It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does The Japan Space channel pwn the Nasa Channel so hard?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

Great production values,
actual space,
actual craft,
and actual launches.

As far as I know, NASA TV broadcasts its launches, many of them live. They also have a few hours a day devoted to live feeds from the space station. They will be covering a spacewalk live from the ISS on Thursday.

Nasa is having more fun in other countries
than they are with the average American.

Did they mention that on Nasa TV?

Mike

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Yeah, suggesting on ATS that writing your congressman to express your support of tax dollars being spent on space exploration was silly.

Everybody knows that fiscal allotments are best appropriated by voicing your displeasure with current policies on internet conspiracy websites.

After all, we know the NSA is recording every keystroke, right?

In all seriousness, I remember watching Shuttle animations on saturday morning television as well. As far as I know from the beginning the only serious plan was a semi reusable design with a fully reusable design to follow after the technology had matured.

You do know the expendable fuel tank was the only major component manufactured in Louisiana and only final assembly of the major components happened in Florida?

The boosters come from Utah and the primary structures and orbiter assembly from California with the sub components sourced out across the U.S.

Personally, I don't see a flaw in the fundamental design.

A fully reusable vehicle would have its own inherent problems and I am more comfortable with the idea of the the work ( or congressional "pork", if you prefer) and subsequent economic benefits being spread out among multiple states and communities.

My favorite "spaceplane" that was never built concept......

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy
Nasa is having more fun in other countries
than they are with the average American.

Did they mention that on Nasa TV?

Mike

Well, there is a Space Camp in Huntsville Alabama -- which I think came before the Turkish Space Camp.

edit on 8/18/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Well, there is a Space Camp in Huntsville Alabama -- which I think came before the Turkish Space Camp.

Well.

I concede the point then.

Mike

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I remember some excellent HD-video diaries for the Shuttle missions, all the activity, experiments and fun they had on the ISS and in the Shuttle. I guess with the end of the Shuttle program they've scaled down on this.

STS-131 was one of my favourite missions, not least because of the young mission members full of enthusiasm. Here's a cool pre-flight video: www.youtube.com...

Here's HD video diary from STS-130, a day off including eating and having fun: www.youtube.com...

Another of my favourites from STS-130, including amazing views from the Cupola: www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-8-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
JAXA's SELENE probe certainly took the first high resolution photos of the lunar surface showing the 40 year old footprints left by NASA astronauts...

Hate to be picky, but JAXA's cameras don't have the resolution to pick out the footpaths, rover trails and hardware left by Apollo, which were photographed in 2009 by the LRO. What JAXA did do was use its 3D imaging capability to reconstruct the landscape from a ground level perspective of Apollo 15 and 17 sites, which showed an exact match with the landscape photographed by Apollo astronauts. They've also reported evidence of a 'halo' at the Apollo 15 landing site consistent with the location of the lunar module eg link

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by onebigmonkey

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
JAXA's SELENE probe certainly took the first high resolution photos of the lunar surface showing the 40 year old footprints left by NASA astronauts...

Hate to be picky, but JAXA's cameras don't have the resolution to pick out the footpaths, rover trails and hardware left by Apollo, which were photographed in 2009 by the LRO. What JAXA did do was use its 3D imaging capability to reconstruct the landscape from a ground level perspective of Apollo 15 and 17 sites, which showed an exact match with the landscape photographed by Apollo astronauts. They've also reported evidence of a 'halo' at the Apollo 15 landing site consistent with the location of the lunar module eg link

My apologies, I seem to have confused the two.

I should have double checked before posting.

Thank you for the correction.

edit on 20-8-2013 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join