It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will GMO supporters enroll their families in a five-year exclusively GMO-only-diet program?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by dominicus

You eat nothing but three tasteless foods for a year then come talk to me. I said I would do the study for free food not an idiotic diet that I wouldn't feed to my dog. You culdn’t pay me enough to eat just that for 5 years being non GMO. You must have boring meals.

Honestly go back and read the very first post after the OP which was mine I laid out what I am willing to do right there.

What are you afraid of? Give an inch you try to take a mile I am not a damn vegan. I don’t even know any vegans that would only eat three things for years. Again only a moron would try a diet like that or try to get others to eat just that.

Being chicken sh!t? No just not a moron.

Go eat your soy burger with alfalfa and corn side then come back and tell me how tasty it was. Non GMO for you of course. Never had a soy burger myself and wouldn’t care to try one but it sounds right up your alley kind of like a soup sandwich.

If I was to agree to it, eating only monsatan/dupont/dow based gmo's for 5 years, then I would do just that. Otherwise once your tumors start popping up, all the idiotic pro-gmo'ers will come up with another excuse and say, "oh it's from the fruits, or the meat, or the fish.

We can't even get non-biased studies because they're all paid for by monsatan, and any independent study that comes out is always skewed, not right, no-blind studies, lack of control groups, always something.

So you wanting to add meat/fish/fruits will be eventually used as an excuse.

Personally, to prove a point, I wouldn't have a problem sticking to corn/soy/alfalfa/wheat, considering each one can be made in hundreds of different ways. Then ask a nutritionist if there is anything that the diet lacks, and add those as supplements.

Even the way you laid it out on page 1, doing it your way, I'd still bet you 10-fresh crispy 100 dollar bills that within 12 months you'll have tumors somewhere in ya!!!!

I think you made an excellent point. They do tend to highlight the weak points and disqualify research data that way, don't they?
You are absolutely right that no non-gmo product should be allowed at all in the program as it may taint the collected data. This, of course, is not to deter pro-GMO folks from participating. It is only to safeguard against participants and families not being able to claim HUGE compensation when they fall terminally ill. So we do need to look at stringent process for this purpose. Thanks for highlighting that, Dominicus. Sorry, Grimpachi. Yes, indeed, these GMO ingredients can be served in various ways. Our then good chefs and nutritionists will look into this.

edit on 12-8-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You eat nothing but three tasteless foods for a year then come talk to me. I said I would do the study for free food not an idiotic diet that I wouldn't feed to my dog.

Speaking of dogs, just on a side note, Jamie Oliver commented about American fast food burgers: 'Basically, we’re taking a product that would be sold at the cheapest form for dogs and after this process we can give it to humans' said the TV chef."

Read and Watch Video

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

You guys are the ones talking about law suits I certainly wasn't. I am absolutely confident that there wouldn't be anything to worry about so I am in it for the free food bills. That is enough for my family and me.

You can't possibly be thinking that mixing other foods with GMOs would render them safe because if that is the case then no one should have any worries. Regardless count me as another control group I will eat large portions of GMOs at ever sitting but I will have my other food stuffs as well.

Unless of course you guys are trying to make the diet unpalatable to everyone except those who would eat a skunks ass and smile about it. Sounds like someone’s scared but not those willing to eat the GMOs.

edit on 12-8-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurius

You eat nothing but three tasteless foods for a year then come talk to me. I said I would do the study for free food not an idiotic diet that I wouldn't feed to my dog.

Speaking of dogs, just on a side note, Jamie Oliver commented about American fast food burgers: 'Basically, we’re taking a product that would be sold at the cheapest form for dogs and after this process we can give it to humans' said the TV chef."

Read and Watch Video

Oh I can believe that I lived in Asia a few years so when it got close to the time for me to come back state side I started thinking about the fast food joints like Taco Bell and Micky Ds I had a taste in my mind yet when I got back and ate at those places for the first times again that is exactly how I thought about the taste. Dog food.

You get used to it after a while though.

Incidentally I ate Fido a few times over there because I didn’t know what I was ordering the first few times I didn’t know till to late then I learned the texture.
There is a lot to be said about making learning languages a priority when traveling.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

You can't possibly be thinking that mixing other foods with GMOs would render them safe because if that is the case then no one should have any worries.

the whole mixing regular foods with frankenfoods(gmo) deal, will eventually produce skewed results. Cause once they find your tumors, then its not clear cut to the pro-frankenfooders that the lab designed poisons are at fault.

