It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are whites racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I know the thread title is a rather broad question so let me elaborate.
I believe that most white people are not racist because of skin color. They are however put off by the culture that is being presented to them. Blacks want to be treated equally (and they should be) but do everything to be different.
Going to school, speaking clearly and pulling up your pants is acting white.
Have you ever seen a white kid with a jersey of a black player?
How bout listening to hip hop or at a will smith movie?
Does anyone truly believe that a white kid in a rg3 jersey is racist?
Now im not trying to say racism doesn't exist, just that it is not nearly a wide spread as it used to be.
Please give me some feedback on this, I would be very interested to hear others views on this.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

I'll take the bait

Ironically, in this era where some black kids walk around with their pants falling down, according to you racism is less now. It may be, but...

Tell me this then?

In the early years the 19 20’s, 30’s 40’ 50’s 60’s when racism was much worse comparatively: Blacks couldn’t go to most white colleges, were lynched regularly, had to sit on the back of buses, were segregated all over the country in poor ghettoes, they didn’t have their pants falling down then and didn’t have rap music or the crime rate wasn’t like it is today with the gangs and drugs.

White’s racism was much worse!

WHAT WAS THEIR EXCUSE BACK THEN?

Why did whites hate black people so much back in those days?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I think you are mixing some concepts and issues there, but I could be wrong. Xenophobia seems to meet your descriptions more. at least to me, than racism. Every person, is capable of racisim but that's about RACE.
Culture, nationality, and fear of others born on other soil and from other cultures than you are broader than racism.....in my experience. Xenophobia, I believe, more encompasses what you are referring to. \

However, having said that, you have included many symbolic representations of what you are considering racism here....and I think that is an important distinction, as I think of racism as strictly about skin color, more than anything else. But everything being referred to here is about intolerance of difference, no matter the difference, your color, your religion, what you wear, what you believe, your religion or lack thereof, etc. I think you could gather what my point is from what I've said so far.....

IMHO, we are all capable of intolerance on and and all of those levels......
Respectfully,
Tetra50

ETA: It's deeper than "racism." And goes all the way to eugenics and the still very much alive history of the Nazis, who were deeply invested in eugenics. These judgements exist in layers, from blood and DNA (eugenics) to where you were born (land), to culture, to religion, to skin color. It's all the same divide and concquer thing, and collecting our "information" while we're divided to reinforce a plan to destroy humanity, so we accept more and more control, to provide a "slave race" to the "master race," and on to AI and tranhumanism.......
but hey, that's just my small intellect operating in a very big quantum space, where the macrocosm and microcosm comparison is hidden from the very best intellects, so known of us but a select few know where the furture will lead us, or even perhaps, already has......

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
*Facepalms herself to death*

I am Jack's urge to compel everyone to stop drinking the racial division kool-aid so we can all go back to enjoying light hearted racial stereotypes without it turning into a "philosophical debate".

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Im not asking anyone to explain racism and i sure dont feel guilty about the behavior of people that lived and died long before i was even born. It's just a simply question, are most white people racist or not?
I raise my child to not notice colors but i can't control the rest of the world and its actions.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell

I'll take the bait

Ironically, in this era where some black kids walk around with their pants falling down, according to you racism is less now. It may be, but...

Tell me this then?

In the early years the 19 20’s, 30’s 40’ 50’s 60’s when racism was much worse comparatively: Blacks couldn’t go to most white colleges, were lynched regularly, had to sit on the back of buses, were segregated all over the country in poor ghettoes, they didn’t have their pants falling down then and didn’t have rap music or the crime rate wasn’t like it is today with the gangs and drugs.

White’s racism was much worse!

WHAT WAS THEIR EXCUSE BACK THEN?

Why did whites hate black people so much back in those days?

Ignorance. That simple. But that's not what the post is about.
edit on 16-8-2013 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: Hit the wrong button... Oops

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, I have seen more white people listing to rap/hip hop while driving then blacks. But anyone can be racist and no it's not only a "white thing" to be racist. There are a lot of idiots out there who stir up the pot. We just need to ignore them. Take this from a mutt who dislikes racism.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
i bet whites are about as racist as every other race most will have the care factor of o but like every other race you always get a few bad apples .

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

People fear what does not conform with normalcy, they attack the different and strange, It starts with curiosity and fear and society manages to exacerbate the differences as to create a divide. This is not only a race thing and not particularly unique to whites, the more you have experience with what you fear the less strange it becomes, just look to how it is with gays, how we continue to be acculturated to accommodate somethings and repudiate others, like the dude in a turban.

