It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an ugly question....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian65

At the risk of sounding belligerent, are you drunk right now? Might be time to log off for a little while and get centered

edit on 2-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

No....not drinking today...that was then...this is now.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I reckon all the mods are drunk...

Even though they come from different parts of the world I sometimes imagine them in a room set up like a LAN party drinking beer deleting random posts while high fiving each other.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Dear Damian65,

I really respect your passion, there's not enough of it in the country and we'll be needing more to fix our problems. Thumbs up for that.

You also have an admirable goal.

I know m am a loud and boisterous and belligerent voice....what better way to get attention.
But I think you may have misstated your goal. Don't you really want people to pay attention to what you say, consider your ideas, then accept them? If that's the case, I have a suggestion to make.

Remember that someone in a gorilla suit dancing by the side of the road will get lots of attention, but no one will treat him seriously, and that's what you want. Your situation is fixable, but you won't get "good" attention by waltzing in an ape costume. Just look at what's happening to you in this thread. No one is talking about your message, they're talking about you, and not in a flattering way.

Think through your posts before you write them, know what you want to say. Include a link if it's appropriate. See if you can inject a little harmless humor, respond to other posters patiently and thoughtfully. See how other posts are being received to get an idea of what works and what doesn't. You'll have people taking you seriously in a short time.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

edit on 8/2/13 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

the fact that you are still posting, after 2 horrifically graphic posts, several personal attacks on the owner of the site, several postings of masturbation gifs, etc should show you that you do, indeed, have freedom and liberty here.

we own and operate a site that requires certain rules, lest we lose our advertising revenue. We lose the revenue and the site cannot function. The site cannot function and you will be forced to find another site to graphically describe sex and post masturbation gifs.

It's really very simple. You are admitting the posts were over the top. Our staff member did the correct thing and removed them. You are now whining like a 5 year old about it.

It's rather silly.

Thank you for clarifying a question.....
horrific...man you are a little over the top aren't you....horrific....this terrible toliet paper is horrific....

idiot with a badge...thanks....

Yes...you "Own and operate" a site......it was supposed to be based on this and that but you sold that away....nice job.

Yes....I see that you are allowing me to have this conversation but let us be honest with one another....it is because it is contained...i am not trying to destroy your site....yet....anyway. You are talking to me because I am being rationale and talking and asking questions. If I were over the top, you'd killme and never have a thing to say about it....this is truth.

I do not know the heart and mind of you site owners and moderators. I have had a problem with one. Yes, my humor can be edgy....but it is insinuated humor....your own dirty minds fill in the blanks....

this is true so .....do the thing to self if you disagree.....my humor was spotless and perfect...my daffy gif is freaking beautiful...you honestly see what your own twisted little mind wants to see...it is not filth...unless your mind says so...btw...I will use it again.

My Betelgeuse stroking vid is just as open to interpretation....it is from a PG movie...I dare a M f'er to strike it down...AI might have to file legal action.....it is socially acceptable so stfu....no one care about your opinion

A PG movie damn it!...do not strike this....A PG MOVIE

edit on 2-8-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I'm just curious why you feel the need to post such gifs
...but I don't really want an answer.

I find your attitude very "rebel without a cause."

edit on 2-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Dear Damian65,

It appears you have not considered my posts. That's fine, many of them deserve to be ignored. I hate to see someone turned away, but you do not seem amenable to reason.

If I were a mod, I would strongly consider putting you in "time out." Please, mend your ways. It is better for ATS and for you as a person.

With respect (and sorrow),
Charles1952

P.s Please don't consider a legal action. I spent three years and thousands of dollars learning about the law. You will be destroyed in any American court, if you can find anyone to take your case. Even then, they'll probably require their fees up front and the loss of your money won't help your family or your cause. - C -
edit on 2-8-2013 by charles1952 because: Add P.s.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I haven't read the whole thread, but I thought I would mention, just in case it escaped your notice:

This is a privately owned website. It is not a democracy. While the staff are often open to suggestions, they don't have to take them. We agree to T&C's when we join, and those are the law of the land, so to speak. So if you were looking for a majority rule here, you're on the wrong site.

Seems to me the staff is reasonably lenient. They put up with the likes of me.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

This is a privately owned website. It is not a democracy. While the staff are often open to suggestions, they don't have to take them. We agree to T&C's when we join, and those are the law of the land, so to speak. So if you were looking for a majority rule here, you're on the wrong site.

Very on point here. Expecting to enter into a private abode and act whichever way you want, misguided.
I am sure that if someone walked into my living room and 'acted a fool' they might not be surprised if I asked them to leave, but similar behavior here is supposed to be acceptable?

Seems to me the staff is reasonably lenient. They put up with the likes of me.

Likes of me too. And I'm just a drunk soldier most of the time.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It's time to stop posting or time to go to bed ( depending on what time zone you are in).

So you've had a few posts deleted... who hasn't... let it lie.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

All that I want is for my 3 daughters to have a slightly better life than me and their mother had...

Anyone else find it slightly disturbing that OP has children?

"Daddy, what are you doing?"

"Hey darling, just posting a picture of a masterbating duck."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join