It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weapon That Can Reduce A Whole Nation Back To Bronze Age

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'll give you a S&F for the thread because you could be right. Unfortunately this just shows that there is really no one we can trust, and nothing we can do. The bleak future will arrive whether we like it or not. Though I must say I never considered this angle. By effectively getting the world's population to destroy themselves and reset their technology while the elite maintain the current technology, the elite would gain a controlling edge unseen in the history of the world. From the ashes would rise kingdoms that would be subservient to their technological gods (read the current elites) who could smite them at will for not obeying. This is truly a nightmare in the making.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
Unfortunately this just shows that there is really no one we can trust, and nothing we can do. The bleak future will arrive whether we like it or not. (..)
This is truly a nightmare in the making.

Sorry. This is indeed looks like a gloomy possible future.

It's just that not enough people realize what you just said.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Oh.
It's the last scene in Escape From L.A.
Ya know, where he casts the world back into the dark ages.

Escape to Detroit 2014!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Oh.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Is what you say not consistent with what Albert Pike said to Guisseppe Mazzini in his famous letter of 1871?

www.threeworldwars.com...
edit on 7-8-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

So it seems. Thanks for the link.

We can't afford voluntarily losing all coordination and technological advancement.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Glad to see this idea popping up around the internet. It seems it was all too easy to get people on board with protests such as occupy and anonymous as so many are unhappy with things, and the idea that this is just another move in the grand game is far too real to ignore.

The elites have dealt with civil unrest and protests in the not-so-distant past so are undoubtedly prepared for another wave. Surely the easiest way to do this is to remain in control, and letting your opposition think that they are in control will always leave you one step ahead for you are laying the foundations of their next move and their next until you have them right where you want them...

I read an article in a newspaper about 5 or 6 years ago, about a soldier who had apparently 'gone crazy' then AWOL from the army. He'd been telling people that there is a war coming, and this war will not be fought with guns but will be a war of minds. This stuck with me ever since, and I think he's right. We are at war and most people don't even know it, and the war is for our minds which we should nourish and protect at all costs.

We are heading beyond the physical.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Kony?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by melancholiflower
The elites have dealt with civil unrest and protests in the not-so-distant past so are undoubtedly prepared for another wave.

Yup. I guess you are referring to the Weathermen?

He'd been telling people that there is a war coming, and this war will not be fought with guns but will be a war of minds. This stuck with me ever since, and I think he's right. We are at war and most people don't even know it, and the war is for our minds which we should nourish and protect at all costs.

What we are seeing here is basically a form of marxism. "People of all countries, unite yourself (against your respective government)! " said Karl Marx. It all makes sense. Imagine you're Russia, or China, and you would like to control the West, but you are prevented from using nuclear weapons. The obvious thing to do is to introduce communism through the media, so that the people of entire western nations become marxist. Then, once these people kick out their respective capitalist (or whatever) government, the new "popular" system will be entirely marxist... AND with ultra-low level of technology. It would then be super easy for the communists to take hod of such nations.

But no one realize that. No one thinks about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

edit on 17-8-2013 by swanne because: never mind

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

Not specifically, not heard of them before now tbh, but I was referring to the rise of protests that seemed popular around the sixties. I didn't dance out of the womb until the rear end of the eighties so my knowledge is somewhat diluted.

What we are seeing here is basically a form of marxism.

Sorry I may have this wrong, but are you suggesting that the article was perhaps some sort of influence towards this marxist ideology?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The only way to go is backwards, there may be a planet left for use by our descendants then.

I am not suggesting we go back to the pre-industrial or pre-technology times, I am suggesting a thing that does not yet exist.

In my imagination, I can see it, but then I just may be a tad looney

I am the man with everything, everything being nothing, and I don't want it.

But considering thus, I cannot blame myself as I was born into this.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Sorry I may have this wrong, but are you suggesting that the article was perhaps some sort of influence towards this marxist ideology?

Hm, which article are we discussing about?

Yeah, it's true that there was alot of protest back then. No effect on the power in place. People should realize that nothing will be gained from violence.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

The elites have dealt with civil unrest and protests in the not-so-distant past so are undoubtedly prepared for another wave.

