It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nobody asks "the big questions", it seems, during an NDE.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Just a quick reply here. I had an NDE years ago. Some major discoveries were that time in the afterlife does not exist. I understood that everything was laid out in order according to a pattern and was in harmony with some higher mathematical and scientific principles which I understood at the time, but not now.

With regards to the time thing, by looking at the past, say yours for instance, and knowing your basic characteristics, it would be easy to see the probable future. As I saw earth, our passage on it was in the blink of an eye.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
I do remember after the first resuscitation how empty I felt and sooooo cold.

I died a couple minutes in hospital and that's honestly the same way i've described it.

It was a frozen grey void that opened up, essentially weightless, only lasted a few moments.
I 'floated' up into the ceiling and back into my body.

I woke up the next day in a different part of the hospital as if it all had just happened.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
My husband knew a guy who had a NDE. This is his story.

He had tried to commit suicide by hanging. He had this horrible burn/scar around his and being myself, instead of staring and wonder, I asked him what had happened.

He said he died, when he tried to end his life in the garage and hang himself. He was dead for six minutes.

He said, while he was dead, he was in this grey inking darkness and there was a light up above. He said it was like being in water, and he was trying to swim up towards the light. But demons with pokers, were trying to pull him down by his legs. He said they got him with their pokers/spears in the neck, and then started stabbing him what felt like, over and over again in the side.

Well, when he awoke in the hospital. He had a trach, they had to give him in the emergency to get him breathing, (the stabbing feeling in the neck) then they gave him a g-tube that goes into the stomach (the stabbing in his abdomen).

My husband said, so in your perception, you were being dragged down to hell, but in reality it was the things the medics were doing to keep you alive?

The other guy said, "Yeah, but what freaks me out - is even though I was dead - I could still feel what they were doing to my body. And those demons, I have no doubt whatsoever hell is real, and hell is not getting to go into the light. In death, you will feel the decay of your body in the casket. Feel the burn of the incinerator burning your body to go into the urn. You are forsaken, and left here, and not permitted to go there - prey to the nightmares your own mind creates".

It's one of the stories I've heard in life, that gave me chills.

Cirque

edit on 20-8-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: corrections

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Actually depending on the NDE, how long and such, some people talk about understanding everything there, but they don't to keep that in fullness.

The students aren't handed the answers to the tests they are writing.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

I love that website I have it on my favs. and I see what you are talking about!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Maybe if people had these experiences over and over it would be different but I'm sure the experience is so surreal that they are just taking in what's in front of them. The future isn't set but rather the accumulation on how we live our lives today. They give a great hint about the future - "this is what happens when we die and while we're here we can be closer to that peace if we live in an altruistic manner; putting relationships before all other things". Common theme is new found responsibility toward all life so that message is likely a glimpse of what the future should look like. A shift in values and priorities. Between life and death is what we make it and knowing what it might be like when we die is a pretty amazing telling of the future since we will all die.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I guess this thread is kind of a 'heads-up'. If you go (and come back, of course), try to bring something back w/you that others can appreciate.... if possible.

Some sit face-to-face w/Jesus... After such a meeting:

• bringing back something personal is cool.. But
  • bringing back your personal revelations and something else for others to appreciate rocks!!
Thanks to everybody who shared so far... interesting stories here.
edit on 20/8/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The problem with all of this is pretty simple: How do you know what the person brought back is real? I could tell you all about my astral projections, but as I am the only witness to them, how do you know that what I'm saying is true?

If I ever have a "real" NDE, I think I probably wouldn't be asking for some kind of future prophecy, because there's only so much time to ask the questions. Plus, even if I did find something of value, what are the odds that you would believe me? (I mean, I could tell you that I was told the sun will turn supernova, and that it burnt everyone and the planet into burnt fish sticks, but everyone already knows that's going to happen). If anything, what I'd be bringing back is a lot less stress, knowing that I already died once, how bad can the second time be?

And it's not that they want to save their own little lives either - if you actually read the first-hand accounts, most people are offered a choice: They can either go back, or they can remain where they are. You're making it sound like all they want is to go back to the living and be done with it. Well guess what, most aren't done with life yet! Seeing as you said it, if you have an NDE, and decide to come back with no information whatsoever, then I want to say you saved your own little life

As a final note - You are aware that most NDE's happen with an accident, or traumatic event, right? When means you are already in a state of shock from the event happening. Which, in turn, means the last question on anyone's mind in that scenario is: "[Religious Figure here], Someone wants me to find out something that can help mankind - what should I tell everyone?". If anything, these are the questions I would expect to be answered:
1. Will my family be alright if I don't go back?
2. Well, that was bad - so what am I supposed to do?
3. Do I have a choice?

