It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will GMO supporters enroll their families in a five-year exclusively GMO-only-diet program?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurius

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by Kurius

Not that I support them but I just haven't seen any evidence showing their foods are harmful but try to remember some of us have lives outside of ATS at least I do not that everyone here can relate..

Btw, you should ideally be a firm believer of Monsanto's data (including their funded science and conference papers) and that the regulators are acting for the benefit of the people not corporations in all GMO issues in order to participate as a subject. If you do not, please state so.

Sorry but I have only read 1 or 2 of their studies on the other hand I have read many studies from those who claim there is something inherently unhealthy about GMOs and every single study from them has been lacking and sometimes fraudulent which is the reason I do not see any dangers with them.

If those who claim that GMOs were harmful were telling the truth then why did they conduct such bad science? So the lack of solid evidence against GMOs is what has convinced me they are not harmful. That and I have probably been eating them for many years now without any adverse effects.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Sorry but I have only read 1 or 2 of their studies on the other hand I have read many studies from those who claim there is something inherently unhealthy about GMOs and every single study from them has been lacking and sometimes fraudulent which is the reason I do not see any dangers with them.

If those who claim that GMOs were harmful were telling the truth then why did they conduct such bad science?

Its an issue I bring up time and time again but never gets answered.
If GMO foods are so bad, then why do anti-GMO people have to resort to lies and misrepresentation?
If Monsanto is so evil, then why do anti-Monsanto people have to use bogus lies to argue against them?

And I'm talking here about things like claims that GMO inherently causes less nutrients in food, Monsanto not allowing GMO food in its own cafeteria, Monsanto suing farmers over "wind blown" contamination, and of course the incredibly poor studies you refer to.

If GMO is so bad, so horrible, so unhealthy, so cancer causing, so nasty, so toxic... then surely there would be enough REAL arguments that people could use, that stand up to scrutiny. Surely there would be enough facts out there that people would not need to make up bogus crap in order to put the argument forward.

Surely, all that would need to be done, is tell the truth?
Apparently not.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

If those who claim that GMOs were harmful were telling the truth then why did they conduct such bad science?

Its an issue I bring up time and time again but never gets answered.
If GMO foods are so bad, then why do anti-GMO people have to resort to lies and misrepresentation?
If Monsanto is so evil, then why do anti-Monsanto people have to use bogus lies to argue against them?

And I'm talking here about things like claims that GMO inherently causes less nutrients in food, Monsanto not allowing GMO food in its own cafeteria, Monsanto suing farmers over "wind blown" contamination, and of course the incredibly poor studies you refer to.

If GMO is so bad, so horrible, so unhealthy, so cancer causing, so nasty, so toxic... then surely there would be enough REAL arguments that people could use, that stand up to scrutiny. Surely there would be enough facts out there that people would not need to make up bogus crap in order to put the argument forward.

Surely, all that would need to be done, is tell the truth?
Apparently not.

As I have hinted at before (in another thread), in any group that poses threat to multi-billion dollar ventures, there are bound to be paid or gullible individuals slipping/spreading mis/dis-information alongside genuine ones . Whether or not, in this case, they are targeted to confuse the masses who will end up disbelieve the truth entirely based on a few planted untruths - people like yourselves - we do not know, but quite possible. Most, like myself, tend to go with logic and common sense to distrust the giant companies with their shoddy practices/track record and corrupt regulators that curiously protect them more than traditional farmers.

Remember too that anti-GMO groups are decentralized movements and not as highly organized as the big Giants. It is easier to infiltrate these groups with some untruths and then highlight the "lies" to confuse and take public attention away from the crucial truths. It is also very effective way of creating conflicts within the loose structures.

If you have been on ATS long enough, you are able to spot this technique quite readily.

