It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are whites racist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyrdnews

and I find this way of generalized thinking the underpinnings of racism---assumptions based upon appearances.
2nd

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Telling white folks about the evils of the past should NEVER be done to make them feel guilty. White guilt for past racism is ridiculous. They shouldn’t be made to feel guilty nor should they, for they weren’t the ones who committed the evil. What we all should be concerned about is the present and the future.
But…we have to know the past so we don’t make the same mistakes.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

The underpinnings of racism are likely more rooted in the fact that human beings are still a tribal creature which are now being forced to live in overcrowded areas with people who do not share a degree of genetic similarity.

Its basic biology, you look after your own kind, its not deliberate or conscious for the most part. The only way for there never to be any racism is if we were forced to have a mono-culture worldwide, which is happening right now through the internet and free travel. Give it another hundred years and there won't even be national borders.

What is really dangerous is when Governments give special (or at least perceived) treatment to one group of people, and allow the us and them mentality. Of course this plays into Governments hands because it keeps the population blaming each other whilst the wealthy dicks everyone regardless of race, gender or sexuality.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Racism has changed its face, I think. In some ways white, educated liberals are racist.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Reply to TheMediator Wyrdnews Mythots and the rest of the ooh that was so 80 or 500yrs a go crowd..I say bull pucky!!... if you choose to have selective amnesia about the past as if it have nothing to do with the present and thus will have no Bering on the future if unresolved then you are part of the problem of why stuff cannot be resolved so we can move on.. Mediator for every negative experience you had with individual Black folks I can match with negative experience with individual White folks,so your personal antidote does in no way impress me.

There is a primary form of racism that is almost never addressed and is waay more damaging than the ignorance of ordinary folks and that is the concept of Global White Supremacy or Institutional Racism this is not the the fault of ordinary individual White folks but of intellectuals or enablers who for centuries developed the concept through scientific racism,political and religious social science..out of this concept was born the system of apartheid in one form or another through-out the globe ,dysfunctional sexual politics and raw exploitation that continues in some guise to this day,yes it's uncomfortable but if every generation continue to stick it's head in the proverbial sand then someone somewhere in the next 500yrs will make a similar thread asking the same questions.
edit on 17-8-2013 by Spider879 because: just because

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

But…we have to know the past so we don’t make the same mistakes

I would consider that a Contradictory Axiom as History ALWAYS Repeats itself.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879
Reply to TheMediator Wyrdnews Mythots and the rest of the ooh that was so 80 or 500yrs a go crowd..I say bull pucky!!... if you choose to have selective amnesia about the past as if it have nothing to do with the present and thus will have no Bering on the future if unresolved then you are part of the problem of why stuff cannot be resolved so we can move on.. Mediator for every negative experience you had with individual Black folks I can match with negative experience with individual White folks,so your personal antidote does in no way impress me.

There is a primary form of racism that is almost never addressed and is waay more damaging than the ignorance of ordinary folks and that is the concept of Global White Supremacy or Institutional Racism this is not the the fault of ordinary individual White folks but of intellectuals or inhibitors who for centuries developed the concept through scientific racism,political and religious social science..out of this concept was born the system of apartheid in one form or another through-out the globe ,dysfunctional sexual politics and raw exploitation that continues in some guise to this day,yes it's uncomfortable but if every generation continue to stick it's head in the proverbial sand then someone somewhere in the next 500yrs will make a similar thread asking the same questions.

So you think that the intellectual/priest/noble class of Europe gave a # about European plebs working on farms, or the soldiers they used to gain resources?

Do you honestly think that white people are the only ones who have ever used untermench as a scape goat for cheap labour? The Egyptians did the same thing I recall with the Jews. Are they not African?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyrdnews

There is a primary form of racism that is almost never addressed and is waay more damaging than the ignorance of ordinary folks and that is the concept of Global White Supremacy or Institutional Racism this is not the the fault of ordinary individual White folks but of intellectuals or inhibitors who for centuries developed the concept through scientific racism,political and religious social science..out of this concept was born the system of apartheid in one form or another through-out the globe ,dysfunctional sexual politics and raw exploitation that continues in some guise to this day,yes it's uncomfortable but if every generation continue to stick it's head in the proverbial sand then someone somewhere in the next 500yrs will make a similar thread asking the same questions.

So you think that the intellectual/priest/noble class of Europe gave a # about European plebs working on farms, or the soldiers they used to gain resources?

Do you honestly think that white people are the only ones who have ever used untermench as a scape goat for cheap labour? The Egyptians did the same thing I recall with the Jews. Are they not African?

