It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney For Whistleblower: 400 U.S. Surface-to-Air Missiles Stolen In Benghazi

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
More crazy people eating hearts and shooting every civilian they can find.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

You're talking about this as if it were new news?

This is old news; people knew about this before Benghazi ever happened. I thought everyone knew this already?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Most people don't even research that, and just call AQ the US/CIA.

Same people ALL of them are in Syria, but really most of the trouble in the middle east is because of Saudi Arabia, and Iran wants to play king of the world.

Even Russia is there yet again/

Yes it is a quagmire...a mixed quilt for sure.

I just follow al Qaeda, its rather easy to follow the footprints
like a pirates trek across the global map... Pakistan, Afghanistan,
to Syria, to Africa.

Oh another clue....The Arc of Instability.

Anyone wondering still? Research CIA Fifth Column.

edit on 13-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The supposed Stinger missiles must be well and truly hidden, because nobody can claim to have a documented Stinger kill in the Syrian war.we can worry when and if.....
perhaps Russian SAMs would be Quadaffis best alternate weapon to stockpile,...in which case maybe its really SAM 7s they were trying to round up.....and that would be the 20,000 figure?
There really was NO need to arm the Libyans with stingers, and I really dont see the idiots being that stupid to do so.....
On the other hand, maybe they were that dumb.....

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
What difference does it make?

Absolutely everything.

So much negligence and deceit with Benghazi.

Don't be a conspiracy theorist they said, they aren't lying they said.

These people who lied and messed this situation up are the same ones that were or are supposed to protect the American people and their interests.

the more that comes out from this, the more I think that these imbeciles couldn't navigate their way out of a wet paper bag. Its ridiculous that they allowed these weapons to be stolen and then keep it a secret for all this time.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

If this is true, and president Obama just watched from a drone, then WOW. This amounts to letting them TAKE the missiles...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Another brilliant thread from BTS.
Just like the energizer bunny, "keeps going et going"
SnF

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The supposed Stinger missiles must be well and truly hidden, because nobody can claim to have a documented Stinger kill in the Syrian war.we can worry when and if.....
perhaps Russian SAMs would be Quadaffis best alternate weapon to stockpile,...in which case maybe its really SAM 7s they were trying to round up.....and that would be the 20,000 figure?
There really was NO need to arm the Libyans with stingers, and I really dont see the idiots being that stupid to do so.....
On the other hand, maybe they were that dumb.....

Not sure but I think this was a stinger.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

If i'm interpreting this correctly, the 400 S2A missiles were Libyan, probably 'appropriated' by CIA ground operatives prior to the West's air campaign over Libya.

The CIA then 'accidentally' allowed the Taliban to get their hands on them, hoping a headline would soon appear of extremists downing a passenger jet or so with the 'stolen' missiles...hence shoring up support for more MIL-IND spending and profits, and the ensuring the continuation of the war on terror.

Just a POV.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Tangential thought> Alex Jones had stated the OP as fact approx a year ago...and while he is a sensationalist and no dummy he is also not that smart. He had to learn this from another source and then could not contain the info (makes him look prescient). So....it would be nice to ascertain from whom he learned this information and it begs the question....is AJ working as a government agent?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

yet another anonymous source

"This information comes from a former intelligence official who stayed in constant contact with people in the special ops and intelligence community,

to compound the other 1500 anonymous sources who all seem to have conflicting intelligence.

Why would we have 400 anti-air missiles there, when we were making sure we held them with our air assets?
It seems a bit backwards leaving this stuff there... do we even have proof it was there? or is this just more guess work?

Do you really believe an administration would let 400 missiles just lie around a Arab land like that with no protection? 400 anti air missiles, that sounds like it would need a bit of room to store.

I don't know what happened or who was to blame, but it appears every week there's a new anonymous source with incredible information that just turns into hot air..

