I find it amazing how people fall for tricks and shortcuts so easily...

page: 2
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


Doing this is not bad, but some people think that this is spirituality, this is enough... For me, thats very wrong, but hey, just my opinion right?

It can be the doorway to another world.


People are on this world, but they want to escape to the spirit again.
We came from there, we are here on a mission, but hey, earth is tough, so we just want to go back...
Thats why some of us go to drugs, alcohol and other forms of escapism...

For me, it makes more sense to embrace life on earth, when i die, i will get back to the spirit, no rush to go back, i am here, doing what i came here to do...

Life on earth is experienced through the body. Yet many experience it through the mind - this can make life very unpleasant. When one feels life instead of thinking life it becomes a pleasure.




posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula
 


I agree with you Manula. The fact that such a thread garners such a response is quit telling. People will do whatever it takes to be sensual again, even if its under the guise of spirituality. People want to feel alive again, but betray themselves by sitting down, intending nothing, closing the eyes and senses to the world and escaping in their mind. A right step in the wrong direction so to say. Sound does have its benefits, but one can find greater peace and happiness in dancing or singing or playing an instrument. Sitting and chanting is not living. It is escape from living.



posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula
 

hmm look around you, see anything? well you should! You are NOT the ONLY ONE on that boat of yours, you'll find places are actually booked out. Yes I agree there are some who seek the "magic pill" as you put it, but I am not so sure they are all that common, I tried to think of someone I know, that is not in your boat, but I can't think of anyone off hand, now back to the crows nest and look out for dangers we can learn from, such as wild spear throwing tall people jumping up and down on the shore pointing at you...



posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by Manula
 


I agree with you Manula. The fact that such a thread garners such a response is quit telling. People will do whatever it takes to be sensual again, even if its under the guise of spirituality. People want to feel alive again, but betray themselves by sitting down, intending nothing, closing the eyes and senses to the world and escaping in their mind. A right step in the wrong direction so to say. Sound does have its benefits, but one can find greater peace and happiness in dancing or singing or playing an instrument. Sitting and chanting is not living. It is escape from living.


There are real obstacles in the way preventing people from doing things they like to do. I have a list of things about a mile long that I like to do but something or someone is standing in my way. I'll skip the details and get right to the point.

Making noises, if I felt inclined to do so, isn't preventing me from doing jack crap.

I think this thread is seriously delusional.



posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula
 


wrongs point us to the right direction.



posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 





Making noises, if I felt inclined to do so, isn't preventing me from doing jack crap.


I have to agree, but then again, it isn't allowing you jack crap either.



posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Most people are cut off from themselves and their chakras are malfunctioning. The root chakra is usually stopped and people are not grounded. Getting your chakras working helps with physical well being. It is not a short cut either it is just the beginning and for newbies it takes quite awhile. We are physical, mental and spiritual beings and you just experienced the mental part of this and that is what you based your opinion on. This opinion I bet is warped by a religious point of view. Being religious doesn't make you spiritual. You are free to think what you like this is your journey



posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
Life is about learning through experience, making mistakes, knowing all sides of each reallity etc, its about evolving our actions, from wrong doing, to right doing.

I don't understand how people value so much things like opening the chackras with sound or visualization...

90 flags for a thread that will tell you to make sounds like some great secret is being revealed?
And people fall for this...

People want the easy way out, they want to take the magic recipe, they want to take the magic pill...

WRONG!!!

Life is about hard work, its about evolving with effort, dedication, devotion and glory... its not about sitting and making strange sounds....

But go ahead, take the easy, dumbest way....

Not my way.

Sorry for being so direct! Sorry to the author of the thread but its just my opinion...

Take care
edit on 18-8-2013 by Manula because: (no reason given)



Philosophy and metaphysics forum for a rant about another thread?

First you rant would better suited in the Rant forum and second isnt complaining or starting another thread about another one against terms and conditions.

You could have given your opinion and not offended the OP of that thread in that thread could you not?

But chose to mention 90 flags


Let me quote your first paragraph again and lets see how it fits




Life is about learning through experience, making mistakes, knowing all sides of each reallity etc, its about evolving our actions, from wrong doing, to right doing.