Anyway, that's not the main issue here in this thread. If you are ABSOLUTELY confident that there is no harm posed by consuming GMO's, you should be a perfect candidate for the program to volunteer you and your loved ones for the study.
edit on 12-8-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The way I see it,the top management+shareholders of companies like Monsanto should be FORCED to do this,along with their children-seeing they are hellbent on ramming their junk down everyone else's throats-that would be the ethical,moral,decent thing to do.And back up their argument that GMO food is perfectly safe and acceptable-they should indeed be very very publicly challenged to do so.Very publicly-there is a huge global population who would love to watch them try+squirm out of that one.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
The way I see it,the top management+shareholders of companies like Monsanto should be FORCED to do this,along with their children-seeing they are hellbent on ramming their junk down everyone else's throats-that would be the ethical,moral,decent thing to do.And back up their argument that GMO food is perfectly safe and acceptable-they should indeed be very very publicly challenged to do so.Very publicly-there is a huge global population who would love to watch them try+squirm out of that one.

Absolutely. I can't agree more....just like those politicians who agressively push for wars should also be sent packing to the warzones along with their entire families. But that's another thread.

Looking at the situation now, there are people on ATS who would willingly sacrifice themselves + their children (born or unborn) for Monsanto. Don't ask me why....Only they can answer. The way any sound mind should see it, no amount of free food is worth the health risks posed here, if you ask me. That's why Monsanto management, shareholders and don't forget those in the people in the regulatory bodies would never volunteer themselves to be test subjects. Logically speaking, if you have a product that you truly believe in and will potentially make you an obscene amount of money and give you control, it is more likely than not you would publicly volunteer to be a test subject to end all debates and governmental red tapes, wouldn't you?

Well guess what...Not in this case. Phage, Grimpachi and Luciddreams along with their parents/children and unborns plan to take the bullets for them instead. For such a selfless sacrifice, we have to make sure that they are protected and able to sue the pants out of the corporate giants and regulators once this is over. One thing that will help tremendously is that these ATS members only believe the information provided by Monsanto, their funded research and FDA ...that GMO is truly safe.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Anyway, that's not the main issue here in this thread. If you are ABSOLUTELY confident that there is no harm posed by consuming GMO's, you should be a perfect candidate for the program to volunteer you and your loved ones for the study.

But volunteer for what exactly?
People have been asking questions all through this thread and you've answered exactly NONE of them.

Don't worry about the technicalities for now.

Again, don't worry about the technicalities, Phage. We will cross the bridge when it comes.

Again, don't worry about this argument for now (we will make sure it is iron clad later).

I'm not going to sign up for a 5 year program on ANYTHING if the person putting the proposal forward is too unwilling to say what the deal actually is, or answer legitimate questions about it.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

But volunteer for what exactly?
People have been asking questions all through this thread and you've answered exactly NONE of them.

Don't worry about the technicalities for now.

Again, don't worry about the technicalities, Phage. We will cross the bridge when it comes.

Again, don't worry about this argument for now (we will make sure it is iron clad later).

I'm not going to sign up for a 5 year program on ANYTHING if the person putting the proposal forward is too unwilling to say what the deal actually is, or answer legitimate questions about it.

A few people have expressed interest in the program. Unlike others, if you still do not understand, it is to enroll in a GMO-only diet. The deal is simply you enjoy free GMO-food for yourself and dearly beloved. Your health will be monitored constantly. It is that simple.

As for the technical details, that will have to be thought through a bit more when the time comes. We do need sponsors to get the project started. I hope that is clear enough

We are certainly not forcing you and family to enroll if you are not confident with your conviction that GMO food is safe. IF and only if you have not the slightest doubt that Monsanto and GMO are all for your good/benefit, please volunteer yourself and family to be test subjects. We welcome expression of interest for now from you.

PS. Please refrain from censoring by cutting and pasting sentences out of their contexts in the future....That kind of deviousness is so Monsanto.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

As for the technical details, that will have to be thought through a bit more when the time comes.

So... yet another post from Kurius comes and goes with no further light shed or questions answered.

As an example *the very first response* you got to this thread, back on page 1, the question was asked:

Is that even possible? Are there that many different GMO crops?

And it still remains unanswered.

