It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Will GMO supporters enroll their families in a five-year exclusively GMO-only-diet program?

page: 1
11
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ok, this is only a hypothetical program. If anyone could find some source of funding this could probably work and end most of the GMO debates in five years (or less)...Boy, ATS will be rather quiet then.


So the question is assuming that it can be implemented well (this has to be thought through), how many Monsanto/GMO supporters would volunteer? Incentives: free GM-based food. Penalty: caught consuming anything outside the program to pay back all costs of the full program.




posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Is that even possible? Are there that many different GMO crops? Would the study include beef that was fed GMOs because I have to eat my burgers, steak, pork chops, bacon and eggs, etcetera.

I wouldn’t have a problem doing it but I want an incentive for my time.

Hey I would do it if the food was supplied free of charge that should be more than fair. I am sure I would need to give up some of my favorite foods because they are not available in GMO variety but I think it’s doable as long as I can have meat. I need seasonings if they aren’t already available in GMO variety.

I know at least 20 others that would as well.

BTW not really for or against them so put me which ever side has more variety or which side is free.
edit on 10-8-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius
 


Ok, this is only a hypothetical program. If anyone could find some source of funding this could probably work and end most of the GMO debates in five years (or less)

How would it do that?
Assuming you would also have a non-GMO sample, what other lifestyle controls would be in place? You know we are affected by a lot more things than what we eat, right?


Free food. Sure. I'm in. But I'm not really actually a "supporter". Is that ok?



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Didn't you hear? We're already part of this program and we have no choice in the matter. It's been going on for nearly 20 years.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Didn't you hear? We're already part of this program and we have no choice in the matter. It's been going on for nearly 20 years.



Sorry, did I mention "exclusively"?



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Is that even possible? Are there that many different GMO crops? Would the study include beef that was fed GMOs because I have to eat my burgers, steak, pork chops, bacon and eggs, etcetera.

I wouldn’t have a problem doing it but I want an incentive for my time.

Hey I would do it if the food was supplied free of charge that should be more than fair. I am sure I would need to give up some of my favorite foods because they are not available in GMO variety but I think it’s doable as long as I can have meat. I need seasonings if they aren’t already available in GMO variety.

I know at least 20 others that would as well.


Thanks for participating. Only speak for yourselves please, folks. I can probably "produce" 20 others too who would back out.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I already been eating GMO for 10 yrs, i'll sign up.

Like someone mentioned, there is soooo many factors that affect a human, how would you know what actually caused the problem. Environment? Food? Mentality? Air? Virus/Bacteria?

Even if you clone to identical people, they might develop different behaviors on how they interpret things thus, they will be different person.

Until a direct result is available that shows GMO affecting cellular metabolism in a bad way, i'll will consume it to an extent.

Everything in moderation.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Kurius
 


Ok, this is only a hypothetical program. If anyone could find some source of funding this could probably work and end most of the GMO debates in five years (or less)

How would it do that?
Assuming you would also have a non-GMO sample, what other lifestyle controls would be in place? You know we are affected by a lot more things than what we eat, right?


Free food. Sure. I'm in. But I'm not really actually a "supporter". Is that ok?



Why not...Anyone that talks and walks like a supporter would always be most welcome.
Thanks for participating.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
I already been eating GMO for 10 yrs, i'll sign up.

Like someone mentioned, there is soooo many factors that affect a human, how would you know what actually caused the problem. Environment? Food? Mentality? Air? Virus/Bacteria?

Even if you clone to identical people, they might develop different behaviors on how they interpret things thus, they will be different person.

Until a direct result is available that shows GMO affecting cellular metabolism in a bad way, i'll will consume it to an extent.

Everything in moderation.



Don't worry about the technicalities for now. As long as you get free food and can prove you can pay back the entire program cost if you fail to stick (which is basically the amount you would have to pay for your normal food anyway), you are certainly eligible to "participate".



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius
 


Just signing up my family and extended family we probably all eat GMOs already anyway. None of them seem concerned about them hell most probably wouldn't know what GMO means. My family loves beef so it can get expensive.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm not joining in, I don't care if it was all free food. I know it is the quantities of changes within a generation that is the problem, not the single food changes. To boost up the food changes in one's life is suicide, either physically or mentally. If people want to do it, go ahead, a few less people in the world is all right with me. I don't think we should pay to support these people when they get sick or crazy though, let Monsanto pick up the charge.

Changing food chemistry consumed changes brain chemistry. All food is drugs, all food has toxic aspects if over consumed. In five years of real testing, science would know what happens, but the person who did the changes may not even know they are messed up in the head. Maybe some people who are messed up may even get a little better, but the majority would get worse. The whole group would be on meds at the end of five years, expensive meds with side effects.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I'm not joining in, I don't care if it was all free food. I know it is the quantities of changes within a generation that is the problem, not the single food changes. To boost up the food changes in one's life is suicide, either physically or mentally. If people want to do it, go ahead, a few less people in the world is all right with me. I don't think we should pay to support these people when they get sick or crazy though, let Monsanto pick up the charge.

Changing food chemistry consumed changes brain chemistry. All food is drugs, all food has toxic aspects if over consumed. In five years of real testing, science would know what happens, but the person who did the changes may not even know they are messed up in the head. Maybe some people who are messed up may even get a little better, but the majority would get worse. The whole group would be on meds at the end of five years, expensive meds with side effects.


The thing is, if majority of these subjects fall ill or develop cancer/tumor like the (two year?) rat experiment, we have basis for a class action lawsuit....or are such lawsuits already banned by the so-called 'Monsanto act'???



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius
 


The thing is, if majority of these subjects fall ill or develop cancer/tumor like the (two year?) rat experiment, we have basis for a class action lawsuit
By whom? Those who agree to take part in the experiment? Everyone who has cancer? Good luck with either of those. You know there was cancer before there were GMOs, right?



or are such lawsuits already banned by the so-called 'Monsanto act'??
No. That is a lie of the anti-GMO crowd. Anyone can sue anyone for anything.




edit on 8/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


come on phage you are the new poster boy of g.m.o stick you;r hand up



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse
 


There is no way to prove that it will make them worse.

Ok let me put forth an example.

What if invention of LCD screen is actually making people retarded by sending in artificial photons, and creating unstable synapsis by overpowering the nerves? but we can't sense it. (by the way i just pulled that theory out of my rear).

Maybe all of us are going dim witted because of LCD screens!
edit on 8/10/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
double post sorry

edit on 10/8/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream
 


Maybe all of us are going dim witted because of LCD screens!

Only if you don't have any other lights on.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by luciddream
 


Maybe all of us are going dim witted because of LCD screens!

Only if you don't have any other lights on.


Disinfo agent!

LCD are evil global manufacturing agenda to make us dumb! We need the natural retro tube TV.

Down with LCD screens!

edit: actually im changing over to OLED, Organic Light Emitting Diode! anything with "Organic" in it must be good!
edit on 8/10/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Kurius
 



or are such lawsuits already banned by the so-called 'Monsanto act'??
No. That is a lie of the anti-GMO crowd. Anyone can sue anyone for anything.




edit on 8/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)



Good. Let's look for some investors too then, while we are at it. We might need some more volunteers. I think if more than half develop cancer/tumor, that would be acceptable, don't you think? Or would you up the figure, Phage? 60%, say?



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
reply to post by Phage
 


come on phage you are the new poster boy of g.m.o stick you;r hand up


I think he is already volunteering his entire family.
Don't you just love it when people dare to walk the talk....even if it risks the health and lives of their entire offspring's? They should be heroes when this is all done.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
11
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join