It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find it amazing how people fall for tricks and shortcuts so easily...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Life is about learning through experience, making mistakes, knowing all sides of each reallity etc, its about evolving our actions, from wrong doing, to right doing.

I don't understand how people value so much things like opening the chackras with sound or visualization...

90 flags for a thread that will tell you to make sounds like some great secret is being revealed?
And people fall for this...

People want the easy way out, they want to take the magic recipe, they want to take the magic pill...

WRONG!!!

Life is about hard work, its about evolving with effort, dedication, devotion and glory... its not about sitting and making strange sounds....

But go ahead, take the easy, dumbest way....

Not my way.

Sorry for being so direct! Sorry to the author of the thread but its just my opinion...

Take care
edit on 18-8-2013 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I agree with what you say, although allot of people find comfort in such things like the stuff you mentioned to get them through the day.

Most would drop like fly's if we never has Jesus, Buddha ect. People experience life in different ways.

Tsom87

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

How does life feel for you?
If you like hard work then your way is best for you. But wouldn't you like a little rest?

Why has the thread you refer to produced anger in you? I found it very insightful. Feeling the body is delightful.
91 flags in 5 days is saying that it has merit - well done to Arpgme for bringing this to everyone's atention.

I will post this here in case you have not seen it.

Eisegesis posted it on that thread and I was amazed by it. Try the sounds when watching and see how it uplifts the spirit.
Life can continue as before but it will be lighter.
edit on 18-8-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
"Always remember: your focus determines your reality" -- Qui-Gon Jinn

I'm not in to things like chakras or mystical energy, but I won't begrudge people for believing whatever helps them get by. I'm sure a lot of people think I'm more than a little off when I talk about the Federal Reserve Bank or aliens.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Doing this is not bad, but some people think that this is spirituality, this is enough... For me, thats very wrong, but hey, just my opinion right?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Someone who get's it.

I see it all the time. Peopling living in what I call the Matrix. They live by their happy chemicals (read into that).
They seek belonging and acceptance (find belonging and acceptance in yourself, others will follow). And seek for quick pleasures (those that release dopamine or other happy chemicals). Short term gains instead of long term gains.

And when something goes wrong. They blame it on outside things. No stupid. It's your fault, and if it isn't, if it's society ******* you, well nobody is going to save you. You need to save yourself.

What you see often on self help fora is someone in a relationship. The person is insecure that (s)he get's judged by it's partner or and is afraid of losing it's partner. People need to stop basing their confidence on outside things like a partner. If you question these things, well maybe you aren't with the right person.

I don't believe in work work however. I believe in working on yourself. But yes work is part of that.

I'm no saint either, but I'm constantly looking critical at myself and seek for what I do wrong and how to solve it.
I got a feeling I am staging failure, so I get better at dealing with it, not sure if that's such a good thing though.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula

Doing this is not bad, but some people think that this is spirituality, this is enough... For me, thats very wrong, but hey, just my opinion right?

It can be the doorway to another world.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by Manula

It can be the doorway to another world.

People are on this world, but they want to escape to the spirit again.
We came from there, we are here on a mission, but hey, earth is tough, so we just want to go back...
Thats why some of us go to drugs, alcohol and other forms of escapism...

For me, it makes more sense to embrace life on earth, when i die, i will get back to the spirit, no rush to go back, i am here, doing what i came here to do...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
My hunch is that meditation and chakra opening serve to aid in physical wellness which could lend to a better spiritual well-being. Thinking chakras alone will fix anything does seem like a short cut in a way. But....being more aware of ones physical state which I think chakras have to do with can be a Part of overall wellness.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
How often does the average person, just stop and be alone in peace and quiet. To just sit there and be with your mind, not thinking about what's to come or what has taken place. Just being present and still?

It's not a weird thing to do and is very rewarding to take a break in this 24/7 modern society.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just what we need, another thread telling us what life's about and who should be written off as idiots.

edit on 18-8-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
Just what we need, another thread telling us what life's about and who should be written off as idiots.

edit on 18-8-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

Its a thread with an opinion, do what you want with it.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I agree, we aren't here to sit and open up some chakras and *bing* your spirituality is done like a microwave dinner. This instant-pleasure mentality can be seen as a reflection of Western culture and our society's "better faster stronger" tendencies.

I mean, ok, so youve opened all your chakras and have reached nirvana but find yourself still on this boring rock floating through space: now what?

Most don't think that far ahead.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

But how do you know this? How do you know this is the way? And what is the way? I don't think people want a shortcut, as much as they want the truth? What is the truth?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

And, you fell for the belief in a god????

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

we are here on a mission
reply to post by Manula

No we're not.
Jeez!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

we are here on a mission
reply to post by Manula

No we're not.
Jeez!

Well we could be...I mean, how do you know we're not?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sure and judging others is a much better way to find the divine.......

I have activated "chakras" if that's what you want to call it....I don't, I call it the fuzzy energy thing that is emitting from my head but whatever.

To each there own I suppose but being judgemental on others is really just an ego thing.
edit on 18-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I know that there were a lot of pseudo-spiritual and new age replies in that thread, but I didn't pay attention to most of them... just like I'm not paying attention to a lot of replies in here.

Was that thread directed to you, op?... Because I doubt it was but here you are getting yourself in a twist over something others are doing that isn't hurting you.

Just because some people understand that the central nervous system and chakras can get out of balance, the same way that a guitar will get out of tune... and they put forth energy in the form of vibrations to "retune" that.... you think you have the right to judge their spirituality... or think you know whether or not they put effort into life?

That is the most narrow minded, pre-conceived, judgmental thing I have heard all day.

I think you are putting WAY too much thought in that. In other words... YOUR TRIPPIN.

I think you need to do some kind of meditation or something that helps you to stop obsessing over other people who aren't bothering you. Nobody is forcing you to do anything, but you seem to be inviting yourself right into the psyche of other people you don't even know like you know all about what is going on with them on a personal level... and you don't know that stuff, man... you don't know it.

edit on 18-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

There's as many ways as there are people.

You want an even simpler method of Enlightenment? One that produces Oneness, all Chakras opened permanently, and access to the spiritual realms at will.....

Letting go and surrender, of everything. Everything you know, think, like dislike, your name, body, gender, nationalism, favorite foods, attractions, attributes, reactions, labels, concepts.

If you do it throughout the day, and maintain it, the process gathers so much steam that it eventually does you, then BOOM !!!!!!!!!!! All the fireworks begin.

But you know, that's not the pretty colorful sounds lights, effort, time based like all the others

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join