It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Lied! Smoking does not cause oral-pharangeal cancers!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hi, good health fans.

smoking does not cause oral-pharangeal cancers

SO WHAT ?
?? Why one would not want smoking to cause cancer anywhere on our body ??

? Why, when a new smoker tries to smoke, she/he
= the eyes cry,
= the face becomes green or pale,
= some vomit,
= all cough like CRAZY,
= . . .
?

Because it's good for the health ???

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Smokers comprise 20 % of the population but now have no place to socialize including parks and beaches.

You know, I just had a crazy thought.

One can socialize without smoking.

I'm from a beach town. I'm glad smoking from forbidden on the beaches; especially since moving to Germany. Everywhere I go here, there are cigarette butts all over the place. It's disgusting, and, quite frankly, makes the town that I live in look dirty and trashy. I'm happy there are no cigarette butts sticking out of the beach sands.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The other thing they are hiding is that they know for a fact most cancer is caused by HPV. There are about 30 different types, 18 of them causing different types of cancers. The most common know is the one that causes cervical cancer and venereal warts and they can give you a shot to prevent that one.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Wow - what a concept and good for you for thinking of it. Now whatabout me and over 20 % of the adult population. Are we only allowed to socialize under the conditions you specify? Who made you king of the world. Why do my preferences not count?

Don't like the butt litter - well I don't like all the other litter. Antismokers lobbied car makers and municipalities to remove all ashtrays. Smokers were kicked out and away from any ashtray. What did you think was going to happen to the hot burning cigarette butt?

www.sfexaminer.com...

City wants to kick habit, but won’t allow ashtrays by Andrea Koskey @SFEX_koskey

Smokers pay billions of dollars in "extra taxes". I say that anti-smokers created the problem and anti-smokers should deal with it.

BTW - not having an ashtray explains why smokers litter burning cigarette buns - mind explaining why non-smokers litter?

www.unep.org...

And how many tonnes of other litter besides cigarette butts would that amount to??

Take the log out of your own eye before you take the mote out of mine.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Votan

You asked a very good question. What about all the other cancers? Well dear - if they lied about this one AND cervical cancer, how do you know that they didn't lie about the rest?

They said that 90 % oral-pharanges cancers occurred in smokers and that smoking was the cause. When the smoking rate dramatically decrease, oral-pharangeal cancers increase.

Do you believe that the HPV is a brand new disease and that folks kissed and had oral sex alot less 30 years ago than they do now? Or is it more reasonable to believe that HPV was always the cause of oral-phangeal cancers and they just blamed it on smoking.

Do you believe that its OK to lie if you have "good intentions" and that the person who lies is the one who gets to decide what "good intentions" are?

Tired of control Freaks

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

oooo

And when it comes to lung cancer

www.sciencedaily.com...

Smoking, which is the strongest risk factor for lung cancer, did not account for this effect. The results were consistent in current smokers, former smokers and those who never smoked.

I don't believe that we are quite there yet when it comes to lung cancer...but they are closing in on HPV as being the CAUSE.

Now to all those anti-smokers who did not want to spend the money for research into smoking-related cancers because it was a 'waste" to spend that money when everyone just KNEW that smoking caused all these cancers...well it seems to me that it has all come full circles. Now it will be the non-smokers demanding money for reseach that they had no shame about denying to smokers!

Good on all of you!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The whole anti smoking thing is a huge bug bear of mine. I too believe this targeting of smokers by using scare tactics is wrong. I agree smoking is not the healthiest choice but not many things are healthy these days. I also hear non smokers complaints of having to be around smokers but that is easily workable.

Just a few points to bring up.
I work in a hospital where they have banned all smoking on its grounds. I see frail old people who were once prescribed cigarettes from their doctors now sitting in the cold and rain on the side of the road, on the floor there are no seats, how is that helping the health and well being of that patient?
They now screen employees on their smoking status, as if smoking on your own time somehow affects the way you do your job.
That same hospital has no objections to putting staff in a theatre environment in which highly carcinogenic diathermy fumes are spilled in to the air all day. Yes there are ventilation systems but I smell it therefor I have breathed it in.

I know of a 33 year old woman who is still a virgin, in her younger years she went to get a cervical smear. She was told not to bother until she had had sex. She is a smoker , has been since her teens. So if smoking causes cervical cancer why not test her?

On the whole I agree smoking is a bad choice , as is over eating, over drinking and reckless sex but smokers seem to be the only ones discriminated for it . Sex and alcohol are glorified .

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Whats gonna get you first? Smoking is an appetite supresant, instead of snack people used to have a drag. The outcome was lower calorific intake less obesity?. I remember when just about everyone smoked and I don't remember so many obese people as there are now. I don't remember the high incidence of heart disease, diabetes and weight related illness. Add in the fact that Doctors used to prescribe smoking for asthmatics, and for Alzheimers, then on balance...plus nicotine is converted to B vitamins, and good for nerves. We might be heading for a worldwide health crisis. Due to the do gooders ! Isn't that ironic.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

Anonentity

Yeah! What about that?

If smoking is just such a disease and death causing, please would someone explain this:

Baby Boomers are the largest population bulge ever. We were created by men who came back from the war and smoked (70 % to 80 %) - if smoking CAUSES infertility and erectile disfunction, then how do you explain the boomer generation.