The only real solution is conformity and suppression of differences, make something weird understood and tolerance will ensue. Of course the downside is when you are forced so hard to shift paradigms as a way to make the different the new normal and you part of the weird, every side has to give a little or respect the other's differences...

People in need (fear is a need for security, hunger is a fear for self-preservation) are always easy to control. If you have had dogs it will easier to understand, note the process of socialization and how they react, humans are a bit more complex but the same principles apply...

edit on 16-8-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Asking if whites are racist is a ridiculous question. It makes no more sense than asking if odd numbers are unlucky.

There is simply no correlation between someones color and the character of that individual.

We are all one race. Human.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Excuse me, your question was somewhat too simplistic, so I made an observation. Somthing to make us think.

All I can say is that of course there are some racist white people as there are racist black people, and other races also exhibit ethnocentric bigotry, it’s fairly universal.

How much any race is racist is an open question.

Didn’t you already understand that?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus
Asking if whites are racist is a ridiculous question. It makes no more sense than asking if odd numbers are unlucky.

There is simply no correlation between someones color and the character of that individual.

We are all one race. Human.

If we are all one race then racism is not possible. And besides everyone knows 7 is lucky!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I guess the question should have been asked differently.
Racism is one race feeling intrinsically superior to another.
Do you feel the majority of whites feel this way ?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Some are,some are not-exactly like black people-or people of Any other race.You may as well ask if blacks really love fried chicken,its the same cliche.Everyone loves fried chicken,well everyone with tastebuds.Same principle.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

It isn’t easy to garner whether a majority of any group feels one way or the other.

Though there is no doubt that white supremacy has afflicted the western mind set.

This of course transcends the American issue, where colonialism and racism are connected. Colonialism, when a country economically and culturally dominates another country, ended for third-world countries from the 60’s on into about the 70’s roughly.

Remember most of the major European powers, including the US, colonized third world countries and that was based on racism to a great degree.

edit on 17-8-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
*Facepalms herself to death*

I am Jack's urge to compel everyone to stop drinking the racial division kool-aid so we can all go back to enjoying light hearted racial stereotypes without it turning into a "philosophical debate".

I have to agree with this sentiment above. No more race baiting. We've seen it all too often lately in the liberal media.

PS: Fight Club = one of the best movies ever made.

edit on 17-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Are whites racist

Is that a trick question?

I'll answer that question with another question .. .. .

Have you ever heard a black man call a white man a "Homie" or "Cracka" or "N-Word" or "Honkie" or "snow white" or "Whitey" or "Spook" or "Casper" or "Wonderbread" or "Mayo" or "Bacon Bits" or "Betty Crocker" or "Milky"?

So,. . you tell me, .. Are Whites Racist?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Imo, we shouldn’t avoid something that is a reality—racism just because there are race baiters who want to spread division.

This OP seems to me is sincerely trying to understand something.

Racism is a real ugly thing and needs to be discussed frankly and honestly.

When race baiters and racists who want to spread division appear they should be confronted and denounced.

If one does have a racist problem and wants to discuss it honestly and try to understand themselves better or become a better person than we should help that individual.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It's not that whites are racist, but if there is any resentment towards blacks, it is due the victim mentality many blacks have developed over the years and continue to use as a crutch.
Truly sad and completely unfounded, especially in this modern day and age of affirmative action.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Folks can prejudge or carry stereotypes of the other which can feed into racist behavior but I found a long time ago that most people if they have a reasonable disposition will stop prejudging or hold to stereotype when properly informed or put in a position where stereotype falls apart..

Black neighborhood like the above do not make the news because it's bland and boring as your average White middle class neighbourhood.

Are the majority of Blacks desperately poor??..you would think so given the amount of images flashed on your news screen
not to say poor neighborhoods with thug culture do not exist,but if that's all your are accustomed to see then many will form an opinion based on that.

Thugged out.

Urban blight
On which set of images most folks tend to judge black folks on whether they have racist hang-ups or not.

It is unlikely that most folks would prejudge all white folks based on these images

The fact is most thugged Blacks have more in common with the above in the sense that most tend to be desperately poor but again except for that stupid show Honey Boo Boo these folks do not make the nightly news of meth fuel crimes .

Another thing that fuels racist behavior is lack of knowledge about the past through stereotype one of the reason I post many a threads on historical themes about Africans and their descendants is to break those stereotype and inaccuracies to the shigrin of many here on ATS for their world view is immediately challenged clik my profile view some of my original post.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join