"Knowing all sides of each reality" seems to have gone right over head with the rest of your post.



posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula
 





just my opinion right?



You had to relay that as a question after posting this




but some people think that this is spirituality, this is enough... For me, thats very wrong


When word like wrong and right are used to describe others actions yes its an opinion, always will be.



posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Chill out guys, i know chacras are real but its our actions, our thoughts, our emotions that balance them.

Noises and visualization is just cheating...

If you make noises and visualizations but you keep making the same mistakes, what good is there in it?

Its delusional!

Chackras are balanced by your actions, thoughts, emotions, attitudes etc

The rest is just cheating...

Just my opinion ok?



posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 





Making noises, if I felt inclined to do so, isn't preventing me from doing jack crap.


I have to agree, but then again, it isn't allowing you jack crap either.


When I do vocal exercises, I find that it helps achieve deep breathing and slow exhalation and it seems to hone in all effected nerves in the abdomen and chest where the effort is made to make these sounds. I'm sitting here right now indian style because I have no chair to sit in to type. I'm slouched in a crooked way because I certainly get tired of sitting this way. Anybody would. I have nerve endings going in all directions incorrectly and they are not well synchronized. This causes blocked energy.

I know that if I were to take the time to do these exercises, it would incorperate more oxygen into my body and synchronize my nerves making them more in a straight line as it eases pain through vibration and relaxing of tension to make it easier for me to sit straight with less effort allowing the energy along my spine to flow more effectively.

The only reason I haven't done it in a long time, is because sometimes I simply sing instead because that is one thing I can do in my confined quarters without anyone bothering me... but right now I'm in no mood to sing, I'm in no mood to do vocals. I'm not going to get into what I'm focused on right now because it's not anyone's business anyway. I don't desire pleasure at this particular moment in time but my life is not absent of pleasure. There is simply some bad tidings about... and you need to concern yourself with your own problems.

I'm quite fine sitting here with my crooked energies for now because I have much bigger things to be concerned about than feeling good. So does everyone else, whether they realize it and it comes in all shapes and forms in different ways. It's more important than sitting outside getting attacked by mosquitoes or listen to someone's annoying cackling or anything else there is around here to do... except getting some things that need to be done accomplished but the lawn mowers, as I am told, have some secret way of being started and they aren't my lawn mowers, plus it looks like rain again. Junk that could be made more neat and orderly, I have been told not to concern myself with... and it isn't mine either. I'm not going to dance in the wet nasty yard and get dirt all over my clothes. I don't know what you think you know about my life but you've got another thing coming if you think you do.

You don't know what you are talking about when you speak of meditation exercises that other people do.... or how it might effect them.

You don't know how any of what I mention effects me aside from what I have told you and I have no idea why you think you are some kind of authority on what I do in my life and what I'm able to do... but I sure as hell don't like it and I think you need to quit pretending that you know ANYTHING about me because you DON'T sir... and you need to clear that up with yourself right now.



posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 





When I do vocal exercises, I find that it helps achieve deep breathing and slow exhalation and it seems to hone in all effected nerves in the abdomen and chest where the effort is made to make these sounds. I'm sitting here right now indian style because I have no chair to sit in to type. I'm slouched in a crooked way because I certainly get tired of sitting this way. Anybody would. I have nerve endings going in all directions incorrectly and they are not well synchronized. This causes blocked energy.

I know that if I were to take the time to do these exercises, it would incorperate more oxygen into my body and synchronize my nerves making them more in a straight line as it eases pain through vibration and relaxing of tension to make it easier for me to sit straight with less effort allowing the energy along my spine to flow more effectively.

The only reason I haven't done it in a long time, is because sometimes I simply sing instead because that is one thing I can do in my confined quarters without anyone bothering me... but right now I'm in no mood to sing, I'm in no mood to do vocals. I'm not going to get into what I'm focused on right now because it's not anyone's business anyway. I don't desire pleasure at this particular moment in time but my life is not absent of pleasure. There is simply some bad tidings about... and you need to concern yourself with your own problems.