There simply arent that many GMO foods. To say "GMO only" diet, one supposes that your trial demands that we really eat no GMO food at all.
A quick search of the internet says there is no GMO product available for a bazillion different common items, such as Bananas, Apples, Cantaloupe, Cherries, Currants, Dates, Figs, Grapes, Limes, Mango, Melons, Oranges, Hawaiian Papayas, Peaches, Pears, Plums, Prunes, Raisins, Walnuts, Cashews, Macadamia nuts, Oats, Wheat, Rice, Quinoa, Sorghum, Barley, and of course sashimi (I loooove sashimi).

And thats hardly an extensive list. And you never did answer the question on meats.

And then there is the question of specificity.
Even if the above list is out of date, or becomes out of date during the trial as new GMO products are released, it doesnt address the issue of whether it is the same breed.
eg. As it happens, I like Fuji apples. That type. Fuji. They're the type I buy. But if a different GMO apple becomes available, would I, as a test participant, be *forced* to eat an apple type I dont like?
Or rice. On friday night I cooked a dish with Jasmine rice. And very nice it was too. Jasmine rice is the correct type for that dish. If a completely different GMO rice becomes available, is a participant *forced* to use a type of rice they dont otherwise use?

From where I sit right now, your "trial" seems like you'll just deliver a bag of corn flour once a week to each home with a note that reads "eat nothing except this".

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

As for the technical details, that will have to be thought through a bit more when the time comes.

So... yet another post from Kurius comes and goes with no further light shed or questions answered.

As an example *the very first response* you got to this thread, back on page 1, the question was asked:

Is that even possible? Are there that many different GMO crops?

And it still remains unanswered.

There simply arent that many GMO foods. To say "GMO only" diet, one supposes that your trial demands that we really eat no GMO food at all.
A quick search of the internet says there is no GMO product available for a bazillion different common items, such as Bananas, Apples, Cantaloupe, Cherries, Currants, Dates, Figs, Grapes, Limes, Mango, Melons, Oranges, Hawaiian Papayas, Peaches, Pears, Plums, Prunes, Raisins, Walnuts, Cashews, Macadamia nuts, Oats, Wheat, Rice, Quinoa, Sorghum, Barley, and of course sashimi (I loooove sashimi).

And thats hardly an extensive list. And you never did answer the question on meats.

And then there is the question of specificity.
Even if the above list is out of date, or becomes out of date during the trial as new GMO products are released, it doesnt address the issue of whether it is the same breed.
eg. As it happens, I like Fuji apples. That type. Fuji. They're the type I buy. But if a different GMO apple becomes available, would I, as a test participant, be *forced* to eat an apple type I dont like?
Or rice. On friday night I cooked a dish with Jasmine rice. And very nice it was too. Jasmine rice is the correct type for that dish. If a completely different GMO rice becomes available, is a participant *forced* to use a type of rice they dont otherwise use?

From where I sit right now, your "trial" seems like you'll just deliver a bag of corn flour once a week to each home with a note that reads "eat nothing except this".

Well, if you have to insist on having pure non-GMO food, then you wouldn't be suitable in the program, will you? Besides, if you keep defending Monsanto and GMO's, one day soon you probably won't have any food choice left. So in a way, this experiment is also to test your acceptance threshold.

Valid questions, nonetheless. I cannot give you a diet plan now, but definitely anything that Monsanto produces will be a MAJOR, if not all part of your DAILY diet. You won't go hungry. Sorry, I can't promise you your favorite Fuji apples. I will have to check with the nutritionists first.

Again, you are welcome to express interest now, but certainly feel free to back off later. The true question is are you willing to risk your health and that of your loved ones to participate in a GMO-only diet program? You may have to give up on certain non-GMO products, yes. But only for the duration of the program.

PS. Thanks for the list. I am rather alarmed that the list of GMO products seem to have ballooned since I last remember seeing.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Didn't you hear? We're already part of this program and we have no choice in the matter. It's been going on for nearly 20 years.

I am not certain if the following report is reliable, but something to think about...All I know, 30-40 years ago, cancer cases were so rare. It was a HUGE piece of news if a friend of a friend of a friend was stricken down with cancer. Fast forward today, it is difficult to find anyone who doesn't know a friend/relative/acquaintance who is suffering or has died of cancer. Well, many will argue it could be a lot of factors. But it is certainly something worth pondering, isn't it?

