It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aug 2 State Dept Issues WORLD WIDE Travel Alert until Aug 31

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Something really odd is that there has been no NBC News Special Report about this. Usually for something like this there would be... But there is none.
edit on 8/2/2013 by Chibears85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chibears85

MSNBC
The Headlines at their website state 'US Issues World Wide Travel Alert
I haven't seen anyone break into TV stations with this.
But it's on the 24/7 MSM 'news' stations ...
edit on 8/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

MSNBC
The Headlines at their website state 'US Issues World Wide Travel Alert
I haven't seen anyone break into TV stations with this.
But it's on the 24/7 MSM 'news' stations ...
edit on 8/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

That is on their website.

I am talking about on TV. They would usually interrupt TV and go to a 'Special Report' for 3-5 minutes.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Yep. Like I said .. nothing breaking in with TV.

Here is the CNN story

t warned that "terrorists may elect to use a variety of means and weapons and target both official and private interests."

I found that interesting. Targeting of both official AND PRIVATE interests. Private interests in that part of the world where the embassies are closed ... shipping, oil, tourism, churches, ... lots of civilian stuff. That could be messy.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Am I missing something or is it absolutely insane that the US can close these embassies, issue a travel alert, and our President go hang out at the Vineyards?! HOW?

Definitely an interesting observation. Don't forget he was at a Cocktail/Dinner Party the night we got Bin Laden, and the day before that he was playing golf in Camp David. So, if history repeats itself, something really big is about to happen, unless our Intellegence and covert operators can prevent it. That is the 'X' Factor we just don't know, and we may never know the full details, stronger than 'may', most likely never!

Originally posted by ItDepends

I am going to just try and post a visualization of some of what i am discussing shortly.

Take a look, here is the part of the World that we are talking about. Just look at the maps closely, look at the regions where the majority of the Islamic/Muslim population extends. I am not trying to spread fear, just trying to share some information. A picture says a thousand words.

You can see clearly the problem areas in the Middle East and parts of Norther Africa (Egypt, Libya,and keep a big eye on the Sudan). Then you have all of the hot beds of terror activity, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkey, Syria.....and it is all moving slowly and methodically Eastward....toward Europe. I also find it interesting how both China and Russia seem to 'directly' appear not to be involved, clearly they have 'covert' operations fueling, assisting the efforts of the terrorists for resources. Just my look at things.....any comments, observatons?

edit on 2-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

edit on 2-8-2013 by ItDepends because: S + F added, an interesting question, worth further and deeper discussion, but a great start

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It could be something as simple as a massive cyber attack, which of course can be used to declare Martial Law.
OR

I remember a story about the Ring of Solomon being hidden in the Iraqi desert in the same location as one of their prisons that was recently 'evacuated'

Maybe the END TIMES is on and someone has a demon controlling ring that gives them super powers.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chibears85
The warning does say:

particularly in the Middle East and North Africa, and possibly occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula.

So is there a threat for the US States themselves? Or is it just the Middle East and Africa?

Arabian Peninsula

a long time ago

The Saudis carry a lot of weight in the Arab world, and have significant influence in Washington, even after the erosion of their stature since September 11. Abdullah has good reasons for his sudden interest in the Palestinian problem. He is concerned about the stability of his regime, if the fires spread. It's relatively easy for him to shift attention to the Palestinian problem, given the blow Saudi Arabia suffered in American public opinion after September 11, when it became clear that not only is Osama bin Laden a Saudi, but so were 15 of the 19 hijackers.

There was a thread here a little while ago, saying to keep an eye on Saudi Arabia...? I should have read it and screen-grabbed it?

Ofcourse, as usual, I may be mistaking.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
All of this smells fishy to me. They want to close all Embassy's in ME countries, they put a travel alert up for the next month??? They must be trying to scare the public again so we take our attention away from all the NSA spying.. If anything, this will help them justify to the US what they're doing all along.

Govt official- " See..... All this spying is for the good, for your protection, especially in times like this"

Us- "BS"

Govt official- "No seriously, its really really bad out there"

Us- "BS"

smells fishy????...Darrell Issa is STILL holding hearings regarding Benghazi, and NOT HAVING PROTECTED THE AMBASSADOR!!!!......... to be on the safe side, they are taking stringent precautions because of what happened in Libya..........and NOW it smells fishy??????....huh??....

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy]
There was a thread here a little while ago, saying to keep an eye on Saudi Arabia...?

ATS Thread - Saudi Arabia - the next front on the war on terror
Was it this thread??

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I saw this on RT earlier, where it coincides with the end of Ramadan as well.

Perhaps this is related to the 77 days countdown by Pronunciation Book?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
It could be something as simple as a massive cyber attack,

Does Al-Qaeda have that capability?
I know that Iran does and it is active in South America trying to pull cyber attacks on the USA. But this threat, even though it's a world wide warning, seems more focused on Africa and the Middle East. Does anyone know what Al-Qaeda's cyber abilities are??? They have websites, so I would think they have programmers, etc etc ...
I don't know the answer to this.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I wonder if this is a coincidence as well. A nuclear drill in Indiana with 9000 troops until Aug 17

fox59.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Reports are surfacing that 21 U.S. Embassies throughout the Middle East will be closed on Sunday, August 4th.

Some speculations include...

- Obama's birthday
- Inauguration day for Iran's new President

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
I saw this on RT earlier, where it coincides with the end of Ramadan as well.