If it's strictly gmo, then your tumors are clearly connected to franenfoods and there's no more b.s. excuses and biased studies paid for my monsatan (the worlds most corrupt, unethical, immoral, most hated fascist piece of crap company in the world)

But the way, let's patent air and water and charge humans for every breath of air and every drop of water they use!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

The 5-year Gmo diet program would be simple:
Only Soy, Corn, Alfalfa based on Monsanto/Dupont/Dow based tech.
5 Years straight.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, any such trial would also need controls.
So as well as looking for volunteers to eat the GMO food, this trial also needs volunteers to eat *the same* non GMO food.

So... are you willing to put your hand up for 5 years of nothing but (nonGMO) Soy, Corn and Alfalfa?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

So in other words your chickening out.
To bad I could use an extra 100k.

My offer still stands I will even put a 100K in a trust with contract. Here for our deal no matter what if I were to get tumors regardless of other foods it will pay out. If you are so certain of their poisonous effects you have no reason to back out.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
We are probably getting ahead of ourselves by getting too detailed at this point.

Everything will have to be thought through very carefully and in much depth at a later stage. At present moment, the invitation remains to all GMO proponents to participate in the GMO-Only diet program. No further details. If you are convinced that GMO food is safe, feel free to express your interest to volunteer yourself and family. If you find later (should this be implemented), the conditions are too stringent for you, you and family are free to back down. further screenings will have to be done too. So just an expression of interest for now... that's it.

PS. Nothing personal, but this will not be a charity program. There are soup kitchens that one could go to if he/she needs only free food, and it would probably be tasty too. The main aim is to test the safety of GMO food. Free food will be the incentive.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurius
At present moment, the invitation remains to all GMO proponents to participate in the GMO-Only diet program.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, any such trial would also need controls.
So as well as looking for volunteers to eat the GMO food, this trial also needs volunteers to eat *the same* non GMO food.
Are you willing to put yourself forward for a 5 year diet of nothing but corn and alfalfa, Kurius?

edit on 13-8-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

If any of you think that I would eat

Only Soy, Corn, Alfalfa
for any period of time you all are crazy. I don’t care if it was non GMO or GMO that isn’t crap I would eat for a diet what do you think I am a farm animal. SICK. I have no problem eating them with a regular diet of meat and fish and fruits even meat and fish that have been fed GMOs but humans can’t survive on such a limited diet.

What do you think other foods would cancel out the supposed negative effects of GMOs? In that case quite you’re bitching because your supposition is BS. I bet I eat something with GMOs in it every day with no negative affects at all. Only a moron would try to live off of

Only Soy, Corn, Alfalfa
for more than a few days yet I know those morons exist.

I would eat GMOs with every meal every day no problem along with meats that were raised on GMOs but if you think someone would sign up to eat a diet of only a 3 plants for 5 years you are freaking morons. That goes for GMOs or non GMOs.

I've yet to see anyone discuss what genes are modified and how these cause a problem. It is all just "GMO this, GMO that" without any depth.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I've yet to see anyone discuss what genes are modified and how these cause a problem. It is all just "GMO this, GMO that" without any depth.

I've posted TONS of links on various ATS GMO threads showing that Monsatan/Dow/DuPont based GMO's, majority of whjch produce their own Bt pesticide or are designed to resist roundup, with studies showing that these gmo's effect dna, bugs gain resistence anyway within 3-5 years, pollen drift, destroys soils, kills valuable bugs such as ladybugs, green lacewings, monarch butterflies, not to mention the unethical/immoral litigious fear mongering strong arm tactics used by Monsatan to strike fear in Farmers to use their seed.

Did you just crawl out from under a rock or something, which you have been under for the last 15 years?

reply to post by alfa1

As mentioned earlier in the thread, any such trial would also need controls. So as well as looking for volunteers to eat the GMO food, this trial also needs volunteers to eat *the same* non GMO food. Are you willing to put yourself forward for a 5 year diet of nothing but corn and alfalfa, Kurius?

I'm game. I'll do the non-gmo version of all those, which I already have in my diet anyway and go out of my way to check the labels and sources and also am in perfect health. Count me in.

