone in my school to take my rifle, students or staff.

I was driving at 15.5 years old and literally drove myself to the school sponsored drivers education classes. No one on the staff thought to bust me or called the cops. I even used to drive to my firefighting ROP program across town at another school.

At least this guy just cried for help. It does not sound like he was actually interested in killing children. Hopefully he gets the help he needs. Though we all know he won't, as we only have a Penal System and there are little to no provisions for getting him the psychiatric help he needs.

I fear sounding just like my parents when I say things like "The world is going to hell" then again, people never shot people at school when I was growing up and that's a freaking fact. As a Society we really need to figure out WTF happened and change it. No matter the cost.

The blame game goes deep though, at this point there may be as many variable factors involved as there are in Climate Science. Just to damn difficult to quantify.

My how times have changed.

edit on 20-8-2013 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me at all if people did things like this just to get their face on national TV. You can bet if any children end up getting killed, this guys face will be all over the news for the next few weeks.

Society today gives more recognition to the killers than the victims, and that's really sad. Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if that fact is a motivation for people to do things like this.

Hopefully no one ends up getting hurt though. Best wishes to the families.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
The lion would have a perfectly good reason for killing said goat. He would not kill it, then walk away just to kill another goat, and so on etc....

Lions have been documented killing for reasons other than defense or food. They're also known to commit infanticide.

Though, for reasons other than food, a chained goat probably wouldnt be too attractive since there is no "fun" to be had.

Regardless the point was about helplessness. Not some imaginary ideal of the animal kingdom.

Regardless, I still think it was a weak analogy.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Pretty sure it was on one of the shootings threads so that's probably why you can't remember which thread precisely. God knows that we've had enough of them over the last year. If you look at the graph I made, it's also interesting to note that one of the mid-lunar cycle ones was actually spontaneous. What predicated his shooting event was the discovery of a loaded handgun at school on his person. He killed his parents to spare them the embarrassment that evening and went on his shooting spree the next day. I think it has something to do with a psychological ideation more than a physiological one. Just my gut though.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So he goes into a school with an AK-47, demands the media be there, shoots off a couple rounds into the air and then just peacefully surrenders to police??

That just seems strange to me...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV
So he goes into a school with an AK-47, demands the media be there, shoots off a couple rounds into the air and then just peacefully surrenders to police??

That just seems strange to me...

Huge difference between what you envision is going to happen and what it's actually like when you do it. Number one thing that seems to come out of shooters' mouths--"I don't know why (or I can't believe) I just did that." Long lasting events are rare and I think it's because reality comes crashing in like a wrecking ball on the fantasy.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
even states with lax gun control like switzerland can get by without a school shot out every 3-6 months so why cant the USA?

You just answered your own question.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
news.lalate.com...
Michael Brandon Hill, 20, is the Atlanta School shooting suspect from today, claims local news. ...
Hill was in “court last month he got 3 yrs probatn, anger mgt.”

The poor guy sounds like another Prozac casualty.

Strange all the initial accounts that ID'ed the suspect as a black male...

atlanta.cbslocal.com...
(school chief) Thurmond tells the Atlanta Journal-Constitution the suspect is a 25-year-old black male and didn’t have an obvious connection to the school.

25 years old? That sounds pretty darn specific. I am smelling a rat in there somewhere.
edit on 21-8-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
news.lalate.com...
Michael Brandon Hill, 20, is the Atlanta School shooting suspect from today, claims local news. ...
Hill was in “court last month he got 3 yrs probatn, anger mgt.”

The poor guy sounds like another Prozac casualty.

Strange all the initial accounts that ID'ed the suspect as a black male...
edit on 20-8-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

It's already been suggested that things like this are sometimes carried out to get recognition, and as the commenter rightly points out if this individual ends up being another mass murderer his face will indeed be splashed all over the media. One thing that this guy may not get based on his mugshot is a huge number of women and girls tweeting that he should be pardoned because he so cute.

But his lack of aesthetic appeal would not exclude him from getting all the fan mail, and marriage proposals sociopathic mass murderers always attract.
edit on 21-8-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
www.khaleejtimes.com.../international/2013/August/international_August430.xml§ion=international
"As the shooting unfolded, US President Barack Obama was coincidentally tweeting about the need to strengthen US gun laws."

Coincidence. Think coincidence.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I knew it was a white man.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Believe need to realize that BIg Medicine is not going to help them:

www.ajc.com...
Timothy Hill told ABC News that his brother’s medicine cabinet looked like a pharmacy...
edit on 21-8-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Did they catch him?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So, as has been the case in just about every other 'mass shooting' incident in recent history, the shooter has serious mental health issues and had gone off his medication. Maybe it's just me but I sense a pattern here.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
So, as has been the case in just about every other 'mass shooting' incident in recent history, the shooter has serious mental health issues and had gone off his medication. Maybe it's just me but I sense a pattern here.

I see a pattern too. Stay away from the medical-industrial complex!

www.dailymail.co.uk...
"There was so many different medications he was on. ... ...he was taking drugs for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder since he was six-years-old."

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Somebody must have taken the "gun free zone" sign down.

Good thing the cops are only 10 minutes away.

I guess we just need police everywhere all the time, maybe it would be easier if all the good people checked into compounds voluntarily. YAY police!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join