It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient stone head on Mars?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Sometimes I wished I could override that vehicle and drive it to the objects I think are there . Then I could be sure if I placed this thread or not.. But I know one day the sky will be falling ..

For that turkey , you make me hungry too

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Maybe you're right , I hope they will bring a more brighter and sharper picture of this site.. But then again they also have good graphical artists to shuffle the cards..

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
I know and your approach towards my thread as always respectful,

Thanks.

But we cannot always deny the fact that the ignorance about this planet could be the truth of what we see and the amount of real rocks could clouding the artifacts that lies around between the rubble ?

I don't think that's likely, unless the artefacts were made to look like rocks.

But it wonders me what could cause the egg rounded stone with the holes on the stone surface of what this you called the natural formed rock any Idea , or is this just another photo artifact that deformed the picture?

Point F? Like all other cases, I don't think what we see are holes, but it's hard to say, because, once more, those doubt-creating objects are on the limit of what we can see on the photo, things like that are never close to the camera, and I think that's because they are a result of not enough resolution to get a clear idea of what they are.

One common problem with photos from Mars and the Moon is that sometimes we are looking at something that we think is a rock with a strange shape but the shape is only strange because they are two rocks, one closer to the camera than the other, but not noticeable at first. I think that's what's happening with point F, for example.

In any case, wind erosion can (and does) create holes in the rocks, like those famous ventifacts from Antarctica.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you armap , That is a more informative answer then that other blatant members could give me..

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Fun with rocks!

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

This picture is from my favorite Mars site ever! It's been down for a long time, but, I"m happy to announce, it's back up!

Have fun checking this site out!
Mars Anomaly Research

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Druscilla

approaching Obsessive Delusional Mania over ROCKS

So you think archeology is for Obsessive Delusional Maniacs?

Oh? Are you an accredited and experienced Archaeologist?

We're dying to hear about the wealth of experience you have in the field. What's your regional/cultural specialization?

You do know that Archaeologists spend quite a bit of time learning their Geology, enough so to be able to tell the difference between a rock and an artifact. It takes a practices and trained eye to tell the difference between a natural piece of Chert and say, a purpose knapped hand-axe.

If you're not an accredited and experienced Archaeologist, which almost stands as having accreditation as a Geologist, both of which fields can tell the difference between a ROCK and an artifact, then, the previous label might very well apply.

Here, this might help: 700+ FREE ONLINE Courses from top Universities. . You won't get accreditation, but, you might actually learn something useful.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I've seen them before you almost can't deny that that's a real plate....

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

One of these days I'd like to see someone spoof these "I see THIS on Mars/The Moon" photos with pictures from any similar looking desert here on Earth (Edited to look like Mars or Moon photos), on purpose, just to see the reactions of all the people that are approaching Obsessive Delusional Mania over ROCKS.

Such a thread would be fun. Spoiler text could be purposefully hidden as the same color as the background so one could only see it by highlighting sections of the OP.
For those that don't get it, then, later on, OP could be like, "Um, guys, it's Arizona".

Yes, great idea, and while you're busy pushing the (in your own words) insane even closer to the edge of complete delusion, I'll start sharpening the knives we can hand out to them, you know, for when reality hits and they need to vent their frustrations.

It's not bad enough for you that threads like this, which you clearly despise, pop up, now you want explicitly fake ones for the sake of causing confusion, too? Can you make up your mind please? Do you want more or less of these threads? Or maybe you want to feel like you're part of the joke so you can feel confident in your superiority over the fools who know less than you? I mean, there's always that uncertainty when talking about actual Mars pics, but when you're in the know, it's even easier to mock believers right!?

I smell narcissistic tendencies in your post, I hope you are aware of the irony in calling out other people's mania when you showcase an obsession with showing people how wrong they are about what they believe to be seeing.

It's sad really, by now I'd have thought a long time member like yourself would have learned at least something basic such as leaving people to their own beliefs after you've shown them why you think they're wrong, yet instead, you seem to have no problem with admitting you're basically just here to laugh at the more gullible or the more open minded.

Yeah, it's just rocks and of all the Mars pics I've seen, this one is the least convincing, sorry OP...
edit on 30-7-2013 by StrawAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Never said that, You also could be interested , or practice the hobby. To study archeology / geology from different planets.

I point this out in the hope some more professional archaeologist here on ATS can give me some answers of what I see is true , They never would bash me like some of you like to do , they give me a more adult and sincere answer...

you do know that Archaeologists spend quite a bit of time learning their Geology, enough so to be able to tell the difference between a rock and an artifact

true but not all archaeologists would speak out the truth about what they see , of losing their credibility within their science group!