He'd been telling people that there is a war coming, and this war will not be fought with guns but will be a war of minds. This stuck with me ever since, and I think he's right. We are at war and most people don't even know it, and the war is for our minds which we should nourish and protect at all costs.

What we are seeing here is basically a form of marxism. "People of all countries, unite yourself (against your respective government)! " said Karl Marx. It all makes sense. Imagine you're Russia, or China, and you would like to control the West, but you are prevented from using nuclear weapons. The obvious thing to do is to introduce communism through the media, so that the people of entire western nations become marxist. Then, once these people kick out their respective capitalist (or whatever) government, the new "popular" system will be entirely marxist... AND with ultra-low level of technology. It would then be super easy for the communists to take hod of such nations.

But no one realize that. No one thinks about it.

Neither China or Russia are communist.

China has moved to Fascism long ago and Russia is a Kleptocracy built from a failed state.

Both have agendas that run counter to those of the US but neither is interested in a resurgence of real communism.

The US state is pushing very hard to become more like China. Capitalism allied to effective state control of the opinions of the populace. Its not there yet but its the obvious end destination if you extrapolate the trends from 2001 forward another 20 or 30 years.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn
reply to post by swanne

Tell me, what is so appealing in what you call the "old society" that you want to keep it at all costs ?

A planetary civilisation is going to happen, and not because some elite group wants it, but because of technology and science. That's the trend we have been following for thousands of years now, from tribes to city-states to nations to continents to a planet. The question is not "will it happen and will we be able to stop it", but "what kind of new order of things do we want". Will technology be used to enslave us more, or used to free us ?

A world society or a 'Human society' as opposed to national identities is inevitable.

As you rightly say, this is mostly due to technology.

When we started domesticating animals and planting crops, it meant forming a small community and putting down roots in one place.

This brought people together and gave them a common goal and shared interest and reliance upon one another.

These small groups of early farmers eventually amalgomated with other small groups and resulted in likeminded communities which steadily became larger, strength in numbers etc.

With the advent of using animals for travel, oxen, horses, elephants and dogs, these disparate communities could maintain regular trading and cultural contacts which over time, grew into a larger sense of identifying with other villages and joining together for the common good.

This brought more people together.

Then came basic remote communication technology systems..involving what we would think of as primitive, low tech systems like sound beaten on drums, to visual communications like alternating smoke patterns rising in the air, to early forms of semaphore again using visual tools.

This also made 'the world smaller', as remote groups could now communicate, in real time across large distances, effectively making those distances much smaller.

Then came mechanised transport systems and electrical forms of communications. The 'wire' telegraph meant that real time information and communications could happen instantly over almost unbelievable distances..something that happened on one side of the country, could be made known to people on the opposite side instantly. Prior to this, information would have taken weeks to arrive at the other side of the country.

Trains and rail technology shrunk the world too, as did shipping...upon hearing the news by wire, one could board a train and be at the other side of the country in mere days, instead of weeks or more before, and trade links could be maintained by massive ships laiden with trade cargo.

This made the world even smaller, and people were brought together.

Aircraft made this principle exponentially faster. People could now not only travel to other people in other parts of the country in mere hours instead of days, but also now could travel internationally taking only hours and days instead of weeks and months.

People were brought together even faster than ever before.

Now we have instant satellite communications, we have information exchange on a scale never witnessed before in recorded Human history in the form of the network we call the Internet, speed of light communications including live video links, and information sharing has all but deleted any delay to instant communication and contact between almost anyone anywhere on the planet, and in some cases off the planet orbiting in space.

Further advances in communication and near future technological integration will make what we have now look fairly quaint by comparison...nanotechnology integrated with quantum technology could mean an end to goods transport, it could result in a similar technological reality to the fictional Star Trek replicator.

Good will be made by nanobot assemblers from a template and a pile of basic raw materials to literally grow what we want right before our eyes in real time.

Talking to someone around the world will involve quantum computing speeds and power to direct these nanobots to create a virtual, but solid looking semi-autonomous 'clone' of the person you are connected with...right there in front of you. It would be able to interact with you, your surroundings and seem as though the person was actually with you in the room, even though they might be on the other side of the planet in reality.

This will bring people together.

