It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aug 2 State Dept Issues WORLD WIDE Travel Alert until Aug 31

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chibears85
I think otherwise. I think this could be a real threat and not a 'distraction'.

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
I havn't seen one of these in a long time either. This doesn't feel right. I do not like this at ALL

I kind of agree with you guys. I think that there could be something up for real. I have no idea if it's staged or real. But it wouldn't surprise me if 'something' was going on. And as was said previously .. Sept 11 is just a few weeks away. We could be a build up for something with that as well.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
Does this have anything to do with the more than 1000 prisoners that escaped a Libya Prison?

I didn't know that had happened.
Really? Well then, perhaps it could have to do with that. It could be anything. Or it could be nothing. But the fact is that we haven't seen something like this in a very long time. Maybe they learned their lesson with Benghazi .. or maybe it's something else. We'll see in the next few weeks.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I kind of agree with you guys. I think that there could be something up for real. I have no idea if it's staged or real. But it wouldn't surprise me if 'something' was going on. And as was said previously .. Sept 11 is just a few weeks away. We could be a build up for something with that as well.

I am a little paranoid right now. Being that I live really close to downtown Denver. I would hope that Denver, or better yet, nothing will be under attack.
edit on 8/2/2013 by Chibears85 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/2/2013 by Chibears85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chibears85

Yea, I live in Chicago... Which I guess has as big of a target as anyone (when discussing US Cities)... We just gotta go about our lives, don't let fear control you and hopefully all will be well on US soil... I'm honestly more concerned about the crime on the South/West side of my city spilling over into nicer neighborhoods...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Being that I live really close to downtown Denver.

ahhhh ... close to the famous Denver Airport with it's super secret underground hide aways for the rich and powerful. You'll have to let us know if any of them come into town in the next few weeks. That'd be a signal ...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Being that I live really close to downtown Denver.

ahhhh ... close to the famous Denver Airport with it's super secret underground hide aways for the rich and powerful. You'll have to let us know if any of them come into town in the next few weeks. That'd be a signal ...

Oh how I forgot all about those 'conspiracys' about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Am I missing something or is it absolutely insane that the US can close these embassies, issue a travel alert, and our President go hang out at the Vineyards?! HOW?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The warning does say:

particularly in the Middle East and North Africa, and possibly occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula.

So is there a threat for the US States themselves? Or is it just the Middle East and Africa?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The warning does say:

particularly in the Middle East and North Africa, and possibly occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula.

So is there a threat for the US States themselves? Or is it just the Middle East and Africa?

Good luck finding that out

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just seems to "coincidental" the way that PRISM is being veiled in "light" then the embassies, now travel until Aug 31st... Something is wrong with the water here.

The American wants to believe that they are just preparing us and to stay aware of what's going on around us...

The ATS in me... Well, I think you guys/gals know where i'm going

I guess the best thing is to say to my fellow ATS/Americans and individuals worldwide.

If something does happen and heaven's forbid anything does, false flag or not. Be safe in these coming weeks AUG 31st is a long way out 29 days to be exact.

Many blessings and stay safe~ Flyer thank you for posting this!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Not only are the embassies being closed, but a world wide travel alert has been issued.
Haven't seen one of these in a long while.
So where are all the big players going to be?
Obama is supposed to be at Martha's Vineyard during this time.
Hmmm .... where are the rest going to be??

Business Insider - State Dept Issues World Wide Travel Warning

The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the continued potential for terrorist attacks, particularly in the Middle East and North Africa, and possibly occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula. Current information suggests that al-Qa’ida and affiliated organizations continue to plan terrorist attacks both in the region and beyond, and that they may focus efforts to conduct attacks in the period between now and the end of August. This Travel Alert expires on August 31, 2013.

Terrorists may elect to use a variety of means and weapons and target both official and private interests. U.S. citizens are reminded of the potential for terrorists to attack public transportation systems and other tourist infrastructure. Terrorists have targeted and attacked subway and rail systems, as well as aviation and maritime services. U.S. citizens should take every precaution to be aware of their surroundings and to adopt appropriate safety measures to protect themselves when traveling.

We continue to work closely with other nations on the threat from international terrorism, including from al-Qa’ida. Information is routinely shared between the U.S. and our key partners in order to disrupt terrorist plotting, identify and take action against potential operatives, and strengthen our defenses against potential threats

Agreed, there clearly seems that some 'actionable' intelligence has been found, perhaps, thanks to the NSA. (just saying, that is their mission statement to find out about foreign threats to security of the U.S. and our allies.

So again, the U.S. is making this announcement, but it is also warning all of our allies to be beware!!

Time for the countries in this part of the world, the Middle East to stand up and start fighting these Islamic/Muslim terrorists that distort the Koran to kill innocent people in the name of Allah. People need to wake up......the problem is only growing. And I for one, do not believe the U.S. should be the country that has to lead the attack on this problem....how about the local countries getting together and forming an alliance to fight against these terrorists. I include Europe, Middle east countries that 'appear' to be in agreement and some of our Asian friends. The problem exist in one major area of the world.....but it is moving slowly across Africa and into Europe......How does everyone else feel?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Yea, I live in Chicago... Which I guess has as big of a target as anyone

KInda Interesting - 6 Vulnerable Potential Terrorist Targets
New York, Chemical Plants (Delaware and Philly!!), Liquid Natural Gas (which means New Jersey!!), any one of the 10,000 Dams in the USA, Bio Labs (like Ft. Detrick).

I'd think Houston TX .. Oil Reserves. Philly is on the river and wide open. So is St. Louis.
New York has the harbor and shipping on the Jersey side. Chicago .. on the water ... easy access.

America is really wide open. But instead of the big cities, I'd think that this article is right.
The terrorists would get more 'bang for their buck' (if you'll excuse me saying so) if they
hit the energy places.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

It wouldn't make sense to give a warning anyways.

It might. Think of it in terms 'probably' nothing will happen, but since the resources to protect all the embassies in the entire Middle East region are spread kind of thin, better safe than sorry. Close them down. If something were to happen to one of them operating with scant personnel, it would be another embarrassing media firestorm. And we aren't buying the excuse that a film caused it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The wording included 'and beyond'. It's a world wide warning. The fact that the embassies are closing over there .. that could be a clue that they are expecting trouble there. But the warning says 'and beyond' so it's pretty much everywhere. IMHO

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
might be time too BugOuT

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

If people start going out to Colorado .. then I'd be really interested.
Obama will be out of DC. Supposedly he'll be at Marthas Vineyard.
But if we start hearing about Denver ... that'll be big. IMHO

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

/agreed
I took the embassies shuting down as a "Get out of dodge and back on American Soil" warning for all American Tourists and Travelling workers world wide.

Not that I'm a Fox fan.... I would take that vid with a shot of penecilin and i'm allergic to it.... Just makes me think more that they are prepping the fields for "something"

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Could this be anything to do with all the freakish train accidents lately and of course San Francisco has a freakish plane crash accident as well, maybe it has something to do with those event but I doubt it though.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by ValentineWiggin

If people start going out to Colorado .. then I'd be really interested.
Obama will be out of DC. Supposedly he'll be at Marthas Vineyard.
But if we start hearing about Denver ... that'll be big. IMHO

If they did head for Colorado, it would most likely be Colorado Springs other then Denver due to the military we have there.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

I don't think so. The airplane crash in San Francisco was pilot error. This is something else. And the TV news is reporting that it's Al-Qaeda related. I have no idea if that's true. But that's what they are reporting. I think if there was a direct threat to US cities, we'd see something about an increased security level here. It looks like 'they' are focused on overseas right now. But of course, you never know ...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join