It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Doctor is ...........................

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Wait, when the doctor got the gift from the timelords did he get a whole new cycle? another 12 regeneration's?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

TImeyWimeyThing
Wait, when the doctor got the gift from the timelords did he get a whole new cycle? another 12 regeneration's?

When did he got the gift from the timelords?
But that's an excellent suggestion; it would make sense that the timelords granted him more life to reward all his efforts.

P.S.: love your avatar name!!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Anyway, Peter Capaldi is now the fourteenth and has broken the barrier (though the offcial BBC Doctor website has not recognised the point)

Thirdly, I was re-watching Brain of Morbius recently. Morbius has a kind of mental wrestling match with the Doctor, in which he takes the Doctor's mind back through the incarnations, to William Hartnell and then BEYOND William Hartnell. As Morbius pertinently inquires, "How long have you lived, Doctor?" That little scene implies that William Hartnell himself was not the first, more like the tenth or more, which makes a mockery of the whole "twelve regenerations" rule (which was invented later, I think).

Oh. Ah well, I don't really mind, it only means more episodes!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

TImeyWimeyThing
He's essentially gained infinite regenerations.

When he received that gift from Gallifrey, who heard the plea? The council or all the time lords? How much did they gift him? A little, a lot, a whole life?

The only thing we know for sure, is that he has enough incarnations as writers have plot lines.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The new doctor is an inspired choice with the potential to be one of the greats.
This was a great start to the new series.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CrashRetrieval

I thought it was the weakest debut episode of a new Doctor since it's return in 2005. That's not to say it was a bad episode. Just the storyline was a bit "meh". That's all I'll say because many in the US/Worldwide may not have seen it yet.

But this Doctor is going to be different.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: motownredux
a reply to: CrashRetrieval

I thought it was the weakest debut episode of a new Doctor since it's return in 2005. That's not to say it was a bad episode. Just the storyline was a bit "meh". That's all I'll say because many in the US/Worldwide may not have seen it yet.

But this Doctor is going to be different.

The problem is that with a new regeneration, the doctor is all out of whack besides being sleepy, grumpy and suffering occasional blackouts. I think Dave Tennant had the best intro, yes he slept half the episode but he comes in the end and kicks ass. Matt Smith, they made him disappear during his healing time, kinda cheating.

In any case, Capaldi I really didn't like as a fit for the Dr., especially after coming off some of the best shows ever with Matt Smith (not to mention the tease with John Hurt, as the war doctor), but... He actually looks like a really good pick.

Too bad they couldn't have put Capaldi in for the war Dr. and had John Hurt for a few seasons, that would have been awesome. But I digress, looking fwd to this season.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: motownredux

Steven Moffat is an awful writer for Doctor Who. He only did a few really good episodes really but cowriters were involved too i think. I will be glad when hes replaced which is soon if i recall right.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural

I like him better than Russell T

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural

I like him better than Russell T

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
And so it begins:

BBC1’s Doctor Who could only manage 5.2 million viewers (24.7%) for its second full episode with Peter Capaldi in the lead role.

It was more than 1.5 million viewers down from its launch audience of 6.8 million (32.5%) last week.

www.theguardian.com...

Did relatively well on BBC America though, at least for the debut episode. Time will tell if they have the same dip after the debut though.
edit on 10-9-2014 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

WORST regeneration ever. Seriously bad. And the 12th doctor is just a mess. He's mean (tried to steal a homeless man's coat) and he's a snob (called humans pudding brains). The 10th and 11th doctors looked out for humans. This one would pee all over them. Not liking him at all.

(and Clara still drives me nutz. I miss Amy, Rory and River)

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I just want to know, who the heck is Missy? My vote is that she is River Song.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah he is acting too cold, like things said in Into The Dalek about some of the people and by Robot of Sherwood he suddenly acts lighter for a while for no reason. Thats too unstable of a personality. Although they keep saying something went wrong. So maybe he has missing memories so hes not acting entirely himself or his regeneration is going a lot slower since its not a normal natural one.

a reply to: calstorm

Nah she woulda said "spoilers" by now. I don't think its her even though there is similarities i looks. I've seen some people say they think its the Master. I dont feel thats it either.
edit on 10-9-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join