U. S. National Cancer Institute Manipulates Cancer Statistics

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've been saying this LOUDLY on ATS for over a year, especially towards ATS members Phage & Superhans

Just like the one guy who did Super-Size Me, eating nothing but McDonalds for a moth while doing medical checkup, why don't all these GMO supporters do something similar with GMO Only diets???

Come on Phage or Superhans. Be Hero's and make a documentary about this PLEASE!!!!

I'll pay you guys $19.99 for the DVD

Edit: Add Alfa1 & Grimpachi into the GMO only diet program. Come on guys, do it!!! I'll contribute to your kickstarter!!!
edit on 12-8-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The 5-year Gmo diet program would be simple:

Only Soy, Corn, Alfalfa based on Monsanto/Dupont/Dow based tech.
5 Years straight.
Make a documentary about it with both sides of the debate included.
Monthly or quarterly checkups including blood work, MRI's, psychological testing
Checks and balances to keep out bias.
Kickstarter funding.
What else is there to hash out? It's quite simple

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

If any of you think that I would eat

Only Soy, Corn, Alfalfa
for any period of time you all are crazy. I don’t care if it was non GMO or GMO that isn’t crap I would eat for a diet what do you think I am a farm animal. SICK. I have no problem eating them with a regular diet of meat and fish and fruits even meat and fish that have been fed GMOs but humans can’t survive on such a limited diet.

What do you think other foods would cancel out the supposed negative effects of GMOs? In that case quite you’re bitching because your supposition is BS. I bet I eat something with GMOs in it every day with no negative affects at all. Only a moron would try to live off of

Only Soy, Corn, Alfalfa
for more than a few days yet I know those morons exist.

I would eat GMOs with every meal every day no problem along with meats that were raised on GMOs but if you think someone would sign up to eat a diet of only a 3 plants for 5 years you are freaking morons. That goes for GMOs or non GMOs.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

A quick search of the internet says there is no GMO product available for a bazillion different common items, such as Bananas, Apples, Cantaloupe, Cherries, Currants, Dates, Figs, Grapes, Limes, Mango, Melons, Oranges, Hawaiian Papayas, Peaches, Pears, Plums, Prunes, Raisins, Walnuts, Cashews, Macadamia nuts, Oats, Wheat, Rice, Quinoa, Sorghum, Barley

I live in the Central Plains, in the farming "breadbasket" of America. Throughout Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa, there are millions of acres of corn and soybeans. Millions. It's all GMO. The GMO business started with the big crops.
You can bet they already have their eyes on the other stuff.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
reply to post by alfa1

A quick search of the internet says there is no GMO product available for a bazillion different common items, such as Bananas, Apples, Cantaloupe, Cherries, Currants, Dates, Figs, Grapes, Limes, Mango, Melons, Oranges, Hawaiian Papayas, Peaches, Pears, Plums, Prunes, Raisins, Walnuts, Cashews, Macadamia nuts, Oats, Wheat, Rice, Quinoa, Sorghum, Barley

I live in the Central Plains, in the farming "breadbasket" of America. Throughout Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa, there are millions of acres of corn and soybeans. Millions. It's all GMO. The GMO business started with the big crops.

all you need to do is get the basics that all farm animals use then we eat them or drink the milk take the jabs fromthe doctor and drink the cool aid game over
eat the steak

edit on 12/8/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

If any of you think that I would eat

Only Soy, Corn, Alfalfa
for any period of time you all are crazy. I don’t care if it was non GMO or GMO that isn’t crap I would eat for a diet what do you think I am a farm animal. SICK. I have no problem eating them with a regular diet of meat and fish and fruits even meat and fish that have been fed GMOs but humans can’t survive on such a limited diet.

What do you think other foods would cancel out the supposed negative effects of GMOs? In that case quite you’re bitching because your supposition is BS. I bet I eat something with GMOs in it every day with no negative affects at all. Only a moron would try to live off of

Only Soy, Corn, Alfalfa
for more than a few days yet I know those morons exist.