This is a classic propaganda technique. Create questions and start a debate. Most of these questions can be answered easily enough. I always find it strange when a post comes up that is only meant to discredit the OP and create doubt. Not to say it doesn't have merit but I wonder about the theory of paid shills. When you read this it adds nothing to the conversation, just asks questions.
I guess you could say I just used the same propaganda technique
edit on 14-8-2013 by jlafleur02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So the original news release said that after the fall of the Libyan government 20,000 missiles went missing. Everyone is all panty-twisted about the 400. Where are the other 19,600?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Happy1

biased much?
If the world didn't arrest GWB and his cronies for their actual crimes.. then Obama's got nothing to worry about.
Don't get me wrong, he had the chance to change the world for the better and remove these cancers in our society and he didn't.. he's just as in the wrong as everyone else. But some of you act like he's the only man in the world who's ever done wrong, it shows what type of society we've become..
Me me me, now now now.
edit on 13-8-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

As far as I remember, people complained just as much about bush and to this day you don't hear anybody praising him or missing him. People have been complaining about presidents as long as I can remember because they've all been evil since before I was born.

If the number of people complaining about the president has increased at all that would be due to two things I can think of off the top of my head. ATS has experienced explosive growth, and more people are "waking up" in general to the realities of the system.

The viciousness of the complaints has not increased as far as I recall. People hated Bush. People called him a traitor after 9/11, and people hated him for starting wars. People's attitudes may have been slightly different in some ways towardBush due to his "retarded cowboy" routine that he mastered... We have been conditioned to feel sorry for retarded people. People saw him as a bumbling idiot, when the opposite was true. So they may have given him a little more slack, but not much as he was always being called an idiot, a moron, etc... We don't see Obama as incapable or unintelligent, so he does not get that leniency that we would give to a small child. Maybe that is what you are noticing...or one of the other things I have mentioned?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Does ANYONE think that new and old weapons aren't subject to the trickle down theory? The Arms Merchants, the Death Dealers... they create new weapons for the governments. Some get stolen, some get sold from one nation to another, some enter the black market, some become "obsolete" simply because there is a Newer and Better model.... and the trickle down theory just plain happens. You can go to an arms bazaar in Pakistan and buy most anything you want. There are plenty of places where the right money buys what you want. Yes, shoulder fired missiles are a huge step, but we lost control of quite a few of them back when we were helping the Taliban and Jihadists (WHAT? US?) fight the Soviets in Afghanistan.... this is a scary story. But NOT unexpected. Backpack nukes? Small Pox Virus? Nerve Gas? Shoulder Fired Missiles? The toys get played with, some get used up, some get into other hands..... nothing new, just our Tax Dollars at work! The largest Arms Dealer in the world? The U.S. Do we always only sell to countries with the tightest of controls? No. Do the companies that create the arms and weapons ever have goods stolen? Sure. The government? Sure. There's LOTSA weapons out there! Black market. Stolen. Donated. Bought and resold. Traded for drugs, cash, sex slaves..... Trickle down, Shoot down! Make ya think twice about flying? The government doesn't want us to be too scared to spend money. No panic, no need to worry... wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Thanks much V1,
on the video also!

CNS News adds diGenova’s assertion that “we had troops ready to deploy in Croatia to go that night of September 11, 2012 to rescue Americans.” He also complained about “the flippancy of the president of the United States who talks about a sealed indictment to cover his fanny — to make it look like he’s doing something when in fact he has done nothing,” a reference to Obama’s surprise disclosure during his August 9 press conference – an action that some legal experts believe was a violation of federal law, or would be, if the President was still required to obey laws.

www.humanevents.com...
www.cnsnews.com...

And also now we learn that the U.S. is "hiding" the Innocence Of Muslims filmaker.
www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So this is not new news...

The Benghazi mission was CIA and to recover stolen surface-to-air missles..

I posted links in anohter thread back in May...reposting follows

First, some important context: Although the ambassador was killed, the Benghazi “consulate” was not a consulate at all but basically a secret CIA operation which included an effort to round up shoulder-launched missiles. In fact, only seven of the 30 Americans evacuated from Benghazi had any connection to the State Department; the rest were affiliated with the CIA.

