It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nobody asks "the big questions", it seems, during an NDE.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It's frustrating... In reading accounts of NDEs, let's say at NDERF.org... I read and I read... There is a section for "did you receive any foreknowledge of future events?"...

In about 95 out of 100 posts, the answer is a decided 'no'....

After reading probably 1000 of these posts, I came to the realization that either:

• They were too caught up with their own death experience to think about others and/or the future of anybody else on this earth (probably a normal state of mind for them).
  • They are just myopic, and only cared about their own little lives, and their own little family.

Please, please... if you (God Forbid) have an NDE... please think of others and try to help out the world at large... not just yourself or your family.... and ASK ABOUT FUTURE EVENTS. Then ask for the ability to retain and share it with others once you go back.

Thank you in advance for not just thinking of yourself.
edit on 19/8/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I thought NDEs were the result of Oxygen being starved from the brain as the subject is "dying"
This might suggest why there is very little gumption to do anything but just lie there when your practically braindead.
edit on 19-8-2013 by Johnny76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnny76

Could be just from a lack of oxygen... But in reading of ppl's accounts where they were/are blind for their entire lives, then are able to see above their bodies during an NDE.. and when they return to their bodies, are blind again...

it kind of makes me think twice.

Johnny76... Obviously you never had an NDE... So then this thread really has nothing to do w/you... please stay out of it. Thank You.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Please, please... if you (God Forbid) have an NDE... please think of others and try to help out the world at large... not just yourself or your family.... and ASK ABOUT FUTURE EVENTS. Then ask for the ability to retain and share it with others once you go back.

Maybe they didn't think of what future events might happen to others or the earth, because they just DIED

or they didn't know they were coming back to life and they didn't get to that question yet...

That said, if (god forbid) I die, I'll try to remember to ask just in case I get to come back

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

sorry man.. id just rather see the future unfold.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Somebody (that's believable) needs to publish a simple tome on really good NDE.

Have you noticed all the crap you have to read through on the subject?

Just a simple easy, put together book on NDE. Accounts that are very good.

Just saying..

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Why does the future matter in eternity?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Do I really have to defend this position....? for the benefit of all humans? Is it not obviously and evidently clear?

oh... ok...
You have a good point.... It probably doesn't... But if you end up coming back... It's extremely important...even important enough for your (2nd) life to depend on it...

So please remember to ask, if you end up in this situation.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS

Could be just from a lack of oxygen... But in reading of ppl's accounts where they were/are blind for their entire lives, then are able to see above their bodies during an NDE.. and when they return to their bodies, are blind again...

it kind of makes me think twice.

Johnny76... Obviously you never had an NDE... So then this thread really has nothing to do w/you... please stay out of it. Thank You.

Don't be so god damn closed minded with you voodoo crud. You didn't exactly start the thread with "for NDE participants only!" Get a grip, sometimes it hurts when your bubble gets burst

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I did not start the thread with something like: "What if NDEs exist?"... This thread is not intended to be a debate about the validity of NDEs. Sorry if you didn't see that.

But anyways... Thanks for your input...

link   
reply to post by MarkJS

About 5 years ago I died for im not sure how many minutes, long enough to turn blue though im told, I was cpr'd in my apartment, happened again in the ambulance, same thing, then again in the ER but cpr didnt work, so adrenaline was pushed.
Nothing happened on "the other side" that I can recall but I do remember after the first resuscitation how empty I felt and sooooo cold.
Thats all i got for ya

link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Mesmeric Revelation

This is a really interesting read from Edgar Allen Poe. The idea is that a man was mesmerized (hypnotized) at the tipping point of death. The interview linked above is the result.

More on this enigma...

edit on 19-8-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Your more than welcome. As long as you know that NDEs occur when the brain is ~#@'#ed we can all just move along. commonbloodysensedotcom

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My NDE happen 12 years ago but as far as telling the future I can't , but there are sometimes that I seem to know something is gonna happen like the day my father and a few loves died somehow I new I would have a daughter. I tend to keep things to my self most of the time. I have told my wife a few times but I don't want to add stress to her life. But to your question no can not tell others future, I wouldn't if I could something's are better not knowing.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

You nailed it...

Debating about N.D.E. experiences is like two fish debating about what it is like to breath air...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

■They were too caught up with their own death experience to think about others

■They are just myopic, and only cared about their own little lives

Your kidding right .. . .?

You make sound like people are so damn Selfish just for dying. What the hell is with that?

I had a near death experience when I was 8 years old. Just before I went unconscious I was inflicted with shear terror and panic.

Thinking about others was a complete Non Event. I didn't even have control of what was going on when I was unconscious let alone have the ability to ask some stupid damn questions about future events.

You are a Hypocrite and don’t even know it. I can tell you that when You die, asking some dumb@$$ questions about future events is going to be the last thing you are going to do.

So, Instead of blaming people for being selfish and Not asking some stupid @$$ questions when they die, your best bet is to just wait until you die and ask those questions for yourself.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

In about 95 out of 100 posts, the answer is a decided 'no'....

Aren't the 5 that answered 'yes' enough for you?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ill also add that not everybody that happens to die, knows their gonna die lol..
In my case, I was playin video games, laid down in the floor and went to sleep and stopped breathing (I wont go into how that happened)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I hear ya OP, for example, many NDErs state they understand everything, such as this story:

Immediately I understood the whole universe—and for me, understanding all those scientific things, (never having been good at math and science in school) was like a rejuvenating fountain! Furthermore, I had gone through much suffering during my youth—and now I was able to understand why.

Even if they have no thoughts of the future of our little universe, statements like the above make you wonder. The main theme in NDE's is love, love, love. But many people already know that or would like to know more, like a cure for cancer or other diseases or how to transfer yourself immediately through space and time. If I have an NDE I hope I'm cognitive enough to at least get a few valid answers instead of being awed by floating lights and bright colored grass and flowers. I'm for sure going to find out if aliens exist outside our little planet earth and where. But maybe we're all just uptight here on earth because the NDErs seem to be in immediate and total calm so they must lose their desire and passion to know more.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well you'll just have to have yourself an NDE or OBE to find out.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join