I'm quite fine sitting here with my crooked energies for now because I have much bigger things to be concerned about than feeling good. So does everyone else, whether they realize it and it comes in all shapes and forms in different ways. It's more important than sitting outside getting attacked by mosquitoes or listen to someone's annoying cackling or anything else there is around here to do... except getting some things that need to be done accomplished but the lawn mowers, as I am told, have some secret way of being started and they aren't my lawn mowers, plus it looks like rain again. Junk that could be made more neat and orderly, I have been told not to concern myself with... and it isn't mine either. I'm not going to dance in the wet nasty yard and get dirt all over my clothes. I don't know what you think you know about my life but you've got another thing coming if you think you do.

You don't know what you are talking about when you speak of meditation exercises that other people do.... or how it might effect them.

You don't know how any of what I mention effects me aside from what I have told you and I have no idea why you think you are some kind of authority on what I do in my life and what I'm able to do... but I sure as hell don't like it and I think you need to quit pretending that you know ANYTHING about me because you DON'T sir... and you need to clear that up with yourself right now.


I hate to break this saddening news to you but I don't care to know about your life. I had to skim your life story just to get to your point, of which you made no coherent response. Sounds like attention getting to me. But I'm just inferring from the pile of irrelevant words you just left on the internet.

I never said I knew anything about you, to tell you the truth. I never implied anything about you; so I don't think you have any rational reason to respond in such a silly tone.

You use such meaningless terms as "crooked energies" or "blocked energies" and "synchronized nerves". I really am unable to understand this sort of empty verbiage, and I don't think you, nor anyone, has any inkling of what you are talking about.



posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 





When I do vocal exercises, I find that it helps achieve deep breathing and slow exhalation and it seems to hone in all effected nerves in the abdomen and chest where the effort is made to make these sounds. I'm sitting here right now indian style because I have no chair to sit in to type. I'm slouched in a crooked way because I certainly get tired of sitting this way. Anybody would. I have nerve endings going in all directions incorrectly and they are not well synchronized. This causes blocked energy.

I know that if I were to take the time to do these exercises, it would incorperate more oxygen into my body and synchronize my nerves making them more in a straight line as it eases pain through vibration and relaxing of tension to make it easier for me to sit straight with less effort allowing the energy along my spine to flow more effectively.

The only reason I haven't done it in a long time, is because sometimes I simply sing instead because that is one thing I can do in my confined quarters without anyone bothering me... but right now I'm in no mood to sing, I'm in no mood to do vocals. I'm not going to get into what I'm focused on right now because it's not anyone's business anyway. I don't desire pleasure at this particular moment in time but my life is not absent of pleasure. There is simply some bad tidings about... and you need to concern yourself with your own problems.

I'm quite fine sitting here with my crooked energies for now because I have much bigger things to be concerned about than feeling good. So does everyone else, whether they realize it and it comes in all shapes and forms in different ways. It's more important than sitting outside getting attacked by mosquitoes or listen to someone's annoying cackling or anything else there is around here to do... except getting some things that need to be done accomplished but the lawn mowers, as I am told, have some secret way of being started and they aren't my lawn mowers, plus it looks like rain again. Junk that could be made more neat and orderly, I have been told not to concern myself with... and it isn't mine either. I'm not going to dance in the wet nasty yard and get dirt all over my clothes. I don't know what you think you know about my life but you've got another thing coming if you think you do.

You don't know what you are talking about when you speak of meditation exercises that other people do.... or how it might effect them.

You don't know how any of what I mention effects me aside from what I have told you and I have no idea why you think you are some kind of authority on what I do in my life and what I'm able to do... but I sure as hell don't like it and I think you need to quit pretending that you know ANYTHING about me because you DON'T sir... and you need to clear that up with yourself right now.


I hate to break this saddening news to you but I don't care to know about your life. I had to skim your life story just to get to your point, of which you made no coherent response. Sounds like attention getting to me. But I'm just inferring from the pile of irrelevant words you just left on the internet.

I never said I knew anything about you, to tell you the truth. I never implied anything about you; so I don't think you have any rational reason to respond in such a silly tone.