Here, this might help: 700+ FREE ONLINE Courses from top Universities. . You won't get accreditation, but, you might actually learn something useful.

Oh thanks,lets exchange courses here's what I had in mind for you..

How to become a nice person
edit on 30-7-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
S and f op,,
NASA will have to admit it soon. There was an ancient civilisation on Mars. That stone head reminds me of prometheus,the film,. The back of the head has fallen off and is laying behind the head, which is facing left. I can mentally put that piece back on and the features of that stone being come to light. Its old and wearing a hood. Spoooooookey. Just a rock my teet.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

Maybe you're right , I hope they will bring a more brighter and sharper picture of this site.. But then again they also have good graphical artists to shuffle the cards..

NASA should have all the images published individually used in the panorama mosaic, it's up to you to compare. It's probably safe to say other panoramas out there could be even better. In any case it's dedicated work. As for brighter and sharper, there is nothing better on Mars.
To add your picture is new, Sol 347 and not likely part of the panorama, not that far away, but will be a different angle for sure, if in the panorama at all.
edit on 30-7-2013 by smurfy because: Te xt.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by StrawAnonymous

No problem I respect the ones who not see what I see, And I will not force to convince them either . Its everyones own opinion and freedom of speech..

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

yeah it has similarities of the movie, in some sort ..

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Never said that, You also could be interested , or practice the hobby. To study archeology / geology from different planets.

I point this out in the hope some more professional archaeologist here on ATS can give me some answers of what I see is true , They never would bash me like you like some of you like to do , they give me a more adult and sincere answer...

Ahhh but some members on here feel they can judge over whether your questions or enquiries are intelligent enough to be taken serious, and if deemed not, will feel it is okay to ridicule and mock away, rather than provide simple answers, or at least attempt to.

Yes, these are most likely rocks, but I am not an archaeologist, I haven't spent thousands of hours at historical digging sites and wouldn't recognize a pile of rocks from a Greek temple, but I know it's this you're getting at and indeed, it would be satisfactory either way to hear from someone with field experience, something druscilla nor I have.

My best advice; ignore. Some people think only their own questions are important enough for an answer and feel they have the right to fill up other's threads with garbage posts and mockery. You can't change ATS, but you can change your attitude towards the annoying aspects of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

drugs are bad, mmkay?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Something bad happened on Mars,its all smashed to smitherines! Something hot because it melted this vinyl record in the bottom left corner of this imagemars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You're not the first person to spot stuff like this on Mars

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And just to remind, that as the theory goes, Mars was once probably in the Goldilocks Zone of this star system, which means it potentially could've had life. My theory is that there was once life there and those people who call paraeidolia all the time, I'm sorry but imo you're wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Some of you guys make me laugh. Are you saying that all archeologists suffer from delusion? How would we ever find ancient relics here on earth if we weren't looking for them ( looking for rocks that look artificial, so to speak)? LOL Do you lot run upon Archeological digs yelling "Pareidolia! Pareidolia! That's just a rock! Put it back!" LOL What do you do when you go in to a museum?

I realize that most of these rocks are rocks but....it's a valid theory that there might have been ancient civilizations on Mars. It's valid to believe that some of these artifacts, if they existed, would still be preserved, especially considering the atmosphere and the massive sand storms that have the possibility to uncover things hidden for ...millennia. This is a conspiracy theory website with a multitude of forums devoted to, not only conspiracies but, archeology, ancient civilizations, extra terrestrial life, space exploration etc.

I throw up a little in my mouth each time I read the word Pareidolia, and how easily it's thrown around here and how easily the word "rocks" is thrown at those that bring these anomalous pictures for us to judge. It's okay to say it appears to be a rock and then some mild explanation or so, but that's not what's going on here.

What's going on here is a belittling of those that find these anomalous pictures or hold to the theory that there might have been an ancient civilization on Mars. Where's the decorum and where's the denying of ignorance? It's not on this thread apparently. Let's open our minds and ignore the threads that don't interest us.

I really do hope you guys don't insult your local archeological students this way! LOL None of you are going to the holy land or Turkey or south America, are you? Let us know, and we'll try to warn them in advance.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

True also many scientists raised questions when sojourner first images came into view.
They shut al the live views back then.

We could be the remnants of mars..?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Zcustosmorum

True also many scientists raised questions when sojourner first images came into view.
They shut al the live views back then.

We could be the remnants of mars..?

Quite possibly, lot of open theories, may want to have a look at some of Richard Hoaglands theories:

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join