It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

97 Y.O. Man Has A Solution To Our Daily Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Many of us come to this website to talk about our world's problems. Problems from our past. Problems in the present. Potential problems for our future. Many of us complain and babble over information that may or may not be true. We've been doing this for a very long time. We are making progress but not quickly enough to prevent many of the problems that lie ahead.
The word 'Problem' gets more attention than the word 'Solution'. I won't make this fancy nor will I lace this thread with all the exciting dialogue of an intellect or a guy that's pretending to be an intellect. Quit hashing over problems. We know our country and our world has problems. If you want to make a difference, look up a man named Jacque Fresco. He's 97. He was alive during the Great Depression. He amazes me because many of his ideas parallel mine.
How can we possibly go on with this complex method of survival? How can any of you overlook what is right before your eyes? Why did I add this thread to the 'Survival' forum? Because we will need a new method of survival after things fall apart. We already know what we have been using as a method to survive is not and has not been working. When things fall apart, I promise you that if you thought nobody listened to you before, they will not listen to you then if you plan to say 'I told ya so' followed with a list of facts and observations based on your research as to...why things fell apart. They will not want to hear why. They will want to know about a solution so this does not happen again. It may not be too late. We may still have a chance to educate people. We will not force or dictate but educate. Lenin forced people and lost. Hitler lost. We will, too, if we impose a solution.
Mr. Fresco and myself are amongst many thousands of people who believe a Resource Based Economy is the only way we will advance as a species. Nothing else has ever worked! Get rid of money! You do not need money to make this world spin. The people of today are conditioned to believe and accept that as the only way. The people of tomorrow will pity us because rich...poor...you are all victims of a scam. If you know what I'm talking about and you do nothing with your awareness, then shame on you. If you have no idea what I'm talking about and you've gotten this far in my post, you might as well become informed. Go the distance and look at the test facility this man has created. It's called The Venus Project.

www.thevenusproject.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's not that there has ever been
a shortage of ideas,
it's that some elusive power
hiding in the shadows, pulling strings, and destroying the righteous
doesn't want us to fix things.

We've been trying since the 60's
and the path is littered with corpses.

Mike

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by donutviper

Ya it sure is a utopian view, and wonderful to think about....but...as with most good things it is too good to be true..
Venus BS

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I'm becoming that old guy on the block that yells "stay off my lawn!"

You can't just build an entire city like that without a ton of money, lawyers and planning. If you brought that plan to any county in the united states they would laugh at you.

In order for that plan to work, you would have to have the foundation in place, the economy and the money supply would have to basicly vanish. All local governments would have to be either severly disabled or non existant. To top if off you would need resources readily available for construction, labor and materials.

Its a nice dream but in reality, its just a dream.

It's like the solar industry, a 40k investment to save myself a 100 bucks a month in electricity? Makes no sense to anyone, unless your 10.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If you could snap your fingers and have everybody suddenly become like-minded, the project could work, I guess.

But, I had to chuckle a bit when I read #97 on how to solve the alcohol and drug problems. And, then I envisioned some of the characters I have seen downtown with their pants below their butt cracks, tattooed from stem to stern with gang symbols, stoned out of their gourd, suddenly agreeing to "meditate and exercise to relieve their tensions".

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It may be BS and it may very well be a dream. Yep...we may end up dead for spoutin off at the mouth. You like calling our current way of life the only way? You're gonna die anyways. We already live in BS. And this is not a dream...it's a nightmare. I did not start this post to debate. If you enjoy going back and forth with your truths and lies, by all means...that's what this site was started for. The member base is over 286,000 people these days. Just wanted to put it out there. Transition may not be possible right now. We all know that. But what do we do when we have to start over? Any ideas instead of making clever remarks about how impossible it may be? Where are all the economic gurus?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

The link I posted covers the economics part in-depth. I think the biggest issue we must overcome is corruption before we can move into a feature of this nature. Humans while we will cooperate it is often only if we benefit, most will not put themselves out to ensure another has.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

The problem with a utopian system is that it also has all the same ingredients for a totalitarian system - the only difference is who is in charge. To put it another way - it's too risky to build something that could enslave us all.

The best system for us is for us to all divide into small colonies like the Amish. That is true perfection - no one colony would disrupt another, nor would it control anyone - because you can leave it.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

its about financial security and prosperity.

everyone wants it. but in today's form, the excessive lifestyle of the rich and famous isn't possible for everyone. How could every guy have a mega-yacht, jet, helo, mansions, servants, etc... hey, there it is..........servants......... that's the point. Plus, do you like it better when Disneyland with 4hr lines for a ride or, when its VIP only?

The world is anti-competition for the top, and survival of the dirtiest for the rest of us.

MONEY is basically a wall/moat/fortress between the ELITES and the rest. they are positioning daily their assets thru the bankster/money changers for ONE GOAL..

make sure no one else gets any..........that would threaten theirs.... don't let weeds get out of control, pollinate, spread.

Look at the any of the Queen's Royal Garden... to the ELITES, we are the landscape. Some of the queens special flowers probably giver her more concern at death than 100 babies the world over..
i

Until the majority give up the desire it wont happen.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Not the first time the Venus Project has come up, and surely not the last. It's a pipe dream, of course, rife with problems right out of the gate.

Money exists for a reason. Most things aren't easily divisible, so money represents a way to assign a value to something that is universally comparable to other goods and services for exchange. It's as simple as that.

How many chickens = 1 goat? For that matter, how many gallons of gas will a goat buy? These are ridiculous calculations to have to keep making and reassessing on a daily basis.

Money isn't the problem...the modern financial and banking system is. The idea of backing a currency with FAITH is what is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The more "online" we become, the more we have opportunities to discuss alternatives to this unsustainable existence we are all forced to be a part of, and we are forced, it isn't by consent, it's by coercion.

Gee, why is the internet monitored so closely?....

The Venus Project is a step in the right direction, many are forced into part-time employment already, and because of this may have time to think and to come to the realization they are enslaved, and we are.

The only thing that stands in the way of progress toward sustainability is the most powerful thing in this current reality.

The Banks.

A new way of doing business cannot be controlled via the same old outdated institutions that have always controlled everything.
edit on 15-8-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: add on

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It sounds great but if I just stopped getting paid for my work i'd be kicked out of my unit and starve on the street because others wont be doing the same thing as I am for fear of being kicked out of their unit and starving on the street.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Fear is the greatest way to keep people under control that was ever devised, religion is the oldest example of fear based control. You must live like this, or you will spend eternity in damnation and fire....

All I know for sure is this, here and now, I don't sit around waiting to die for things to be better in some BS afterlife where I live out eternity in heaven, sounds kinda boring anyway.

How bad does it have to get before the pain of a meaningless existence overcomes the fear of moving to a different way?.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
have you hugged your nazi today?

new topics

top topics

join