It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On MSNBC, USA Today's Page Preemptively Blames Republicans For ObamaCare Failure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Maybe it'll be cheaper just to pay the "fine".

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It will be cheaper to just move to Canada.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by beezzer

It will be cheaper to just move to Canada.

I don't think you are alone with that sentiment.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I don't know how much you make or if you're currently married but I did see that you're in California. They have a nice calculator set up for you here.

Go ahead and PM me or just keep asking questions here if you still have them.

Thank-You....although I don't know how "nice" that calculator is......but it sort of confirms what I already suspected, affordable is still not affordable at all, especially if your single with no dependents, it really seems to be forced health care that I already can't afford, I'm Leary to submit anything at this point but based on the examples given it doesn't look good...
I don't make $50,000 a year, which was the example given, and the cost for that was over $300 a mn.......so I'm guessing the estimate I got of $250 is still going to be pretty close for my income level, which varies greatly depending on the year.

What a mess, for self employed, small business and even for bigger business's that all get hammered by the basic problem to begin with, The cost of Health Care is just to DAMN HIGH, I'm just getting too old to work my self to death to pay for insurance that I probably won't need until I finally keel over from living in constant stress trying to always chase a buck.

Sorry to rant, but the more I understand this, the more angry it makes me. I played the game, jumped through the hoops when I had a child to raise, I'm just done......I pay for mandatory car insurance, after paying for mandatory registration, which all requires a mandatory smog test...lol...and none of that even matters if you don't get mandatory car insurance that does cover a large amount of medical expenses to others and myself....that's all I can do....Let me die if I exceed that amount, I guess some would say that's my choice, and maybe that's true....if that justifies throwing me in jail then so be it.....

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Basically, I think we are all in agreement that Obamacare is not affordable.

This is what they wanted.

Afterwards, they can introduce the single payer plan and complete the takeover without any pretense of being "fair".

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Before the tax credits, the silver plan takes 3/4 of my annual income. I wonder when they'll start reducing the tax credits because the nation can't afford to be so generous with me?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
1. The "Free Market" sets the price for insurance, not the government. So blaming Obama for the high insurance costs is like blaming air for people drowning. So, blame "Free Market" instead of Obama for the high prices.

2. The health care law is just another piece of proof that Obama along with all of congress is a corporate oligarchy. This same type of law was attempted back in the 90s by the GOP but was shot down by democrats. The right wing was all for it, but the left went against it. Now the tables have turned, the GOP is against it, and the Dems are for it. It's a topsy turvy world we live in.

3. I know everyone hates the idea of being forced to buy insurance. I do to. I think it's wrong, and plays into the pockets of insurance companies. The theory is that if everyone had to buy health insurance then the price should go down as companies would be making money hand over fist to cover costs. (in reality, all it does, is turn the American public into a unwilling cash cow for health insurance)

4. The reason that people don't know what's in the law is because the GOP has misrepresented, and misinformed the public. (remember Sarah Palin's "Death Panels"?) If the GOP were to be honest about what's in the law, the American public would hate the law, not for what the GOP lies to you and says is in it, but what the facts really are. At this point Americans don't know what to believe because of all of the disinformation around this law.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

1. The "Free Market" sets the price for insurance, not the government. So blaming Obama for the high insurance costs is like blaming air for people drowning. So, blame "Free Market" instead of Obama for the high prices.

That would be cool if it was a free market. But it is not a free market. The government regulates the market.

2. The health care law is just another piece of proof that Obama along with all of congress is a corporate oligarchy. This same type of law was attempted back in the 90s by the GOP but was shot down by democrats. The right wing was all for it, but the left went against it. Now the tables have turned, the GOP is against it, and the Dems are for it. It's a topsy turvy world we live in.

Funny you utilize the term "oligarchy," here, but use the term "free market," in point one. In the rest of this point you make, you demonstrate full awareness.

3. I know everyone hates the idea of being forced to buy insurance. I do to. I think it's wrong, and plays into the pockets of insurance companies. The theory is that if everyone had to buy health insurance then the price should go down as companies would be making money hand over fist to cover costs. (in reality, all it does, is turn the American public into a unwilling cash cow for health insurance)

Any working person on the USA is already purchasing, "healthcare," through the payment of FICA taxation. The government uses this money to subsidize the costs of Medicare for the elderly and Medicaid for the disabled. The true debate and uproar over the PPACA is the DRASTIC REDUCTION of the amount of funds given back to the states to fund their Medicaid budgets.

4. The reason that people don't know what's in the law is because the GOP has misrepresented, and misinformed the public. (remember Sarah Palin's "Death Panels"?) If the GOP were to be honest about what's in the law, the American public would hate the law, not for what the GOP lies to you and says is in it, but what the facts really are. At this point Americans don't know what to believe because of all of the disinformation around this law.

I find the term, "Obamacare," to be a bogus term because the true name of the act is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. I also find the term, "death panel," to be inaccurate; however, any situation where a government bureaucrat is allowed to determine how money is to be spent (money that is forcibly taken at the end of a gun) is in and of itself, a "death panel." Since this practice has been in place since 1918, I do not blame any of the current hayseeds in office for anything other than perpetuation of a lengthy and ongoing robbery...culminating in eventual murder of the human spirit.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

this this a thousand times this
i cant even begin to describe how awesome it is to see a reasonable post that doesnt misrepresent and contort the information to justify uninformed beliefs in order to avoid feeling like youre guilty of something or wasted your life like a fool

stop compounding the problem you dorks and admit when youre wrong..... and for farks sake stop using these silly little labels and cliques as your anchor to reality

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Maybe Obama should have taken that into consideration before he promised everyone that it would bring health insurance premiums down. The fact is, health insurance providers are raising premiums due to pre-existing conditions and an end to lifetime pay out caps.

You forgot that Bill Clinton is the one who started the frenzy on health care reform in the 1990's and the GOP only came up with an alternative to Clinton's plan. A GOP bill which was never even debated or voted on. Ultimately, Clinton's own plan died on the vine due to the objections of......a Democrat.

The truth is, if everyone had to buy health insurance, the price would still go up due to the cost of care itself and the increased number of people being cared for. Until the cost of care goes down, nothing else will. This is the kind of reform that should have taken place first before demanding that everyone be covered by insurance.

You mean the same way that the Democrats misrepresented and misinformed the public on what it would take to make this program work, the cost of it, as well as the hidden tax increases in it? In the meanwhile, we have Obama giving daily speeches to the public on how health care cost increase "rates" are lower than they have been in the last 50 years. Nothing misleading there, huh?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Good thing you put "Free Market" in full quotes !!

Government has redefined the definition.

All the costs of regulations plus taxes on 'profits', plus new regulations in PPACA all affect the 'rates'.

Health 'providers' have the same problem.

Hardly any genuine 'free markets' exists anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The "Free Market"

Where is the free part of being forced to buy a corporate product (healthcare)

The high cost of healthcare is from the Potus party manipulating the 'free market' to make healthcare expensive in the fist place.

And Sorry Obama and his party misrepresented Obama care from the get go after all how could the GOP be misrpreenting anything since they had to pass it before they knew what was in it.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If the Republicans were smart they would say nothing & just let the thing collapse under its own weight.
reply to post by BABYBULL24

That would be irresponsible. Someone needs to prevent our country from going bankrupt, which is quite bluntly, where we are headed. You can't get blood from a stone, and the American people are stone dead economically.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join