No but they developed the concept of race as we know it, and off course they could give a good gattdamn about some Euroserf but again this was a systemic effort by the intellectual classes the effect is still with us not lost to history as you and others want to think..need I say it again this isn't about some misinformed white folk who may act on impulse but a system set in place to which much of the world is still reeling from ignore this at your own peril.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

The intellectuals of today though are busy dismantling European nations and through allowing millions of non-European migration in are 'undermining European homogeneity'.

www.bbc.co.uk...

If there was still institutional white supremacy, why would Governments and the landed elite want to wipe out their own race? Why would they go out of their way to promote multi-racial relationships and families?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The intellectuals of today though are busy dismantling European nations and through allowing millions of non-European migration in are 'undermining European homogeneity'.

www.bbc.co.uk...

If there was still institutional white supremacy, why would Governments and the landed elite want to wipe out their own race? Why would they go out of their way to promote multi-racial relationships and families?

Ahh a good question..at the core of it all it's not really about race since no such animal exists and they knew it from the getgo but a tool used to divide and conquer for the bottom line is the bottom line which is maximum profit at all cost. an excellent thread was started by member UnifiedSerenity They were White and They were Slaves, hope you get a chance to check it out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

Ahh a good question..at the core of it all it's not really about race since no such animal exists and they knew it from the getgo but a tool used to divide and conquer for the bottom line is the bottom line which is maximum profit at all cost. an excellent thread was started by member UnifiedSerenity They were White and They were Slaves, hope you get a chance to check it out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting, I skimmed through it and I'll give it a detailed read tomorrow.

I will say though that I believe that there is such a thing as race. I have a sneaking suspicion that there is an orchestrated effort by our overlords to weaken humanity by taking away genetic variation which is actually a evolutionary advantage.

There is a sneaking suspicion in the back of my mind that says that all the while they are making humanity weaker, those elites who have always had everything they ever wanted (most of whom are not European by the way, most hail from Israel) are creating life enhancing technologies for their own caste for when the plan is fully implemented. Its would not be too far fetched considering some of the stuff they've considered in the past.

I really don't understand why its a taboo to say the obvious differences, in fact its quite insulting to everyone not to mention it. Its quite clear when watching the Olympics for example that Africans generally are better at track and field events, or that Asians generally have higher IQ's than the rest of us. As I said before the stereotypes are only stereotypes because they are seen by everyone as being the overall trend. That doesn't mean to say that everyone has to fit that stereotype obviously.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The Human class system is Eons old and ingrained.
Mirror mirror on the wall,
whose the FAIRESTof them all?

Fairest is white beauty.
Not someone's whose just.

Black Hat,White Hat
White magic, Black Magic .

It seems where boundaries of light and dark have to coexist
for some reason the light side, has come out on top.
India and its ancient class system comes to mind.

Point is, in general white people have been heralded as the end all
be all, of humans. Yes their have been aberrations from time to time
but generally any rational person has to admit this is so.

It might be part of why we are here in the first place.
To figure out what is fair and just.
Maybe its weighing culture with what we perceive
as bad and thuggish behavior all the way to
an extrodinarily uptight culture and therby possibly deadly Fascist;
We cant say either are absolute good or absolute evil.
I'm afraid it's much more complicated than that.

If you are still stuck on skin color as a determining factor in anything,
Shame on you.

If you don't like the behaviour of white thugs or black thugs
or all the thug points in between.
That's your right, and certainly doesn't mean you're racist.

But do know this, things like the playing field of Earth,
being equal to all who play on it without predudice or oppression,
regardless of skin color, is not reality. Still.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

There is a primary form of racism that is almost never addressed and is waay more damaging than the ignorance of ordinary folks and that is the concept of Global White Supremacy or Institutional Racism this is not the the fault of ordinary individual White folks but of intellectuals or enablers who for centuries developed the concept through scientific racism,political and religious social science..out of this concept was born the system of apartheid in one form or another through-out the globe ,dysfunctional sexual politics and raw exploitation that continues in some guise to this day,yes it's uncomfortable but if every generation continue to stick it's head in the proverbial sand then someone somewhere in the next 500yrs will make a similar thread asking the same questions.
edit on 17-8-2013 by Spider879 because: just because

You got to be kidding, every race has had slavery, even among the classes of that race.
And weather blacks have a reason to be racist is not the point of this thread.
The question is do whites feel they are born superior or are they responding to the black culture that is being presented to them.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

You got to be kidding, every race has had slavery, even among the classes of that race. And weather blacks have a reason to be racist is not the point of this thread. The question is do whites feel they are born superior or are they responding to the black culture that is being presented to them.

