It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Before Seen Mysterious Boulder Formation Near Top of 6000ft Tall Mountain on the Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

I'm sorry I'm sorry.....but MORE moooon rocksssss AAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop
reply to post by PINGi14

I'm sorry I'm sorry.....but MORE moooon rocksssss AAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Apology accepted?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sample size increases yet again: M170958390RE. One of better quality pics so far but once again, same area, different photo. They really spammed this crater peak with overlapping photos. Probably one of the most photographed around this latitude.

~1m resolution, larger coverage (half original scale)

~0.5m resolution, smaller coverage (original scale)

edit on 20-8-2013 by PINGi14 because: clarity

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PINGi14
reply to post by onebigmonkey

Not sure which boulder you are referring to but boulder tracks leave very characteristic trail similar to the one from here.
From your link:

Eventually its track will be erased completely.
So only if it rolled relatively recently in geologic time will the track be visible.

If tracks aren't visible, it could have rolled there so long ago that the track is no longer visible.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
There's no way that 4 boulders naturally came to rest in that way. This is an obvious sign left by the Intergalactic Entities Alliance, the well known "Four Sphere" insignia is undeniable - and it can only mean that they want to reestablish relations with earth through the supposedly non-existent USSF (United States Space Force). Of course TPTB have no interest due to their pact with Satan. This story will continue to be buried and ignored by the main stream media.
edit on 8/21/2013 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
one may be half buried and one at a time
the rest rolled up and got stop't by it.

But! why are they no other sized boulders?
should be lots of small rock?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Occam's Razor: the explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct.

Which leads me to believe it wasn't the sandpeople, but we are meant to think they did. These tracks are side by side. Sandpeople always ride single file to hide their strength and numbers. And these blastpoints, too accurate for sandpeople. Only Imperial stormtroopers are this precise.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
Occam's Razor: the explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct.

Which leads me to believe it wasn't the sandpeople, but we are meant to think they did. These tracks are side by side. Sandpeople always ride single file to hide their strength and numbers. And these blastpoints, too accurate for sandpeople. Only Imperial stormtroopers are this precise.

ok works for me

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Clearly it makes total sense that it had to be aliens. Because in a universe this big, there is no possible way these four boulders just happened to fall that way. Clearly it was aliens.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaffo
reply to post by PINGi14

Clearly it makes total sense that it had to be aliens. Because in a universe this big, there is no possible way these four boulders just happened to fall that way. Clearly it was aliens.

Exactly, and imagine what we might find here on earth if we examine all of the hundreds of millions of boulders here too.

What are the chances we might find 4 boulders close to each other, which would be absolute and definite proof that the aliens are sending a message.

It might be 4 words like YOU FLIPPING DUMB ASSES (or maybe another word instead of flip).

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

reply to post by PINGi14

Keep'em coming. It's easy to forget the scale but try to keep in mind their actual size. Each of these four boulders are about half a football field long and wide, and possibly almost as high! Also interesting the bottom one seems almost perfectly shaped to fit the two side ones which could be because they split from single boulder that's as unimagiablely big sitting on slope of a mountain peak no less. Hard to get estimate of heights but for sure they are casting some decent shadow.
About as big as a football each, you say? Well maybe they're arranged as such to be prepared for the big game that's scheduled!

Oh wait, not the size of footballs, but the size of 1/2 of a football fields?.... hmm... In that case, it looks like a Very Big Game is Coming. I hope that us humans are invited to it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

So only if it rolled relatively recently in geologic time will the track be visible.

If tracks aren't visible, it could have rolled there so long ago that the track is no longer visible.

I have a question.
But first: I don't know how these boulders came there, but I am pretty sure there IS a logical and most of all, natural explanation.
Nevertheless, I am not entirely satisfied by your answer, and I am not knowledgeable in Astronomy stuff, so if you might be so good as to enlighten me : as far as I know, there's no wind on the moon. Nor water. Moon does not "evolve" with erosion, at least not fast.

Fact:
Without an atmosphere, there is no wind or water erosion. The Moon's surface is about the same now as it was 3 billion years ago. (Contrast to the Earth). The astronauts' footprints remain unchanged on the Moon's surface, and will until the Moon is struck by an asteroid.

btc.montana.edu...

So, as you seem to know quite a lot (I'm not kidding you: I read many of your answers and I do think they usually are interesting), could you explain what made these supposed old tracks disappeared? Because it's not explained at all in the link provided (lroc.sese.asu.edu.../517-A-Recent-Journey.html)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I rarely post here but dangnabit these 4 boulders are just plain cool to look at and this thread deserved a bumparoo.

