It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushido The Life In Every Breath + Q&A

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Where in Aus are you OP?

You could probably have my copy of Art of War if you want?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bugeisha
Where in Aus are you OP?

You could probably have my copy of Art of War if you want?

Too late now sadly

I already ordered it and it is on it's way from USA.
Very excited to ready and just purchased the 5 rings

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Tis cool, I've got a couple copies is all, if you were local to Perth you could just swing by and have it, read it now
and keep the other for your library.

Dave Lowry, Ellis Amdur... two authors with some great works about the whole matter, the martial arts, the culture and the philosophy. They really break the cheesy trend, and will give you a real window into the nitty gritty aspects of Bushido that are commonly misconceived.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by libertytoall
Great.. Another blind hippie in a state of kumbaya.

I adore hippies. We grew up barefoot, cooling in the sprinklers, half dressed half the time, peace and love, plus omni and science digest for dad was a math/science teacher and my uncle a physicist and then a physics computer teacher in the end. With a US draft dodger living in the cabin and my parents didn't hand him over to the cops that showed up.

What are you rambling about? I didn't ask for an autobiography.. I'm almost always barefoot, cooling with sprinklers, and half dressed. I believe in peace and love and respect for nature. I am NOT a hippie..

Educated hippies the best of the best. No better way to live.

I'm convinced there's no such thing. Just brainwashed ignorant fools. The majority of "hippies" are ultra left wing nuts.. And if they're "educated" which I'm sure you mean having gone to college, well that just makes them that much more nauseating.. The more "education" you receive the more likely it is your another brainwashed ignorant left wing fool regurgitating whatever professor krumpkin teaches you to believe.

My father was friends with so many of those who liked the farm and work there, that they lived year round, and we even had a couple from Switzerland show up, because they'd heard such good things about my dad's crazy hippy farm.

I want to own a farm but that doesn't make me a hippy. Hippies require you being self centered ego inflated kumbaya singing ultra left wing feminists. Something I will never stand for. The thing about hippies is they're usually a bunch of ignorant fools blinded by their own egos and bias who think they have everything figured out and know what's best for everyone else. I can no longer differentiate between hippie and ultra left wing nonsensationalism.
edit on 31-7-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

The term was used very commonly by all those who worked there, who lived with us, by us, by the communities and it was an era of intelligent freedom, with people who devalued the world's management. We would discuss the events of the time, with understanding, and look for solutions.

There were many currently who misuse the term, whereas we lived it in its most ideal form, in the era it was occurring. And on those ideals, I am still a Hippy and will never ever not be one.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Btw, the correct quote about Jesus and the sword was "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword."

New Age clowns, wanting to comment on every aspect of life, yet not wanting to prove. As if their words are the faith and gospel, and should never be doubted.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Magicians Apprentice

I like your why of see things .

There are many paths one may walk and in many different shoes but the question is -
Are you willing to wear the shoes ?
Sometime that is the hardest thing to do is wear other shoes to see how they see the world.

The why I kinda see how things work.
There is a big picture and you are piece of that picture of the whole. Without your piece the picture. The picture would be incomplete.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Why there are positive aspects of bushido let's not forget that if you screwed up you would disembowel yourself, and have your . cut off.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Why there are positive aspects of bushido let's not forget that if you screwed up you would disembowel yourself, and have your . cut off.

Not always and it was later frowned upon.
Anyway welcome to the thread enjoy the read and I apologise for the high jackers

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lord sword

Thank you for popping in and for commenting

The why I kinda see how things work.
There is a big picture and you are piece of that picture of the whole. Without your piece the picture. The picture would be incomplete.

You are right everyone holds the pieces of the bigger picture that puzzle piece that helps us understand.This is why I am seen as a bit odd when I meet someone I ask them to tell me their story. I love to listen and analyse things, I do give advice if someone asks me for some.