You use such meaningless terms as "crooked energies" or "blocked energies" and "synchronized nerves". I really am unable to understand this sort of empty verbiage, and I don't think you, nor anyone, has any inkling of what you are talking about.


Chill out fellows, but you see, its not with noises or visualization or whatever, what matters is how good you do in your life events, thats how you balance your chackras (just my opinion)

Its how we manage our day by day challenges that we live a balanced life or not.



posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 




I hate to break this saddening news to you but I don't care to know about your life. I had to skim your life story just to get to your point, of which you made no coherent response. Sounds like attention getting to me. But I'm just inferring from the pile of irrelevant words you just left on the internet.

You use such meaningless terms as "crooked energies" or "blocked energies" and "synchronized nerves". I really am unable to understand this sort of empty verbiage, and I don't think you, nor anyone, has any inkling of what you are talking about.


You have the gall to focus your attention on what other people do with no understanding of it (obviously) and then pretend like it isn't about any one else. You do not even seem to have the introspection to realize your own actions and meaning of your own words. You and the OP have been discussing everyone BUT your selves, speaking on behalf of the actions and experiences of anyone BUT yourselves and you've got the nerve to pretend that you are not focused on the lives of others.I wish you could understand how annoying that it. I don't think anybody gives a crap that you are trying to offend them.

Life story? I mention a couple of things I do and a couple of things I'm unable to do and you call that a life story? It must be really unpleasant to have to live a life so desperate to upset people. You have nothing about yourself to say. You just concentrate on others and pretend this is not your mission, to magnify what other people do in a negative way... and I'm supposed to feel bad compared to you? Like you have some kind of edge or understanding over me? Hardly. What you seem to be trying to achieve here is absolutely pitiful.

It's more like you are just mad at someone in that other thread and you are just looking for a way to take a cheap stab at them to make yourself feel better about something you can't resolve on your own in a more honest way. Look at the effort that this thread has put into taking that silly stab at personal particularities of other people. If they are not bothering you, then don't you think it would be better to just ignore what you don't understand and concentrate on yourself.

This is all you have to worry about in life? That other people do vocal exercises..and you are trying to make ME out to be the who should feel ashamed...or feel that my intentions or actions are not significant? Are you crazy? It doesn't matter if you say you are unconcerned, the mere fact that harmless actions that other people do are so important to you, you must have absolutely nothing good to say about your own self. You spend all your time worrying about others so it is no surprise to me that you seek to try to upset people who were minding their own business because it makes you so unhappy that you have no personal growth of your own.

You think you have understanding of spirituality but you seem to live through the reactions of others. You operate through others...and this is obviously why you have a problem with self tuning. Not even connected with your own self. Nothing to say there...just reflections and obsessions of others.

You can say whatever the hell you want about me or about anyone else because you weren't even being studied, you weren't even being focused on until you drew that focus by trying to take a stab at others... so it's clear here who REALLY doesn't care. Nobody was even paying attention to you. It was you and the OP who were giving all your attention to others. Oh...care? I think you do, to a twisted extent. I guess unnecessary criticism is how you connect to people. A domineering critical connection... If you think I envy you in any way you have totally the wrong idea here.

I know how badly you want to slight other people and what they do.
I know you want to take my remarks as proof that you have succeeded in slighting me because it seems to make you feel superior or something... and I don't give a damn how you take it.

I just could not resist calling you out on how you appear.
I don't care what you think. I do not like your kind and yes, you are a "kind"
You need to be aware that what you do here in trying to get under people's skin is obvious & makes YOU look worse than what you are making other people look.

You don't get it.

You live your life externally maybe because there is nothing inside and I wouldn't want to know ya. Keep sticking your nose in the private places of others & keep thinking that makes me feel bad. Even though you have nothing to say about your own self in this thread, the things you say about others reflect more about you than you realize & you need to be told that because you don't seem to have a clue. I'm trying to tell you, you don't get it.

When others aren't bothering you leave them alone, no matter fascinated you are



posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula



Chill out fellows, but you see, its not with noises or visualization or whatever, what matters is how good you do in your life events, thats how you balance your chackras (just my opinion)

Its how we manage our day by day challenges that we live a balanced life or not.