I think it's a portal to the interior of an underground lunar colony......concentrate on the dark center of these 4 boulders and tell me it doesn't look like you could just hover over and drop right on in there

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blindIo

Thanks for the compliment. True there's no wind or rain on the moon...or is there?
There is a sort of "rain" that causes erosion, but it's made of an even more abrasive substance than water.
It's raining tiny little rocks called micrometeorites, and these cause erosion, though their density is such that it takes many millions of years to erode the boulder tracks, probably more than 50-100 million years depending on how deep the tracks are. If the astronaut footprints aren't that deep they might erode in less time, maybe in 10 million years? So of course in 40 or 50 years the erosion of astronaut tracks is not noticeable.

They fall on the Earth too but burn up in the atmosphere so don't do much when they hit Earth's surface:

geologicnow.com...

By definition, these micrometeorites are generally less than 1mm in diameter—literally dust-sized. However, what they lack in theatrics or destructive power, they make up for in numbers. While a meteorite impact that has the ability to cause regional destruction may occur once every 10,000 to 100,000 years,[1] micrometeorite “impacts” occur millions of times daily. Estimates vary widely with respect to just how much of this material the earth collects, with some studies claiming that the annual influx weight of these objects may be upwards of 14,000,000 tons. Far more likely, however, are estimates in the 10,000 to 20,000 ton range.[2] On the low end of these estimates, the daily influx works out to some 27 tons per day, accounting for the majority of extraterrestrial materials on Earth.
Since the moon has no atmosphere to speak of, they can impact the surface more than 10 times faster than a speeding bullet. It's sort of a very slow sandblasting effect, when they hit the moon.

edit on 21-8-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Ok! That's clear. Thanks for the interesting piece of information!

Cheers :-)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Great comments and thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts on the origin of this formation. Some ran farther than others with use of creative freedom but that's cool since you used the mind to think about something in ways other than: 'is that thing going to kill me' or 'can i eat it'. That's the basis of unique human advantage on Earth and what got us here today and will take us to wherever we are going so cheers all.

Even though these formations are intriguing enough to spark speculations of all types, the fact is they originate from research quality data source. That means these images can be used to make some credible observations. Considering the fact there are multiple images of same location taken at different time and condition, it becomes realistically possible to make scientifically valid observations of things like

Surface features: Does a surface feature appear consistently in images taken at different time/date and angles?
Transient event: Are there any changes observed between images of same location acquired on different time/date?

Just my caffeine fueled thoughts...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
More observation samples there are, the more confident we can be in the accuracy of any observations made. Adding NAC M170965179RE.

This NAC is yet another 0.5m level view of the same area. Image quality is comparable to better 0.5m levels views posted so far. Would be a good one to use in any multi sample comparisons.

Half scale view ~1m resolution

Original scale view ~0.5m resolution

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

It looks like the material near the boulders and the near the debris around the boulders is disturbed a little, as if from impact from above but fell or the darker material is part of the boulders?
Would be interesting to know if the boulder material is original Lunar material or other.

Nice find OP

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

reply to post by onebigmonkey

Not sure which boulder you are referring to but boulder tracks leave very characteristic trail similar to the one from here.
From your link:

Eventually its track will be erased completely.

Yes it's possible but is it plausible.

50m+ sized boulders rolling on lunar surface leave correspondingly large and deep tracks that would take extremely long time to completely disappear, in the order of hundreds of millions of years at minimum. Scientists being the clever bunch have taken the fact that rate of meteorites impacting the Lunar surface has been pretty constant for the last few billion years and figured out a way to get a decent estimate of how old any particular area of the Moon might be. Like this.

They literally 'count the number of craters' that can be seen in the particular area in question and as you can probably guess, higher the number of craters that exist in an area, the older it would be in lunar geologic time. That is the basic principle if a bit simplified as they also use other info such as average size of crater to further pinpoint the age of area in question.

Now, going back to the theory that this particular area may be old enough to have completely erased the gigantic boulder tracks made by 50m boulders, you would almost 'have' to find high number of craters in the area. I can not see any evidence of such so I would have to lean on side of not plausible.

As previously mentioned my currently favored theory of their origin would probably be that the formation was always there either in buried or exposed state in this particular area which happened to share the real estate with this crater peak.

edit on 22-8-2013 by PINGi14 because: clarity

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm just surfing through all the comments and am wondering- Of the explanations put forth, which is the most simple? I'll place my bets on that one.

<< 1    3 >>

join