It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shipwrecked sailor rescues pet dog from sinking yacht before returning to save his WIFE!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Get 2 cars.
Put your wife in the trunk of one and put the dog in the trunk of the other car.
Wait one hour and then let them both out.
Which one is happy to see you??

Thats why the dog was rescued first.

edit on 8-8-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

You know at first I thought this was kinda funny......but the more I think about it, it's a really cruel thing to say...hmmmm...lock any human in a trunk, and see how pissed they are after the fact....dogs are loving, and forgive horrible behavior ...doesn't make it right....more then likely this couple made a decision.... together to protect their dog........yeah...I'm really sick of the "wife" jokes......

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

At least Misogynist jokes can only be said as jokes.

While Misandry jokes can be said as a statement on a speaker in front of a audience, and in response, you will get claps and applauses.

If a guy goes on stage and says women are this and women are that, he would probably spend time in jail.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

What are you talking about? This article implies that the sailor puts the dogs well being before his wife's well being, my point was that the couple most likely decided together that the dog was in more danger and needed help first.

I like a good joke as much as the next person, but I find the "joke" about locking a wife and a dog in a trunk to be in bad taste, especially in this context. The point of the joke is basically you can abuse a dog and it will still Love you, actually what's not so funny is the same goes for abused spouses too.

LOL.....and since when does anyone get thrown in jail for making misogynist or misandry jokes.....seems to be quite popular actually......divide and conquer has apparently been quite effective between Men and Women...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I knew there was going to be someone with a stick up their butt that took offence to that JOKE.
Thats fine...it is your right to be offended and I stick by the joke regardless of if you like it or not.

Why so serious??

The problem with people getting offended is that the person EXPECTS others to change in order to suit YOUR expectations.

Next time if you don't like it,ignore it and don't respond to it because i will not be changing my ways to suit your needs anytime soon.

Start the video at 1 minute 20 seconds

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

LOL........I never asked you to change anything, the same exact thing your accusing me of, is what your doing......I thought the joke was in bad taste and as much as you have a right to tell it, I have a right to not like it.

I'm not a big fan of "jokes" that are thinly veiled insults. I also wasn't a big fan of bullies when I was in school either, and just cause many kids found it funny to harass other kids, I spoke out in their defense. What has this world come to when anything goes in the name of a "joke", and God forbid you don't find it funny, your attacked for being somehow uptight...or how did you put it " has a stick up your butt".....I expressed my opinion about the "joke", you on the other hand personally attacked me....nice....

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I think after 3 months on a boat with ANYBODY I'd save the dog first!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by torque
I think after 3 months on a boat with ANYBODY I'd save the dog first!

You may be right because when hubby and I were thinking of retiring on a houseboat, I read some great advice from a couple that were doing it. Their advice was that you both had better really, really like each other alot before attempting this lifestyle. LOL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join