My offer still stands I will even put a 100K in a trust with contract. Here for our deal no matter what if I were to get tumors regardless of other foods it will pay out. If you are so certain of their poisonous effects you have no reason to back out.

where did I say I was chickening out? I didn't. I said you were cause you're crying about your meats and fruits and what not.

I'm game and I'll be the control. Strictly corn/soy/alfalfa/wheat, all non-gmo.

Should be about 9-12 months before I start calling you Grimpachi aka Mr. Tumors. By the way, do you have cancer insurance? (U.S. is number one country in people with cancer for exactly this reason, gmo's in the food supply)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

I've posted TONS of links on various ATS GMO threads showing that Monsatan/Dow/DuPont based GMO's, majority of whjch produce their own Bt pesticide or are designed to resist roundup, with studies showing that these gmo's effect dna, bugs gain resistence anyway within 3-5 years, pollen drift, destroys soils, kills valuable bugs such as ladybugs, green lacewings, monarch butterflies, not to mention the unethical/immoral litigious fear mongering strong arm tactics used by Monsatan to strike fear in Farmers to use their seed.

Did you just crawl out from under a rock or something, which you have been under for the last 15 years?

reply to post by alfa1

As mentioned earlier in the thread, any such trial would also need controls. So as well as looking for volunteers to eat the GMO food, this trial also needs volunteers to eat *the same* non GMO food. Are you willing to put yourself forward for a 5 year diet of nothing but corn and alfalfa, Kurius?

I'm game. I'll do the non-gmo version of all those, which I already have in my diet anyway and go out of my way to check the labels and sources and also am in perfect health. Count me in.

where did I say I was chickening out? I didn't. I said you were cause you're crying about your meats and fruits and what not.

I'm game and I'll be the control. Strictly corn/soy/alfalfa/wheat, all non-gmo.

Should be about 9-12 months before I start calling you Grimpachi aka Mr. Tumors. By the way, do you have cancer insurance? (U.S. is number one country in people with cancer for exactly this reason, gmo's in the food supply)

So do you always start a discussion with a stranger by being a Dick or just on certain subjects?

Post one that explains the particular pathophysiology and we can discuss it.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

So do you always start a discussion with a stranger by being a Dick or just on certain subjects?

Did you want some kind of cushy heart felt introduction with flowers, hot chocolate, and cupcakes while I give you a shoulder massage and surprise you with round trip tickets to acapulco? Let's just get to the point shall we?

Hey, you said it here:

Is it really that hard to google what genes are modified in Gmo's made by monsatan/dupont/dow? This is THE whole point of these debates, that these three specifically, which are the majority of the GMO producers of corn/soy/alfalfa, which then ends up in the food supply, specifically modify the plant genes to produce their own Bt pesticides or to resist roundup......

this is the crap that's poisoning the U.S. Ask yourself why the U.S. is number 1 in cancer, diabetes, Autism, Heart disease and start looking for the correlations.

Post one that explains the particular pathophysiology and we can discuss it.

There's other threads that have been popping for years on ATS that specifically discuss the modified genes in GMO's. Where have you been for those threads?

This thread is specifically about going on an all GMO diet for Pro-GMO'ers, which can/will prove for both sides whether or not this poisonous crap is or isn't poisonous.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So you will take the bet? Besides I don't know how you figure chickening out is equated with I want to eat real food as well such as meats fish and fruits. I said only a moron would only eat 3 tings for 5 years yet you said you will for 12 months. Great you eat those three things for 12 months and I will eat those 3 things GMO style plus real food meats and so forth and in 12 months we will compare our Health.

You are in perfect health you say well I am OK smoked for 26 years a few pounds heavy but still run 2 miles a day and stay active. See odds are looking good for you already. Now maybe some of the legal eagles on here will know how to get started for this bet. When you lose and you will I want a solid contract you can’t weasel out of. Like I said I will put 100k up in trust for my end. You will have two options to pay out at the end.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

nearly 20 years.

Really?
They have had GMOs and been selling them in the grocery stores since the 70's.
As for the OP I'm sure most people would because most people don't care.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

So you will take the bet? Besides I don't know how you figure chickening out is equated with I want to eat real food as well such as meats fish and fruits. I said only a moron would only eat 3 tings for 5 years yet you said you will for 12 months. Great you eat those three things for 12 months and I will eat those 3 things GMO style plus real food meats and so forth and in 12 months we will compare our Health.

