It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient stone head on Mars?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I think what is happening to you, is that you want to believe there was advanced civilization on mars so bad, and so your mind associates random images with things you are familiarized with, thus feeding into your self delusion that what you see is what you think you are seeing, in which case you think a volcanic rock is a stone head.

What is it you are running from in your past, that you need to believe so hard that there was civilization on mars?

You can think this and that and accuse those who think there was once an advanced civilization on Mars as self deluded all you like, fact is all theories remain possible until disproved.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Why wouldn't one suppose that Mars once had life, even intelligent and civilized life? It once had an atmosphere, oceans and lakes. There is no reason to assume that life wouldn't have arisen. The question is. "What happened to Mars that stripped it of life?"

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Hey I feel for ya. Nobody on here is going to even take for a second that it could be something of importance other than a rock. They claim to have open minds and yada yada, but all they ever say is let me see proof which is almost impossible to do. You could have a picture of an alien standing in front of Curiosity or a clear as day pyramid with Spinx like structures around it and they would say photo shopped or whatever. The point is it's almost a waste of time to put anything on here anymore. All you get is grief for your personal beliefs and viewpoints.

I personally don't see what you are saying either but I do think its a pretty good possibility that an ancient civilization lived on Mars and i don't see the need to bash or ridicule like some of these replies you're getting.

Take comfort in this quote:

"Crazy is a label that learning men use to explain things they cant understand. Im only as crazy as you are blind"
edit on 31-7-2013 by NONPOINT21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Regards the questions on what happened to mars, Isn't the current scientific theory that mars core just gradually coolled, weakening its magnetic field and gradually lost most of its atmospere.

Its feasible that Mars may have ONLY had primitive life, or primitive hominids..maybe 'they' only made, and therefore left, only a few buildings and structures like stone age man would have left on Earth, these would be hard to spot after several millennia or eons and would most likely look like the OP (and Arkens etc) claimed phots. But a highly advanced race would I'm sure leave much more obvious signs of its existence.

I personally think mars is too small to have had a major civilization in its past, its a pretty tiny planet. As I have posted before, its Venus's rocks we should be looking at, not those on mars. If any planet had life and went foobar its Venus, but that's off topic a bit.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Why wouldn't one suppose that Mars once had life, even intelligent and civilized life? It once had an atmosphere, oceans and lakes. There is no reason to assume that life wouldn't have arisen. The question is. "What happened to Mars that stripped it of life?"

Before you can ask that question you first have to answer "did mars have life to begin with?"

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Nicely said ...I couldn't say it better

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

you want to believe there was advanced civilization

No not believing , just my gut feeling .. Somehow I think that mars beholds something that small view people know.. Why all those mission to mars.. And none to Titan or the moon? There's more too it then this...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NONPOINT21

Thanks but I'm not feeling victimized by the small few who think their harsh expressions really mean something to the world....

they forget," hell they don't even know who they are" that the wise ancient long gone conspiracy theorists.. formed this site of what it is now... And their spirits are still haunting me in my heart ...
edit on 31-7-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Before you can ask that question you first have to answer "did mars have life to begin with?"

"A fundamental question for this mission is whether Mars could have supported a habitable environment," said Michael Meyer, lead scientist for NASA's Mars Exploration Program at the agency's headquarters in Washington. "From what we know now, the answer is yes."

NASA Rover Finds Conditions Once Suited for Ancient Life on Mars
edit on 31-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

I realize that most of these rocks are rocks but....it's a valid theory that there might have been ancient civilizations on Mars. It's valid to believe that some of these artifacts, if they existed, would still be preserved, especially considering the atmosphere and the massive sand storms that have the possibility to uncover things hidden for ...millennia. This is a conspiracy theory website with a multitude of forums devoted to, not only conspiracies but, archeology, ancient civilizations, extra terrestrial life, space exploration etc.