Maybe, just maybe, these people brought something back to help humanity - They gave/give us Hope in the afterlife, and that dying isn't some biological process that everyone should fear. As I see it, they did bring something back about the future. As as the old saying goes: With the exception of a toilet, something coming back is better than nothing at all

-fossilera

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

Thanks for your post... I chuckled at some of it, as you have a good sense of humor.

If I ever have a "real" NDE, I think I probably wouldn't be asking for some kind of future prophecy, because there's only so much time to ask the questions. Plus, even if I did find something of value, what are the odds that you would believe me?

This is the thing... as somebody mentioned in this thread, ppl with NDEs are suddenly "all knowing". They know everything to every question about life that exists... usually. To us mere mortals.. it is such a waste that they don't share any of this with us.

Some ppl have the privilege to meet personally w/Jesus... the creator of all things... Yes, the creator of all things... Someone we can potentially tap into, and distribute the jewels He shares w/all mankind. Am I asking too much?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
They are DYING...in the process of DYING! Why would you'd think the thing they should be asking is "Why?" "Where did....?" etc.....instead of..."Oh, oh!" or "Holy crap did that hurt!"....

Its you...living-alive...is thinking dying folks should get out their lists and ask..."Hey! Wait! I got a couple of questions 1st....!!!'

The dying brain does not work like that for a huge ton of medical reasons. They are DYING....going to DIE...right now...nothing else. Then? They just DONT for whatever reason.....aka a "near"-death experience.

It'd be like us all coming to your house right now and sitting on your chest. And as you start to lose conciousness...almost...(God Forbid-this-is-only-an-example!) DYING in the process...we hand you a bunch of questions to ask!!!

Seems silly, rt?????

edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: syntax

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger[/I]

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
They are DYING...in the process of DYING! Why would you'd think the thing they should be asking is "Why?" "Where did....?" etc.....instead of..."Oh, oh!" or "Holy crap did that hurt!"....

Its you...living-alive...is thinking dying folks should get out their lists and ask..."Hey! Wait! I got a couple of questions 1st....!!!'

The dying brain does not work like that for a huge ton of medical reasons. They are DYING....going to DIE...right now...nothing else. Then? They just DONT for whatever reason.....aka a "near"-death experience.

It'd be like us all coming to your house right now and sitting on your chest. And as you start to lose conciousness...almost...(God Forbid-this-is-only-an-example!) DYING in the process...we hand you a bunch of questions to ask!!!

Seems silly, rt?????

So that's a time to be selfish and not think of anybody else? (probably typical)... the world you just left... whatever... who the f*ck cares... I'm done w/that place... I see my old family, who passed on before me.. .that's all that matters...

This is the attitude you advocate? And the ppl still there, who didn't ask to be born, and who didn't have a choice of where they were born.... They can all go to h*ll...? You're definitely a nice person, I can tell.

... you might want to rethink your knee-jerk post...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
This is the thing... as somebody mentioned in this thread, ppl with NDEs are suddenly "all knowing". They know everything to every question about life that exists... usually. To us mere mortals.. it is such a waste that they don't share any of this with us.

Some ppl have the privilege to meet personally w/Jesus... the creator of all things... Yes, the creator of all things... Someone we can potentially tap into, and distribute the jewels He shares w/all mankind. Am I asking too much?

I don't think it's too much, just outside the scope of the NDE experience. I mean, imagine how an Atheist (or even myself as an Agnostic) would feel if the person next to us turned out to be [Jesus, God, Buddha, Shiva, etc] - Some of us (me), would be a little bit tongue-tied (hmm, instant karma backlash by staying, or return to the land of the living and work off some of the negative variety...I'm coming back), or in my case, I'd be more curious about them then what happens to me.

The fact that it's a religious figure makes it worse, because so little is known about them (unless you take the route that what is written today is 100% the truth, of course). If anything, I'd expect to find the "big" questions answered by a deceased loved one. I say this because at least with a loved one, you wouldn't be so "concerned" about the possibility that a deity exists.