I would do it for 5 years, but bet that within 9-12 months of those 5 years, you'll have tumors. I can eat those 3 things, (add wheat since there's GMO's version of that, as well as GMO rice for you to add, which means I can add the organic).

Like I said, you adding "real meats food" will skew the results cause when you're tumors start showing up, the Pro-GMO crowd will just say, (Oh that's because of the meats or fruits) and then we're back to square one.

You are in perfect health you say well I am OK smoked for 26 years a few pounds heavy but still run 2 miles a day and stay active.

That's also a problem, again once the tumors grow: "Oh it's because he smoke for 26 years, yea yea that's why." We're at a dead end here.

See odds are looking good for you already. Now maybe some of the legal eagles on here will know how to get started for this bet. When you lose and you will I want a solid contract you can’t weasel out of. Like I said I will put 100k up in trust for my end. You will have two options to pay out at the end.

I said 10-hundred dollar bills, which is 1k. I would be willing to bet 100k, however all that is wrapped up in a farm/acreage/organic crops and a house. I'd bet the farm though!!!! Too bad about the 26 years smoking and the meats/fruits!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

No, simply common courtesy is just fine.

The problem is, the US is not number one in all cancers, and there is yet a cause and effect link.

"Cancer" is not a monolithic disease but a set of a hundred or so different diseases all with different causal factors. Anything that is purported to cause everything is just as suspect as anything that is purported to cause everything.

Sure, I'd take the bet proposed by the OP just like I received all of my vaccinations. Sometimes belief systems take on a certain fanatical bent, absent the evidence, just because people "feel" that it must be so.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The bet is 100k 12 months GMOs foods with every meal I eat no law suits involved on my end I am not concerned. I get tumors I pay I don't then you pay it is that simple.

Are you in or out?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

No, simply common courtesy is just fine.

The problem is, the US is not number one in all cancers, and there is yet a cause and effect link.

"Cancer" is not a monolithic disease but a set of a hundred or so different diseases all with different causal factors. Anything that is purported to cause everything is just as suspect as anything that is purported to cause everything.

Sure, I'd take the bet proposed by the OP just like I received all of my vaccinations. Sometimes belief systems take on a certain fanatical bent, absent the evidence, just because people "feel" that it must be so.

Ok, we have Grimphaci, NavyDoc, Phage and LucidDream and their family members so far who are willing to be the guinea pigs for GMO food.

You have brought up a good point...and that is the very issue that is extremely mind-blowing to individuals like myself. Why the "fanatical bent"? Since when has it become a religious jihad? Why would anyone willingly sacrifice themselves and loved ones for Monsanto, etc plus their shareholders? Are these giants so poor and helpless they they need you and your children's protection? Shouldn't you really insist on proper acceptable-to-all system in place to really control test GM food instead? Saying we have been consuming it for 20 odd years is certainly not a controlled test (aren't you furious no one warned you of this covert "experiment" in the first place?). The question you should ask yourselves is: why would you side with these corporations...not the general population? What are you/family to gain or already profiting from GMO's? We are certainly not running out of food tomorrow, are we? Of course, the longer we wait, the more power given to these already-powerful corporations, the more likely the entire system will be held hostage at some point in the future. By then, no one will be able to insist on anything...much less a long-term study without risking the entire food production shut down causing massive panic and possible collapse. Do you really want this to happen? Similar situation is already happening with the western banking system, if you don't already know or learn from.

It would probably be wise for us to have an in-depth reflection, evaluation and healthy skepticism (probably on both sides of the issue) before sacrificing or pledging our allegiance to Godsanto. C'mon, seriously? Our children too?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The bet is 100k 12 months GMOs foods with every meal I eat no law suits involved on my end I am not concerned. I get tumors I pay I don't then you pay it is that simple.

Are you in or out?

Dominicus and Grimpachi....Sorry folks. Could you please bring your personal bets to Private Messaging instead? You could work out the terms of agreement amongst yourselves there. Grimpachi will probably have to bunk in with your family for a year for the controlled betting.

Thanks for enlivening the discussion.
edit on 13-8-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join