It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was ATS like in the begining?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I've noticed ATS changes so much over the course of just a couple of days. I'm finding it hard to imagine what ATS was like at first. Does anybody remember the first thread or so? I've only been here since early this year, so I'm not really sure what ATS was like before my time. I'm just curious.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
here ya go...www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">this is the way back machine courtesy of the Internet Archive website :w:

[Edited on 10-11-2004 by Creepy]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Wow, ATS was so different. It wasn't really even a forum at one point. I can't believe they had stuff on CD for sale. The craziest thing I noticed was the pre-forum hacker section. Thanks for the site Creepy.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78

Thanks for the site Creepy.

np
the archive is a great site...check out all the old movies,live recordings,radio shows and books...all FREE eheh...and the wayback machine is good for hours of fun

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
An ATS History should be out soon, but so far Im the only one that has submited anything to it!

The WayBack machine was used indepth in my section of the Project.

The first eZBoard was started around October 5, 2000

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

If I read your post right, are you in charge of the history now? Last I heard, DeltaChaos was...

Or it could be I'm reading way too much into your statement... long day.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
No, Quicksilver is in charge, but there are a few (7 or so) members that have a few topics to cover, and I was just stating that I was the only person to submit the finished topic so far.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
the way back machine.............

wow, so thats what ATS looked like......

intersting.....

thanks for the link

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Is that ATS on the screen?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What some of you may not realise..... is that before there was AboveTopSecret.com, ATS was actually around 2-3 years prior on free webhosts as the "Area 51 Research Center".

Might give away some free points if anyone can find a link to this old baby or even find an archived version. Just to let everyone know, it isn't the one at ufomind.com. This was run by a native to Rachel, Nevada.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I give up. Found several links but they were all dead and gone...

Actually I think justme1640 found an archived version (further down on this page). Some of the links on that page is broken, but it looks like it might be the one.

I found lots of other interesting sites which I will study some more.

The Above Top Secret TR-3B (picture)

[edit on 2004/11/12 by Hellmutt]

JAK

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Simon Gray's Area 51 Research Center - www.ipcress.com...

And.... there's nothing there. Boo.

Jack

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creepy
here ya go...www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">this is the way back machine courtesy of the Internet Archive website :w:

Incredible I like it it seems antiquated as compaired to today but I notice it shows some of you guys ages ,,,,,,you old farts???

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Golly, how interesting. Abovetopsecret.com started out first blank and black, then we have this image:

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Sampling further at Flight 990

THE EGYPT AIR FLIGHT 990 DISASTER
AND U.S. NAVY PARTICLE WEAPON TESTING

The information below has been the result of much investigation by the people of NewsHawk� Inc. It is being presented on this website in unaltered form as allowed be their distribution rights.

11/15/99
What WE know but Government, media won't say

The time has come for NewsHawk to break our silence on the REAL causes of the demise of EgyptAir Flight 990.

Our disgust and outrage at the continuing official state terrorism perpetrated by covert factions of the U.S. government and at the sickening disinformation and blatant lies spewed by government liars and mass media cohorts compels us to release this CRUCIAL information NOW.

We've spent the past few days researching and investigating what caused the jet to go plunging into the Atlantic Ocean early AM Oct. 31.

We've pieced together the picture with information from a variety of different sources, all with a solid record or reliability and integrity. There are certainly still some important pieces of the puzzle missing--such as WHAT HAPPENED TO 217 BODIES - but the emerging picture is becoming quite clear.

And it goes on and on.....

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Ah yes the good ole day's...sometimes I miss when it was a more personal site and we all were friend's but now the site is huge and not as personal anymore. I have been here since the beginning and
I am still not a mod...lol

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
link
Is this is Simon??

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Here's a funny thought Simon is being so mysterious because he is hosting American Idol you know Simon Cowl HA I love it this would only be funnier if it were true.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wow.

Thats what I say. Quite the topic. Really good to go back into time and see certain stuff that I thought people would of put down to rest and let it go.

Shame about the good ole days though, sounds like things have changed around here for the colder.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Little is certain about the actual origins of what is now known as "ATS"...Some say it wasn't there one day and there the next...

A team of artists and producers have attempted to recreate these very pivotal moments of mankind in the illustrations below:

[edit on 11/12/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
i can remember that there once was a global community mood bar where the menu is at the top there, and also one under each avatar when you post, as a personal mood bar. i still have no idea how it was calculated... perhaps it depended on what topics people most posted on... who knows... dfh out.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join