Most societies had slavery or some sort of exploitation but some never did and based their economic system through cooperation rather than exploitation these tend to be so called simple societies like the khoi-San but they exist and slavery does not equal racism that is a near modern concept,and I have to ask what is "Black Culture"

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You got to be kidding, every race has had slavery, even among the classes of that race. And weather blacks have a reason to be racist is not the point of this thread. The question is do whites feel they are born superior or are they responding to the black culture that is being presented to them.

Most societies had slavery or some sort of exploitation but some never did and based their economic system through cooperation rather than exploitation these tend to be so called simple societies like the khoi-San but they exist and slavery does not equal racism that is a near modern concept,and I have to ask what is "Black Culture"

African-American culture, also known as black culture, in the United States refers to the cultural contributions of African Americans to the culture of the United States, either as part of or distinct from American culture.
That of course is music, art or any other social media such as fashion.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyrdnews

I have to say to your reply, respectfully, I've lived through (as I'm sure many have) apocalyptic-like situations...massive, destructive, direct hit hurricanes and such......

There was no distinction for me, or for people I met of other colors or ethnicities, in the aftermath of something like that about "taking care of our own kind...."

A human being confronted with no power, no water, flooding,no food or transport out of hell or high water so to speak, I'm sure you get the idea, here.....is a human being.... And then, of course, there are those who are not, and it's sort of a testing ground, if you will. But those who are more human than animal....those genetic or ethnic distinctions matter not at all. So, I don't agree that's just a "biological, basic" human trait.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
The Human class system is Eons old and ingrained.
Mirror mirror on the wall,
whose the FAIRESTof them all?

Fairest is white beauty.
Not someone's whose just.

Black Hat,White Hat
White magic, Black Magic .

It seems where boundaries of light and dark have to coexist
for some reason the light side, has come out on top.
India and its ancient class system comes to mind.

Point is, in general white people have been heralded as the end all
be all, of humans. Yes their have been aberrations from time to time
but generally any rational person has to admit this is so.

It might be part of why we are here in the first place.
To figure out what is fair and just.
Maybe its weighing culture with what we perceive
as bad and thuggish behavior all the way to
an extrodinarily uptight culture and therby possibly deadly Fascist;
We cant say either are absolute good or absolute evil.
I'm afraid it's much more complicated than that.

If you are still stuck on skin color as a determining factor in anything,
Shame on you.

If you don't like the behaviour of white thugs or black thugs
or all the thug points in between.
That's your right, and certainly doesn't mean you're racist.

But do know this, things like the playing field of Earth,
being equal to all who play on it without predudice or oppression,
regardless of skin color, is not reality. Still.

Having a preference for somatic norm of your society is to be expected but it does not automatically lead to racism.
Marco Polo

In 1288 and again in 1293 the Venetian traveler Marco Polo visited the Pandyan kingdom and left a vivid description of the land and its people. Polo exclaimed that: "The darkest man is here the most highly esteemed and considered better than the others who are not so dark. Let me add that in very truth these people portray and depict their gods and their idols black and their devils white as snow. For they say that God and all the saints are black and the devils are all white. That is why they portray them as I have described. www.msresa.com/history.htm

The Greeks

Now these Ethiopians to whom Cambyses was sending are said to be thetallest and the most beautiful of all men; and besides other customs which they are reported to have different from other men, there is especially this, it is said, with regard to their regal power,--whomsoever of the men of their nation they judge to be the tallest and to have strength in proportion to his stature, this man they appoint to reign over them.

Understand that the Greeks were a majority White folk and full of themselves to boot but on the issue of "race" as we know it they wouldn't be able to make sense of it .

The world looked quite different 5000 yrs ago than it did at about 500 yrs ago to the present.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Spider is on the money here but some of the folks won’t listen because their being too defensive.

Systematic, scientific racism was developed by English and German pseudo scientists to justify slavery and colonialism, and they invented this false concept of race. Of course the white race ended up being the best race in this scheme.

If you look at ancient times you rarely read guys like Josephus, an ancient Jewish Historian, referring to skin color. This is a new invention of some Europeans to justify the evil they did and were doing to Native Americans, Africans and Asians.

Chill folks, don't feel guilty or defensive and you may learn somthing of value and enrich your understanding.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Very well stated.
And I concur. Thanks for that.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The question is do whites feel they are born superior or are they responding to the black culture that is being presented to them.

Culture is shared and diffused through many levels including food I am quite sure many racist hate Mexicans but love themselves some burritos,if some Whites feel they are born superior then that is a reflection of the Global White Supremacy I alluded to above.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join