And what about the people who's lives are going through imbalance?
Some people have challenges just in getting up and making it to the bathroom.
Some people are able to be more active than that but have nerve issues that no matter how they chase life's competitions, they will still succumb to disease. Some people are going through mental or emotional trials and find it very difficult to give 100% without some inner focus to balance the negative.

You need to QUIT speaking on behalf of other people who are not bothering you!

I'm going to X out this thread because people like you who think they know everything and cannot explore ulterior possibilities make me absolutely sick to talk to.

If I could vomit in your thread to show you how I feel about you and it, I would.

If I knew you in person, I would avoid you as much as possible and would not listen to anything you have to say and I would pray that you NEVER make the mistake of thinking I give a damn about your opinion. Leave other people alone! Don't worry about them if they are not bothering you, oh sickness of the world!

GOOD RIDDANCE, THREAD.



posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 





You have the gall to focus your attention on what other people do with no understanding of it (obviously) and then pretend like it isn't about any one else. You do not even seem to have the introspection to realize your own actions and meaning of your own words. You and the OP have been discussing everyone BUT your selves, speaking on behalf of the actions and experiences of anyone BUT yourselves and you've got the nerve to pretend that you are not focused on the lives of others.I wish you could understand how annoying that it. I don't think anybody gives a crap that you are trying to offend them.



I don't understand what you are trying to prove here.

Look, I don't know you. I'm speaking not about you, but about the words and ideas you leave on the screen. In my opinion, I find your words and ideas a travesty, BUT that is a personal opinion held by someone on the internet, and in no way reflects upon the actual you. Breathe.

There's a fallacy called "ad hominem", where one tries to attack ones character rather than his position. This usually happens when one cannot control his emotions any longer, and sometimes comes about in debate a time or two again; but your tirade is all ad hominem, and will be disregarded by anyone with a rational mind. If that is your aim, so be it.

But since it's about me, I cannot disregard it, so instead I will merely point out how wrong you are on every declaration, simply by reminding you that you have never met me in your life. You are in no position to make such judgements simply because you don't know what you are talking about. You are either talking about no one, or you are talking about yourself. Which one is it?

So. You've made it perfectly clear you don't like others with a different opinion that you, you don't like their "kind". Is there anything else you'd like to share?



posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula
 




Life is about hard work, its about evolving with effort, dedication, devotion and glory... its not about sitting and making strange sounds.... But go ahead, take the easy, dumbest way....


Evolving into what?

Are we all supposed to be having the same experience here?



posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Manula
 

And, you fell for the belief in a god????

A God?? Whoeever ever dream't of such a person!??!??!

Just ask God, whoever He is... Just ask the God of the Multi/Universe, something like: "If you're real... show yourself to me!!"

But don't ask some cheap substitute. No cheap imitation would do.

If there is a God of the universe... guess what?? He is well able to answer your query... if you dare.



posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula
 


I value [most] of my mistakes, because they have lessons within. I value hard work, even when it causes me physical pain.

I start each morning with a bit of Tai Chi, because it sets my mind right, and my body limber. I can't fault anyone who has found a way into the "way", and I read these kind of threads with vigor, hoping that the threads will give me a modicum of enlightenment.

We all have something to learn, and something to teach. I hope to learn and like to think that I'm open-minded enough to see something worthwhile when it presents itself.

I'm not here to judge. I'm here to learn.



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by Manula
 


I value [most] of my mistakes, because they have lessons within. I value hard work, even when it causes me physical pain.

I start each morning with a bit of Tai Chi, because it sets my mind right, and my body limber. I can't fault anyone who has found a way into the "way", and I read these kind of threads with vigor, hoping that the threads will give me a modicum of enlightenment.

We all have something to learn, and something to teach. I hope to learn and like to think that I'm open-minded enough to see something worthwhile when it presents itself.

I'm not here to judge. I'm here to learn.


I m not afraid to give an opinion. If i think of something as wrong, its wrong to me and im not afraid to say it, but i respect and accept that it might be right to others.





new topics
top topics
 
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join