Ramadan ends August 7th. So yes, it's in the time period.
Ramadan is when Muslims can seek forgiveness in a special way from their Allah.
I remember hearing a terrorist in Bulgaria say something like this -
"The month of Ramadan is a month of holy war and death for Allah".
I have no idea if that's what all radical muslim terrorists think or if it was just him.

From Last Year

n a statement released in Western media outlets, the group threatened to carry out more attacks. "The month of Ramadan is a month of holy war and death for Allah. It is a month for fighting the enemies of Allah and God's messenger, the Jews and their American facilitators."

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy]
There was a thread here a little while ago, saying to keep an eye on Saudi Arabia...?

ATS Thread - Saudi Arabia - the next front on the war on terror
Was it this thread??

Nay. Although scanning a few posts, it may tie-in somehow?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It sounds similar to the Al Qaeda video that surfaced one day before the attack on Benghazi...

This warning is tied to an Al Qaeda act of revenge in the Arabian Peninsula for the death of Sheik Said al-Shihri, the organization's second in command, who was killed last month by a US drone operated by the CIA in Yemmen. Ah-Shihri, of Saudi Arabian origins, was arrested at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba for several years and was released in 2006, joining Al Qaeda in the Arab Peninsula in 2007.

According to previous precedents, Al Qaeda has determined a 'price tag' for the assassination of its senior members, with US embassies and/or offices where US diplomats and intelligence teams are located being the organization's preferred targets. This is what the organization did in 2012 in the wake of the death of Abu Yahya Al-Libi, deputy of the Al Qaeda branch in Libya, who was also taken out by a CIA-operated drone.

Two days after the his death was announced, the organization planted a bomb near the office of the US task force in Benghazi, Libya. On September 11, 2012, after a tape voiced by Al Qaeda leader, Ayman Al-Zawahiri, was released the US consulate in Benghazi was attacked by armed terrorists. The attack cost the lives of US ambassador Christopher Stevens and three of the consulate employees.

Several days after the death of Ah-Shihri was reported, a new tape by Al-Zawahiri was released, with a new warning to Americans linked to Guantanamo Bay. On the tape, Al-Zawahiri promised to do everything to bring about the release of Al Qaeda senior members being held in US prison, including Sheikh Khalid Mohammed, planner of the September 11 2001 terrorist attacks.

The reference of Guantanamo alongside al-Shihri's biography may imply the desire to tie between his death and the new threat. It is possible that intelligence experts in the US intelligence arena identified further code words on the tape that actually serve as activation messages for terrorist cells deployed by the organization around the world.

www.israeldefense.com...

Al Qaeda released another video in the last couple of weeks...

"Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula confirms group's No. 2, Saeed al-Shihri, killed in U.S. strike in Yemen"

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 2-8-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Reports are surfacing that 21 U.S. Embassies throughout the Middle East will be closed on Sunday, August 4th.

Some speculations include...

- Obama's birthday
- Inauguration day for Iran's new President

Happy birthday US Coast Guard! (DHS affiliate)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well I, for one, certainly hope that they (government) impose more restrictions on my freedeoms and liberties in an attempt to keep me safer! Golly!

Golly Wally! In all seriousness though, if something DOES go down we can expect less freedom. *sigh* In all honesty, this is getting old. I am in the crowd that says "let's just get this crap over with!"

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
On Wednesday, it looks like Al Qaeda vowed to free Guantanamo Bay prisoners while they also spoke out against drone attacks and terrorist groups that were assisting Iran in Syria.

"Guantánamo Bay inmates will be freed vows al-Qaida chief Zawahiri"

www.theguardian.com...

Regarding Guantanamo Bay...

The al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahiri has denounced US treatment of hunger-striking inmates at Guantánamo Bay, saying his organisation will spare no effort to free them, according to a recording posted online on Wednesday.

Regarding Obama's drone campaign...

Zawahiri also denounced Washington's use of drone strikes aimed at Islamists, saying it was a sign of the defeat of US campaigns in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen.

Drone strikes have been widely criticised by rights groups who say the strikes often miss their targets and hit civilians.

"These spying planes will not protect you from defeat, but rather are a sign of your failure and the repeated failure of your government," Zawahiri said, addressing the US president, Barack Obama. "You are leaving a legacy of hatred and demands for vengeance from you over your crimes."

Regarding their views on Iran and Hezbollah...

Zawahiri, whose Sunni Muslim network adheres to a fundamentalist view of Islam that views Shia Muslims as infidels, also condemned the involvement of the Lebanese group Hezbollah in Syria's civil war, singling out its leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah.

"It has become clear to the Muslim nation that he [Nasrallah] is but a tool in the Safavid [a term for Iran], rejectionist, project which seeks to impose the authority of Shia jurisprudence … on the nation of Islam through slaughter, repression, torture, and by supporting one of the most corrupt, tyrannical and criminal regimes," the al-Qaida leader said.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chibears85

reply to post by ValentineWiggin

If people start going out to Colorado .. then I'd be really interested.
Obama will be out of DC. Supposedly he'll be at Marthas Vineyard.
But if we start hearing about Denver ... that'll be big. IMHO

If they did head for Colorado, it would most likely be Colorado Springs other then Denver due to the military we have there.

I hear that a lot but honestly, I don't believe it. Colorado Springs is surrounded by military bases, unless they plan on nuking us it would be really stupid to attack here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join