It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Conservative Policies are Driving Americans to Suicide…"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I’M BACK!
I feel like slapping a few people around, metaphorically and intellectually speaking, of course.
Bring em!
Like bowling pins!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian65

Thank you for your kind reply Damian65.
Unfortunately my post went mostly unnoticed... just like this entire thread.

Here we have a truely important topic at hand, with major implications for the whole world, definately worth a thorough discussion... but this forum prefers to dedicate a 100+ pages to sasquatch, swampgas and religion instead.

This world deserves to go down.

/rant
edit on 3-8-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I suppose policies where the weak are left on their own are more conservative (and unenlightened), but I suggest the "austerity" moves lately are more of a wealth consolidation and are criminal in nature.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by neo96

Mark 12:16

They brought one. And He said to them, "Whose likeness and inscription is this?" And they said to Him, "Caesar's." 17And Jesus said to them, "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." And they were amazed at Him.

Source with support
Ummm.....Heff...Methinks that Christ is stating that one gives over to Ceasar that which is his............So that it is no longer a part of you.......This is implied by the "and to God the things which are God's"......You were expected to pick up your robe and staff and follow him......in austerity....not accumulate the very things that you couldn't drag through the eye of the needle.

"Give unto Ceasar.....the things that are Ceasars"......that..."unless you become as one of these, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven".......it's the same as the Buddhist precept on clinging.....you cant...NOT...cling unless you give up materialism and the desire's associated with the material...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

This^^^

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Why don't we instead focus on the fact that this recession was completely brought on by liberal policy.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
*Mr. Burns hands* "Excellent, all going according to plan" - Conservative policy makers

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Loveaduck

No one is causing anyone else to kill themselves. If people are committing suicide it's of their own doing, and it's because of personal issues.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loveaduck

The USA and I think it's New Zealand are the only countries that allow pharmaceutical companies to peddle their psychotic drug selections right on TV.

Yes, because adults can't be trusted to make decisions for themselves. We're no responsible enough for that.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Haven't read the thread and I won't, but let me say this, the person who said this should be hanging from a rope and left to rot.

There are consequences for your POISONOUS AND DIVISIVE words.
The sooner people understand this, the better off we are.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell

Originally posted by beezzer

The conservative Republicans are blocking everything Obama wants to do.

Rightfully so imho.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loveaduck

I think if you support the rights and concerns of big business ahead of "the people" or the constituents that elected you, then you might be a Conservative.

The USA and I think it's New Zealand are the only countries that allow pharmaceutical companies to peddle their psychotic drug selections right on TV.

And we wonder why people are killing themselves and others.

Change Conservative to RINO in the first sentence and you are correct. But the next quote from you is a very conservative view. Maybe you are confusing true conservatives with RINO republicans?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
For those who state that austerity is bad, I pose a question. How does a country continue their current spending habits when the country is broke? For example, the US debt is around 16.7 trillion. Needless to say, the US is flat broke. Most the citizens are broke and are barely making ends meet.

So, how do you spend what you don't have? Isn't it unsustainable?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I really do not follow or agree with your logic, or the logic of this study. When the economy tanks and money dries up people tend to kill themselves. During the Great Depression people jumped out of high rises when they learned they had lost everything. Blaming conservatives for the consequences of big government which has been repeatedly touted as a good thing by liberals, makes no sense. It is obvious that most countries in this world are about to fly off the fiscal cliff, and if you think the recession is bad just wait til its worse than the great depression. Austerity measures are designed to help countries from flying off the fiscal cliff, and I personally find it very strange that a lot of people seem to desire easy street, free government money, programs and such that they would rather see everything burn to the ground rather than give up an inch of it. It is also interesting to me to see these very same people blaming conservatives for no jobs, and the value of the dollar tanking when it is clearly liberal, big government policies that are driving jobs over seas through excessive taxes on job creators, red tape and bureaucracy, not to mention obamacare, also making it virtually impossible for any potential employer to hire anyone and help them have a good living.

I certainly hope that people wake up, and stop putting the blame in the wrong place or were all gonna end up in financial hell when the whole worlds economy pops like the giant bubble it is.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuZe7
reply to post by Loveaduck

No one is causing anyone else to kill themselves. If people are committing suicide it's of their own doing, and it's because of personal issues.

Agreed!!! People need to start taking personal responsibility for their own choices and actions and stop blaming the world for it. I know that must be a shocker to some, especially in a world where people are encouraged to distance themselves from their own choices, and not forced to live with the consequences of the said choices.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996
Conservatives are idiots plain and simple. They somehow believe if they speak over someone loud enough they are right..

I have seen plenty of them do that..yell over people when other's are making a point. They hate facts...and go out of their way to spin stories or outright lie about something. They love to cherry pick facts in an attempt to sway people..but as you can see from the last election...people aren't stupid.

They love to try and make people live in fear...telling you bad the Mexicans are, how evil the African Americans are and how the Muslims are going to take over...etc.

Notice how they pretend to care about abortions and then in the next breath tell everyone they should be responsible for this unwanted child not them.

They cheer when immigration works on Mexicans..but hate it when it tries to send back a white christian man.

They hate it when you bring up past presidents but have no problem bringing the same thing when it suits them.

ETC..

You want to know what conservatives hate...depends on the subject and who is for it. You can never tell from week to the next..they are hypocrites to the extreme.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

Do you by chance mean political parties as in republicans AND democrats? Everything you stated could be easily said of the left just as much as the right, they are all hypocrites. However there are plenty of "conservatives" who do not identify with a specific party. Maybe generalizing isn't the best thing since it obviously can't and won't apply to everyone. Spin happens in politics on both sides, but you can be a fiscal conservative while being a moderate socially.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
They're not conservative policies, they are fascist!

I might be wrong, but I really think that it's more than just the suicide rate jumping in the state. We've had a few in just our city, and alot of them seem to be taking others with them. And the shootings, murders, robberies, it all seems like they're happening more often.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
sorry, don't know how, but double post
edit on 8-8-2013 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalSolace

Detroit is bankrupt!! and yet they are spending quite a nice sum of money for a hockey arena!!
The federal gov't spends money just as dim wittedly!
May I suggest that they start the "austerity" with the stupid, useless spending, and then if it's needed we all can tighten our belts a little more?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by elenacala

The facts are the facts.
When governments with a conservative philosophy of austerity are in power people kill themselves more because of their in-human policies.
People become hopeless when their government projects , heartless, stingy, selfish policies that mainly benefit the rich.

Just the facts mam!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join