I would eat GMOs with every meal every day no problem along with meats that were raised on GMOs but if you think someone would sign up to eat a diet of only a 3 plants for 5 years you are freaking morons. That goes for GMOs or non GMOs.

What do you need meat/fish for? There is already protein in corn and soy. Also what's the need for fruits when alfalfa, corn, soy all have a good amount of vitamins and minerals.

I wouldn't have a problem adding (meat/fish/poultry) that has been fed strictly monsanto/dow/dupont based alfalfa/corn/soy into the mix.

Of course most Pro-GMO'ers are scared chicken sh!* to do something like that cause deep down inside you know you're going to end up with massive tumors

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
reply to post by alfa1

This is outrageous. If they are able to change the DNA composition of the farm products, they should have the decency and obligation to change the outer appearances of them too, don't you agree? Otherwise the patent can only be applied to the composition, not the entire seeds. If a farm is contaminated by Monsanto seeds, they should expect Monsanto to extract all the DNA off the products, leave the shells alone because the shells are not patent-able.

There must be a good ground for a lawsuit someone can think of...false representation?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You eat nothing but three tasteless foods for a year then come talk to me. I said I would do the study for free food not an idiotic diet that I wouldn't feed to my dog. You culdn’t pay me enough to eat just that for 5 years being non GMO. You must have boring meals.

Honestly go back and read the very first post after the OP which was mine I laid out what I am willing to do right there.

What are you afraid of? Give an inch you try to take a mile I am not a damn vegan. I don’t even know any vegans that would only eat three things for years. Again only a moron would try a diet like that or try to get others to eat just that.

Being chicken sh!t? No just not a moron.

Go eat your soy burger with alfalfa and corn side then come back and tell me how tasty it was. Non GMO for you of course. Never had a soy burger myself and wouldn’t care to try one but it sounds right up your alley kind of like a soup sandwich.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You eat nothing but three tasteless foods for a year then come talk to me. I said I would do the study for free food not an idiotic diet that I wouldn't feed to my dog. You culdn’t pay me enough to eat just that for 5 years being non GMO. You must have boring meals.

Honestly go back and read the very first post after the OP which was mine I laid out what I am willing to do right there.

What are you afraid of? Give an inch you try to take a mile I am not a damn vegan. I don’t even know any vegans that would only eat three things for years. Again only a moron would try a diet like that or try to get others to eat just that.

Being chicken sh!t? No just not a moron.

Go eat your soy burger with alfalfa and corn side then come back and tell me how tasty it was. Non GMO for you of course. Never had a soy burger myself and wouldn’t care to try one but it sounds right up your alley kind of like a soup sandwich.

If I was to agree to it, eating only monsatan/dupont/dow based gmo's for 5 years, then I would do just that. Otherwise once your tumors start popping up, all the idiotic pro-gmo'ers will come up with another excuse and say, "oh it's from the fruits, or the meat, or the fish.

We can't even get non-biased studies because they're all paid for by monsatan, and any independent study that comes out is always skewed, not right, no-blind studies, lack of control groups, always something.

So you wanting to add meat/fish/fruits will be eventually used as an excuse.

Personally, to prove a point, I wouldn't have a problem sticking to corn/soy/alfalfa/wheat, considering each one can be made in hundreds of different ways. Then ask a nutritionist if there is anything that the diet lacks, and add those as supplements.

Even the way you laid it out on page 1, doing it your way, I'd still bet you 10-fresh crispy 100 dollar bills that within 12 months you'll have tumors somewhere in ya!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I will take that bet and raise you to 100K that I wouldn't get tumors. As I see you have no problem eating nothing but those three things for 5 years how about if you can't pay up the 100k at the end you eat just those three alfalfa, soy, and corn for five years non GMO of course.

I would be satisfied knowing that would be all you could eat however if you break that diet you pay double to where no bankruptcy clears your debt like student loans.

How about it? Agree here and if a study like this comes about we meet with lawyers and draw up the contract.

Hell I am willing to do it for the 12 months just to see you suffer those 5 or pay the 100k so you in?
edit on 12-8-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join