Now, on the other side of the coin, you can also attempt to get those answers by looking into the stories of Astral Projections /Out-of-body-experiences. Essentially, these are the same as NDEs, except that the person has more freedom to explore (in theory). Although the accounts are a little less believable (I've got many tales to tell, but limited by the amount of characters on here), they might be closer to what you are trying to find.

-fossilera

PS: The toilet saying came from one of the older members in the family, who used to be a plumber. I can only pray it was a joke, and not based off true events.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

If anything should be rethought...( and you may want to)......is the ridiculousness of the original OP.

When dying...one isnt thinking about asking questions in CASE its just a NDE.

Living in a fantasy land of games, and videos will just distort one's reality....becasue the brain at that time is dealing with DYING. Its not trying to cover all questions IN CASE DEATH doesnt work.....

edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

"With every mistake, we must surely be learning..." Beatles

So you're off the hook... Screw the rest of humanity... Just as long as you're OK... I see no problem with that philosophy

But I'm not saying this to make you feel bad... as you are in great company, evidenced by most testimonies in NDERF

But it seems that you don't even believe in, and definitely never had a- genuine out of body NDE.... so considering that, your opinion is not really relevant to this thread, in any case.... This thread addresses ppl who both believe in, had, or will have NDEs. Of which you don't seem to fit in any of these categories... You may want to hook up with "Johnny76", as he was posting in this thread something about not believing in NDEs as well.... So then you can share your 3d, "nothing exists except what we see on earth" viewpoint experiences w/each other (probably a very boring conversation... please do not invite me to it).

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
"I see pretty flowers!! Wow!!! I see vivid colors!!! So great!!" "I even met Jesus or the high God type person!!!" "I saw my family that passed away, even my grandma Beatrice!!!"

Great...

So after all that, After You've Been On The Other Side, and ReLived to Tell About It... You had a moment, or many moments of unquestionable knowing... of knowing all the answers that you can ever ask about. What can you tell us left-behinds about how to live better? After all that, what insights can you bestow upon humanity? Any insight upon future events? Any insight upon how to live? Anything of value that is not just personal info?

You NDE'rs are basically an unmined, unquestioned, untapped, potentially very very very valuable resource... Thank you for sharing... here or wherever.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

You are so far off what your impression of me is...It was you who turned it around and thought it was me that lacked belief and ability.

I not only had an NDE when I was nearly killed in a near fatal fall from heights, but since then, Ive become an experienced traveler(astral) as well, and am well experienced in Lucid Dreaming and OBE's...for nearly 40 years.

I have worked at developing it. It is a gift...and we seek and find our own. We know who to talk to...and who to avoid, if you can understand that and why it is so. Not everyone can learn to do this, and certainly not just by reading. A person who is tone deaf or has no sense of rhythm...will never make a great musician no matter how much they put into it. (YES, I taught music from 1970-thru the 1990's as well.)

Ive gone forward into this topic and studied, practiced and developed it with an open mind and heart. So, im expecting this to bring no real clarity to you on this topic. But, I hope it does. For with this subject...its more the paths to get there...and not the final destination. And sarcasm serves neither us or the topic...any constructive purpose. Best, MS

"And in the end...the love you take...is equal to the love...you make" The End-The Beatles

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
As I was going up there was a bright light that after I entered it was love and some people want to know what do I mean when I say love and the best I can describe it is, it is the love u feel for your child and parents and every love imagine able . I didn't want to come back but it wasn't my choice. I'm glad I got sent back so I can try to share the love with the people around me. There is no way to really describe it, life is what we make it and I personally think our days are numbered, when it is your time to go it doesn't matter where ur at or who u are death will come to us all. I wish more people could experience it, I think the world would be a better place. And for everyone wanting to why didn't u ask this or that it is so beautiful being there in the presents of god u have no need to ask questions.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Who are you to say if someone has a NDE or not?

Also - why would someone, who believes they're dying/dead, think to ask questions related to earth if they don't die?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The "big questions"
that's not a big question it's a stupid question.

So you're upset that someone dies and when they come back they don't have the schematics for the iPhone 28? Someone's death is supposed to serve your needs and desires? Wow. And you call them selfish.

edit on 8/22/2013 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
As far as "ask about future events", we already know what is going to happen in a variety of important areas via science. Science that would, and should, be more believable and actually have an ability to be acted on, than some intangible story.

Are future events really even cared about, science warns us of something, do we care? Largely, no. So the question from the get go is moot.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join