Anyway welcome to the thread, hopefully you enjoyed the OP and had a great time learning part of my story.
edit on 31-7-2013 by The Magicians Apprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You can download "The Art of War" from the internet for free but you have to be careful with that. In such cases they often want you to download other programs like toolbars and do not give the option of refusing.

I know two accounts related to ancient Japanese culture. One is called "The Lair" and relates to a time when Samurai began training in Ninja style and the other is called, "The Rising Sun".

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You can download "The Art of War" from the internet for free but you have to be careful with that. In such cases they often want you to download other programs like toolbars and do not give the option of refusing.

I know two accounts related to ancient Japanese culture. One is called "The Lair" and relates to a time when Samurai began training in Ninja style and the other is called, "The Rising Sun".

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Call me old fashioned but I prefer holding a book rather then downloading it

I love the feel of the paper and the energy when you move your hand across the page

Nostalgia I guess

Maybe I am too old fashioned for these times we live in

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

In relation your Avatar you also have contemporary perspectives in relation to personality (for the record I feel it compliments you).

In relation to books I would recommend "Women who Run with the Wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph.D.

edit on 31-7-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I had the honor of studying under a shaman for 4 years of my life. He took me under his wing at a very dark time in my life. I had no knowledge of fate or destiny or any of the underlying magical things which happened around me every day. Throughout my life I had always been pulled into the mystical but never knew why until I met Grandfather Peace. I can relate to the OP in such an intimate way but had never known it is known as Bushido. Thanks OP, for even now when my apprenticeship with him has finished you have given me a new way of furthering my spiritual path. Everything serves a purpose and the click of a button led me to this thread. I just wish more people had eyes to see. May you always continue to connect the dots in this wonderful quilt of life

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The Bushido Code

The Bushido Code is a wonderful code to live ones life by. Here is a website that was sent to me at one time to help explain. S&F

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Martin75

The Bushido Code

The Bushido Code is a wonderful code to live ones life by. Here is a website that was sent to me at one time to help explain. S&F

Thank you and welcome to the thread.
Will have a read.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ruthaboveall
I had the honor of studying under a shaman for 4 years of my life. He took me under his wing at a very dark time in my life. I had no knowledge of fate or destiny or any of the underlying magical things which happened around me every day. Throughout my life I had always been pulled into the mystical but never knew why until I met Grandfather Peace. I can relate to the OP in such an intimate way but had never known it is known as Bushido. Thanks OP, for even now when my apprenticeship with him has finished you have given me a new way of furthering my spiritual path. Everything serves a purpose and the click of a button led me to this thread. I just wish more people had eyes to see. May you always continue to connect the dots in this wonderful quilt of life

Hello there and welcome

If you build it, they will come

Patience is a virtue and I can not get frustrated because not many are reading it.

I'm not worried about if all of ats comes here and reads it. I am just happy with the few that have so far, life is not about popularity nor is it a contest. Life is about learning and growing, it is also about assisting others in the learning and growth. The world is truly in a hard state right now and even a small ray of sunshine can bring change.

I hope you enjoyed the read and again welcome

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Just finished reading all the way through and saw where I posted a link that was already posted....shame on me

So for punishment I did my homework and found some reading I think you might really enjoy.
Amazon:My Journey With the Grandmaster
Interview with Bill Hayes

Major Bill Hayes is a man that was introduced to Bushido through Karate. Although that is not the exact meaning behind his book; he shows how The Bushido Code changed his life. It is a WONDERFUL read and I really think that you would enjoy it. You seem to have found a wonderful peace in your life.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

First of all OP I like your thread. I like where you are going with this. You however are not talking about bushido. You are simply talking about do. That being said do is a amazing thing to understand and really enjoy. It can take you far in many aspects if life. But, It's not bushido. Sorry. Other than that I like your thread and believe it should be read for its merits. Just that the title and the use of the word bushido is incorrect.

Finally to the post I am replying to. Thank you for putting into words what I was too tired to Articulate tonight. Well said and spot on.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join