I would agree with the rest of your post, and the OP is very polite, while some of the replies are just snarly. I don't know why some people just can't say "they are rocks" without adding some pseudo intellectual comment to the OP as to what the OP is thinking, as if? All that means is they consider that they have been there and done that and know better, but offer nothing else.
Some of those rocks are just sandcastles built and exotically shaped by a combination of a little moisture and a very gentle wind. The Martian storms are not likely to do you much damage, unless you breath in the dust, which is very fine, and feather like. You can see that in so many of the pictures of the rovers, how easily they crush those concretions on the ground back to dust, but also break those small rocks just as easily. While there is some moisture about, it is so dry that those bedrocks will have little or no water in them and are fragile in varying degrees. Then again different regions of Mars will not be all the same, I suppose that could include the atmosphere, somebody might put me right on that.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i so want to see something thats actually there but in main pic its rocks and close up pic its still rocks to me.

i see nothing to show it to be anything else.where is that one person with that photo we all crave

i can,t wait for the day i can say WOW i knew it would come.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for the good reply mate. The question I have is as follows; So there's this theory that's not taken hold in mainstream science and Archeology. This Theory is that there might have been an ancient civilization on Mars. How do you go about trying to prove this theory? One way, of course, is to look at anomalous pictures and really take a look at them. The upside of this, for me, is that I'm also really interested in Geology and then as a further upside, I'm really interested in the possibility of mining on Mars in the next several decades. All Very exciting stuff and all of it really comes back to analyzing the data from the rovers there and the pictures. Not all of this reply is directed at you, of course, but not having time to analyze pictures of Mars myself very often, I find it helpful and interesting to take good looks at what others have find. I think these are just rocks but I also see the possibilities and the benefit of closer examinations. Many amateur archeologists and arm chair scientists of all sorts have made the most amazing discoveries. Why not one of us here next?

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
That unfortunate that many of you do not see it... only when NASA tells you it is there you would believe it , you are good followers.. Nothing wrong with that..

These threads are silly enough, but actually insulting the people who don't see what you see is quite ridiculous.

I would be much MORE surprised if nothing on Mars had interesting appearances.

I could go into the woods next to my house, and find TONS of examples of "interesting" rocks, twigs, and things that look like manmade or out of place stuff.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
One way, of course, is to look at anomalous pictures and really take a look at them.

I do not fully agree with that, I think we should look at all photos, sometimes something that looks like a common rock may be an important clue.

We have to thank all the people that do the looking, as I am one of those that do not have the time (although I love it) to do it.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The most interesting thing about that picture to me is, how did those rocks get there? We see a smooth barren landscape all around those rocks, how did those rocks get there and why are they just in that one spot while the rest of the landscape is rock free?
That`s the $64,000 question that even the "it`s just rocks" people can never explain.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Tardacus
The most interesting thing about that picture to me is, how did those rocks get there?

How do rocks get to the places we see them on Earth?

We see a smooth barren landscape all around those rocks, how did those rocks get there and why are they just in that one spot while the rest of the landscape is rock free?

No, that's not the only place with rocks, all that area is full of rocks of many sizes, of at least (I think) three different types, with some looking like basalt, others like sedimentary rocks like sandstone and some like scoria.

That`s the $64,000 question that even the "it`s just rocks" people can never explain.

From what I can see, it looks like the sedimentary rocks are the result of the breaking (for reasons I do not know, but they look like tectonic movements) of the compressed dust (probably created as a lake bottom) that lies under the dust cover. The basalt like stones look like they appear near small craters, so maybe they are the bedrock under the sedimentary layer. The scoria-like rocks, if they have the same origin as scoria, need a close by volcano, that I do not know if existed or not.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I have had a good look at this particular image in the OP but the quality is not that good. It's not the large rocks one should be looking at but what is on the surface over the whole area. To find out what is really in the view I found it best to convert the image to greyscale.

Would any member like to try their hand at enhancing a greyscale version of the image and post their results?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Did you use this image?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

We're dying to hear about the wealth of experience you have in the field. What's your regional/cultural specialization?

What is with the snobbish remark. You do not have to be educated in a factuality to have an opinion on it. Some of our best thinkers and inventors had little or no formal education.
A lot of people think there was life on Mars in the past. We still call it the planet of war. If people want to spend time looking for artifacts on Mars then they should be allowed to do it without sneers and jibes from you.

Further there are many examples of trained archaeologists getting rocks and artefacts mixed up. Your point being what...?

Here, this might help:: Social Etiquette and Proper Manners 101 - Universal Class Online ...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by arianna

Did you use this image?

Yes. You should know that I only use the NASA source images.

I do not think there is a PDS version available at the present time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join