The official reports, such as the one from the Accountability Review Board and the Senate Homeland Security Committee report, essentially dance around that uncomfortable fact:

“In December 2011, the Under Secretary for Management approved a one-year continuation of the U.S. Special Mission in Benghazi, which was never a consulate and never formally notified to the Libyan government.” (ARB)

“The attacks in Benghazi occurred at two different locations: a Department of State ‘Temporary Mission Facility’ and an Annex facility (‘Annex’) approximately a mile away used by another agency of the United States Government.” (Senate report)

So, from the State Department perspective, this was an attack on a CIA operation, perhaps by the very people the CIA was battling, and the ambassador tragically was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But, for obvious reasons, the administration could not publicly admit that Benghazi was mostly a secret CIA effort.

LINK

edit on 21-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration secretly gave its blessing to arms shipments to Libyan rebels from Qatar last year, but American officials later grew alarmed as evidence grew that Qatar was turning some of the weapons over to Islamic militants, according to United States officials and foreign diplomats.

No evidence has emerged linking the weapons provided by the Qataris during the uprising against Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi to the attack that killed four Americans at the United States diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, in September

But in the months before, the Obama administration clearly was worried about the consequences of its hidden hand in helping arm Libyan militants, concerns that have not previously been reported. The weapons and money from Qatar strengthened militant groups in Libya, allowing them to become a destabilizing force since the fall of the Qaddafi government.

l ink

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

And, as Kessler also points out, the internal Accountability Review Board, in its investigation, tiptoed around the delicate matter: The U.S. Special Mission in Benghazi, it said, "was never a consulate and never formally notified to the Libyan government." In other words, this was a hit on a CIA outpost, resulting in the death of an ambassador who happened to be there at the time.

www.cnn.com...

Ambassador Stephens was the "Special Envoy" to the Rebel Forces during the revolution...and his presence there in Libya was a continuation of that operation..."Special Mission Benghazi"...

23 of the 30 Americans rescued in Benghazi were CIA...only 7 were with the State Department.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
CNN

But in practice - and this is what so few people have focused on - the larger U.S. presence was in a secret outpost operated by the CIA.

About 30 people were evacuated from Benghazi the morning after the deadly attack last September 11; more than 20 of them were CIA employees.

Sources at the State Department say this context explains why there was so much debate over those talking points. Essentially, they say, the State Department felt it was being blamed for bungling what it saw as largely a CIA operation in Benghazi.

Internally at the CIA, sources tell CNN there was a big debate after the attacks to acknowledge that the two former Navy SEALs killed – Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty – were CIA employees. At a 2010 attack in Khost, Afghanistan, when seven CIA officers were killed in the line of duty, the agency stepped forward and acknowledged their service and sacrifice. But in this instance - for reasons many in the Obama administration did not fully understand - it took the CIA awhile to "roll back their covers." Petraeus did not attend their funerals.

LINK

Washington Post Fact Checker

In fact, only seven of the 30 Americans evacuated from Benghazi had any connection to the State Department; the rest were affiliated with the CIA.

LINK

Wall Street Journal

When the bodies of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans killed in Benghazi, Libya, arrived at Andrews Air Force Base after the Sept. 11 attack, they were greeted by the president, the vice president and the secretaries of state and defense. Conspicuously absent was CIA Director David Petraeus.

Officials close to Mr. Petraeus say he stayed away in an effort to conceal the agency's role in collecting intelligence and providing security in Benghazi. Two of the four men who died that day, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, were former Navy SEAL commandos who were publicly identified as State Department contract security officers, but who actually worked as Central Intelligence Agency contractors, U.S. officials say.

Of the more than 30 American officials evacuated from Benghazi following the deadly assault, only seven worked for the State Department. Nearly all the rest worked for the CIA, under diplomatic cover, which was a principal purpose of the consulate, these officials said.

The CIA's secrecy affected how the U.S. government dealt with the families of the two slain contractors. Kate Quigley, Mr. Doherty's sister, said officials who visited her mother in Massachusetts identified themselves as State Department representatives. Officials said the State Department deferred to the CIA to contact the families and the "notification teams" included CIA officers.

WSJ LINK....THIS LINK HAS THE MOST RELEVANT INFO...PLEASE READ IN FULL IF YOU WANT GOOD INFO

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Your a bit late, but I dont see any news in your posts that disclosed
anything about stolen missiles.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join