It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushido The Life In Every Breath + Q&A

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
No seriously...Don't ignore me. Sell me some.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Have you ever heard of Tummo?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Nope.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Effectively a human being with the proper training can modify its autonomic nervous system. Altering its ability to survive in temperatures well below what is commonly verified. As beyond the tolerance of humans beings in general....

Conditions that would clearly kill a human being without Tummo training, allow a person to survive.

This is an example of transcendence over a condition that kills people who do not relate.

This issue has been scientifically verified by western culture....

Further

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

That is a yoga style.

"Tummo (Tibetan: gtum-mo; Sanskrit: caṇḍālī) is a form of Yoga, found in the Six Yogas of Naropa,[1] Lamdre, Kalachakra and Anuyoga teachings of Tibetan Vajrayana. Tummo originally derives from Indian Vajrayana tradition, including the instruction of the Mahasiddha Krishnacarya and the Hevajra Tantra. The purpose of tummo is to gain control over body processes during the completion stage of 'highest yoga tantra' (Anuttarayoga Tantra) or Anuyoga."

What does bushido have to do with it? Unless you kids wanna get into the "mind over matter" affair. Reaching a mind state of peace or tranquility, or just focus, stances, and making your sword apart of your body? Open palm, or a closed fist, is the best analogy I can make of what you guys are trying to get at.

Other then that, the traditions are completely different in style, as well as history.

I bid you folks good day.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The Magicians Apprentice

many stars and
to you on making this thread , you have much wisdom and peace with in you. this thread has helped me in my search of the path, the way of the samurai, for there is more to it that what is written, we are all of the path of life, we if all seek it we would know true peace. I will leave you with this thought

“This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai: if by setting one's heart right every morning and evening, one is able to live as though his body were already dead, he gains freedom in the Way.
his whole life will be without blame, and he will succeed in his calling.”
― Yamamoto Tsunetomo
from the link of www.goodreads.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen
reply to post by Kashai

That is a yoga style.

"Tummo (Tibetan: gtum-mo; Sanskrit: caṇḍālī) is a form of Yoga, found in the Six Yogas of Naropa,[1] Lamdre, Kalachakra and Anuyoga teachings of Tibetan Vajrayana. Tummo originally derives from Indian Vajrayana tradition, including the instruction of the Mahasiddha Krishnacarya and the Hevajra Tantra. The purpose of tummo is to gain control over body processes during the completion stage of 'highest yoga tantra' (Anuttarayoga Tantra) or Anuyoga."

What does bushido have to do with it? Unless you kids wanna get into the "mind over matter" affair. Reaching a mind state of peace or tranquility, or just focus, stances, and making your sword apart of your body? Open palm, or a closed fist, is the best analogy I can make of what you guys are trying to get at.

Other then that, the traditions are completely different in style, as well as history.

I bid you folks good day.

Mind over matter is offered in this discussion as relevant. Feel free to review the thread if you are unsure as to that aspect being expressed.

From my end it is 1:30 in the morning so have a good night.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Let me guess. an other seeker of the way of the Jedi, new age name for the Samurai, for the paths are of the same.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Did JESUS use a sword o young padawans? Man New Age these days...And Anime...Like It cool an all...But, dam it just cartoons.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Toss the Ramen sauce packets and make your own spice combinations. Ramen spice contains MSG(Monosodium Glutamate), a key ingredient in car anti-freeze. It acts as an excitotoxin to the brain, where it forces the blood-brain barrier to open up, which allows toxins past, your protective shield. They use it as a flavor enhancer and preserver, because it stimulates your brain cells, to think the food tastes better than it really does. It overstimulates them so much to the point of death.

The fact that they can add things like this that mind control your brain into automatically thinking it tastes good is absolutely appalling...No wonder big corporations make so much money in the food industry. They can make it impossible for you not to like their product.

A good alternative is a bit of butter, garlic, salt, onion powder, and fresh ground black pepper. Maybe use a bit of italian seasoning, olive oil, or thyme.

Lots of good combinations!

Have fun!
edit on 31-7-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Did JESUS use a sword o young padawans? Man New Age these days...And Anime...Like It cool an all...But, dam it just cartoons.

sorry specimen, but half of what you have spouted is no better than the cartoon stuff.
i dont want to be that guy, but you are talking about things of which you seem to have a half knowledge.

half knowledge is worse than no knowledge. going through 3 pages of your posts to correct everything you have written will take too long.

it would be better for those in this thread to find information on their own than to take what you have offered as any kind of fact.

anyone who wants to msg me in private to clarify anything on this topic, i am happy to point you to other resources.

The way according to Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin
1. Do not think dishonestly.
2. The Way is in training.
3. Become acquainted with every art.
4. Know the Ways of all professions
5. Distinguish between gain and loss in worldly matters.
6. Develop an intuitive judgement and understanding for everything.
7. Perceive those things which cannot be seen.
8. Pay attention even to trifles.
9. Do nothing which is of no use.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

to answer you it is yes and no: he used words as if they where a sword , but did not use a physical sword, and is life not a cartoon, a comic strip we make of our self's every day.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Let me ask you a question....Why is it that the Romans an Greeks denied the power of Jesus to raise the dead. When in reality they, in there history acknowledged the existence of ASCLEPIUS???

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Let me ask you a question....Why is it that the Romans an Greeks denied the power of Jesus to raise the dead. When in reality they, in there history acknowledged the existence of ASCLEPIUS???

Is it because Jesus was not a member of the Roman Elite System ?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Magicians Apprentice

Originally posted by Kashai

Is it because Jesus was not a member of the Roman Elite System ?

What effectively made him different? Is the punishment implied in Revelations related to the idea that a Jew could not possibly raise the dead?

In analogy Jesus used a sword...

edit on 31-7-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
stay on topic guys,

plenty of jesus threads. this one is about bushido.
ganbatte

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
stay on topic guys,

plenty of jesus threads. this one is about bushido.
ganbatte

Well more of how to view life and how to apply bushido & tao to it

But... Yes ! back on topic lads.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Last time I checked Jesus was the utter translation of yeshua in to greek, or Yah-Zeus. Smarty pants.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Also guys please reframe from fighting

I don't like it when people just pop in ruin a good thread just because they could not put their differences aside.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
O and let me tell you something about bushido history. It was only for royalty, elite, not for peasants like you and me. Cause were considered low grade. Its culture is no different then the authoritative, or army figure that u ppl so desperately despise.

I really I just ASKED TO GET THE TERM right. AND SHADOWS ARE FOR NINJAS. LIKE FFS. Im not trying to downgrade bushido, but yet, it seem you ppl wanna fabricate the history or methods.

Really, try not falling on your samurai swords. F***...

MODS, just block me from this thread plz...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join