Boomers were exposed to second hand smoke each and every single day. Our parents smoked, in the house and often with us on their laps! Our teachers smoked, our doctors smoked, when we went to the movies or the grocery store, people were smoking!!! Yet, we are the healthiest and longest living generation the world has ever seen. We didn't have asthma. We didn't have allergies. We weren't fat. And when we played, we weren't watched and coddled and as a result, we learned how to manage risks and gained confidence in our abilities
We also didn't run in terror from second hand smoke!

Why aren't we all dead from second hand smoke?

When the boomers grew up - most of us also smoked! But we can still expect to live to about 80 years of age and pose a problem for pension plans and medicare? Why aren't we all dead!

Why are scientist predicting that children today will not live as long (or longer) than the boomers?

So as the anti-smokers have forced their opinions on society and denied smokers any place within that society, here is another great questions.....

Now that the lies have all been told, with all these great intentions, now that smokers have be scorned, scurged, branded as lepers, denied housing, denied jobs, denied our constitutional right to peaceful assembly....

Just exactly why aren't disease rates dropping like a stone? Why aren't we all healthier? Why are we all now living in fear of death and disease?

Just exactly what has been accomplished?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wow TiredofControlFreaks,

You may be the most addicted person in the world. You have gone to great lengths to fool yourself into believing cigarettes are not harmful to you, and wont give you cancer, just so you can continue your horrible self-mutilating slow-death-causing habit.

What's next, are you going to try to tell us ionizing radiation doesn't cause cancer?

edit on 9-8-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAre0ne

How can a fairly innocuous habit cause so much hatred? Well the social brainwashing is fairly obvious. Divide and rule is alive and well....The smoking habit has been with us during the greatest leap in human technological advances ever made on this planet. The monoxide forces the brain to seek solutions. "Smoke filled rooms etc"
Its like everything else to much doesnt do a lot of good. However Its a good stress reliever, stress is the greatest killer. Do they want you on store bought medication? Five a day is probably good for you. What gets me is drinking kills far more people, and causes a lot more psychological damage, why did they pick on smoking?
My suspicion is that the release of strontium in the atmospheric bomb tests freaked them out when they number crunched the data. To get the projected deaths that could be blamed due to strontium ingestion down, they figured that tobacco could act as a scapegoat. Mao chain smoked ,Same with Churchill..Stalin Chain smoked ,Einstien all supposedly intelligent people.. But its my absolute conviction, that they have stuffed up big time. Its not that smoking is good for you, to much obviously isn't good. But how many diseases did its consumption contain? well I think that we are now finding out.
However this little titbit will really piss off the anti smoking industry, frank-davis.livejournal.com...
edit on 9-8-2013 by anonentity because: information

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

There just isn't anything I can say to you that will shake up your conviction is there?

You don't in any way question why the incidence or oral-pharangeal cancer isn't decreasing (particularly in men) 40 years after the incidence of smoking in the population peaked.

You really believe that in the last 30 years, oral sex (and kissing) is brand spanking new and people only just started doing it? And that HPV is a brand new virus?

So I guess the next step for all of us will be the anti-sex campaign. Its as dangerous as smoking! No wait - first its anti-obesity, then its anti-alcohol and THEN it will be anti-sex!

We won't be living any longer but it will sure seem longer!

Tired of Control Freaks

Tired of Control

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
Yes, the war on smoking is an excellent contemporary example of social engineering.

...First they came for the smokers...

What if I like to "get smoked" is that OK?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks
Folks - here is my conclusion.

No thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE

Originally posted by deessell
Yes, the war on smoking is an excellent contemporary example of social engineering.

...First they came for the smokers...

What if I like to "get smoked" is that OK?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So cervical cancer is caused from smokers who perform oral sex?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAre0ne
Wow TiredofControlFreaks,

You may be the most addicted person in the world. You have gone to great lengths to fool yourself into believing cigarettes are not harmful to you, and wont give you cancer, just so you can continue your horrible self-mutilating slow-death-causing habit.

What's next, are you going to try to tell us ionizing radiation doesn't cause cancer?

edit on 9-8-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

did he say anywhere they are not harmful? See...how can you have an intelligent discussion if people are putting words in other peoples mouths.

there is such a thing as the 'smokers paradox' do some reading on it.

by the way...i used to smoke....quit for my blood pressure...i also quit drinking.....guess what... havent lost a single pound in the year since, though my diet is really great....my blood pressure hasnt gone down at all and in fact often its worse than before. I feel like crap though i exercise several times and week...and when i smoked i didnt do anything. What does all that mean? maybe nothing.

what if smoking is like alot of things where some people tolerate it well and other people dont? How about people like Christopher Reeves wife who died of lung cancer and wasnt a smoker?

theres a lot we dont understand....why not just say 'hey...we dont know why some ppl that smoke live to be 90 and some that dont get lung cancer at 50....'

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You are assuming I need an excuse or a reason to continue smoking. I don't! I am an adult human being and I say what pleasures I will indulge in. Further, I don't to explain to you!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

if you havent seen it you should check out 'no cure for cancer' by dennis leary...its an epic stand up routine....right out your alley

its on youtube

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If there were an award for all time most retarded op's I would have to believe this one would be at the top ofthe list. Yes smoking is actually good for you, no really, didn't you know that there have actually been non smokers, gasp that have died from lung cancer, like my grandmother. Did I forget to mention she retired from Owens Corning Fiberglass, oops my bad.

At least it is refreshing to know we can cure cancer by just forcing the entire planet to get an HPV vaccine, wow go figure. Now that we solved that one what next. Oh I know, how about how smoking decreases the risk of heart disease by causing weight loss, lmfao. Free cigarettes for all, ok we have cured cancer and heart disease, nex!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join