Ultimately, teleportation technology and personal travel devices, built using advances in quantum tech and advanced comprehension of new physics, will mean instantaneous travel, anywhere.

This will bring everyone together, nations would no longer be required to cultivate 'the common interest' as everyone would now be 'in the small farming group' sharing a common interest, a common Human and not National interest.

Technology has brought Humanity together and it always will do so.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
I'll give you a S&F for the thread because you could be right. Unfortunately this just shows that there is really no one we can trust, and nothing we can do. The bleak future will arrive whether we like it or not. Though I must say I never considered this angle. By effectively getting the world's population to destroy themselves and reset their technology while the elite maintain the current technology, the elite would gain a controlling edge unseen in the history of the world. From the ashes would rise kingdoms that would be subservient to their technological gods (read the current elites) who could smite them at will for not obeying. This is truly a nightmare in the making.

In the making?

Some might say that this could possibly already have happened...and happened many times through unrecorded history.

Imagine our society now.

Now think of an event that separates us as a collective species...what could seaparate us most effectively, considering how our nations and groups of nations came together and the technology that was used to achieve our coming together ...a Carrington type of event for one example would destroy most of our current methods of communications with each other, we'd no longer be able to share commonality, ideas, desires, culture...anything.

Without communications, we become insular..cut off from commonality and shared interest, and become territorial and protective, distrustful and hostile towards 'strangers'. We devolve.

A loss of communications, means a loss of comprehension and understanding between us.

Could this have happened before? Deliberately?

Yes it could have. Imagine a society much like our own today, but say existing ..20,000 years ago. The elites in your scenario want total control and dominance over the culturally cohesive and communicating people of the world...how do they do it?

First step is to prevent effective communications. It would literally be the Earthly equivalent of 'confusing the languages' to divide the people. Another simile would be to destroy the tower of Babel, or at least the 'worldwide communications centre and hubs' that might have existed in a world society, either directly destroyed using space based weaponry in a simulated attack, or using an EMP disguised as a natural GRB or CME type event, it wouldn't matter, the communications infratructure would be gone or useless...if the effects of the EMP were Global, then most of the worlds high technology would be gone or useless too...except that which was shielded or preserved to withstand such effects.

The elites behind this 'takeover' would maintain their own technological infrastructure and coupled with a sense
of urgent survival mode cultivated among the people now reduced to scavengers to survive, the world would be very easy to dominate by those holding the technology and a coherent and incremental plan.

Within just a few short generations, collective memories could be deliberately altered and truth and actual events could be all but wiped out..a bastardisation of history and of events..and people..that caused the downfall of the worlds societies would be substituted and the actual truth erased.

Who's to say this hasn't already happened? Perhaps it has...the problem is, without technology and living a kind of semi-neolithic existence, we would never know after only a 100 years or so that our stone age existence is anything other than normal.

Meanwhile, the elites continue to develop their technology, eventually culminating in off world settlement, technology so far in advance of that which existed before 'confusing the languages', that it appears to be magic or sorcery. Godlike power would be a more appropriate description.

As we all know...anything is possible. If it can be imagined, and there's a will..it will be done or attempted sooner or later. All it would take would be an agreement between those holding the power and the wealth, mixed with a pathologic sense of self importance, a cynical disregard for Humanity and a smattering of heriditary insanity among such people for such a scenario to start..and we have not only individuals like that in spades, we have groups of people like that meeting and conspiring behind closed doors....

Not such a 'far out' proposition really is it!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Weapons are not needed to bring the world to it's knees and revert it back to something that resembles past times.

Just allow those who think they run the entire planet to do what they do best and it will be wrecked without any input by any of us "little people".

I'm not advocating letting those who are destroying the planet to continue to do so, but I do know that most people here don't even realize there is anything wrong here.

I have been so close to free from this farce we call "society" that it nearly made me physically ill to come back into it, it actually did make me ill in fact.

I don't hate society, but I do not suffer ignorance well, and most people in this world are pretty stinkin ignorant.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
The US state is pushing very hard to become more like China. Capitalism allied to effective state control of the opinions of the populace. Its not there yet but its the obvious end destination if you extrapolate the trends from 2001 forward another 20 or 30 years.

Good point. Indeed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join